Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's Euros 20:59 - Jul 6 with 35574 viewsQPRSteve

Anyone watching?

England 1-0 up against Austria at HT. Should be more, but I expect England to put Austria to the sword in the second half. Good standard of football being played.
Women's Euros on 15:37 - Jul 12 with 3829 viewsPikey

Women's Euros on 14:49 - Jul 12 by PinnerPaul

Penalty was in the soft category, the Norway manager has had better nights, when was it clear 3 at the back wasn't working - 0-0, 1-0, 2-0........ nope lets change it at......................6-0.

Bonkers - he also changed a winning team, lose/draw v Austria and he's gone I think.

The Arsenal manager on the BBC, a fellow Norwegian, just couldn't believe the bloke sat there for 45 minutes and did nothing.

Great England performance though.

Was at the game and really enjoyed it, lotsbof happy youngsters no swearing, booing or any of that boorish behaviour.
Football was excellent.
I think Chelsea charge something like a £100 for a season tkt for their ladies. Presumably others are similar one wonders why they dont take advantage of the profile of this tourno to raise the profile and attract first time youngsters to football at a fraction of the cost.
Women's Euros on 18:45 - Jul 12 with 3719 viewsDorse

Women's Euros on 15:37 - Jul 12 by Pikey

Was at the game and really enjoyed it, lotsbof happy youngsters no swearing, booing or any of that boorish behaviour.
Football was excellent.
I think Chelsea charge something like a £100 for a season tkt for their ladies. Presumably others are similar one wonders why they dont take advantage of the profile of this tourno to raise the profile and attract first time youngsters to football at a fraction of the cost.

A good mate of mine has a season ticket for Man Citeh ladies, mainly so he can afford to take his kids. Absolutely loves it and reckons the matchday vibe is brilliant. No segregation of fans, no aggro, good humour all round, very inclusive. Bovril status: unknown.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Women's Euros on 21:54 - Jul 14 with 3535 viewsQPR_Hibs

Terrible VAR decision in tonight's match.
Also a shocking dive from the French centre forward.

It's getting more and more similar to the Men's game every minute.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Women's Euros on 07:50 - Jul 15 with 3403 viewsstowmarketrange

Women's Euros on 18:45 - Jul 12 by Dorse

A good mate of mine has a season ticket for Man Citeh ladies, mainly so he can afford to take his kids. Absolutely loves it and reckons the matchday vibe is brilliant. No segregation of fans, no aggro, good humour all round, very inclusive. Bovril status: unknown.

There was an article in last months when saturday comes saying that they want segregation at womens game in order to get fans singing together rather than be dotted all around the grounds.
Women's Euros on 10:15 - Jul 15 with 3325 viewsJuzzie

Women's Euros on 07:50 - Jul 15 by stowmarketrange

There was an article in last months when saturday comes saying that they want segregation at womens game in order to get fans singing together rather than be dotted all around the grounds.

Segregation just fuels rivalry/confrontation ("oooh, look at me, nice and safe in my own group giving it large bantz and offering them outside whilst being safely 200ft away")

Probably too late for the men's game but keep it as it is for women's football.
Women's Euros on 17:18 - Jul 15 with 3172 viewsDorse

Women's Euros on 07:50 - Jul 15 by stowmarketrange

What was their position on Bovril?

Women's Euros on 21:16 - Jul 15 with 3071 viewsaston_hoop

This Alessia Russo is ruthless. Quality player

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Women's Euros on 23:06 - Jul 15 with 3006 viewsjoe90

On my way home from the Amex. Got a free ticket to Austria/Norway. First time watching women’s football.

Austria clearly the better team, very organised and solid. Norway just weren’t good enough. Had a few moments of magic but never looked like scoring.

Atmosphere was very different to anything I’ve experienced at football. A lot of children who weren’t interested in what was going on. No singing, nobody commenting on what was going on, no advice for the officials etc.

Part of me was hoping some Rapid Vienna Ultras had sneaked in to liven things up…only joking.
Login to get fewer ads

Women's Euros on 05:47 - Jul 16 with 2915 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Women's Euros on 23:06 - Jul 15 by joe90

On my way home from the Amex. Got a free ticket to Austria/Norway. First time watching women’s football.

Austria clearly the better team, very organised and solid. Norway just weren’t good enough. Had a few moments of magic but never looked like scoring.

Atmosphere was very different to anything I’ve experienced at football. A lot of children who weren’t interested in what was going on. No singing, nobody commenting on what was going on, no advice for the officials etc.

Part of me was hoping some Rapid Vienna Ultras had sneaked in to liven things up…only joking.

England (Men’s) Friendlies and Youth games are like this IMO.

Will make it my aim to get to a women’s game this season.
Women's Euros on 08:08 - Jul 16 with 2824 viewsstowmarketrange

Women's Euros on 23:06 - Jul 15 by joe90

The crowd wanted to get a Mexican wave started after 5 minutes at old Trafford.
Women's Euros on 08:16 - Jul 16 with 2804 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Women's Euros on 10:15 - Jul 15 by Juzzie

Segregation just fuels rivalry/confrontation ("oooh, look at me, nice and safe in my own group giving it large bantz and offering them outside whilst being safely 200ft away")

Probably too late for the men's game but keep it as it is for women's football.

Out of interest, what was the gender profile of the attendees (to make it easier, let’s just use male and female)?

I assume and hope, that more women are going to see their sisters play. If so, then given the huge queues for the women’s toilets at any men’s game I’ve been to, did the queues seem much longer at the match?

If women attendance at women’s football is to increase, sorting out the khasi situation beyond the position used by two women in ‘Full Monty’ needs addressing.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Women's Euros on 08:32 - Jul 16 with 2774 viewsstevec

Women's Euros on 08:08 - Jul 16 by stowmarketrange

5 mins, that’s tragic.

I’m of the opinion that anyone who indulges in a Mexican wave at a sporting event should be immediately ejected and a 5 year ban from all sports implemented.

As for televisual content, prime time BBC1? Not a case of what we want but what they think we should want. Enjoy your 8-0’s.
Women's Euros on 08:44 - Jul 16 with 2772 viewsjoe90

Women's Euros on 05:47 - Jul 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

England (Men’s) Friendlies and Youth games are like this IMO.

Will make it my aim to get to a women’s game this season.

If you can, you should definitely go. It’s a different experience but worth supporting.
Women's Euros (n/t) on 08:44 - Jul 16 with 2771 viewsjoe90

Women's Euros on 08:08 - Jul 16 by stowmarketrange

Oh god, the Mexican wave! Can’t remember exactly when the one last night started, but it felt like it went on forever. First time round was fun, but the novelty wore off very quickly and I thought it was a bit disrespectful to the players.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 9:21]
Women's Euros (n/t) on 10:42 - Jul 16 with 2671 viewsstevec

Women's Euros (n/t) on 08:44 - Jul 16 by joe90

Oh god, the Mexican wave! Can’t remember exactly when the one last night started, but it felt like it went on forever. First time round was fun, but the novelty wore off very quickly and I thought it was a bit disrespectful to the players.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 9:21]

Well exactly. The Mexican Wave says one thing only, ‘I Am Bored’, and it’s an insult to the sports people involved in the game.

Proper football supporters simply don’t do it. God knows I was tempted to start one up during the Jimmy Floyd era, but you resist. Boo, shout, scream, cheer, be spontaneous, just don’t do the Mexican Wave.
Women's Euros on 13:57 - Jul 16 with 2593 viewsdenhamhoop2

Women's Euros on 08:32 - Jul 16 by stevec

5 mins, that’s tragic.

I’m of the opinion that anyone who indulges in a Mexican wave at a sporting event should be immediately ejected and a 5 year ban from all sports implemented.

As for televisual content, prime time BBC1? Not a case of what we want but what they think we should want. Enjoy your 8-0’s.

Personally think you are letting them off lightly public hanging would my punishment
Women's Euros (n/t) on 17:42 - Jul 16 with 2543 viewsDorse

Women's Euros (n/t) on 10:42 - Jul 16 by stevec

Well exactly. The Mexican Wave says one thing only, ‘I Am Bored’, and it’s an insult to the sports people involved in the game.

Proper football supporters simply don’t do it. God knows I was tempted to start one up during the Jimmy Floyd era, but you resist. Boo, shout, scream, cheer, be spontaneous, just don’t do the Mexican Wave.

If the Mexican Wave was done with belching rather than waving, I would be 100% behind it.

Ladies, England expects.

Women's Euros on 19:47 - Jul 16 with 2445 viewsDavieQPR

UEFA are losing Millions on this tournament and using money from the mens game to subsidise it. They are giving away more tickets than they are selling just to boost attendance figures. Pushing it too quickly, they need it to naturally evolve.
Women's Euros on 20:15 - Jul 16 with 2434 viewsDorse

Watching Germany v Finland. Germany look brilliant. Very entertaining match so far.

Women's Euros on 21:59 - Jul 16 with 2349 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Women's Euros on 20:15 - Jul 16 by Dorse

Watching Germany v Finland. Germany look brilliant. Very entertaining match so far.

I saw Germany v Denmark last week. I thought their number 9 Huth stood out for me.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Women's Euros on 04:45 - Jul 17 with 2269 viewsDamo1962

Women's Euros on 21:59 - Jul 16 by CliveWilsonSaid

I saw Germany v Denmark last week. I thought their number 9 Huth stood out for me.

She 's probably a better option than Dykes 😉
Women's Euros on 07:51 - Jul 17 with 2206 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Women's Euros on 19:47 - Jul 16 by DavieQPR

UEFA are losing Millions on this tournament and using money from the mens game to subsidise it. They are giving away more tickets than they are selling just to boost attendance figures. Pushing it too quickly, they need it to naturally evolve.

Come on mate, of all the places UEFA’s money ends up Women’s football is least of the problem.

Scraping the barrel that!

By the way every tournament makes a loss, none more so than the Men’s game.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 8:01]
Women's Euros on 12:49 - Jul 18 with 1964 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 08:16 - Jul 16 by PlanetHonneywood

Out of interest, what was the gender profile of the attendees (to make it easier, let’s just use male and female)?

I assume and hope, that more women are going to see their sisters play. If so, then given the huge queues for the women’s toilets at any men’s game I’ve been to, did the queues seem much longer at the match?

If women attendance at women’s football is to increase, sorting out the khasi situation beyond the position used by two women in ‘Full Monty’ needs addressing.

At MK Dons, many more females than usual, mens toilets at HT fine, womens, not (Info from Mrs PP)
Women's Euros on 20:33 - Jul 18 with 1814 viewsDorse

Just a shout out to the absolute lunatics playing International football in this heat! France, Iceland, Belgium and Italy - respect is due. They even have to have 'cooling breaks' - never seen that before.

Women's Euros on 22:05 - Jul 18 with 1732 viewsslmrstid

Women's Euros on 20:33 - Jul 18 by Dorse

Just a shout out to the absolute lunatics playing International football in this heat! France, Iceland, Belgium and Italy - respect is due. They even have to have 'cooling breaks' - never seen that before.

VAR still proving to be absolute garbage though in my view. One of France's goals disallowed was right, the second ridiculously harsh, the penalty even more so. Stupid system.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024