Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst ever player 18:15 - Aug 4 with 10876 viewspaulhoop2

Following on from other threads

Who’s the worst ever player you have seen for rangers in the flesh?

1st up - Bob Malcom

2nd up - Gus Cesar

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Worst ever player on 09:47 - Aug 5 with 1430 viewslightwaterhoop

Barry Silkman was one of the first terrible players that i saw at Loftus Rd but hasnt there been a few since then.
Worst ever player on 09:48 - Aug 5 with 1426 viewsNorthLondonR

Maybe not the worst but certainly the most annoying, Alexandre Bonnot... Arms flailing, moved around like a squirrel being cornered, moved here and there (all of about 5 yards) and literally contributed nothing, absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever in any game...
Worst ever player on 09:53 - Aug 5 with 1396 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Way too many to choose and some forgotten,

The BoB malcom sub the sub one was pretty decent. Even he laughed as he knew he was gash.

I recall he improved a bit under di canio? (italian chap) after or is my memory hazy

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Worst ever player on 09:54 - Aug 5 with 1389 viewstoboboly

Worst ever player on 20:22 - Aug 4 by Toast_R

Shaun Wright-Phillips was probably the worst but on ability I'd go for a tie between Zesh Rehman and John Curtis. The match we played both of those in the same defence was probably my lowest moment.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 20:24]

Sweet Mary how did I forget Rehman.

My introduction to QPR was watching him letting everything bounce, he was so, so bad.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Worst ever player on 09:56 - Aug 5 with 1380 viewsSonofpugwash

Brian Williams.

Truly a numpty's numpty.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Worst ever player on 10:04 - Aug 5 with 1370 viewsRs_Holy

Keeper = Tony Roberts
Defender = Christer Warren
Midfield = SWP
Striker = Stefan Moore
Worst ever player on 10:43 - Aug 5 with 1321 viewsozexile

Worst ever player on 10:04 - Aug 5 by Rs_Holy

Keeper = Tony Roberts
Defender = Christer Warren
Midfield = SWP
Striker = Stefan Moore

I'll take your Stefan Moore and raise you a Steve Slade.
Worst ever player on 10:56 - Aug 5 with 1303 viewsTeddRanger

We line up 433. Rehman out of position cos that felt right...

Roberts

Malcolm Caesar Ready Rehman

SWP Rowland Gladwin

Slade Bob Taylor Hateley
Login to get fewer ads

Worst ever player on 10:57 - Aug 5 with 1302 viewsflynnbo

Worst ever player on 09:15 - Aug 5 by headhoops

here's a few more who have gone under the radar so far.
Martyn Busby, Matthew Brazier and 100+ appearances for the legendary Karl Henry.

Wasn't Busby a decent player up until that horrendous leg break? Or did Fulham get the better brother in Viv?
Worst ever player on 11:21 - Aug 5 with 1276 viewsGaxZE

Worst ever player on 10:56 - Aug 5 by TeddRanger

Roberts

SWP Rowland Gladwin

Slade Bob Taylor Hateley

Was going to say lets make up a team lol

343 - Only picking those we owned, rather than loans...

Bankole

Morrow Curtis Rehman

Moore Doherty Tchakounte Gladwin

Baidoo Hateley Slade

Manager: Paul Hart
Worst ever player on 11:29 - Aug 5 with 1248 viewsRs_Holy

Worst ever player on 11:21 - Aug 5 by GaxZE

Was going to say lets make up a team lol

343 - Only picking those we owned, rather than loans...

Bankole

Morrow Curtis Rehman

Moore Doherty Tchakounte Gladwin

Baidoo Hateley Slade

Manager: Paul Hart

oh yeah Shabazz Baidoo.... I actually thought he was okay(ish) but had a shocking attititde apparently?

oh and he is still making sh!te music ...

[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 11:30]
Worst ever player on 11:35 - Aug 5 with 1230 viewsTonto

in a couple of cases I think there is some selective memory going on..

Zesh Rehman was good when he started. But he got moved to right back (he was a central defender), had a bad couple of games, and lost confidence. then our supporters got on his back and that was the end of him. but that doesn't make him the worst player.

Similarly SWP was good to start with under warnock. But wasnt good under Hughes (who was) and then lost interest.

there are other payer who didnt have a good game ever!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Worst ever player on 11:43 - Aug 5 with 1215 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Worst ever player on 11:35 - Aug 5 by Tonto

Zesh Rehman was good when he started. But he got moved to right back (he was a central defender), had a bad couple of games, and lost confidence. then our supporters got on his back and that was the end of him. but that doesn't make him the worst player.

Similarly SWP was good to start with under warnock. But wasnt good under Hughes (who was) and then lost interest.

Agree!

Karl Ready was our POTY once too!
Worst ever player on 11:48 - Aug 5 with 1216 viewsGaxZE

Worst ever player on 11:35 - Aug 5 by Tonto

Zesh is that you?

It's all about opinions.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 11:49]
Worst ever player on 11:54 - Aug 5 with 1204 viewsDWQPR

Worst ever player on 10:56 - Aug 5 by TeddRanger

Roberts

SWP Rowland Gladwin

Slade Bob Taylor Hateley

Totally disagree. Bankole was peerless in goal. Roberts was a far better keeper and not even in the worst five in the last thirty years. Same said with Ready. Samba far worse, Howe worse, Morrow worse. Left back? Warren, Borrowdale are the stand outs and right back Curtis was woeful. Williams on the right is a shoe in and again I wouldn’t have Hateley near the side. Yep he was a complete cöck but he had the unenviable task of replacing Les. And he did score some goals. Koejoe a far better candidate in my book. If SWP is in there then so should Boswinga. Both total cûnts but not the worst footballers to wear the hoops.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Worst ever player on 11:59 - Aug 5 with 1196 viewsheadhoops

Worst ever player on 09:25 - Aug 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

I thought Karl Henry was actually one of our better players!

my Henry the hoover was quicker and made at least one forward pass. I sure that Henry had a decent footballing brain, just his body didnt keep up - good to have different opinions on the board without a melt down.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Worst ever player on 12:02 - Aug 5 with 1191 viewskingsburyR

Worst ever player on 19:57 - Aug 4 by TripleR

Mobido Miaga, dreadful. Ji Sung Park, pants. Anton Ferdinand - nice bloke, shite footballer.
Jurgen Sommer, reasonable game against Villa, rest of the time, awful.

Reasonable game against Villa??? He had an absolute worldie that day. Not much else to shout about but he was pretty epic for those 90 minutes!

Dominic Iorfa for me. Only man Ive seen go one on one with a keeper (Lukic) and put the ball 30 yards wide. It actually took some doing.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Worst ever player on 12:04 - Aug 5 with 1190 viewsheadhoops

Worst ever player on 10:57 - Aug 5 by flynnbo

Wasn't Busby a decent player up until that horrendous leg break? Or did Fulham get the better brother in Viv?

You may be right flynnbo - I just recall seeing him way out of his depth on his second stint, late 70's.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Worst ever player on 12:14 - Aug 5 with 1181 viewsDWQPR

Worst ever player on 12:04 - Aug 5 by headhoops

You may be right flynnbo - I just recall seeing him way out of his depth on his second stint, late 70's.

By all accounts many rated Busby as a better player than Francis and then came that tackle at Craven Cottage from Paul Went. Never really recovered. Shipped out to Notts County at one point I recall but then resigned by Docherty. Remember him scoring a couple of decent goals against Cambridge at HQ in a 2-2 draw around 1980. Doesn’t deserve to be mentioned anywhere near this thread.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Worst ever player on 12:25 - Aug 5 with 1158 viewskensalriser

Worst ever player on 10:43 - Aug 5 by ozexile

I'll take your Stefan Moore and raise you a Steve Slade.

I'm pretty sure that Stefan Moore and Steve Slade were actually the same player.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Worst ever player on 12:27 - Aug 5 with 1155 viewsQPRSteve

Worst ever player on 12:14 - Aug 5 by DWQPR

By all accounts many rated Busby as a better player than Francis and then came that tackle at Craven Cottage from Paul Went. Never really recovered. Shipped out to Notts County at one point I recall but then resigned by Docherty. Remember him scoring a couple of decent goals against Cambridge at HQ in a 2-2 draw around 1980. Doesn’t deserve to be mentioned anywhere near this thread.

Totally agree. I remember one game in his second stint, a five-goal thrashing of Coventry when a you Clive Allen scored a hat-trick. He was back to his imperious best for that match and set up three of the goals.

I was at the Fulham game. Have never forgiven Paul Went for what he did.
Worst ever player on 12:41 - Aug 5 with 1101 viewsMrSheen

Worst ever player on 12:02 - Aug 5 by kingsburyR

Reasonable game against Villa??? He had an absolute worldie that day. Not much else to shout about but he was pretty epic for those 90 minutes!

Dominic Iorfa for me. Only man Ive seen go one on one with a keeper (Lukic) and put the ball 30 yards wide. It actually took some doing.

Also made one of the best saves I've ever seen in the last minute of an away win at Bolton, though it was at the other end, in the rain, so it might not have been that good!
Worst ever player on 13:39 - Aug 5 with 1047 viewsTeddRanger

Worst ever player on 11:54 - Aug 5 by DWQPR

Totally disagree. Bankole was peerless in goal. Roberts was a far better keeper and not even in the worst five in the last thirty years. Same said with Ready. Samba far worse, Howe worse, Morrow worse. Left back? Warren, Borrowdale are the stand outs and right back Curtis was woeful. Williams on the right is a shoe in and again I wouldn’t have Hateley near the side. Yep he was a complete cöck but he had the unenviable task of replacing Les. And he did score some goals. Koejoe a far better candidate in my book. If SWP is in there then so should Boswinga. Both total cûnts but not the worst footballers to wear the hoops.

Bankole played a total of 1 (one) game for QPR according to wiki!! Roberts was an ongoing disaster in a team that was more than useful. Same with Karl Ready.

Samba played less than a dozen times for us.

I'm talking about players that made my teeth itch. Hateley with his attitude and 3(three) goals could not be described as anything but useless for QPR.

Of course, SWP was a far better player than Dou Dou (for example) but it's where the rest of the team were relative to that player. And it's all subjective as well ;)
Worst ever player on 14:22 - Aug 5 with 1002 viewsR_from_afar

If you factor in not just ability but also cost, attitude and effort, some real turds rise to the top. Oh hi Mr Bosingwa, how are you today?

I thought Curtis was clueless, his indecision on a football pitch reminded me of my own, and that is worrying.

Arthur Gnohere had all the speed and agility of an ocean going liner and was also a little light fingered, tsk tsk.

Rob Hulse is another I want to mention, I was really hopeful when we signed him but he turned out to be dog toffee.

Man, we really have experienced some horror shows.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Worst ever player on 14:24 - Aug 5 with 1000 viewsbosh67

A lot of people are pointing at Bob Malcolm, which I think is unfair because he is too slow to defend himself.

Stefan Moore for me maybe wins this. Injured once after 10 seconds on the pitch as a sub. Never really looked as if he could be bothered.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024