Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest 11:04 - Aug 4 with 89340 viewsconnell10

A question , will they be hit with FFP sanctions if they are relegated from the Prem? They must have breached them in the Championship.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Nottingham Forest on 10:41 - Aug 5 with 3689 viewsnix

Nottingham Forest on 13:28 - Aug 4 by aston_hoop

Noticeable that many of the names being sold there came through at Forest as young players (Darlow, Lascelles, Burke, Cash, Brereton, Appiah) - they know in Brennan Johnson they have the next big sale in their squad if they come down too.

Far less competition for young players in Nottingham I should imagine. Surely we're impacted by the Chelsea puppy farm and the lack of a decent training ground. Hopefully the latter will be addressed by our new facilities and the former may be partially addressed if the proposal to limit the number of players on loan goes through. It would make it less worthwhile for bigger clubs to stack up so many players on long term deals to loan them out.
Nottingham Forest on 10:54 - Aug 5 with 3669 viewsPaddyhoops

Nottingham Forest on 13:00 - Aug 4 by Northernr

Player sales. I keep saying it. Opens up a world of possibilities to you - including signing 120 players in five years or whatever they've done.

Yes, they're a ridiculous football club. Yes, this latest trolley dash may haunt them. Yes the Olympiakos connection (16 separate deals, all bar one a loan or undisclosed). But watch this...

2014/15
Darlow and Lascelles to Newcastle, £9m

2015/16
Antonio to West Ham - £9m

2016/17
Burke to Leipzig £13.6m, Lansbury to Villa £3m - total £16m received.

2017/18
Assombalonga to Boro - £15m

2018/19
Brereton to Blackburn - £7m

2019/20
Appiah to Almeria - £8m (dodgy as fck, but still...)
Four other players sold for £5m - season total £13m

2020/21
Matty Cash to Villa £14m

2021/22
No big declared sales but Carvalho, who they reckon they spent £10m on, went to Olympiakos for an undisclosed fee. Again, dodgy as fck, but still...

£82m received there + Carvalho. Other smaller sales to throw on that as well. They've brought in £100m for players.

This is what I keep banging on about. FFP is not a problem, buying players is not a problem, if you can sell players regularly for significant transfer fees. That's how we get out of this. Best season we've had since our most recent relegation was built on the sale of Eze. We need to sell players.

This post has been edited by an administrator

That’s a pretty decent side there. You would have thought they would have gone up years ago!
Nottingham Forest on 11:13 - Aug 5 with 3622 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nottingham Forest on 09:52 - Aug 5 by francisbowles

' I don’t think he’s that slow'. Are you kidding Baz? To me he is the slowest I have ever seen at this level. He doesn't lack pace, he simply can't run properly. There is no arm movement.
Even 'lightnin' Leistner was quicker. I think it puts doubt in his mind as well when he is trying to bring the ball out. He knows if he loses it, he is toast, as at Bournemouth last year.

I have often wondered if he would benefit from regular sessions with a running coach. Would probably be best done in close season to start with, as you would have so many changes to implement and become a routine, before he could play and not keep reverting to norm. I seem to remember we used a British sprinter way back in the 70's, I think.

The case for the defence!

Outpaces the Oxford midfield here:

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=201608155355161&_rdr
Nottingham Forest on 13:59 - Aug 5 with 3492 viewsdavman

Nottingham Forest on 12:45 - Aug 4 by GroveR

Relegated? Your average Forest fan has been churning out "HMS PÃŒSS THE LEAGUE" memes since the final whistle went.

Is there something in the Trent that affects these idiots at either end of the Brian Clough Way on the Derbyshire / Nottinghamshire border. I hope they crash and burn and fly past Derby in the next five years - that would actually be something in football that would raise a smile from me. In fact, I'd pss myself laughing for a couple of years at least.

Not going to happen though is it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Nottingham Forest on 14:02 - Aug 5 with 3478 viewsdavman

Nottingham Forest on 18:12 - Aug 4 by LongsufferingR

ssshhhhhh! You never know who's reading.

But surely we WANT someone to come in with a silly bid for Dickie and asap, don't we?

I certainly do, as long as the funds replace him and get two or more potential next conveyer belt players in...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Nottingham Forest on 14:19 - Aug 5 with 3438 viewssprocket

I like Dickie but if I were to pick one of our saleable assets to be sold it would be him. I thought I heard Bournemouth were interested? If they have a bad start or one of the other promoted teams do perhaps we might get an offer. As we don't have to sell we might be able to hold out for a stupid offer close the end of the window.
Nottingham Forest on 14:26 - Aug 5 with 3412 viewsR_from_afar

Nottingham Forest on 13:28 - Aug 4 by Rs_Holy

Do we have a sell on percentage if Palace sell Eze? I'm thinking we only have Willock and Chair in the first team squad who are worth any kind of decent money currently?

edit - Rob Dickie too (silly me)
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 13:37]

How about Seny? Not that I want us to sell him

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Nottingham Forest on 14:26 - Aug 5 with 3409 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 14:19 - Aug 5 by sprocket

I like Dickie but if I were to pick one of our saleable assets to be sold it would be him. I thought I heard Bournemouth were interested? If they have a bad start or one of the other promoted teams do perhaps we might get an offer. As we don't have to sell we might be able to hold out for a stupid offer close the end of the window.

Well coming back to the OP maybe Forest might like to buy him? They've bought every fcker else. 14 signings and counting now. The Athletic, of course, says this was always part of The Plan.
Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest on 15:57 - Aug 5 with 3284 viewsNorthernr

About those 'all kinds of possibilities' opened up by player sales...

Nottingham Forest on 16:34 - Aug 5 with 3224 viewsRangersw12

Nottingham Forest on 15:57 - Aug 5 by Northernr

About those 'all kinds of possibilities' opened up by player sales...

Isn't it just typical QPR though that we finally get some assists together where we could sell one a year and then Covid happens and the Championship transfer market crashes
Nottingham Forest on 16:34 - Aug 5 with 3222 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 16:34 - Aug 5 by Rangersw12

Isn't it just typical QPR though that we finally get some assists together where we could sell one a year and then Covid happens and the Championship transfer market crashes

Timing is certainly not our strong point.
Nottingham Forest on 16:51 - Aug 5 with 3179 viewsdaveB

Nottingham Forest on 14:19 - Aug 5 by sprocket

Bournemouth and Fulham will be panic buying any old shit in a few weeks if they lose the first few games, Everton as well
Nottingham Forest on 16:56 - Aug 5 with 3168 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 16:51 - Aug 5 by daveB

Bournemouth and Fulham will be panic buying any old shit in a few weeks if they lose the first few games, Everton as well

Fulham have gone for Shane Duffy today
Nottingham Forest on 16:56 - Aug 5 with 3167 viewsLanhoop

Well that's the thing isn't it. Who would you expect to be relegation contenders?

The three that went up? Little Frankie's Everton? Leeds? Brentford? Of those Forest are clear favourites to be as much fun to watch as Norwich were last year.
Nottingham Forest on 17:28 - Aug 5 with 3117 viewsdaveB

Nottingham Forest on 16:56 - Aug 5 by Lanhoop

Well that's the thing isn't it. Who would you expect to be relegation contenders?

The three that went up? Little Frankie's Everton? Leeds? Brentford? Of those Forest are clear favourites to be as much fun to watch as Norwich were last year.

I think Southampton might struggle but ultimatley the 3 that went up will probably go down. Considering how Fulham pissed it last year is scary to see how crap they are expected to do
Nottingham Forest on 17:30 - Aug 5 with 3101 viewsswitchingcode

Nottingham Forest on 16:56 - Aug 5 by Lanhoop

Any 3 from Everton Brentford Saints Fulham Forrest Bournmouth Leeds Brighton Leicester Wolves the Top 6 will be same as nearly every year if they f off it would be a good league for everyone else
Nottingham Forest on 17:31 - Aug 5 with 3105 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 17:28 - Aug 5 by daveB

I think Southampton might struggle but ultimatley the 3 that went up will probably go down. Considering how Fulham pissed it last year is scary to see how crap they are expected to do

Fulham, Bournemouth and one other. I worry about Southampton as well.

If Forest do go down after spending £150m on 14 players while The Athletic falls over itself to say this is all fine, normal, part of the plan, honest to God you'll have to find a permanent fill in for me next season because I'll die laughing.
Nottingham Forest on 17:49 - Aug 5 with 3049 viewsswitchingcode

Nottingham Forest on 17:31 - Aug 5 by Northernr

Fulham, Bournemouth and one other. I worry about Southampton as well.

If Forest do go down after spending £150m on 14 players while The Athletic falls over itself to say this is all fine, normal, part of the plan, honest to God you'll have to find a permanent fill in for me next season because I'll die laughing.

Agree re Forrest im not one to crow about other teams failures( well not much) but they are the exception.
Nottingham Forest on 16:05 - Aug 11 with 2675 viewsdmm

Forest will sign Remo Freuler from Atalanta for £7.6m which takes their spending up to £78m excluding undisclosed fees for Brandon Aguilera and Ryan Hammond.

Please, please, please let's see them get relegated this season.
Nottingham Forest on 16:10 - Aug 11 with 2658 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 16:05 - Aug 11 by dmm

Forest will sign Remo Freuler from Atalanta for £7.6m which takes their spending up to £78m excluding undisclosed fees for Brandon Aguilera and Ryan Hammond.

Please, please, please let's see them get relegated this season.

Athletic describes him and Emmanuel Dennis, a £20m fourteenth signing of the summer, as "solid additions".
Nottingham Forest on 16:25 - Aug 11 with 2617 viewsngbqpr

Nottingham Forest on 16:10 - Aug 11 by Northernr

Athletic describes him and Emmanuel Dennis, a £20m fourteenth signing of the summer, as "solid additions".

Thought the Forest w@nkathon had seen you cancel ;)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Nottingham Forest on 17:15 - Aug 11 with 2541 viewsNewBee

Meanwhile, The Athletic reveals that it's not all about signing players at the City Ground, theyre also concerned about keeping players:

"Nottingham Forest remain hopeful of reaching an agreement to terminate Harry Arter’s contract – but the situation has been complicated by the fact that the club’s promotion to the Premier League earned the midfielder an extra year on his deal and a pay rise.
As a result of the promotion clause, Arter, 32, is now believed to be under contract until the end of the 2023-24 season."

Although never fear, even if he does stay, they've earmarked a vital role for Arter: he can "nanny" the club's youngsters by playing for their U21s team!

Genius.
Nottingham Forest on 17:42 - Aug 11 with 2519 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 16:25 - Aug 11 by ngbqpr

Thought the Forest w@nkathon had seen you cancel ;)

I have, but Twitter's wonderful algorithm keeps putting their main Forest cheerleader onto my timeline.
Nottingham Forest on 17:43 - Aug 11 with 2517 viewsNorthernr

Nottingham Forest on 17:15 - Aug 11 by NewBee

Meanwhile, The Athletic reveals that it's not all about signing players at the City Ground, theyre also concerned about keeping players:

"Nottingham Forest remain hopeful of reaching an agreement to terminate Harry Arter’s contract – but the situation has been complicated by the fact that the club’s promotion to the Premier League earned the midfielder an extra year on his deal and a pay rise.
As a result of the promotion clause, Arter, 32, is now believed to be under contract until the end of the 2023-24 season."

Although never fear, even if he does stay, they've earmarked a vital role for Arter: he can "nanny" the club's youngsters by playing for their U21s team!

Genius.

This is insane.
Nottingham Forest on 18:10 - Aug 11 with 2458 viewsdaveB

Nottingham Forest on 17:15 - Aug 11 by NewBee

Genius.

I bet he can't believe his luck.

The way Forest are portrayed is similar to Villa, it's OK for them to buy loads of players and still not be very good becasue well they are great clubs but when Fulham, ourselves or anyone else dare to go batshit crazy they are a shambles and should know their place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024