Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, this is goodbye — Preview 22:09 - Apr 28 with 7681 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/57681
So, this is goodbye — Preview on 14:57 - Apr 29 with 2503 viewsTheChef

Whither NewBee and the rest of the Hounslow gang to pick over the bones of this one??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 16:24 - Apr 29 with 2332 viewsLblock

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 08:25 - Apr 29 by Northernr

Oh mate that's going to sting if we don't even manage that

Thought I was buying money back in August!

However..... as you know I permanently leave the house in a hard hat as I feel the sky is going to fall in at any moment....... I had got an inkling this might be a tiny bit in doubt back in January and then wobbly in February.
Never in a million years did I see the collapse we've witnessed though.

Really want a win tonight and be nice for Warbs to sign off with one.
Just hope it doesn't open the door for Miiiiiiilllllllwaaaaallll

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 18:08 - Apr 29 with 2132 viewsswitchingcode

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 14:57 - Apr 29 by TheChef

Whither NewBee and the rest of the Hounslow gang to pick over the bones of this one??

Was going to post after DaveBs excellent post but didn’t think it was appropriate but as you’ve asked.
Coming from a starting point that I’m not a fan of Warbs I believe the problem has been with the DoFs.I understand the fact that Les Ferdinand is a legend along with being a very likeable bloke.Not sure what gives him and former failed manager Ramsey the qualifications to be in charge of the playing side at the club and could be a stumbling block for any future manager.Would have expected their positions to have been questioned as they were ultimately responsible for the recruitment.
From what I have seen this season I think the side in not as good as the side with Eze BoS and Wells in a few seasons ago so finishing top half is hardly a disaster.The signings of Austin Gray and Johansen didn’t look like they were on Warburtons wish list as he is at his best working with younger players with potential.
Who will be the next manager I think the best bet will be someone you have never heard of other than what’s being suggested on here.
So, this is goodbye — Preview on 18:45 - Apr 29 with 2050 viewsstainrods_elbow

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 09:38 - Apr 29 by BostonR

Really good overview.

I was taken by one comment made by Amit - " my fellow shareholders and I have been involved with QPR for a long time now and our commitment to the betterment of our club is unwavering. This decision, whilst difficult, has been made with the best interests of the club in mind. That is, and has always been, our aim".

If you unpick that, it's obvious something kicked-off behind the scenes. Amit is a shrewd operator and my take is that Warburton must have over-stepped the mark with the Board and lost.

Pure, baseless speculation. 'Best interests' of the club is just the usual bit of pointless cliche everyone in football wheels out at times like this. (Why do they even bother? Though it usually makes me think that only people who are somewhere corrupt need to say this.)

There's as much truth in football as there is in politics. Mind you, I think MW's endless over-praising of the squad is probably just as dissimulatory.

Brian Clough used to say that if a manager was sacked (sorry, not renewed), the chairman/DoF/board who appointed him should go too. If you look at the number of managers Hoos, Ferdinand and the owners have appointed since they'e been in situ, they'd have sacked themselves a dozen times over by Old Big 'Ead's logic.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 18:46]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 19:45 - Apr 29 with 2020 viewsNortholt_Rs

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 10:26 - Apr 29 by daveB

Had one of those QPR crisis nights last night where I just couldn’t sleep for hours and then the alarm goes off and I realise I’ve had next to no sleep worrying about my football club again.

Couple of thoughts on it all

From the boards point of view they heavily backed Warburton last summer, as they did the year before in truth and safe to say for every Willock/Dunne there have been 2 crap ones.. Good money spent on Bonne who was loaned out within a year after hardly ever playing. Last summer they pushed the boat out for Austin, De Wijs, Field and Johansen and from that Field has done well, Austin rarely starts games and has been poor, Johansen has been injured all season, De Wijs was injured and replaced by another player who has hardly featured and when he has been rubbish. Dozzell signed last summer as one for the future and replaced by Hendrick in January who offered no real improvement and replaced by Dozzell within 2 months leaving you thinking what was the point of that.

Even in an injury crisis where you have no right backs we still went with a loan player out of position ahead of one of our own in Kakay last week which is well away from what we’re supposed to be doing. Amos, Ball and Thomas off the bench and excellent against Blackpool to win us the game then not seen again for weeks or in Ball’s case ever again. The only striker we have scoring goals in Gray has sat on the bench for the last 4 games when we needed to win. He’s made some baffling decisions since February and as much as we want to dress it up we’ve not put in many good 90 minute performances all season.

For all the stick the club are getting I don’t think it’s a mad decision to go for a fresh start in the summer. I’m so torn on it all I can see why they have done it but also think he’s done enough for another year. Still however you dress it up we’ve lost 8 of our last 11 games, not many managers survive that let alone get to leave with a handshake and the fans backing them. If the next managers record is even half as bad as the last 2 months no one will be saying he should stay

The problem is of course who you go for and that list from the skybet page is terrifying. Some good managers out there who could build on what we have and do a good job for us but a lot more Steve McClarens who could have us back down the bottom of the table very quickly. I don’t really know who I want as manager next, always liked Karl Robinson and think Neil Critchley is a good manager and both fit in with the talk of wanting the same style of football. The fella at Huddersfield has done a really good job so might be an option if they don’t go up. It’s certainly a more attractive job for managers than it was 3 years ago.

“ Still however you dress it up we’ve lost 8 of our last 11 games, not many managers survive that let alone get to leave with a handshake and the fans backing them.”

THIS

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 21:22 - Apr 29 with 1969 viewspaulparker

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 10:26 - Apr 29 by daveB

Had one of those QPR crisis nights last night where I just couldn’t sleep for hours and then the alarm goes off and I realise I’ve had next to no sleep worrying about my football club again.

Couple of thoughts on it all

From the boards point of view they heavily backed Warburton last summer, as they did the year before in truth and safe to say for every Willock/Dunne there have been 2 crap ones.. Good money spent on Bonne who was loaned out within a year after hardly ever playing. Last summer they pushed the boat out for Austin, De Wijs, Field and Johansen and from that Field has done well, Austin rarely starts games and has been poor, Johansen has been injured all season, De Wijs was injured and replaced by another player who has hardly featured and when he has been rubbish. Dozzell signed last summer as one for the future and replaced by Hendrick in January who offered no real improvement and replaced by Dozzell within 2 months leaving you thinking what was the point of that.

Even in an injury crisis where you have no right backs we still went with a loan player out of position ahead of one of our own in Kakay last week which is well away from what we’re supposed to be doing. Amos, Ball and Thomas off the bench and excellent against Blackpool to win us the game then not seen again for weeks or in Ball’s case ever again. The only striker we have scoring goals in Gray has sat on the bench for the last 4 games when we needed to win. He’s made some baffling decisions since February and as much as we want to dress it up we’ve not put in many good 90 minute performances all season.

For all the stick the club are getting I don’t think it’s a mad decision to go for a fresh start in the summer. I’m so torn on it all I can see why they have done it but also think he’s done enough for another year. Still however you dress it up we’ve lost 8 of our last 11 games, not many managers survive that let alone get to leave with a handshake and the fans backing them. If the next managers record is even half as bad as the last 2 months no one will be saying he should stay

The problem is of course who you go for and that list from the skybet page is terrifying. Some good managers out there who could build on what we have and do a good job for us but a lot more Steve McClarens who could have us back down the bottom of the table very quickly. I don’t really know who I want as manager next, always liked Karl Robinson and think Neil Critchley is a good manager and both fit in with the talk of wanting the same style of football. The fella at Huddersfield has done a really good job so might be an option if they don’t go up. It’s certainly a more attractive job for managers than it was 3 years ago.

Spot on

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 05:43 - Apr 30 with 1759 viewsDixie_CT

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 18:08 - Apr 29 by switchingcode

Was going to post after DaveBs excellent post but didn’t think it was appropriate but as you’ve asked.
Coming from a starting point that I’m not a fan of Warbs I believe the problem has been with the DoFs.I understand the fact that Les Ferdinand is a legend along with being a very likeable bloke.Not sure what gives him and former failed manager Ramsey the qualifications to be in charge of the playing side at the club and could be a stumbling block for any future manager.Would have expected their positions to have been questioned as they were ultimately responsible for the recruitment.
From what I have seen this season I think the side in not as good as the side with Eze BoS and Wells in a few seasons ago so finishing top half is hardly a disaster.The signings of Austin Gray and Johansen didn’t look like they were on Warburtons wish list as he is at his best working with younger players with potential.
Who will be the next manager I think the best bet will be someone you have never heard of other than what’s being suggested on here.

This! And from a fan of Brentford! The world really is upside down at the moment.
So, this is goodbye — Preview on 17:55 - Apr 30 with 1409 viewsNewBee

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 05:43 - Apr 30 by Dixie_CT

This! And from a fan of Brentford! The world really is upside down at the moment.

Well if Bees fans opinions are being sought by some, here goes!

Many others far more qualified than me have already discussed the role and responsibility of the owners, executives and management in all this for you to want or need my tuppence worth.

So I'll just say that in the midst of their present disappointment, I fear R's fans may be overlooking 'the elephant in the room', namely the stadium.

For even if the club managed to get everything right on the pitch and achieve promotion, Loftus Road is simply not capable of sustaining top flight football in the long run any more.

Which is not to have a pop at a stadium, which I'm sure you love as much as Bees fans loved Griffin Park. But for me at least, it was only after we moved to the BCS that I fully appreciated just how much GP was holding us back, and how much opportunity the BCS offers.

This is probably in three major respects:
1. Revenue generation - obviously;
2. Persuading prospective new employees, both playing and non-playing, that this is a club which is going places. (Can you imagine Christian Eriksen playing at Griffin Park?);
3. Persuading fans and sponsors etc of the same, especially so for the next generation of supporters. For while we old timers looked on GP with warm, nostalgic and rose-tinted memories, females, families and casual visitors saw only a crumbling dump.

All of which is a bit like Del Boy managing to charm some posh bird in a West End nightclub, before he realises he has to ask her back to a grotty flat on the 14th floor of Nelson Mandela House, set in a horrible housing estate in deepest, darket Peckham - you just know it can only end badly!

In Brentford's case, it took over a decade and a half to build the BCS after the site was first identified (by a fan, btw), and that was with a wealthy owner who was fully committed from the moment he took full control ten years ago.

Meaning that regardless of what's happening on the pitch, on the training ground or in the club offices etc, your guys in the Boardroom should be concentrating ALL of their efforts in finding the club a new stadium - or move aside and let some other multi-millionaire owner(s) have a go.

Which as well as being obvious, is doubtless also not what you want to hear right now. But imho, its what your owners need to hear if they're going to lift you back to where you want to be.
Login to get fewer ads

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 18:07 - Apr 30 with 1399 viewsCiderwithRsie

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 19:45 - Apr 29 by Northolt_Rs

“ Still however you dress it up we’ve lost 8 of our last 11 games, not many managers survive that let alone get to leave with a handshake and the fans backing them.”

THIS

You can turn that on it's head.

if a manager has been so vastly better than any of his immediate predecessors that a terrible losing run still leaves people sad to see him go and worried about all the realistic alternatives, then I think you have to question whether it is the right decision.

It doesn't do to get too attached to managers but I have to say I am very worried about where the club is going next and frankly will avoid thinking about it for the next couple of months.
So, this is goodbye — Preview on 18:12 - Apr 30 with 1385 viewsDamo1962

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 17:55 - Apr 30 by NewBee

Many others far more qualified than me have already discussed the role and responsibility of the owners, executives and management in all this for you to want or need my tuppence worth.

So I'll just say that in the midst of their present disappointment, I fear R's fans may be overlooking 'the elephant in the room', namely the stadium.

For even if the club managed to get everything right on the pitch and achieve promotion, Loftus Road is simply not capable of sustaining top flight football in the long run any more.

Which is not to have a pop at a stadium, which I'm sure you love as much as Bees fans loved Griffin Park. But for me at least, it was only after we moved to the BCS that I fully appreciated just how much GP was holding us back, and how much opportunity the BCS offers.

2. Persuading prospective new employees, both playing and non-playing, that this is a club which is going places. (Can you imagine Christian Eriksen playing at Griffin Park?);
3. Persuading fans and sponsors etc of the same, especially so for the next generation of supporters. For while we old timers looked on GP with warm, nostalgic and rose-tinted memories, females, families and casual visitors saw only a crumbling dump.

All of which is a bit like Del Boy managing to charm some posh bird in a West End nightclub, before he realises he has to ask her back to a grotty flat on the 14th floor of Nelson Mandela House, set in a horrible housing estate in deepest, darket Peckham - you just know it can only end badly!

In Brentford's case, it took over a decade and a half to build the BCS after the site was first identified (by a fan, btw), and that was with a wealthy owner who was fully committed from the moment he took full control ten years ago.

Meaning that regardless of what's happening on the pitch, on the training ground or in the club offices etc, your guys in the Boardroom should be concentrating ALL of their efforts in finding the club a new stadium - or move aside and let some other multi-millionaire owner(s) have a go.

Which as well as being obvious, is doubtless also not what you want to hear right now. But imho, its what your owners need to hear if they're going to lift you back to where you want to be.

Can't argue with any of that. Of all the London clubs, we are the one being held back by antiquated facilities. But you still need a product on the pitch first - that generates interest among the fans and potential investors. Brentford had a team to match their ambitions off the pitch. I'd hazard a guess that whoever is in charge at QPR ...will have an eye on what you have achieved. A good look at your recruitment policy...will be a start. Congrats on a great first season in the Prem BTW.
So, this is goodbye — Preview on 18:21 - Apr 30 with 1392 viewsCiderwithRsie

There's an extra special little kick in the balls for me in last night's result.

It's almost exactly 10 years that I've been on this board, and I know that because I joined to post a comment in the general gloom after we'd been beat by C*****a. At the time I felt that I could put a bit of perspective on a bad football result given my wife had had heart attack and died in front of me on the night of 29th April 2012.

As it stands I am off to West London tomorrow because my 93-year old dad is in Hillingdon Hospital with suspected bowel cancer and no chance of an operation because it would kill him.

Have decent summer everyone, I'll see you in August.
So, this is goodbye — Preview on 18:34 - Apr 30 with 1372 viewseastside_r

Certainly agree with you on one thing - Griffin Park was a dump.
So, this is goodbye — Preview on 19:01 - Apr 30 with 1349 viewstimeforheroes

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 18:21 - Apr 30 by CiderwithRsie

There's an extra special little kick in the balls for me in last night's result.

It's almost exactly 10 years that I've been on this board, and I know that because I joined to post a comment in the general gloom after we'd been beat by C*****a. At the time I felt that I could put a bit of perspective on a bad football result given my wife had had heart attack and died in front of me on the night of 29th April 2012.

As it stands I am off to West London tomorrow because my 93-year old dad is in Hillingdon Hospital with suspected bowel cancer and no chance of an operation because it would kill him.

Fcuking hell man, puts it in perspective- take care of yourself Cider and hope your dad will be comfortable
So, this is goodbye — Preview on 00:43 - May 1 with 1247 viewsPunteR

Beehave.
There's plenty of clubs that have got shiny new stadiums rattling around in the championship and L1&2.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 00:50 - May 1 with 1237 viewsdistortR

My thoughts are with you, mate.
So, this is goodbye — Preview on 00:58 - May 1 with 1223 viewsdistortR

If you must self-felate, at least have the decency to do it on your own site.
So, this is goodbye — Preview on 09:47 - May 1 with 1109 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Take care, Rosie. Much love, my man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

So, this is goodbye — Preview on 16:58 - May 1 with 1041 viewsfrancisbowles

I was shocked to read that. Best wishes to you and your family at this very difficult time.
So, this is goodbye — Preview on 17:10 - May 1 with 1019 viewsPinnerPaul

All the best
So, this is goodbye — Preview on 17:33 - May 1 with 980 viewskropotkin41

All the best to your dad, mate.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024