Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest 11:04 - Aug 4 with 88891 viewsconnell10

A question , will they be hit with FFP sanctions if they are relegated from the Prem? They must have breached them in the Championship.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Nottingham Forest on 11:33 - Aug 4 with 14382 viewseghamranger

They must be.

I see they have bought 11 players so far and are linked with che adams and gibbs white.

Love to see them go down
Nottingham Forest on 11:34 - Aug 4 with 14364 viewsenfieldargh

they have too many saleable assets plus Olymipiakos can weigh in with £80,000,000 for McKenna if nedds be

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Nottingham Forest on 12:08 - Aug 4 with 14249 viewstoboboly

Nottingham Forest on 11:34 - Aug 4 by enfieldargh

they have too many saleable assets plus Olymipiakos can weigh in with £80,000,000 for McKenna if nedds be

Yep, as soon as they look in trouble with FFP they sell a player for well over the odds to their sister club.

Should be looked at by the FL and second clubs shouldn't be allowed. Watford the same.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Nottingham Forest on 12:45 - Aug 4 with 14147 viewsGroveR

Relegated? Your average Forest fan has been churning out "HMS PÃŒSS THE LEAGUE" memes since the final whistle went.
Nottingham Forest on 12:53 - Aug 4 with 14107 viewsBazzeR

Think the owner at Brighton Tony Bloom also has ties with Belgian club Union SG
Nottingham Forest on 12:59 - Aug 4 with 14060 viewsconnell10

Nottingham Forest on 12:08 - Aug 4 by toboboly

Yep, as soon as they look in trouble with FFP they sell a player for well over the odds to their sister club.

Should be looked at by the FL and second clubs shouldn't be allowed. Watford the same.

So this is all above board and allowed!? I wondered how the fuc kers got away with it !!!

Nottingham Forest on 13:00 - Aug 4 with 14050 viewsNorthernr

Player sales. I keep saying it. Opens up a world of possibilities to you - including signing 120 players in five years or whatever they've done.

Yes, they're a ridiculous football club. Yes, this latest trolley dash may haunt them. Yes the Olympiakos connection (16 separate deals, all bar one a loan or undisclosed). But watch this...

2014/15
Darlow and Lascelles to Newcastle, £9m

2015/16
Antonio to West Ham - £9m

2016/17
Burke to Leipzig £13.6m, Lansbury to Villa £3m - total £16m received.

2017/18
Assombalonga to Boro - £15m

2018/19
Brereton to Blackburn - £7m

2019/20
Appiah to Almeria - £8m (dodgy as fck, but still...)
Four other players sold for £5m - season total £13m

2020/21
Matty Cash to Villa £14m

2021/22
No big declared sales but Carvalho, who they reckon they spent £10m on, went to Olympiakos for an undisclosed fee. Again, dodgy as fck, but still...

£82m received there + Carvalho. Other smaller sales to throw on that as well. They've brought in £100m for players.

This is what I keep banging on about. FFP is not a problem, buying players is not a problem, if you can sell players regularly for significant transfer fees. That's how we get out of this. Best season we've had since our most recent relegation was built on the sale of Eze. We need to sell players.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Nottingham Forest on 13:16 - Aug 4 with 13955 viewsstanistheman

Nottingham Forest on 12:53 - Aug 4 by BazzeR

Think the owner at Brighton Tony Bloom also has ties with Belgian club Union SG

Don't Brentford have a similar link with Midtyland in Denmark?

It seems to be a working model and a number of clubs are doing this in Europe. Maybe we should follow suit.

The Forest/ Olympiakos and Watford/Udinese link ups and transfer deals do look a bit dodgy, but possibly legal and that is why they are getting away with it. Or maybe, action on this is still being considered by UEFA.
Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest on 13:19 - Aug 4 with 13937 viewsconnell10

Nottingham Forest on 13:00 - Aug 4 by Northernr

Player sales. I keep saying it. Opens up a world of possibilities to you - including signing 120 players in five years or whatever they've done.

Yes, they're a ridiculous football club. Yes, this latest trolley dash may haunt them. Yes the Olympiakos connection (16 separate deals, all bar one a loan or undisclosed). But watch this...

2014/15

2015/16

2016/17

2017/18

2018/19

2019/20

2020/21
Matty Cash to Villa £14m

2021/22
No big declared sales but Carvalho, who they reckon they spent £10m on, went to Olympiakos for an undisclosed fee. Again, dodgy as fck, but still...

£82m received there + Carvalho. Other smaller sales to throw on that as well. They've brought in £100m for players.

This is what I keep banging on about. FFP is not a problem, buying players is not a problem, if you can sell players regularly for significant transfer fees. That's how we get out of this. Best season we've had since our most recent relegation was built on the sale of Eze. We need to sell players.

Yes we need to sell , but replace with quality, otherwise the only way is down surely? A fine balancing act.

Nottingham Forest on 13:21 - Aug 4 with 13926 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 13:19 - Aug 4 by connell10

Yes we need to sell , but replace with quality, otherwise the only way is down surely? A fine balancing act.

Well at the moment we're not able to add players quality or otherwise.
Nottingham Forest on 13:28 - Aug 4 with 13874 viewsaston_hoop

Nottingham Forest on 13:00 - Aug 4 by Northernr

2014/15

2015/16

2016/17

2017/18

2018/19

2019/20

2020/21
Matty Cash to Villa £14m

2021/22

Noticeable that many of the names being sold there came through at Forest as young players (Darlow, Lascelles, Burke, Cash, Brereton, Appiah) - they know in Brennan Johnson they have the next big sale in their squad if they come down too.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Nottingham Forest on 13:28 - Aug 4 with 13842 viewsRs_Holy

Nottingham Forest on 13:21 - Aug 4 by Northernr

Do we have a sell on percentage if Palace sell Eze? I'm thinking we only have Willock and Chair in the first team squad who are worth any kind of decent money currently?

edit - Rob Dickie too (silly me)
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 13:37]
Nottingham Forest on 13:32 - Aug 4 with 13842 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 13:28 - Aug 4 by Rs_Holy

Do we have a sell on percentage if Palace sell Eze? I'm thinking we only have Willock and Chair in the first team squad who are worth any kind of decent money currently?

Yes we do.
Nottingham Forest on 13:36 - Aug 4 with 13802 viewsCroydonCaptJack

30% I think.
Nottingham Forest on 13:49 - Aug 4 with 13726 viewsenfieldargh

We have links to
FC Cinicnatti
LA FC
Peckham Trotters

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Nottingham Forest on 17:01 - Aug 4 with 13477 viewsNewBee

Nottingham Forest on 13:16 - Aug 4 by stanistheman

It seems to be a working model and a number of clubs are doing this in Europe. Maybe we should follow suit.

The Forest/ Olympiakos and Watford/Udinese link ups and transfer deals do look a bit dodgy, but possibly legal and that is why they are getting away with it. Or maybe, action on this is still being considered by UEFA.

While BFC's owner has a majority stake in FC Midtylland, the two clubs have separate Boards and management and each is run separately on its own merits i.e. Benham isn't eg going to benefit BFC if it's also going to damage FCM.
Ditto for Tony Bloom at Brighton and Union SG in Belgium.
And while there are occasional player transfers between the respective clubs, these are no more than what one might normally expect and certainly none has been in any way fishy.
While both English clubs operate strictly within FFP limits, both in spirit and to the letter.

This is very different from eg Marinakis at Forest/Olympiakos, or the Pozzos at Watford/Udinese, whose affairs stink fishier than a very fishy thing indeed.

Meanwhile, different again are Football Holding Groups which have financial interests in various differing clubs, of which the most well-known is the City Football Group:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Football_Group

This is
Nottingham Forest on 17:45 - Aug 4 with 13410 viewsessextaxiboy

Nottingham Forest on 13:28 - Aug 4 by Rs_Holy

IMO I dont think Dickie has the pace for the Premier League
Nottingham Forest on 17:52 - Aug 4 with 13369 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nottingham Forest on 17:45 - Aug 4 by essextaxiboy

People keep saying this mantra but I don’t think he’s that slow, and even if he was, most of the lower half of the Premiership table operate a deep line anyway.

Damian Delaney earned another 200 appearances in the Premiership for Crystal Palace after he was deemed to slow for us.

Clint Hill the same.

If I was team battling it out for 17th I’d have a punt on him.
Nottingham Forest on 18:05 - Aug 4 with 13302 viewsBoston

Forest...are trees not considered a tax deductible in the UK anymore?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nottingham Forest on 18:12 - Aug 4 with 13332 viewsLongsufferingR

ssshhhhhh! You never know who's reading.
Nottingham Forest on 19:16 - Aug 4 with 13256 viewsstanistheman

Nottingham Forest on 17:01 - Aug 4 by NewBee

While BFC's owner has a majority stake in FC Midtylland, the two clubs have separate Boards and management and each is run separately on its own merits i.e. Benham isn't eg going to benefit BFC if it's also going to damage FCM.
Ditto for Tony Bloom at Brighton and Union SG in Belgium.
And while there are occasional player transfers between the respective clubs, these are no more than what one might normally expect and certainly none has been in any way fishy.
While both English clubs operate strictly within FFP limits, both in spirit and to the letter.

This is very different from eg Marinakis at Forest/Olympiakos, or the Pozzos at Watford/Udinese, whose affairs stink fishier than a very fishy thing indeed.

Meanwhile, different again are Football Holding Groups which have financial interests in various differing clubs, of which the most well-known is the City Football Group:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Football_Group

This is

Ok thanks, I stand corrected.
Nottingham Forest on 19:42 - Aug 4 with 13206 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nottingham Forest on 13:16 - Aug 4 by stanistheman

FC Färtskins to the rescue.
Nottingham Forest on 20:30 - Aug 4 with 13125 viewsLazyFan

Neither does Maguire but he cost £80m

zzzzzzzzzz

Nottingham Forest on 09:52 - Aug 5 with 12841 viewsfrancisbowles

Nottingham Forest on 17:52 - Aug 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

People keep saying this mantra but I don’t think he’s that slow, and even if he was, most of the lower half of the Premiership table operate a deep line anyway.

Damian Delaney earned another 200 appearances in the Premiership for Crystal Palace after he was deemed to slow for us.

Clint Hill the same.

If I was team battling it out for 17th I’d have a punt on him.

' I don’t think he’s that slow'. Are you kidding Baz? To me he is the slowest I have ever seen at this level. He doesn't lack pace, he simply can't run properly. There is no arm movement.
Even 'lightnin' Leistner was quicker. I think it puts doubt in his mind as well when he is trying to bring the ball out. He knows if he loses it, he is toast, as at Bournemouth last year.

I have often wondered if he would benefit from regular sessions with a running coach. Would probably be best done in close season to start with, as you would have so many changes to implement and become a routine, before he could play and not keep reverting to norm. I seem to remember we used a British sprinter way back in the 70's, I think.
Nottingham Forest on 10:14 - Aug 5 with 12844 viewsstowmarketrange

Nottingham Forest on 13:21 - Aug 4 by Northernr

Maybe that’s why we can’t get a striker?There are supply chain issues and he’s stuck on a ship somewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024