Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's Euros 20:59 - Jul 6 with 35578 viewsQPRSteve

Anyone watching?

England 1-0 up against Austria at HT. Should be more, but I expect England to put Austria to the sword in the second half. Good standard of football being played.
Women's Euros on 16:33 - Jul 7 with 2603 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 09:25 - Jul 7 by stowmarketrange

I thought that one of our players might be in an offside position when the ball first came across.I was so far away that it was difficult to see who it was,but maybe that was what they were checking for?

Yep, think you're right and for a possible handball by the scorer - courtesy of RefChat.

BBC commentary team got that one wrong - shock, horror - but at least they weren't Jonathan Pearce, which is always a massive bonus as far as I'm concerned.
Women's Euros on 16:36 - Jul 7 with 2585 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 09:41 - Jul 7 by QPRSteve

I enjoyed the match. So refreshing after all the crap that goes on in the men's game. So few injury stoppages and no one rolling around as if in their last death throws. No surrounding the ref and just two yellow cards.

??? - I didn't see any yellow cards.

Interesting watching a women's game at this level - keep expecting a cynical foul in the middle of the pitch or when teams have just won the ball near their own area, but they hardly ever happen.

England didn't even time waste/cheat - I mean employ any 'game management' - which in the men's game would have started from about the 60th minute.
Women's Euros on 21:00 - Jul 7 with 2463 viewsQPRSteve

Women's Euros on 16:36 - Jul 7 by PinnerPaul

??? - I didn't see any yellow cards.

Interesting watching a women's game at this level - keep expecting a cynical foul in the middle of the pitch or when teams have just won the ball near their own area, but they hardly ever happen.

England didn't even time waste/cheat - I mean employ any 'game management' - which in the men's game would have started from about the 60th minute.

I didn't remember any either but according to a site I checked England picked up two.

N. Ireland 3-0 down at HT. Jonathan Pearce commentating unfortunately, Irish RB looks good despite the score,
Women's Euros on 21:10 - Jul 7 with 2439 viewsQPRSteve

NI pull on back just after HT.
Women's Euros on 21:13 - Jul 7 with 2434 viewsQPRSteve

Oh well, 4-1 now
Women's Euros on 22:00 - Jul 7 with 2394 viewsLogman

The Norwegian ladies were good. The Northern Irish keeper was very good. Norway England should be a good game. Agree with previous comments about the women just getting on with it and no time wasting or cynicism. The Northern Irish women's team can be very proud of itself.
Women's Euros on 01:49 - Jul 8 with 2319 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Women's Euros on 22:00 - Jul 7 by Logman

The Norwegian ladies were good. The Northern Irish keeper was very good. Norway England should be a good game. Agree with previous comments about the women just getting on with it and no time wasting or cynicism. The Northern Irish women's team can be very proud of itself.

Its a shame NI manager is talking out of his ass .He actually suggested the ref who is from a Nordic country gave that penalty to Norway instead of ignoring it .I actually saw it in real time clearly hitting her elbow before she got crunched with that tackle .
Norway toyed with NI as expected and are going to be real contenders
Women's Euros on 21:45 - Jul 8 with 2192 viewsaston_hoop

Wouldn't fancy having to play Germany in the next round, they look good.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Women's Euros on 21:49 - Jul 8 with 2179 viewsToast_R

Germany have been levels over Norway who were themselves fancied at this tournament. 4-0 but could have been at least 7.
Women's Euros on 12:08 - Jul 10 with 2039 viewsPinnerPaul

Bit late but me and Mrs Pinner were impressed with Spain when we saw them beat Finland 4-1 on Friday.

Spain a little like Wenger's Arsenal at times, trying to walk the ball in but they can play - odd that they scored with 3 headers and a penalty.

Pre tournament favourites, I'm not so sure but they CAN play.

MK Stadium. I'm guessing parking would normally be a lot easier, had to park a fair way from the ground and if you got there at any normal time, no chance to park anywhere!

On the sunny side so it was roasting, 17,000 there, but no one in top tiers, so guess it must hold about 25 - 30,000?

A little souless but being able to go to the loo whenever you wanted without queuing was a novelty, but with a higher proportion than normal of female fans things weren't so easy for the women at HT, according to Mrs Pinner.

Referee - pretty good, bit of miscommunication with AR for Spain disallowed goal, but otherwise OK and their warm up in that heat was insane - longer than the Champs refs!
Women's Euros on 20:42 - Jul 10 with 1927 viewsaston_hoop

France not a bad side either are they. Italy defending like us in the second half yesterday though

Women's Euros on 20:48 - Jul 10 with 1909 viewsLogman

France are amazing. Question, what level of men's team could these national women's team beat ? I think they could beat just about any men's amateur (Sunday morning) team but they'd just fall short of beating a low semi-professional (Isthmian, Cherry Records League) team
Women's Euros on 21:00 - Jul 10 with 1881 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Women's Euros on 20:48 - Jul 10 by Logman

France are amazing. Question, what level of men's team could these national women's team beat ? I think they could beat just about any men's amateur (Sunday morning) team but they'd just fall short of beating a low semi-professional (Isthmian, Cherry Records League) team

If football was a no contact sport, I think the England women’s side would survive in the Football League
Women's Euros on 21:05 - Jul 10 with 1870 viewsted_hendrix

Have'nt watched one second of it, no interest in it all.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Women's Euros on 12:01 - Jul 11 with 1703 viewsTheChef

Women's Euros on 21:05 - Jul 10 by ted_hendrix

Good to know , thanks Ted!

Italy looked on for an absolute shellacking, they did well to win the second half...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Women's Euros on 14:13 - Jul 11 with 1611 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 20:48 - Jul 10 by Logman

Its all about the physicality - posted this before but I believe in Australia a decent boys U14s side easily trounced the national women's side, so really any men's side should easily beat any women's side, just through sheer physical strength and speed.
Women's Euros on 14:14 - Jul 11 with 1605 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 21:05 - Jul 10 by ted_hendrix

No interest ...apart from posting on a thread called Women's Euros
Women's Euros on 16:43 - Jul 11 with 1549 viewsted_hendrix

Women's Euros on 14:14 - Jul 11 by PinnerPaul

No interest ...apart from posting on a thread called Women's Euros

The OP asked Anyone watching?.

So I replied I had no interest at all which I don't.

Women's Euros on 16:49 - Jul 11 with 1537 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 16:43 - Jul 11 by ted_hendrix

The OP asked Anyone watching?.

So I replied I had no interest at all which I don't.

That's 2 posts on a subject that doesn't interest you, wouldn't like to get you started on one that you were!

I'm only joshing Ted, don't take it to heart!
Women's Euros on 17:07 - Jul 11 with 1520 viewsted_hendrix

Women's Euros on 16:49 - Jul 11 by PinnerPaul

That's 2 posts on a subject that doesn't interest you, wouldn't like to get you started on one that you were!

I'm only joshing Ted, don't take it to heart!

No problem.....

(That's three posts now)

Women's Euros on 17:08 - Jul 11 with 1497 viewsSheffieldHoop

Women's Euros on 14:13 - Jul 11 by PinnerPaul

Its all about the physicality - posted this before but I believe in Australia a decent boys U14s side easily trounced the national women's side, so really any men's side should easily beat any women's side, just through sheer physical strength and speed.

Well.....And quality. Speed women's football up to the pace and intensity of the men's game and watch how the quality drops off. Slow the men's game down to women's intensity and Alessandro Pellicori could be used like an early-years Michael Owen.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Women's Euros on 20:32 - Jul 11 with 1463 viewsDorse

England currently beating Norway like a ginger step-child.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Women's Euros on 20:33 - Jul 11 with 1461 viewsLimehouseR

3-0 against Norway currently who are one of the favourites and looking like we are going to score more!

If only England men played with that much attacking intent we would have been home and dry in the final last year.
Women's Euros on 20:35 - Jul 11 with 1454 viewsDorse

Women's Euros on 20:33 - Jul 11 by LimehouseR

3-0 against Norway currently who are one of the favourites and looking like we are going to score more!

If only England men played with that much attacking intent we would have been home and dry in the final last year.

Bümmed in der gōb

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Women's Euros on 20:39 - Jul 11 with 1440 viewsaston_hoop

Bloody hell, anything France can do! Norway just a bit better than Italy too!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024