Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next rail strike 17:42 - Sep 1 with 3405 viewsNorthernr

September 17 - Stoke H.
Next rail strike on 17:45 - Sep 1 with 3370 viewsjeffranger

C***s
Next rail strike on 17:56 - Sep 1 with 3301 viewsCroydonCaptJack

ffs
Next rail strike on 18:10 - Sep 1 with 3225 viewsnumptydumpty

Bustards

Peed off.

Does them zero favours.

They get decent money and we all need more money currently and there are also many more deserving cases also.

I missed the Rotherham game. I don't generally drive into London. Live on Waterloo line. Might see about busses.

But this will achieve nowt. Give them a decrease if they keep doing this.

Nurses can't go on strike. Just saying...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Next rail strike on 18:11 - Sep 1 with 3220 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Does this include TFL? The underground etc?
Next rail strike on 18:35 - Sep 1 with 3143 viewsHoopstar

Oh balls it's me birthday and live out of town without a car - wish I hadn't bought the tix yesterday.

Ah well - support the strikers nonetheless. Can any of them play up front?
Next rail strike on 18:57 - Sep 1 with 3049 viewsstowmarketrange

Clive mentioned car sharing on a previous thread.Maybe now is the time to put it into practice.Anyone driving in that has spaces can offer a lift and cut their fuel costs too.A win win for everyone.
Next rail strike on 20:41 - Sep 1 with 2877 viewsThe_Beast1976

Next rail strike on 18:10 - Sep 1 by numptydumpty

Bustards

Peed off.

Does them zero favours.

They get decent money and we all need more money currently and there are also many more deserving cases also.

I missed the Rotherham game. I don't generally drive into London. Live on Waterloo line. Might see about busses.

Sack the fcuking lot of em I say
Next rail strike on 20:44 - Sep 1 with 2865 viewsGloryHunter

Next rail strike on 20:41 - Sep 1 by The_Beast1976

Sack the fcuking lot of em I say

That's a good idea. Then we'd have no trains at all. Ever.
Login to get fewer ads

Next rail strike on 20:49 - Sep 1 with 2836 viewsDannytheR

Bustards

Peed off.

Does them zero favours.

Nurses are about to have a vote on whether to go on strike.

https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/workforce/nurses-in-england-and-wales-to-be-ba

Just saying.
Next rail strike on 20:52 - Sep 1 with 2812 viewsnumptydumpty

Next rail strike on 20:49 - Sep 1 by DannytheR

Nurses are about to have a vote on whether to go on strike.

https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/workforce/nurses-in-england-and-wales-to-be-ba

Just saying.

Well they are undervalued.

Got us all clapping for them for a few months.

Perhaps we should clap for the railway men and women. That should probably be enough as against another few grand a year !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Next rail strike on 08:34 - Sep 2 with 2568 viewsconnell10

Im with anyone who strikes , good luck to them!!!!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Next rail strike on 08:47 - Sep 2 with 2544 viewsNorthernr

Next rail strike on 18:57 - Sep 1 by stowmarketrange

Clive mentioned car sharing on a previous thread.Maybe now is the time to put it into practice.Anyone driving in that has spaces can offer a lift and cut their fuel costs too.A win win for everyone.

I do think this is a good idea, particularly if some of these strikes fall for local-ish away games like Cov.
Next rail strike on 15:21 - Sep 2 with 2311 viewsthemodfather

yes the tories are khunts. many railworkers, postmen, nurses etc etc worked thru covid as key workers, why now are they the enemy? cos they want to eat or have some heat this winter?
multi millionaire tories have got richr thru covid, think on that as they handed out their lucrative PPE deals to thier mates and themselves!
Next rail strike on 15:33 - Sep 2 with 2293 viewsToast_R

Next rail strike on 08:47 - Sep 2 by Northernr

I do think this is a good idea, particularly if some of these strikes fall for local-ish away games like Cov.

Happy to do that to be honest. I have a 7 seater and live in SW London area for pickup.

On th home games though, I drove in from West Molesey on Tuesday, left around 5:30pm and got to Goldhawk Road by about 6pm. Traffic was bad then so can only imagine it being gridlocked during a train strike.
Next rail strike on 15:45 - Sep 2 with 2270 viewsWirralHoop

Guess I'll try to come down Friday and and I have just booked National Express back Saturday after the match.

After Watford I finally got home by train at 11:30pm. No drivers (unofficial strike/or not enough employees) meant trains cancelled. In fact if I hadn't broken terms of my ticket I wouldn't have got home.

Avanti West Coast still wont sell me a ticket for the 10th as they don't know the timetable yet. They're not fit for purpose. Basically the whole thing is a joke.

My problem with weekend strikes is it hits, the likes of us but more importantly families try to see each other, everyday folk. People taking kids out for the day. The likes of NHS staff trying to get to work.

Previous strikes I recall hit the likes of the city badly as people couldn't get to work but now they just simply work from home.

Sorry for the rant I guess it's Friday at the end of a long week.
Next rail strike on 15:59 - Sep 2 with 2237 viewsRangersw12

Next rail strike on 15:21 - Sep 2 by themodfather

yes the tories are khunts. many railworkers, postmen, nurses etc etc worked thru covid as key workers, why now are they the enemy? cos they want to eat or have some heat this winter?
multi millionaire tories have got richr thru covid, think on that as they handed out their lucrative PPE deals to thier mates and themselves!

Let's not forget the bosses of all the workers you've mentioned who are getting 6 figure wages and bonuses

A general strike is the way forward
Next rail strike on 09:16 - Sep 3 with 2047 viewsconnell10

Next rail strike on 15:59 - Sep 2 by Rangersw12

Let's not forget the bosses of all the workers you've mentioned who are getting 6 figure wages and bonuses

A general strike is the way forward

Revolution is in the air...methinks.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Next rail strike on 09:35 - Sep 3 with 2019 viewsderbyhoop

Bustards

Peed off.

Does them zero favours.

Training drivers may be paid well but RMT represent station staff, many if whom are quite low paid.
When the bosses are taking 40% pay rises keeping workers at below inflation rises is inflammatory.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Next rail strike on 09:37 - Sep 3 with 2010 viewsjohnhoop

Next rail strike on 18:11 - Sep 1 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Does this include TFL? The underground etc?

Does anyone know the answer to this?
Next rail strike on 10:09 - Sep 3 with 1955 viewsWokingR

Next rail strike on 09:37 - Sep 3 by johnhoop

It did last time
Next rail strike on 10:21 - Sep 3 with 1931 viewsQPRSteve

Next rail strike on 09:37 - Sep 3 by johnhoop

Shoot the bosses
Next rail strike on 10:29 - Sep 3 with 1921 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Next rail strike on 10:09 - Sep 3 by WokingR

It did last time

I think they were two separate strikes though on the same day but could be wrong. It would effect the Elizabeth Line I think which isn’t part of London Underground.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Next rail strike on 10:32 - Sep 3 with 1919 viewsstevec

Sept 15 strike too.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Millwall police keep us penned in for so long there’ll be no trains to get us out of Dodge.
Next rail strike on 11:30 - Sep 4 with 1719 viewsTGRRRSSS

I wond3ered why there were so many weekend strikes, or is it because so many can WFH it doesn't make the impact it once did?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024