Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton post-match 18:33 - Apr 2 with 2850 viewsstainrods_elbow

Predictably spends a lot of bemoaniing the penalty decision, obviously with some justification, as well as defending Eustace (who apprently 'didn't know it was the 4th official'), more questionably. But he'd have done better to have addressed London's question more thoroughly as to why we managed 2 shots on target all game, rather than using resentment (however well-warranted) as a smokescreen.

I think we've been on the receiving end of some shocking officialdom this season, but Warburton needs to get his head out of his arse and start addressing the real problems in the team rather than trying to pull the wool after fans' eyes - a dysfunctional forward line, lack of midfield creativity, and deficit of pace at the back.

Meanwhile, we've now found a range of ways lose to the top team(s) and lose to the bottom team(s), so let's hope we don't lose to all the mediocre teams between now and the season's end to complete the hat trick. Sadly, I wouldn't bet against it.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 18:34]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warburton post-match on 19:03 - Apr 2 with 2664 viewsParkRoyalR

He could have mentioned the £100m budget shortfall he has compared to Fulham, not to mention the average 20k p/wk in player wages.
Warburton post-match on 19:09 - Apr 2 with 2624 viewsgolborne

I must have missed both
Warburton post-match on 19:11 - Apr 2 with 2603 viewsT_Block

Moaners will always moan,-the answer is injuries and some transfers not working.
Warburton post-match on 19:14 - Apr 2 with 2592 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton post-match on 19:11 - Apr 2 by T_Block

Moaners will always moan,-the answer is injuries and some transfers not working.

What about the coaching (or lack of)?

Warburton post-match on 19:17 - Apr 2 with 2570 viewsLongsufferingR

Warburton post-match on 19:14 - Apr 2 by stainrods_elbow

What about the coaching (or lack of)?

Oh do fk off. What an absolutely risible comment.
Warburton post-match on 19:20 - Apr 2 with 2560 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton post-match on 19:17 - Apr 2 by LongsufferingR

Oh do fk off. What an absolutely risible comment.

I wont' descend to your abusive level, but if you think the last couple of months are indicative of some kind of masterful tactical and strategic plan by Warburton, Eustace and Banfield, you should go away and have a long think! Even Warburton has criticised his own performances of late, so stop making yourself look stupid!

Warburton post-match on 20:26 - Apr 2 with 2385 viewssdm1508

Warburton post-match on 19:20 - Apr 2 by stainrods_elbow

I wont' descend to your abusive level, but if you think the last couple of months are indicative of some kind of masterful tactical and strategic plan by Warburton, Eustace and Banfield, you should go away and have a long think! Even Warburton has criticised his own performances of late, so stop making yourself look stupid!

Whilst I think the last 2 months have been rubbish and I also think the last 8 months of progression needs to taken into account. It shows how far we have come that we have had a terrible couple of months and just still outside the playoffs. Maybe our form before this has raised our expectations higher than where they really should have been. Despite the poor results and play I believe we are still heading in the right direction and the club now has an identity, although we have forgotten what was working for us.
Warburton post-match on 21:06 - Apr 2 with 2282 viewsextratimeR

I watched Nico Williams in the Second Half, probably as good as Liverpool have turned out in recent years, ( was spectacular against Austria in the World Cup eliminator the other night), we are probably talking about not much change out of £35 Mln, that's an area we are not going to be in for some time.

Pleased with Thomas, great to see Lyndon back, Moses always available, always got forward, Ilia's looked very comfortable when he came on.

We cannot compete with teams who have these Budgets.

I'm ok with today
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton post-match on 22:35 - Apr 2 with 2094 viewsDamo1962

Warburton post-match on 21:06 - Apr 2 by extratimeR

I watched Nico Williams in the Second Half, probably as good as Liverpool have turned out in recent years, ( was spectacular against Austria in the World Cup eliminator the other night), we are probably talking about not much change out of £35 Mln, that's an area we are not going to be in for some time.

Pleased with Thomas, great to see Lyndon back, Moses always available, always got forward, Ilia's looked very comfortable when he came on.

We cannot compete with teams who have these Budgets.

I'm ok with today

So am I. But we haven't been playing Fulham every week recently. Things can change for the better again hopefully, but I'm not going to delude myself that everything is going to plan at the good ship QPR. More realism, leads to less disappointment in my experience... especially with our little club.
Warburton post-match on 14:41 - Apr 3 with 1837 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warburton post-match on 19:03 - Apr 2 by ParkRoyalR

He could have mentioned the £100m budget shortfall he has compared to Fulham, not to mention the average 20k p/wk in player wages.

He could but if football was that simple how do you then explain the defeats to teams with smaller budgets (e.g. Barnsley, Peterborough - 3 times), West Brom being in 12th or Luton flying high in 4th?
Warburton post-match on 21:29 - Apr 3 with 1677 viewsManinBlack

Warburton post-match on 22:35 - Apr 2 by Damo1962

So am I. But we haven't been playing Fulham every week recently. Things can change for the better again hopefully, but I'm not going to delude myself that everything is going to plan at the good ship QPR. More realism, leads to less disappointment in my experience... especially with our little club.

The trouble for me, in my capacity as a fossil and watching brilliant football from us at times between the 70's and 90's, is that I fear it will never happen again for us because with no money, you cannot compete.

In those decades the size of the club didn't matter in terms of winning things but once Sky and the Premier league came along and followed by foreign investment, it signalled the end for many a club to succeed. To try and compete many clubs have resorted to big spending to compete and then going into a financial meltdown.

The hard truth is that no dough means mediocrity more often than not. Until this season we have been looking over our shoulder at possible relegation and that comes with the territory of being in the lowest five for budgets in the division.

Even going further down the scale, clubs like Wrexham, Bromley, Salford have more money than clubs around them and can breeze past the more established clubs like Crewe. We saw how Rushden and Gretna leapt from nowhere when they came into money before it all imploded.

Unless our little club gets more prosperous than we will continue to be humbled by Fulham when we meet thanks to the Fayed era and regular parachute payments. Sadly Brentford will also be miles ahead making money the longer they stay up. Both these clubs were little too when we were a joy to watch a few decades ago.
Warburton post-match on 00:29 - Apr 4 with 1509 viewsDamo1962

Warburton post-match on 21:29 - Apr 3 by ManinBlack

The trouble for me, in my capacity as a fossil and watching brilliant football from us at times between the 70's and 90's, is that I fear it will never happen again for us because with no money, you cannot compete.

In those decades the size of the club didn't matter in terms of winning things but once Sky and the Premier league came along and followed by foreign investment, it signalled the end for many a club to succeed. To try and compete many clubs have resorted to big spending to compete and then going into a financial meltdown.

The hard truth is that no dough means mediocrity more often than not. Until this season we have been looking over our shoulder at possible relegation and that comes with the territory of being in the lowest five for budgets in the division.

Even going further down the scale, clubs like Wrexham, Bromley, Salford have more money than clubs around them and can breeze past the more established clubs like Crewe. We saw how Rushden and Gretna leapt from nowhere when they came into money before it all imploded.

Unless our little club gets more prosperous than we will continue to be humbled by Fulham when we meet thanks to the Fayed era and regular parachute payments. Sadly Brentford will also be miles ahead making money the longer they stay up. Both these clubs were little too when we were a joy to watch a few decades ago.

God that is a depressing analysis...but bloody spot on. Think a lot of frustration for me and other R's of a certain vintage, is seeing our local rivals disappearing over the horizon...and not having a hope of ever being able to match them again. To be honest,you have to ask how long our current owners will continue to keep the club afloat.We may not have bottomed out yet. Thank god the season is nearly over, and I can forget about this poxy drain on my sanity. Come on U R'sssss.
Warburton post-match on 03:39 - Apr 4 with 1481 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton post-match on 14:41 - Apr 3 by Benny_the_Ball

He could but if football was that simple how do you then explain the defeats to teams with smaller budgets (e.g. Barnsley, Peterborough - 3 times), West Brom being in 12th or Luton flying high in 4th?

Exactly - but why does this even need pointing out? If football were purely played on a balance sheet, what would be the point of watching it at all? When Leicester won the Prem, I'd have a fair bet their budget was 9th or 10th in the league at best. The overall competitiveness of the pro game is a big issue, and a wider discussion, for sure, but budgets dont' explain why our play-off hopes are detonating more depressingly with every game.

It also both amazes and amuses me that when managers go on about budgets, people never seem to make the small critical leap to realising this is in some measure about managing down expectations and/or deflecting from their own coaching deficiencies. Just for once, it would be nice if (without going into self-sabotaging detail) Warburton or Eustace or Banfield could be brought out to enthuse with what they're doing on the training ground to accelerate our attacking, help us create more chances or address our confidence. It almost never happens. Dave Sexton obviously had much better palyers to work with, but he innovated, enthused and always entertained. The overriding feeling of the last two months or so has been one of disspiriting stagnation.

Warburton post-match on 09:07 - Apr 4 with 1321 viewsRs_Holy

Warburton post-match on 19:03 - Apr 2 by ParkRoyalR

Yep... Fulham (and Bournemouth) have gambled big time this season (Mitrovich on £100k a week) and for those 2 clubs it has paid off. Many other clubs have gone down the same road and it has turned to rat sh*t (Derby, Reading, Birmingham off the top of my head). The current approach by the club is the correct one but I do feel for the model to work we will need a steady stream of youth players being good enough as cover for the first team when injuries and suspensions occur. On Saturday we had 2 players in the squad who have come through the youth ranks (Chair and Mahoney). The club have had to go for loaners to plug the gaps this season but if we can get 2 or 3 more home grown players in the squad it would help (I'm thinking a half decent striker would have been so useful in recent weeks). Obviously the likes of Eze wont come along every season but if we can have youth players who can comfortably do a job for the first team during a season it would make a big difference.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 9:24]
Warburton post-match on 09:38 - Apr 4 with 1262 viewsPinnerPaul

Agree with most of that, but interestingly or surprisingly we are still 4th top scorers but are 17th in terms of goals conceded.

Agree yesterday we produced very little in the final 3rd, to say we were 'pressing' in the 2nd half was stretching it!
Warburton post-match on 09:44 - Apr 4 with 1255 viewsBlackCrowe

For some post-match perspective, things could be worse. After the 5-1 defeat yesterday, Fat Frank said that Everton deserved a draw...wtaf.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Warburton post-match on 09:52 - Apr 4 with 1239 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton post-match on 09:44 - Apr 4 by BlackCrowe

For some post-match perspective, things could be worse. After the 5-1 defeat yesterday, Fat Frank said that Everton deserved a draw...wtaf.

Agree, can't be too harsh on MW - he is one of the better ones, most managers comments post match bear little relation to reality - yes Nathan Jones I'm talking about you!
Warburton post-match on 13:09 - Apr 4 with 1149 viewsLogman

Returning to the OP, there's no point in Warbs talking about the lack of pace or firepower right now, when he can't do anything about it. Talk about it in the summer when the windows is open by all means but talking about it now is pointless and counter-productive. I personally don't blame him for talking about the penalty either. It was a bad decision which affected the game and if you don't mention these things then they just perpetuate.
Warburton post-match on 13:26 - Apr 4 with 1120 viewsterryb

Warburton post-match on 09:44 - Apr 4 by BlackCrowe

I'm sure West Ham only beat Everton 2-1.

Newcastle, on the other hand, lost 5-1 to Tottenham.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024