Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post match thread 16:57 - Apr 9 with 6076 viewswortonranger

Is this the most miserable run since we were last in the Premier league? To be fair, that was a lot better but there again, Preston were very ordinary. Ref was good by the way. And well done Murphy.
Post match thread on 17:04 - Apr 9 with 3841 viewsToast_R

I don't know how you stop this. The manager looks as though he has run his race.
Post match thread on 17:05 - Apr 9 with 3809 viewsbosh67

I always think that other teams manage to pull themselves out of a bad run but our lot, historically, seem to wallow in it for ages.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Post match thread on 17:08 - Apr 9 with 3778 viewsslmrstid

We've had worse - we lost six in a row twice under Holloway's second spell, including toward the end of a season when we got too close to the bottom three.

The end of McLaren's spell was worse as well, but at the same time this is feeling very similar.

Very depressing nonetheless.
Post match thread on 17:38 - Apr 9 with 3580 viewsDamo1962

We can still eclipse all those other bad runs. Can't see another point TBH.
Post match thread on 17:46 - Apr 9 with 3507 viewsBostonR

Honest question-why can’t Warburton play for a draw? Against Peterborough, Barnsley, Cardiff etc it always seem to be shit or bust. The team’s collapse is disgraceful given what we had done up until Xmas. Does he lack the know-how to change his approach? It’s often said he doesn’t have a plan B - is the problem?
Post match thread on 17:59 - Apr 9 with 3398 viewswortonranger

Post match thread on 17:46 - Apr 9 by BostonR

Honest question-why can’t Warburton play for a draw? Against Peterborough, Barnsley, Cardiff etc it always seem to be shit or bust. The team’s collapse is disgraceful given what we had done up until Xmas. Does he lack the know-how to change his approach? It’s often said he doesn’t have a plan B - is the problem?

There was a plan B in evidence today to be fair. Possibly a plan C as well given the keeper issue.
Post match thread on 17:59 - Apr 9 with 3383 viewsDamo1962

Think he knows he ain't getting a new contract. Our lack of draws...is glaringly obvious.
Post match thread on 18:01 - Apr 9 with 3366 viewsLowerloftLad

We have been on worse runs, But the way the team has just completely collapsed is what really hurts. It's nothing short of emmbarssing now, I feel deflated knowing there is still two home games I feel I have to attend to be honest. So god knows how the players feel.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 18:02]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Post match thread on 18:05 - Apr 9 with 3332 viewsBerkoRanger

Post match thread on 17:59 - Apr 9 by Damo1962

Think he knows he ain't getting a new contract. Our lack of draws...is glaringly obvious.

On the other thread, Lee Hoos infers that if we don't finish in the top six, MW won't be offered a new deal - I think that's how I read it.
Post match thread on 18:10 - Apr 9 with 3283 viewsdavman

More energy out there as we went for youth over the fogeys and it looked better. But no confidence and a lack of anything clinical in front of goal.

Amos was really, really poor today; I still don't know what to make of him. Dozell looked fine outside their pen area and then looked like a rabbit in headlights in their area. Field was, again, brilliant. I genuinely can't see how people don't see it. He is a ball winner who can play a bit - a Derry, Holloway or Waddock. They had players alongside them in midfield - Faurlin, Wilkins and Gregory. Who does Field have?

Jojo painfully anonymous.

The back four did OK although Moses had his usual mix of good stuff at the start and ended up a bit of a joke. Chair worked hard, but was pretty poor today. Dykes was well, Dykes. Gray had some impact when he came on, but Chaz didn't get involved when he came on.

What injury did Westwood pick up; is he out for a while? Mahoney did OK and should stay there for the rest of the season.

Only nightmare was Gray's pen, I reckon that might have cost me the predictions league...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Post match thread on 18:12 - Apr 9 with 3263 viewsbosh67

It’s been a dreadful run but I can’t see any point in replacing Warburton. Absolutely beset by injuries for some time on an industrial scale. Needs to get more pace in the spine of the team next season. Up until this horrendous run we’ve been playing very entertaining football under Warburton. Would rather stick and build than start all over again and lose any semblance of a playing style.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Post match thread on 18:35 - Apr 9 with 3082 viewsDamo1962

Post match thread on 18:01 - Apr 9 by LowerloftLad

We have been on worse runs, But the way the team has just completely collapsed is what really hurts. It's nothing short of emmbarssing now, I feel deflated knowing there is still two home games I feel I have to attend to be honest. So god knows how the players feel.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 18:02]

I don't care how the players feel. They are well paid professional's - though I'm starting to have grave doubts about some of them.
Post match thread on 18:39 - Apr 9 with 3049 viewsDamo1962

Post match thread on 18:12 - Apr 9 by bosh67

It’s been a dreadful run but I can’t see any point in replacing Warburton. Absolutely beset by injuries for some time on an industrial scale. Needs to get more pace in the spine of the team next season. Up until this horrendous run we’ve been playing very entertaining football under Warburton. Would rather stick and build than start all over again and lose any semblance of a playing style.

With the greatest respect Bosh, I want a winning team...and I don't care how we achieve it. It's a results business at the end of the day. Football purist's may not like what I say...but it's how I feel about our club at the moment.
Post match thread on 18:50 - Apr 9 with 2990 viewsThe_Beast1976

"Would rather stick and build than start all over again and lose any semblance of a playing style"

^This. Let's see how we go next season
Post match thread on 18:53 - Apr 9 with 2976 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think he's tried Plans B, C, D and E and none have worked. If only it was shit or bust - we were doing that early season and winning. At the moment it's bust or bust.

Bare bones.

Post match thread on 19:14 - Apr 9 with 2831 viewspaulparker

I would rather we played some youngsters now the season has gone
I’ve seen enough of Austin, Gray , Hendricks , Sanderson and SJ
At the start of the year we were 3 points behind Bournemouth with a game in hand
The collapse has been shocking and gutless

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Post match thread on 19:29 - Apr 9 with 2741 viewsLogman

Warburton will turn this around He is not a stupid man. And his coaches will understand what is happening also. We would never have survived in the Prem if we had gone up (even if we had invested heavily) so let's use this period to acid test the players and see if we can keep the good uns and mutually terminate the ones who are reaching their end of their useful life.
Post match thread on 19:34 - Apr 9 with 2716 viewsVancouverHoop

Post match thread on 19:14 - Apr 9 by paulparker

At the start of the year we were 3 points behind Bournemouth with a game in hand

Sanderson's only 22. Field aside, he was one of our better players today I reckon – granted that's a low bar.

First half we were OK, better than we have been in the past month or so, especially when it came to possession and ball-winning. But our ability to capitalise on chances disappeared into the treatment room with Willock, so their second goal finished us off. It's becoming an worn out record but we need speed and we need finishing. We haven't had the former since BOS left, but the latter has just seems to have evaporated.
Post match thread on 20:12 - Apr 9 with 2568 viewstimeforheroes

Lacking confidence badly now, you see it in the touches of the players before releasing, Dozzell had a good opportunity to shoot first half and took a few touches and chance was gone and angle closed- confidence he hits that when it opens up and it's a different game.

Even so it was good to see the players taking risks today to release the ball more quickly even without reward. Ultimately they scored from two deflections
Post match thread on 20:12 - Apr 9 with 2552 viewsstainrods_elbow

Post match thread on 18:05 - Apr 9 by BerkoRanger

On the other thread, Lee Hoos infers that if we don't finish in the top six, MW won't be offered a new deal - I think that's how I read it.

Not that we haven't got other things to worry about right now, but, on a purely lexical note, why do people so often seem to say 'infer' when they mean 'imply'? It almost rivals footballers'/pundits' brainlessly relentless deployment of the phrase 'to be fair' when they actually mean 'to be honest' rather than 'to be balanced/reasonable' (step forward, Gary Neville, who gets paid to mangle the language).

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Post match thread on 20:22 - Apr 9 with 2526 viewsdigswellhoop

What are the clubs ambitions end of season WE sell end up at stage one again please tell me if you can qpr ethos and way forward
Post match thread on 20:22 - Apr 9 with 2507 viewsstainrods_elbow

There have been injuries, sure, but let's have some perspective here. Our decline had set in before Willock got crocked, Dykes' goal return had been average while Johansen's intermittent reappearances have hardly set the world alight and his 'captainship' can presumably not be described as galvansing, which leaves the goalkeeping fiasco, which, while not insignificant, surely shouldn't have derailed the defence/team as it supposedly has.

Too many players have lost form and/or shown themselves as not good enough, fit enough, young enough, or all three, while the coaching team are now, for me, a domain of deeply disappointing question marks. Re Warburton's contract, I'm undecided, but now tending toward 'twist'. His unwillingess to criticise or question the players I'm also starting to feel is symptomatic of a culture of the team going through the motions at best, albeit we were mostly a bit more at it today (as if we fans should just forget the shockers against just about everyone else for the last couple of months). This summer will show us a lot about whether Hoos, Les and the board are the right people to take the club forward. Frankly, I have my doubts.

Post match thread on 20:28 - Apr 9 with 2461 viewsstainrods_elbow

Post match thread on 19:14 - Apr 9 by paulparker

I feel the same, though I think Sanderson has some quality, if he can improve his consistency and concentration. But I don't think Warburton, to judge by his recent comments (x 2) about 'being careful what he says', is brave or adventurous enough to leave Jojo, Charlie and Hendrick (at a minimum) out of the squad and blood some youth.

Post match thread on 20:32 - Apr 9 with 2446 viewsstainrods_elbow

Post match thread on 19:29 - Apr 9 by Logman

Warburton will turn this around He is not a stupid man. And his coaches will understand what is happening also. We would never have survived in the Prem if we had gone up (even if we had invested heavily) so let's use this period to acid test the players and see if we can keep the good uns and mutually terminate the ones who are reaching their end of their useful life.

To ask an obvious question, where's the evidence? For all the manager's talk about our 'recognising' our failings (as if that were all that were needed), Warburton, Eustace and Banfield have mostly shown themselves to have been inept, uninspiring and unimaginative these past couple of months. He and we look out of ideas, seriously short of both fitness and quality, and the fanbase is chillingly dispirited, if not resigned, even though we've been in playoff contention all this year.

That's 10 defeats in 13 (including the Peterboro cup exit) since the Reading game, which now almost seems like another team playing in another era. The tragic ship QPR now seems to have run aground. It's soul-destroying.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 20:39]

Post match thread on 20:52 - Apr 9 with 2328 viewscolinallcars

Post match thread on 20:12 - Apr 9 by stainrods_elbow

Not that we haven't got other things to worry about right now, but, on a purely lexical note, why do people so often seem to say 'infer' when they mean 'imply'? It almost rivals footballers'/pundits' brainlessly relentless deployment of the phrase 'to be fair' when they actually mean 'to be honest' rather than 'to be balanced/reasonable' (step forward, Gary Neville, who gets paid to mangle the language).

I've always thought that it was, I imply - you infer.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2022 21:55]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024