Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst ever player 18:15 - Aug 4 with 10957 viewspaulhoop2

Following on from other threads

Who’s the worst ever player you have seen for rangers in the flesh?

1st up - Bob Malcom

2nd up - Gus Cesar

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Worst ever player on 08:39 - Aug 6 with 1103 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Baidoo once I remember got our equaliser against Leeds (I think) when he popped up at the back post (I think a 1-1).

I cant remember him doing anthing else though, I remember that goal as it was 10 yards away from my old season ticket seat in the lower loft.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:42 - Aug 6 with 1042 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Worst ever player on 04:43 - Aug 6 by Miss_Terraces

Just out of interest, which seasons did you think that? The team he broke into and the team he left were two very different sides

Decent first season, standard second season, although I distinctly remember criticism on here and in the ground.

He’s definitely behind Bob Malcolm and Gavin Mahon as worst player that’s for sure!
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 9:44]
Worst ever player on 14:09 - Aug 6 with 961 viewsstainrods_elbow

Worst ever player on 22:31 - Aug 5 by theselector

He's already been mentioned, but I'm going for Dominic Iorfa.

To this day, I'm still convinced he'd never played football before stepping onto Loftus Road. By the law of averages he must have found himself onside at least once, even if by accident. But no, never ever ever.

His son, also called Dominic, won Sheff Wed's Player of the Year award a couple of years back, apparently. As for Dominic Sr, according to his Wiki page, he allegedly played 4 games for Antwerp before crashlanding in Shepherds Bush and racking up a playing career at no less than 23 clubs including Galatasaray, Lobi Stars and the global brand Instant-Dict. FC of Hong Kong's 2nd division (now rebranded Double Flower Football Association), which reads like a cross between erectile hyperfuctionality, a personal recording device, and a cup of coffee. Also scored 9 goals in 60 apps for Peterborough, which looks a whole lot better than Dykes for QPR in 2022.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 14:10]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Worst ever player on 15:51 - Aug 6 with 936 viewsTonto

1 down, 8 to go before you look even more foolish than normal.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Worst ever player on 22:16 - Aug 6 with 845 viewsitsbiga

Brett Angell or Mark Hateley.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 22:17]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Worst ever player on 22:23 - Aug 6 with 837 viewshoops_legend

Worst ever player on 00:34 - Aug 5 by HoosWho

When we were the Premiership Players Last Hurrah Benefit Fund we hired a sack load of 5hit players.

Park
Granero
Samba
Bosingwa

But for sheer money grabbing stubborn hanging on, SWP must be up there.

Granero should not be included in this thread. He was actually decent but was shell shocked by complete collapse around him
Worst ever player on 22:59 - Aug 6 with 796 viewsGroveR

Worst ever player on 10:43 - Aug 5 by ozexile

I'll take your Stefan Moore and raise you a Steve Slade.

The worst thing was I think there was a player in Slade, just he just had a shocking lack of bòllocks when anything looking like contact approached. Less courage and aggression than the squirrel who got on the pitch a few years ago.

Christer Warren for me by a short head. Must have been an amazing trainer as he did nothing on a match day to suggest he was a professional footballer.
Worst ever player on 10:10 - Aug 7 with 724 viewsdaveinmelbourne

Worst ever player on 09:21 - Aug 5 by Phildo

Dean Coney triggers me from my early years at QPR

Same mate, proper crap, was amazed when Norwich(?) bought him.
Login to get fewer ads

Worst ever player on 10:46 - Aug 7 with 686 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worst ever player on 10:10 - Aug 7 by daveinmelbourne

Same mate, proper crap, was amazed when Norwich(?) bought him.

Coney played for England U-21's.
Then again, so did John Curtis.
Then again, so did Gus Ceasar.

What was my point again?

The thing is, players like these three are good footballers. As Nick Hornby says in 'Fever Pitch' about Ceasar you have to be an excellent footballer to be the best in your county, to captain a professional club's youth team, then its reaserve team, to play for your country. You have to be really damn good.

But somehwere along the way these good players lost confidence, lost drive, lost shape or a mixture of all three.

But they are still streets ahead of some players on here, who, put bluntly, were born limited and managed to achive just that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worst ever player on 11:12 - Aug 7 with 650 viewsenfieldargh

Kevin Brock on his debut scored a worldy at Upton Park.

Always Jim Smith's 1st name on the team sheet so much so we sold him to Jim Smith's Newcastle for a profit.

I thought he was complete durge

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Worst ever player on 11:28 - Aug 7 with 631 viewsPunteR

Worst ever player on 22:23 - Aug 6 by hoops_legend

Granero should not be included in this thread. He was actually decent but was shell shocked by complete collapse around him

When you look back in that team we had decent players. What an utter shambles of a club we were back then.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024