Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives 10:12 - Apr 8 with 2304 viewsPhildo

1 Not getting relegated.
2 Shiny new training ground coming along
3 its spring bound to warm up soon
4 Chelsh:t - ha ha ha ha ha
5 Not playing Brentford or Fulham next year
6 Reading and Derby- ha ha ha ha ha ha

any more?
Positives on 10:18 - Apr 8 with 2246 viewsTonto

for most part of the year we played enjoyable football

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Positives on 10:18 - Apr 8 with 2245 viewsdaveB

We were top 6 for 3/4 of the season rather than bottom 6 for a change
Positives on 10:22 - Apr 8 with 2218 viewsNorthernr

Look we're finishing badly, and that can bleed into next season, so that's a big worry.
But for the most part we've played good football, won games, and competed at the top of the table, something we haven't been able to do for many years.
I don't see this 'major surgery' stuff that some people are calling for. The nucleus of a good team is there. Add pace at wing backs, a more dynamic central midfielder, and a striker (probably on loan again) and we'll continue to improve IMO.

Unless something really has gone on behind the scenes and the whole group is fractured beyond repair, but if that has happened they're doing well to keep a lid on the leaks.
Positives on 10:34 - Apr 8 with 2156 viewsfrancisbowles

Positives on 10:22 - Apr 8 by Northernr

Look we're finishing badly, and that can bleed into next season, so that's a big worry.
But for the most part we've played good football, won games, and competed at the top of the table, something we haven't been able to do for many years.
I don't see this 'major surgery' stuff that some people are calling for. The nucleus of a good team is there. Add pace at wing backs, a more dynamic central midfielder, and a striker (probably on loan again) and we'll continue to improve IMO.

Unless something really has gone on behind the scenes and the whole group is fractured beyond repair, but if that has happened they're doing well to keep a lid on the leaks.

If Barbet leaves, a like for like replacement may be very difficult to find. Left footed, comfortable on the ball and ideally suited to the three at the back system.

it could mean that MW (if still with us) reverts to a back four. We could then get two defensive mids, Johansen and Field with Chair, Amos and Willock behind a lone striker.

It might make it harder for teams to run straight through the middle of us.
Positives on 10:34 - Apr 8 with 2157 viewsloftus77

On point 1 - absolutely - must have been about 4 months now since I last wondered/looked/knew/cared who was in 21st or 22nd place. Reading?

Unprecedented in recent years.
Positives on 11:03 - Apr 8 with 2095 viewsdavman

Positives on 10:34 - Apr 8 by francisbowles

If Barbet leaves, a like for like replacement may be very difficult to find. Left footed, comfortable on the ball and ideally suited to the three at the back system.

it could mean that MW (if still with us) reverts to a back four. We could then get two defensive mids, Johansen and Field with Chair, Amos and Willock behind a lone striker.

It might make it harder for teams to run straight through the middle of us.

That back four thing HAS to be worth a try, surely? Getting bodies through the pitch instead of insisting that every single bloody attack has to go to old, knackered wing backs has to be worth a go, right?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Positives on 11:18 - Apr 8 with 2052 viewsngbqpr

Positives on 11:03 - Apr 8 by davman

That back four thing HAS to be worth a try, surely? Getting bodies through the pitch instead of insisting that every single bloody attack has to go to old, knackered wing backs has to be worth a go, right?

Just posted about this on the 'planning for next season' thread.

I think we're relatively well placed squad-wise for a 4231 - we need to sign full backs or wing backs either way, so why not the former? The big q is Dickie (and Barbet if he stays) being les effective in a 2.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Positives on 12:23 - Apr 8 with 1946 viewsBAWHoops

Positives on 10:22 - Apr 8 by Northernr

Realistically I only see Dieng and Willock being sold.

We'll still have Dunne, Dickie, Masterson, De Wijs for defence. Amos, Field, Dozell, JoJo for midfield. Chair, Dykes, Austin up top.
As you said the money needs to be spent on wing backs and pace.
3 x wingbacks
1 x No 10 (I assume they will go back for one of Patterson and Lawrence again)
1 x Striker (on loan like you said)

It's nothing major and if you get it right you can end up with players like Spence and Cameron Archer coming in on loan for not very much money

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Login to get fewer ads

Positives on 12:41 - Apr 8 with 1904 viewsthemodfather

strong fan base with excellent away support,
some good football and good wins this season until recently,
we look more "stable" not spunking money to agents etc so finally getting to grips with the finances,
most of the squad look like they want to be here, wear the shirt and give an effort.
not being in the bottom half of league, worrying over the dreaded drop zone.
Positives on 12:57 - Apr 8 with 1863 viewsKensal_Ranger

And.
Knowing that there are still many sensible posters on this board.
This thread is like having a boot taken off the windpipe 👏🏻
Positives on 14:07 - Apr 8 with 1743 viewsR_from_afar

Most important of all, we have owners who continue to be willing to put what is it, £1.8m, into the club every month.

Back in the bad old days at the start of this century, when we were on a financial precipice, I 'phoned a sports management company in the US in desperation, to try to get them to broker a deal for us. I kid you not. That company had managed the acquisition of various high profile professional teams. I felt like I had to do something, we were on the brink.

I don't want to experience that feeling again. I want a club to support, crazy though it is at times.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024