Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad needs trimming according to Beale 11:39 - Jul 25 with 5086 viewsstanistheman

He wants to add a right back and a striker but needs to trim the squad. I wonder which players will get moved on.

Murphy is one of those and I think this could see the likes of Bettache, Duke-McKenna and maybe Shodipo and Masterson (which would be a mistake as 3 CBs is not enough with fixtures, injuries and suspensions). Owens needs to go out on loan imo even if only until January as we need to see how he performs and whether he is worth keeping. Kelman would be another one likely to go out on loan.
Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 11:58 - Jul 25 with 4960 viewsozexile

I think he'll keep Shodipo around. I think the others will all go, just hope someone wants them.
Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 13:05 - Jul 25 with 4693 viewsDavieQPR

In the same statement he says three CBs is not enough and Masterson and Gubbins would be kept.
Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 13:35 - Jul 25 with 4552 viewsMyke

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 11:58 - Jul 25 by ozexile

I think he'll keep Shodipo around. I think the others will all go, just hope someone wants them.

Difficult to know with Shodipo. He's done okay in pre-season. But we have a glut of left-footed players. If he was right-footed he would have more chance of being retained as the only rival would be Adomah
[Post edited 26 Jul 2022 0:05]
Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 13:54 - Jul 25 with 4466 viewssimmo

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 13:35 - Jul 25 by Myke

Difficult to know with Shodipo. He's done okay in pre-season. But we have a glut of left-footed players. If he was right-footed he would have more chance of being retained as the only rival would be Adomah

Shodipo is right footed.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 15:23 - Jul 25 with 4300 viewsNewBee

"... we have a glut of left-footed players."

How so? Are the majority of QPR's players left-footed? Is the pitch at LR bigger on the right hand side than the left? (And you've stopped turning round at H-T, obviously)

Of your 10 outfield players, ideally* you'd have five left footers on the pitch at any one time .

* - Actually the ideal would be to have 10 players who are equally adept with either foot, but I'd say they're even rarer than lefties
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 15:25]
Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 16:28 - Jul 25 with 4231 viewsderbyhoop

The OP seems close on who goes out on loan.

I think we'll be light without Shodipo and Masterson.

Armstrong seems to have jumped ahead of Kelman. So loan spells for Kelman, SDM, Bettache, Owens seem sensible. Especially if recall options built in.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 16:40 - Jul 25 with 4150 viewsMaggsinho

Kelman has gone to Leyton Orient on a season long loan so that's one down
Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 16:47 - Jul 25 with 4123 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Doesn't seem like Kelman is going to make it. 36 games in League One, including 28 before he joined us, now at a League Two side.

Shame, as I would have loved an American striker to come through and smash it.
Login to get fewer ads

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 18:44 - Jul 25 with 3914 viewsBushRanger82

Makes us sound like a two bob outfit.
Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 18:51 - Jul 25 with 3894 viewskensalriser

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 13:54 - Jul 25 by simmo

Shodipo is right footed.

Oh I get it, you're one of those evidence and fact based people.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 23:00 - Jul 25 with 3608 viewsDorse

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 13:54 - Jul 25 by simmo

Shodipo is right footed.

Bollocks. He has two. I've seen both.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 10:43 - Jul 26 with 3249 viewsqpr1976

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 16:28 - Jul 25 by derbyhoop

The OP seems close on who goes out on loan.

I think we'll be light without Shodipo and Masterson.

Armstrong seems to have jumped ahead of Kelman. So loan spells for Kelman, SDM, Bettache, Owens seem sensible. Especially if recall options built in.

Agreed + GK Mahoney, 5 in total from those around the 1st team squad atm.
Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 10:45 - Jul 26 with 3239 viewsNushnool

There is of course a more unpopular way that our squad could get trimmed.

Whisper it quietly, but so far it looks like we might we keeping all of our best players this summer.
Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 11:16 - Jul 26 with 3153 viewsLazyFan

Bonne, Kelman and Thomas look like they will go on loan I would say. not to mention two of our goalies.

zzzzzzzzzz

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 11:42 - Jul 26 with 3111 viewsessextaxiboy

I am sure that I read somewhere that Beale likes left footed players , he thinks they are more technically able.

"What a beautiful footballer Gheorghe Hagi was. I remember an incredible goal he scored for Romania in the USA 94 World Cup. I was 13yrs old and stayed up late to watch that game. Left footers are different!! #leftyclub,"

Off twitter via a Google search
[Post edited 26 Jul 2022 11:51]
Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 12:08 - Jul 26 with 3032 viewsHunterhoop

George Thomas is a strange one. It does look like Shodipo has leap frogged him this pre-season.

And I’m still not sure where Thomas plays. He still looks tidy and hard working, but also like he’ll never score for us

Masterson was made captain of the reserve side last week so having thought he’d be out on loan, perhaps not.

Gubbins, Armstrong and Jude-Boyd he’s said won’t go on loan.

That makes you think that Owens, Bettache, SDM are shoe ins for a loan, plus Kelman who’s already gone,
Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 12:29 - Jul 26 with 2919 viewsessextaxiboy

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 12:08 - Jul 26 by Hunterhoop

George Thomas is a strange one. It does look like Shodipo has leap frogged him this pre-season.

And I’m still not sure where Thomas plays. He still looks tidy and hard working, but also like he’ll never score for us

Masterson was made captain of the reserve side last week so having thought he’d be out on loan, perhaps not.

Gubbins, Armstrong and Jude-Boyd he’s said won’t go on loan.

That makes you think that Owens, Bettache, SDM are shoe ins for a loan, plus Kelman who’s already gone,

Thomas is worth keeping to bring on and chase tired defenders down for 15 min especially if we are trying to see a game out and want to stop the big lump forward .
Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 12:48 - Jul 26 with 2822 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 12:29 - Jul 26 by essextaxiboy

Thomas is worth keeping to bring on and chase tired defenders down for 15 min especially if we are trying to see a game out and want to stop the big lump forward .

Plus, he's in serious goal-scoring form right now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 12:50 - Jul 26 with 2811 viewsDorse

Quite like Thomas. Even when things aren't going perfectly, he doesn't hide.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 13:18 - Jul 26 with 2684 viewsWelsh_Ranger

I can't see Bonne going out on loan unless MB doesn't think he can contribute. Its almost now or never for him here and binning him off on loan would suggest the latter. From pre-season playing time etc it seams he will be used in the squad.

Thomas i think is also a good squad option but might want regular game time so might have asked MB for a loan with a view to proving he is good enough for us. I've said before that i dont think Warburton fancied him much hence the lack of gametime.

I'm desperate for Betatche and probably SDM to have a good loan spell somewhere for their own development, optimisitcally Eze style!! I guess the number going out will depend on the prospects of loans comming in so might happen closer to the closing of the window?
Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 13:22 - Jul 26 with 2675 viewsswisscottage

The main reason to keep Shodipo is the lack of pace in the squad. It maybe the two TRs can add to that, but we're still woefully short of pace.
Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 19:03 - Jul 26 with 2408 viewsstanistheman

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 13:22 - Jul 26 by swisscottage

The main reason to keep Shodipo is the lack of pace in the squad. It maybe the two TRs can add to that, but we're still woefully short of pace.

Armstrong also has pace .
Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 19:22 - Jul 26 with 2363 viewsdanehoop

I took the original headline as being the manager commenting on the various hairstyles currently worn by our squad.

Never knowingly understood

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 19:25 - Jul 26 with 2344 viewsOldPedro

Squad needs trimming according to Beale on 12:29 - Jul 26 by essextaxiboy

Agree with this especially with 5 subs now allowed

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024