Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst ever player 18:15 - Aug 4 with 10861 viewspaulhoop2

Following on from other threads

Who’s the worst ever player you have seen for rangers in the flesh?

1st up - Bob Malcom

2nd up - Gus Cesar

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Worst ever player on 15:54 - Aug 5 with 1577 viewskensalriser

Surely Kieron Dyer holds the record for player injured after the least time on pitch. Another terrible signing.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Worst ever player on 15:56 - Aug 5 with 1570 viewstoboboly

Worst ever player on 15:54 - Aug 5 by kensalriser

Surely Kieron Dyer holds the record for player injured after the least time on pitch. Another terrible signing.

And/or Simon Walton.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Worst ever player on 17:51 - Aug 5 with 1485 viewsdsw2509

I remember Iorfa doing his first run for a pass and doing his hamstring. Sadly it never got better.

Koejoe-looked like Les Ferdinand while standing still. The resemblance was less apparent when he started to move about.

Hateley-introduced to the crowd on crutches.

I always wondered what happened to Kurt Bacholt.
Worst ever player on 18:38 - Aug 5 with 1447 viewsdenhamhoop2

Worst ever player on 15:54 - Aug 5 by kensalriser

Think Dominic Foley may give him a run for his money whilst on loan the first time. Still nowhere near as bad as Richard Ord I played as many minutes for QPR as this 400k signing did
Worst ever player on 18:51 - Aug 5 with 1435 viewsDougal_RBlock

Warren Barton away to Port Vale on a Tuesday night was up there with one of the worst performances ive ever seen at any football match!

I always have visions of Steve Morrow trying to head the ball back to the keeper during one home game and falling flat on his face while the attacker ran away and scored :-(
Worst ever player on 19:08 - Aug 5 with 1391 viewsstainrods_elbow

Worst ever player on 12:14 - Aug 5 by DWQPR

By all accounts many rated Busby as a better player than Francis and then came that tackle at Craven Cottage from Paul Went. Never really recovered. Shipped out to Notts County at one point I recall but then resigned by Docherty. Remember him scoring a couple of decent goals against Cambridge at HQ in a 2-2 draw around 1980. Doesn’t deserve to be mentioned anywhere near this thread.

I met the melancholy Busby in the late 1990s, who painted my flat in North London, and wrote an article about it for AKUTRs (I did, not Martyn). He didn't really want to talk about his time at QPR, other than to tell me Jim Gregory 'shat on me from a great height' re his insurance payoff after his career-changing injury. It's true he was very highly related as a youth player, who came through with Gerry, Gilly and others (when we did actually produce quality youth players), and also true he used to get picked on by the crowd on his return, when he wasn't the same.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Worst ever player on 19:11 - Aug 5 with 1387 viewsstainrods_elbow

Worst ever player on 12:14 - Aug 5 by DWQPR

By all accounts many rated Busby as a better player than Francis and then came that tackle at Craven Cottage from Paul Went. Never really recovered. Shipped out to Notts County at one point I recall but then resigned by Docherty. Remember him scoring a couple of decent goals against Cambridge at HQ in a 2-2 draw around 1980. Doesn’t deserve to be mentioned anywhere near this thread.

I met the melancholy Busby in the late 1990s, who painted my flat in North London, and wrote an article about it for AKUTRs (I did, not Martyn). He didn't really want to talk about his time at QPR, other than to tell me Jim Gregory 'shat on me from a great height' re his insurance payoff after his career-changing injury. It's true he was very highly related as a youth player, who came through with Gerry, Gilly and others (when we did actually produce quality youth players), and also true he used to get picked on by the crowd on his return, when he wasn't the same.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Worst ever player on 19:21 - Aug 5 with 1366 viewsgolborne

What sort of conversation is this to start on the cusp of our first home game of the season.
If sugar and dire is what gets your juices going, then I seriously hope that you have a miserable season.
Click bait at its worse - and pathetic so many replied…

Sorry, but ffs…would rather read an attempted itk say ronaldo
Could be confirmed overnight
Login to get fewer ads

Worst ever player on 19:33 - Aug 5 with 1356 viewsDorse

Callum Willock and Brett Angell both scrubbed years off my life. George Kulcsar stands out as the answer to a question that nobody asked. Gus Caesar: a one man piss-boiling industry. I also hated Armand Traore - his utter lack of talent balanced against his towering sense of entitlement really gripped my fcuking shit. Ditto Bosingwa but it was mitigated by the fact that I expected no better from the Chelsea cùnt.

Edit - for balance, I don't feel like this about any of our current squad but I will not forgive them for allowing Dom Ball to depart without at least taking Lee Hoos hostage and threatening to let Seny take goal kicks at his nut sack.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 19:35]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Worst ever player on 20:29 - Aug 5 with 1311 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Worst ever player on 11:29 - Aug 5 by Rs_Holy

oh yeah Shabazz Baidoo.... I actually thought he was okay(ish) but had a shocking attititde apparently?

oh and he is still making sh!te music ...

[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 11:30]

Crumbs, I forgot about Baidoo. I don't know which was worse; his football or his music.

From Wiki:

"Baidoo is said to have created his own musical subgenre within grime known as "darkside", which predominantly involves a "sluggish flow" coupled with violent lyrics. Some of his musical techniques include rhyming words with themselves and holding one syllable for an extended amount of time to allow a bar to pass. Sometimes Baidoo will even make use of one word lines in his lyrics."

Rhyming words with themselves? 1 word lines? Jesus wept

T....
On the pitch his football's crap
On the mic his rap is crap
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppp.
Worst ever player on 20:32 - Aug 5 with 1306 viewskensalriser

DB not even in the Ipswich squad last week, wonder what's going on there.

He's not in your basement is he, Dorse?
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 20:33]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Worst ever player on 21:30 - Aug 5 with 1265 viewsloneranger1

Worst ever player on 20:32 - Aug 5 by kensalriser

Well I found this thread entertaining, some laugh out loud moments. For what it's worth, my vote id John Curtis - watching him play made me think that if that was what was required to be a pro, then I could do it too! Soooo slooooooow
Worst ever player on 21:42 - Aug 5 with 1258 viewsDorse

Worst ever player on 20:32 - Aug 5 by kensalriser

I will neither confirm nor deny this. And if his wife calls, I have never heard of him, QPR or, indeed, football.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Worst ever player on 22:31 - Aug 5 with 1204 viewstheselector

He's already been mentioned, but I'm going for Dominic Iorfa.

To this day, I'm still convinced he'd never played football before stepping onto Loftus Road. By the law of averages he must have found himself onside at least once, even if by accident. But no, never ever ever.
Worst ever player on 22:32 - Aug 5 with 1204 viewseastside_r

Four wasted pages as Paul got in 1.

Bob Malcolm - absolutely f*cking useless and a sectarian bigot to boot. His substances issues are forgivable (there for the deity in which I don’t believe etc.) but the other two - bang to rights.
Worst ever player on 23:22 - Aug 5 with 1158 viewsMrSheen

Worst ever player on 20:29 - Aug 5 by Benny_the_Ball

Crumbs, I forgot about Baidoo. I don't know which was worse; his football or his music.

From Wiki:

"Baidoo is said to have created his own musical subgenre within grime known as "darkside", which predominantly involves a "sluggish flow" coupled with violent lyrics. Some of his musical techniques include rhyming words with themselves and holding one syllable for an extended amount of time to allow a bar to pass. Sometimes Baidoo will even make use of one word lines in his lyrics."

Rhyming words with themselves? 1 word lines? Jesus wept

T....
On the pitch his football's crap
On the mic his rap is crap
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppp.

Wasn’t he about 17 when he played for us? Now you have to be about 22 before you’re trusted with first team action.

What’s more, his scruffy goal ultimately sent Leeds down while helping keep us safe, even if it was in August, a couple of months after they lost a play off final. They jacked in their fight for survival a week early and took a points deduction, but might not have done if they’d beaten us (as they should have done). Happy to overlook Shabazz missing the chance to win it in injury time in the circumstances.
Worst ever player on 23:25 - Aug 5 with 1148 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Worst ever player on 22:32 - Aug 5 by eastside_r

Four wasted pages as Paul got in 1.

Bob Malcolm - absolutely f*cking useless and a sectarian bigot to boot. His substances issues are forgivable (there for the deity in which I don’t believe etc.) but the other two - bang to rights.

Was it Bob Malcolm who parked up and fell asleep in the middle lane of the M1?
Worst ever player on 23:29 - Aug 5 with 1123 viewseastside_r

Worst ever player on 23:25 - Aug 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Oh yes.
Worst ever player on 23:35 - Aug 5 with 1088 viewsMrSheen

Worst ever player on 23:25 - Aug 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

To be fair, while it seemed like he was parked, he was going as fast as he could.
Worst ever player on 23:40 - Aug 5 with 1087 viewsMrSheen

Dean Marney played league football for 18 years, including nearly 100 times in the Premier League. Surprising to anyone who saw him looking like he was going to wet himself with fear in his few games for us.
Worst ever player on 04:30 - Aug 6 with 1034 viewsMiss_Terraces

Worst ever player on 11:54 - Aug 5 by DWQPR

Totally disagree. Bankole was peerless in goal. Roberts was a far better keeper and not even in the worst five in the last thirty years. Same said with Ready. Samba far worse, Howe worse, Morrow worse. Left back? Warren, Borrowdale are the stand outs and right back Curtis was woeful. Williams on the right is a shoe in and again I wouldn’t have Hateley near the side. Yep he was a complete cöck but he had the unenviable task of replacing Les. And he did score some goals. Koejoe a far better candidate in my book. If SWP is in there then so should Boswinga. Both total cûnts but not the worst footballers to wear the hoops.

Bankole is the closest thing to Tommy Cooper this club has ever had, he did everything wrong but at the same time he got everything right (he never conceded a goal).

He may have been the least talented but you can't call a keeper who never conceded a goal the worst. His one and only game will be remembered by a significant portion of those that were there. You really had to be there, I'm still laughing all these years later

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Worst ever player on 04:43 - Aug 6 with 1021 viewsMiss_Terraces

Worst ever player on 09:25 - Aug 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought Karl Henry was actually one of our better players!

Just out of interest, which seasons did you think that? The team he broke into and the team he left were two very different sides

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Worst ever player on 05:45 - Aug 6 with 1005 viewsOregonQPR

Iorfa: Could not control the ball, could not pass the ball but could have made a mint earning royalties for how often he was offside.
Worst ever player on 07:18 - Aug 6 with 961 viewsnumptydumpty

Joel Lynch - Man Mountain. Holloway in his wisdom tried him up front in one mad moment of many !!!!

Stephen Caulker could have been brilliant but sadly mental health and alcohol addiction put him into this category.

Sean Goss and Jack Clarke - loans too soon !!!

Jordan Mutch and Ben Gladwin - forgotten within days of leaving. In fact did either ever arrive !!!

Ravel Morrison - according to Alex Ferguson who was a "reasonable manager" in his day - i believe - said Ravel was the best youngster he had ever coached bar none. More promise than Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes and Giggs - wow !!!

In fact Ravel performed for us , think was 6 goals from midfield in about 15 games but even then was not involved in Zamora final !!!
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 7:26]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Worst ever player on 08:22 - Aug 6 with 913 viewshubble

Jordan Mutch - jeez he was terrible. His only inadvertent contribution was to be part of that witty ditty "Dunne to Mutch, Mutch to Young".

I think I recall his debut, where he looked surprised to be involved in a football match.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024