Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Outside bet for new boss 23:59 - May 7 with 3557 viewsqueensparker

Just watching Match of the Day and who else was in temporary charge of Wolves as they humiliated Chelsea at their dump than… goalkeeping coach Tony fkin Roberts. Did a decent post match interview and everything.

Get him in

Outside bet for new boss on 08:33 - May 8 with 3061 viewsstevec

Any manager who can get his side to win their last game and promoted from a 5 goal deficit surely has to be in the running?

I’d wager there’d also be a not inconsiderable amount of arse kicking if the three time bottom of the league youth side refused to adopt the same set up as it’s more illustrious first team.

Might shake things up a touch.
Outside bet for new boss on 09:23 - May 8 with 2897 viewsQPR_Jim

Outside bet for new boss on 08:33 - May 8 by stevec

Any manager who can get his side to win their last game and promoted from a 5 goal deficit surely has to be in the running?

I’d wager there’d also be a not inconsiderable amount of arse kicking if the three time bottom of the league youth side refused to adopt the same set up as it’s more illustrious first team.

Yeah I reckon he'll get the job about 1 week before the allegations of match fixing surface.
Outside bet for new boss on 09:33 - May 8 with 2871 viewsDannytheR

Outside bet for new boss on 08:33 - May 8 by stevec

Nice to see Steve channelling his inner Tony Fernandes here. ;)
Outside bet for new boss on 18:28 - May 8 with 2509 viewsdigswellhoop

emma hayes
Outside bet for new boss on 19:18 - May 8 with 2391 viewsDWQPR

Was watching the last ten minutes on the Sky game of the day last night and they showed him a couple of times just sitting on the bench and I kept on thinking that I knew that face. Couldn’t put a name to it. 34 years since he made his debut as a 17 year old.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Outside bet for new boss on 19:22 - May 8 with 2373 viewspaulparker

Outside bet for new boss on 19:18 - May 8 by DWQPR

Was watching the last ten minutes on the Sky game of the day last night and they showed him a couple of times just sitting on the bench and I kept on thinking that I knew that face. Couldn’t put a name to it. 34 years since he made his debut as a 17 year old.

Remember his debut at home to Coventry, may have been a Friday night ?
Regis absolutely bullied him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Outside bet for new boss on 20:39 - May 8 with 2233 viewsloftboy

Outside bet for new boss on 19:22 - May 8 by paulparker

Remember his debut at home to Coventry, may have been a Friday night ?
Regis absolutely bullied him

The next time he played was Arsenal away, we got murdered and he was like a rabbit caught in headlights, when he came back in the side for Chelsea at home I feared the worst but he played a blinder in our 4-2 win. He was a good Keeper when he played well unfortunately he played badly more than he had blinders!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Outside bet for new boss on 21:08 - May 8 with 2148 viewsCamberleyR

Outside bet for new boss on 20:39 - May 8 by loftboy

The next time he played was Arsenal away, we got murdered and he was like a rabbit caught in headlights, when he came back in the side for Chelsea at home I feared the worst but he played a blinder in our 4-2 win. He was a good Keeper when he played well unfortunately he played badly more than he had blinders!

You just always knew he was never far away from a major rick. I think every one of us can reel off immediately his howlers away at Ipswich and home against Norwich, Barnsley and Man City in the League Cup and there must be loads more.

He probably played at least a couple of levels above his ability. When he came back from his at the time career ending finger injury and played non league for Dagenham & Redbridge, he was a top keeper at that level by all accounts.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Outside bet for new boss on 22:36 - May 8 with 1962 viewsLazyFan

He did one thing better than any other keeper alive.

And that was if the oppo player was at an angle and tried to shoot across him low on the ground, he would stop that every time. No matter the player or how hard they wacked it or placed it, getting down to that he would always save it, he was super quick to the floor.

The problem was he could not kick, dithered on the ball, never fast out from his line, could not catch crosses, and cannot remember him saving a pen. Best a coach really than a player.

What he did show is that if you work hard, even an average player can sneak into the top flight if you are lucky.

zzzzzzzzzz

Outside bet for new boss on 08:06 - May 9 with 1705 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Interesting fact about Roberts I've just read.

"also he is the only goalkeeper to be sent off in the opposing box also in the FA Cup this was against Southend United in 2008 after a foul on Peter Clarke. "

I remember standing at the front of the lower loft and watching him and Jan warm up. Doesn't seem that long ago.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Outside bet for new boss on 08:37 - May 9 with 1630 viewsLancashirehoop

Always had a soft spot for him. Was with us over 10 years but rarely made 1st choice keeper for any length of time. Unfortunately 2nd choice to Southall for Wales so only got 2 caps for them.
Glad he got the career he did with D&R after breaking his finger with Millwall and retiring.
Good to see him still in the game.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

Outside bet for new boss on 10:38 - May 9 with 1452 viewsWestbourneR

Outside bet for new boss on 08:37 - May 9 by Lancashirehoop

Always had a soft spot for him. Was with us over 10 years but rarely made 1st choice keeper for any length of time. Unfortunately 2nd choice to Southall for Wales so only got 2 caps for them.
Glad he got the career he did with D&R after breaking his finger with Millwall and retiring.
Good to see him still in the game.

He was a pretty terrible goalkeeper.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Outside bet for new boss on 11:50 - May 9 with 1343 viewsngbqpr

"We all agree, Roberts is better than Seaman."

See also "we're the finest football team the world has ever seen."

File under 'Must Sing / Don't Believe'.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024