Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What have we learned so far? — Analysis 17:08 - Aug 22 with 15359 viewsNorthernr

Well, QPR may not be making signings, but LFW is. Delighted to say that Dan Lambert, who we saw publishing excellent analysis on QPR on a substack last year, has agreed to do a series of pieces for this site through the season.

Here's the first, looking at early learnings on what Beale is trying to do/change. Give it a read, it's really good stuff, complete departure from LFW's usual beer stories and cock jokes, and it's a young and talented journo with a big career ahead of him who deserves your support.

@DanLambert_ on the Twitter if you want to give him a follow or say something nice.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/58324

This post has been edited by an administrator
What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:09 - Aug 22 with 7358 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Really look forward to these. Dan's Rangers stuff on Twitter is excellent.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:10 - Aug 22 with 7346 viewsNorthernr

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:09 - Aug 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Really look forward to these. Dan's Rangers stuff on Twitter is excellent.

Yeh I enjoyed it last year so tapped him up over the summer.

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:16 - Aug 22 with 7264 viewsstevec

Will have a read but shame he needs a carer.
What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:21 - Aug 22 with 7244 viewsGloryHunter

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:16 - Aug 22 by stevec

Will have a read but shame he needs a carer.

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:23 - Aug 22 with 7233 viewsNorthernr

I've got to be honest lads that's gone over my head
What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:26 - Aug 22 with 7213 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Loved reading that! Thanks so much Dan and Clive. Superb bit of content that.
What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:36 - Aug 22 with 7154 viewsstevec

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:23 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Ask your proof reader !

Interesting stuff, must be exasperating for Beale knowing we can carry out clever tactics but eventually all this good work ends up In the hands of a forward.
What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:38 - Aug 22 with 7150 viewsNorthernr

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:36 - Aug 22 by stevec

Ask your proof reader !

Interesting stuff, must be exasperating for Beale knowing we can carry out clever tactics but eventually all this good work ends up In the hands of a forward.

Awww mate come on help me out, working since 6 this morning I'm dead, where am I looking?
Login to get fewer ads

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:39 - Aug 22 with 7134 viewsdanehoop

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:23 - Aug 22 by Northernr

a young and talented journo with a big "carer" ahead of him

Never knowingly understood

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:39 - Aug 22 with 7143 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:38 - Aug 22 by Northernr

Awww mate come on help me out, working since 6 this morning I'm dead, where am I looking?

'Big carer ahead of him' Clive.
What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:40 - Aug 22 with 7142 viewsted_hendrix

We're all of us gonna need a big carer in front of us at some time.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:41 - Aug 22 with 7134 viewsNorthernr

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:39 - Aug 22 by danehoop

a young and talented journo with a big "carer" ahead of him

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, well at least it's in the message board post and not the piece.

Cheers lads. Long old day.
What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 17:47 - Aug 22 with 7084 viewswortonranger

Blimey
If only I had known about all this my U 11 team might have won the league. All I knew was the value of left footers and that the tall kid was more than useful.
What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 18:35 - Aug 22 with 6915 viewsdmm

I enjoyed that and appreciated Dan's excellent insight. There's a little too much tactical jargon in places and I would have liked a bit more plain English, but that may well just be me.

A very well worth read and I hope he writes some more for us this season.
What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 19:28 - Aug 22 with 6761 viewsGloryHunter

Well I'm totally confused by that, and I imagine some of the players will be, too. What does "the ball near ten presses" mean?
What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 19:50 - Aug 22 with 6683 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 19:28 - Aug 22 by GloryHunter

Well I'm totally confused by that, and I imagine some of the players will be, too. What does "the ball near ten presses" mean?

That took me a while as well.

I think, think, it means 'the No.10 nearest to the ball', or 'the QPR forward nearest the ball'?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 19:51 - Aug 22 with 6681 viewsEastR

Excellent article. Some really interesting stuff there.

Maybe we could have a special diagram for our goalscorers

https://mobile.twitter.com/awaydays_/status/392350766482329600

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 19:55 - Aug 22 with 6657 viewsnumptydumpty

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 19:28 - Aug 22 by GloryHunter

I did somehow years ago attain a reasonable grade for a Business Degree but spatial awareness and following a plan thats complicated is beyond me.

That all seems very interesting and sure every minutae of detail is not left unturned but is there the possibility it might be too complicated and confuse those of lesser footballing nouse !!!!

I can not comment personally myself as my ability to play football was only ever achieved at five a side local kickabouts.

Basically if you get chance to score try and score and if they look like scoring make sure they do not !!!!!

Perhaps my analytical nouse is not required !!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 19:58 - Aug 22 with 6649 viewsTK1

Hate to be that person, but that Twitter address takes you to the wrong (very wrong) Dan Lambert. This is right I think: @danlambert__
What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 21:33 - Aug 22 with 6365 viewsMatch82

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 19:50 - Aug 22 by BrianMcCarthy

That took me a while as well.

I think, think, it means 'the No.10 nearest to the ball', or 'the QPR forward nearest the ball'?

That's how I read it Bri.
The following sentence contains "the ball-near CM presses", similar principle because he effectively has two "10s" and two (or more) CMs. The one nearest the ball is the one that does the closing down
What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 21:47 - Aug 22 with 6322 viewsOldPedro

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 19:58 - Aug 22 by TK1

Hate to be that person, but that Twitter address takes you to the wrong (very wrong) Dan Lambert. This is right I think: @danlambert__

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 22:17 - Aug 22 with 6220 viewsGloryHunter

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 21:33 - Aug 22 by Match82

That's how I read it Bri.
The following sentence contains "the ball-near CM presses", similar principle because he effectively has two "10s" and two (or more) CMs. The one nearest the ball is the one that does the closing down

So there's a missing hyphen. It should be the ball-near 10 presses?

[Edit] Why not just say, "The player nearest the ball presses the opposition player in possession"? In other words, what every normal footballer would do instinctively, anyway? I'm sorry, but this is sounding like pseudo-bollox to me.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 22:27]
What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 22:51 - Aug 22 with 6131 viewsMyke

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 22:17 - Aug 22 by GloryHunter

[Edit] Why not just say, "The player nearest the ball presses the opposition player in possession"? In other words, what every normal footballer would do instinctively, anyway? I'm sorry, but this is sounding like pseudo-bollox to me.

I think you can safely drop the 'pseudo' bit
What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 23:06 - Aug 22 with 6086 viewsJamieNaz

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 22:17 - Aug 22 by GloryHunter

Because as he's mentioned, it's not always the closest player to the ball who presses. If the the players press and the opposition ball carrier has progressed further up the pitch than our front three, then it's the midfielder closest who presses, and then our 10 presses their full back.

Found it very interesting. I'd be keen to understand more about what the pressing triggers are. Often struggled to work out what they were in the matches I've been to so far this season. I thought we'd press more, so not sure when the players are supposed to do it, vs when they don't
What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 23:20 - Aug 22 with 6047 viewsNorthernr

What have we learned so far? — Analysis on 22:51 - Aug 22 by Myke

I think you can safely drop the 'pseudo' bit

Jesus, you call me out repeatedly for the emotional stuff, don’t agree with this, don’t agree with that, I think you’ll find… I go elsewhere to find a really interesting and talented guy to provide you 2500 words of analytics, trying to cater to a different audience who think I go OTT, and that’s your comment. Be better. Be kinder.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024