Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Odubajo off 18:05 - Jun 20 with 7014 viewsdmm

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/odubajo-to-depart-210622/

There was something very likable about Moses as a person, but I was never too keen on him as a player. It'll be interesting to see if we go for one or two new signings at RB. I guess MB will want to assess Kakay first.
Odubajo off on 22:55 - Jun 20 with 2283 viewsconnell10

Don't rate him so no big miss for me.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Odubajo off on 07:47 - Jun 21 with 1965 viewsdavman

My son summed it up for me - "wouldn't have minded giving him a contract, but not fussed he hasn't got one".

A decent player at times.

The one thing that might be tough to compensate for though is that versatility - could play down either wing although in my view most wide players should be able to do both roles.

Does need to be replaced though; unlike Nico, I don't see how Ozzie justifies the stick he gets, but him and Albert as the RB / WB will not last the season.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Odubajo off on 07:56 - Jun 21 with 1942 viewsdistortR

Odubajo off on 07:47 - Jun 21 by davman

My son summed it up for me - "wouldn't have minded giving him a contract, but not fussed he hasn't got one".

A decent player at times.

The one thing that might be tough to compensate for though is that versatility - could play down either wing although in my view most wide players should be able to do both roles.

Does need to be replaced though; unlike Nico, I don't see how Ozzie justifies the stick he gets, but him and Albert as the RB / WB will not last the season.

I would love to see Ozzie step up, but I'm far from convinced he will. I think he's very suspect positionally, although a return to a back 4 might help him with this
Odubajo off on 08:15 - Jun 21 with 1875 viewsstevec

Odubajo off on 21:22 - Jun 20 by distortR

liked him, but injured now, the medical staff have had a season to assess him and maybe came to the conclusion that fitness is going to be a constant battle, and in a tight squad that's not really doable.

Not the player he was five years ago, injuries done for him.

Shame but one big winning tackle and coming away with the ball and it’s proved to be the last tackle he’s made for us. Sums up precisely where he is but hope he can find another club when recovered.
Odubajo off on 08:29 - Jun 21 with 1861 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Good luck Moses, I quite liked him too.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Odubajo off on 09:03 - Jun 21 with 1775 viewsMyke

Odubajo off on 08:15 - Jun 21 by stevec

Not the player he was five years ago, injuries done for him.

Shame but one big winning tackle and coming away with the ball and it’s proved to be the last tackle he’s made for us. Sums up precisely where he is but hope he can find another club when recovered.

Birmingham probably if that's where Warburton ends up. I like him both as a player and a person. Unfortunately too injury prone for us to take a chance on, given the tight squad numbers wise. Similar to Jorgi in that respect. Kind of a catch 22 situation- due to our financial constraints we have to take a punt on some of these players who we wouldn't be able to afford otherwise. Yet due to our squad constraints we can't afford to hold onto them if it doesn't fully work out. It's a tricky balancing act for Les and Co to try and get right
Odubajo off on 09:25 - Jun 21 with 1701 viewsswitchingcode

Without his horrendous injury record would have played regularly in the Premier League.Think the best he will get is a pay by game deal at his next club quality player when fully fit and nice bloke.
Odubajo off on 09:27 - Jun 21 with 1699 viewsPhilmyRs

With a lot of these players, including Moses, it's all about who replaces them. I'd take Moses over Kakay without question. He can cover both sides and has decent pace, probably the quickest of our outfield players last season. But there are a lot of better options too. So, if we recruit well then I have no problem with this decision. If we're relying on Kakay - I don't think we will be btw - or if we do another Tod Kane purchase, then this won't look such a decent bit of business. Time will tell but in terms of Odubajo, overall I think he can be pleased with his work for us, he did quite well but probably the right move.
Login to get fewer ads

Odubajo off on 01:37 - Jun 22 with 1412 viewsQPROslo

Another good, experienced, and versatile Championship player let go, like Barbet and Ball before him. Now Jordi. too. Most of the departures this summer don't feel right to me, but time will tell.
Odubajo off on 05:40 - Jun 22 with 1336 viewseghamranger

Odubajo off on 01:37 - Jun 22 by QPROslo

Another good, experienced, and versatile Championship player let go, like Barbet and Ball before him. Now Jordi. too. Most of the departures this summer don't feel right to me, but time will tell.

Westwood
Marshall
Barnes
Barbet
Moses
Jordy
Wallace
Hendrick
Ball
Austin
Gray

Bit defensive 😉, but that’s nearly a whole team gone, so the wages must be massively reduced
Odubajo off on 09:24 - Jun 22 with 1154 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Odubajo off on 05:40 - Jun 22 by eghamranger

Westwood
Marshall
Barnes
Barbet
Moses
Jordy
Wallace
Hendrick
Ball
Austin
Gray

Bit defensive 😉, but that’s nearly a whole team gone, so the wages must be massively reduced

But out of those players you could argue only Barbet and Gray (for his goals) played a significant role last season. Moses and Wallace may have played a lot of games but were in and out of the side because of injury and certainly weren't as effective going forward as we needed them to be. Charlie's role has been much debated on here already; the three goalies were always going to leave; Jordy's obviously done well on loan; and Ball is probably finding his true level in League 1. I'm sure I've forgotten someone.
Odubajo off on 09:37 - Jun 22 with 1112 viewshantssi

Odubajo off on 09:24 - Jun 22 by Wegerles_Stairs

But out of those players you could argue only Barbet and Gray (for his goals) played a significant role last season. Moses and Wallace may have played a lot of games but were in and out of the side because of injury and certainly weren't as effective going forward as we needed them to be. Charlie's role has been much debated on here already; the three goalies were always going to leave; Jordy's obviously done well on loan; and Ball is probably finding his true level in League 1. I'm sure I've forgotten someone.

Another keeper in Archer (or is he still with us?)!
Odubajo off on 09:39 - Jun 22 with 1106 viewsToast_R

He was pretty good some days and pretty bad some others. What else can you say?
Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2022 9:40]
Odubajo off on 10:34 - Jun 22 with 1037 viewslosethedrum

Odubajo off on 18:22 - Jun 20 by colinallcars

I seem to be in a minority but still think Ossie Kakay could be decent at RB.

I also like Kakay , the sort of player we need to encourage from the stands.
He is only young & could vastly improve from this point , i concur that he is a better right back than wing back .
Odubajo off on 17:48 - Jun 22 with 915 viewsessextaxiboy

Odubajo off on 21:48 - Jun 20 by richranger

No surprise. One reason that Warburton contract wasn't renewed was he was bringing in players he knew, like Moses, rather than use our current young players, ie Kakay

Always committed but predictable in possession and a questionable temperament.
All the best to him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024