Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. 19:37 - Aug 10 with 16368 viewsnumptydumpty

Currently playing without fear. Like young players sometimes can do.

Hope club ensure his head is in the right place also, as with every improved performance, although none of us want heap pressure on the boy, expectations will begin to grow.

Extremely powerful in approach and pace.

A big presence and he certainly has the raw potential, in a different way to previous coaching successes in Eze and Willock.

Having a player coming through every couple years would certainly increase the sustainability of our great club.

Certainly will be watching this space this season.

If this was a reason for Warburton not being offered a new contract, its a shame but Sinclair, hope your career carrys on climbing !!!
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 19:38]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 19:43 - Aug 10 with 5436 viewsqpr_1968

loved him.

direct.....
strong.....
great shot.....
powerful.....
and above all, that age, confident.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 22:14 - Aug 10 with 5234 viewsderbyhoop

If we manage him correctly, we could haveca £20m player on 2/3 years.

Push him too far, too soon and we'll ruin him

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 22:17 - Aug 10 with 5226 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I loved his performance yesterday.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 23:12 - Aug 10 with 5136 viewsdigswellhoop

correct brilliant future other posts say worth 20 mill WHY SELL KEEP AND GROW SQUAD
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 04:46 - Aug 11 with 4981 viewsMalintabuk

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 23:12 - Aug 10 by digswellhoop

correct brilliant future other posts say worth 20 mill WHY SELL KEEP AND GROW SQUAD

Lovely thought but i can't see it. If he plays and continues to impress as he did last night then I can see him gone by next season.
He is a prime pick for one of the big boys as he does seem to have the wow factor and for a few million worth a punt to someone.... I think like sterling it may be down to add ons rather than a big fee
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 07:18 - Aug 11 with 4877 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He looks very one-footed to me as of now, and we'll need to see more of him to see how good he is in the air.
Those two things alone, while coachable to an extent. will have an impact on how good he can become and how fast he can get there.
I think it's far to early to judge his potential and/or potential worth.

But he's definitely an exciting talent.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 07:40 - Aug 11 with 4859 viewsNorthernr

He looks good at the moment because he's quick and he doesn't piss about. He closes people down, he doesn't let them have an easy time, when he gets the ball he looks to go towards their goal and get a shot away. It is within all our players to do this stuff, but he stands out because he's one of the few that does it. Bonne could quite easily have done what he did the other night, but didn't. Same with Dykes at Blackburn. You don't need an immaculate first touch, a range of passing, an academy education, to close the opposition down and tackle them when they've got the ball, and look for the quickest and most effective way to goal when we have. We're not talking Dennis Bergkamp here, where you come away from the game breath taken and head shaking at the level of ability you've just witnessed, it's just a big muscly kid getting stuck in and driving towards their goal when he gets the chance. This is why I feel so much frustration watching some of our players. This sht is basic stuff.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 07:49 - Aug 11 with 4831 viewsstevec

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 04:46 - Aug 11 by Malintabuk

Lovely thought but i can't see it. If he plays and continues to impress as he did last night then I can see him gone by next season.
He is a prime pick for one of the big boys as he does seem to have the wow factor and for a few million worth a punt to someone.... I think like sterling it may be down to add ons rather than a big fee

Wonder if we’re trying to keep him under wraps until August is out, then get him in first team and a chance to settle in without an agent touting him about?

At the moment I’m more concerned about Les backing Beale if there’s any shirkers poisoning the atmosphere.
Login to get fewer ads

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 08:46 - Aug 11 with 4721 viewsdm97

Got a bit to do to be worth 2 mil let alone 20 lads…Let’s get some goals in him to start
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 09:13 - Aug 11 with 4667 viewsBurnleyhoop

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 07:18 - Aug 11 by BrianMcCarthy

He looks very one-footed to me as of now, and we'll need to see more of him to see how good he is in the air.
Those two things alone, while coachable to an extent. will have an impact on how good he can become and how fast he can get there.

Have seen; power, pace, aggression and determination (none of which Dozzell possesses)

Haven’t seen; touch and dexterity, airiel prowess, passing ability and vision (some of which he does)

Very early days, but he gives us something we have been lacking for years. Look forward to seeing more of him as I much prefer seeing a player with limited ability put it all on the line, than someone who has the ability but no fight or desire whatsoever.

Some of our players futures hang in the balance and unless they step up, probably at Sunderland on Saturday, they will sink line a stone through the leagues or from the game completely.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 10:02 - Aug 11 with 4566 viewsdmm

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 07:18 - Aug 11 by BrianMcCarthy

I think he's okay with his weaker left foot. Against Wealdstone, he put in an excellent low cross on the run with his left foot for Thomas to score.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 10:08 - Aug 11 with 4543 viewsLblock

I might be a bit wrong in saying this but he reminded me of Ray Jones.
In fact maybe a touch more about him as seems more aggressive

With that in mind, I agree with above comments above managing his head right, keeping him in check and then unleashing the beast in a month or so.

We’ve got a live one here

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 10:31 - Aug 11 with 4496 viewsBrianMcCarthy

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 10:02 - Aug 11 by dmm

I think he's okay with his weaker left foot. Against Wealdstone, he put in an excellent low cross on the run with his left foot for Thomas to score.

Good call. I'd forgotten that. That's encouraging.

I thought he favoured his right too much on Tuesday again, though, and on a couple of particular occasions that he used his left, once for control, once for a cross, he looked ungainly.

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 10:36 - Aug 11 with 4459 viewsToast_R

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 07:40 - Aug 11 by Northernr

He looks good at the moment because he's quick and he doesn't piss about. He closes people down, he doesn't let them have an easy time, when he gets the ball he looks to go towards their goal and get a shot away. It is within all our players to do this stuff, but he stands out because he's one of the few that does it. Bonne could quite easily have done what he did the other night, but didn't. Same with Dykes at Blackburn. You don't need an immaculate first touch, a range of passing, an academy education, to close the opposition down and tackle them when they've got the ball, and look for the quickest and most effective way to goal when we have. We're not talking Dennis Bergkamp here, where you come away from the game breath taken and head shaking at the level of ability you've just witnessed, it's just a big muscly kid getting stuck in and driving towards their goal when he gets the chance. This is why I feel so much frustration watching some of our players. This sht is basic stuff.

This is what made Jamie Mackie so bloody effective when he fist joined and before injuries and age caught up with him. Just run and never give up on anything. Be a bloody nuisance and a defenders worst nightmare. Cause as much panic and you'll inevitable force errors at this level.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 10:38 - Aug 11 with 4459 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Agree that seeing a striker pressing a back four is refreshing, but you can’t do it for 46 games.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 10:40 - Aug 11 with 4459 viewsNorthernr

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 10:38 - Aug 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Agree that seeing a striker pressing a back four is refreshing, but you can’t do it for 46 games.

I mean, he's 19, I'm sure he'll be fine. But I'd take it in 4.6 games from some of the others at the moment.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 11:32 - Aug 11 with 4316 viewsdaveB

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 10:38 - Aug 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

you don't have to press them non stop for 90 minutes but for a defender you know early on Dykes is not going to close you down so you can bring the ball out and take a few risks, the other night from minute one Armstrong came on and said nope you are not having it easy and it clearly unsettled them meaning they started to go long and just give us the ball back

It does set the tone for the team. Mackie is a good example of how to do it well and that dropped teams back deep and gave Adel space to play in.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 11:34 - Aug 11 with 4311 viewsNorthernr

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 11:32 - Aug 11 by daveB

you don't have to press them non stop for 90 minutes but for a defender you know early on Dykes is not going to close you down so you can bring the ball out and take a few risks, the other night from minute one Armstrong came on and said nope you are not having it easy and it clearly unsettled them meaning they started to go long and just give us the ball back

It does set the tone for the team. Mackie is a good example of how to do it well and that dropped teams back deep and gave Adel space to play in.

Also, five subs now. So as we saw Barnsley do under Ismael, you can ask your strikers to do that full pelt for an hour, and then replace both of them, and still have three subs left.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 14:14 - Aug 11 with 4090 viewsMyke

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 11:32 - Aug 11 by daveB

To be fair to Dykes he was doing a lot of pressing when he joined us first. It was kind of his strongest point when he didn't score except from pens. But often he was doing it on his own, which I would imagine is incredibly frustrating, chasing around after 2 or 3 defenders while they pass the ball around you. You could see his frustration with the likes of Chair at times. I would imagine after a while he said 'fook this, what's the point?'
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 14:15 - Aug 11 with 4065 viewsNorthernr

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 14:14 - Aug 11 by Myke

To be fair to Dykes he was doing a lot of pressing when he joined us first. It was kind of his strongest point when he didn't score except from pens. But often he was doing it on his own, which I would imagine is incredibly frustrating, chasing around after 2 or 3 defenders while they pass the ball around you. You could see his frustration with the likes of Chair at times. I would imagine after a while he said 'fook this, what's the point?'

He did that well on Saturday, thankfully. Want to see it more.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 14:23 - Aug 11 with 4009 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He could have been a sailor, could have been a cook....

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 14:27 - Aug 11 with 4004 viewsdaveB

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 14:14 - Aug 11 by Myke

yeah that is fair, it's part of why i think fans gave his lack of goals a pass at first but now thats seems to have gone from his game he's getting a bit more stick. He's certainly capable and whoever is up front it can't just be one person needs to be done as a unit. The 3 who came on the other night all pressed and worked together which was a massive shift from the first hour we saw.
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 14:28 - Aug 11 with 3996 viewsderbyhoop

One aspect of Dykes' game he's always shown is the effort to cut off passing lanes. Can't be done alone though.

Armstrong, as raw as he is, takes a different approach because he's so much quicker. He's going to bully defenders.

There's a lot of development needed for Sinclair to really come good. But it will take time. Let's not expect too.much, too soon.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 15:24 - Aug 11 with 3926 viewsdmm

SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 14:28 - Aug 11 by derbyhoop

One aspect of Dykes' game he's always shown is the effort to cut off passing lanes. Can't be done alone though.

Armstrong, as raw as he is, takes a different approach because he's so much quicker. He's going to bully defenders.

There's a lot of development needed for Sinclair to really come good. But it will take time. Let's not expect too.much, too soon.

I'm worried there's already too much expectation on Sinclair's young shoulders. The fans were singing his name on Tuesday night, and ooing and clapping his every move. But, as we know, that can very quickly change to abuse if he fails to fulfill fans' hopes and dreams
SINCLAIR ARMSTRONG- He can be whatever he wants to be.. on 16:20 - Aug 11 with 3858 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don’t disagree, but as mentioned in another thread we only got 20 games a season out of Mackie. Just pointing out the practicalities.

Burnley are holding an average of 70% possession in the first two games. You could have Armstrong, Mackie, or Mo Farah pressing their back four and it wouldn’t touch the sides.

As I said, it was refreshing to see against Charlton and I hope like you say it sets the tone for more established strikers to pull their weight but it’s a weapon to deploy sparingly in a 46 game marathon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024