Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Beale interesting comment. 21:38 - Sep 21 with 6570 viewsSpen

Just read the short piece in WLS regarding Armstrong.
Even in a few paragraphs, Beale comes across really well but what struck me was the last few lines.

“What the international break gives me a chance to do is go and coach the Under-21s and the Under-18s, which I haven’t been able to do because they train at the same time as us,” he said.

“Hopefully there are one or two more Sinclair’s hanging around.”

Seriously impressed by that.
Mick Beale interesting comment. on 21:40 - Sep 21 with 5448 viewsHAYESBOY

Smells like a trout farm in here

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 21:46 - Sep 21 with 5389 viewsconnell10

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 21:40 - Sep 21 by HAYESBOY

I'm actually looking forward to hearing Mick talk !! What a guy.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 22:00 - Sep 21 with 5288 viewsMick_S

May the non waffle continue. Very strange and long may it stay the same. I’m not used to it.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2022 22:26]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 22:06 - Sep 21 with 5243 viewsenfieldargh

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 22:00 - Sep 21 by Mick_S

May the non waffle continue. Very strange and long may it stay the same. I’m not used to it.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2022 22:26]

Lets hope we have Mick Beale for a few more years to come.

Hope Steven Gerrard gets Villa flying, wouldnt want them to come calling for our Mick back

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 22:18 - Sep 21 with 5183 viewsdmm

A first team coach/manager going to work with the U21s and the U18s! I'm sure it must happen elsewhere but I've never heard of it before. Fantastic stuff from Beale.
Mick Beale interesting comment. on 22:56 - Sep 21 with 5004 viewsstanistheman

That's great news and really like his approach to the job. Maybe he will spot some talent amongst them and promote them. Something that his predecessor didn't really do.

Another thing about Beale was his use of subs against Stoke. He didn't just swap like for like , but made subs to change the game which was not what Warburton often did effectively.
Mick Beale interesting comment. on 23:30 - Sep 21 with 4925 viewsSouthallRanger

That was a good comment. You hear stories from players about when they were in youth teams and the first team manager would come to watch and sometimes take training sessions, so I don’t think it is that uncommon. But definitely the mark of some of the more committed managers. Pretty sure lots of stories of sr’alex and wenger doing that… at least watching if not coaching. Obviously Beale is an actual coach and not just a manager, so his comment about not having opportunity to do it before makes sense. I’ve no proof but my guess is that there was just a class of manager like Redknapp who prob wouldn’t spend the time watching the feeder teams himself… I might be being unfair on him there.

I did remember in another interview Beale saying the int break gives opportunity to look back and provide more analysis and individual coaching to some of the first team. Hopefully mick is finding time to do both.
Mick Beale interesting comment. on 07:54 - Sep 22 with 4502 viewsstevec

Wouldn’t it be nice if Sinclair is the real deal.

Once he gets his feet right there’s something about him that says it’ll happen.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 07:58 - Sep 22 with 4508 viewsTheChef

Sensible stuff - I'm sure he gets the reports from the u21 and u18 coaches, but it would definitely be worth his while to see the players for himself.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 08:33 - Sep 22 with 4427 viewsNorthernr

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 07:54 - Sep 22 by stevec

Wouldn’t it be nice if Sinclair is the real deal.

Once he gets his feet right there’s something about him that says it’ll happen.

Only slight issue is the agent is already being a knob, so we're going to have constant contract problems with him if he's any good.
Mick Beale interesting comment. on 09:35 - Sep 22 with 4237 viewsstevec

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 08:33 - Sep 22 by Northernr

Only slight issue is the agent is already being a knob, so we're going to have constant contract problems with him if he's any good.

Ok. I guess that’s the coded message Beale alluded to in the interview?

Clearly the comment about him being pushed into the worst seat in the dressing room and not allowing himself to be bullied suggests he maybe being controlled by outside influences that are not in his best interests. You want to cry when you see talented youngsters being taken advantage of.

There’s something about him. First time he came onto the pitch, his pristine kit was all over the place within 5 minutes, looked like he’d been given a wedgie, but didn’t even cross his mind to sort it out, just looked like a kid who wanted to play football.

If his agent wins this one, we might as well wind up the youth system.
Mick Beale interesting comment. on 09:38 - Sep 22 with 4234 viewsNorthernr

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 09:35 - Sep 22 by stevec

Ok. I guess that’s the coded message Beale alluded to in the interview?

Clearly the comment about him being pushed into the worst seat in the dressing room and not allowing himself to be bullied suggests he maybe being controlled by outside influences that are not in his best interests. You want to cry when you see talented youngsters being taken advantage of.

There’s something about him. First time he came onto the pitch, his pristine kit was all over the place within 5 minutes, looked like he’d been given a wedgie, but didn’t even cross his mind to sort it out, just looked like a kid who wanted to play football.

If his agent wins this one, we might as well wind up the youth system.

You forget how young they are. I mean he's absolutely stacked but he's just a teenage lad. Last time I spoke to Beale he said Armstrong still lives with his parents and they were away on holiday that week so they were having to follow him around all week saying "Sinclair, what have you had for your food today?"
Mick Beale interesting comment. on 11:42 - Sep 22 with 4013 viewsCamberleyR

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 23:30 - Sep 21 by SouthallRanger

That was a good comment. You hear stories from players about when they were in youth teams and the first team manager would come to watch and sometimes take training sessions, so I don’t think it is that uncommon. But definitely the mark of some of the more committed managers. Pretty sure lots of stories of sr’alex and wenger doing that… at least watching if not coaching. Obviously Beale is an actual coach and not just a manager, so his comment about not having opportunity to do it before makes sense. I’ve no proof but my guess is that there was just a class of manager like Redknapp who prob wouldn’t spend the time watching the feeder teams himself… I might be being unfair on him there.

I did remember in another interview Beale saying the int break gives opportunity to look back and provide more analysis and individual coaching to some of the first team. Hopefully mick is finding time to do both.

" I’ve no proof but my guess is that there was just a class of manager like Redknapp who prob wouldn’t spend the time watching the feeder teams himself…I might be being unfair on him there"

I'd say you're not being unfair at all. It wouldn't surprise me if Redknapp most of the time he was with us probably didn't even spend time with the first team let alone the feeders, leaving it to Bondy Bond and Joe Jordan, whilst he was feet up in his office studying the Racing Post.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 11:50 - Sep 22 with 3963 viewsLblock

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 22:06 - Sep 21 by enfieldargh

Lets hope we have Mick Beale for a few more years to come.

Hope Steven Gerrard gets Villa flying, wouldnt want them to come calling for our Mick back

Don't let Villa take the Micky

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 12:49 - Sep 22 with 3795 viewsTheChef

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 11:42 - Sep 22 by CamberleyR

" I’ve no proof but my guess is that there was just a class of manager like Redknapp who prob wouldn’t spend the time watching the feeder teams himself…I might be being unfair on him there"

I'd say you're not being unfair at all. It wouldn't surprise me if Redknapp most of the time he was with us probably didn't even spend time with the first team let alone the feeders, leaving it to Bondy Bond and Joe Jordan, whilst he was feet up in his office studying the Racing Post.

I'd like anyone try to be unfair about Harry fkin Redknapp.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 12:51 - Sep 22 with 3790 viewsEsox_Lucius

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 11:42 - Sep 22 by CamberleyR

Locked in his office with Wally Downes going through the card was what I was told by a former LB we had during that time.

The grass is always greener.

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 13:53 - Sep 22 with 3609 viewsStevenageRanger

I was on a Speed Awareness Course when Warnock was around (or just after) and none other than Marc Bircham was on the same course!! He said Warnock was hardly ever at training. Guess different styles for different managers.
Mick Beale interesting comment. on 15:06 - Sep 22 with 3457 viewsBoston

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 13:53 - Sep 22 by StevenageRanger

I was on a Speed Awareness Course when Warnock was around (or just after) and none other than Marc Bircham was on the same course!! He said Warnock was hardly ever at training. Guess different styles for different managers.

Thanks for keeping us up to speed.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 16:50 - Sep 22 with 3304 viewsPunteR

He just loves football doesnt he..?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 07:44 - Sep 23 with 2873 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I know we're only a few games into his tenure, and somewhat worryingly we are using our out loud voices, but hats off to the Board here.

I like many were critical of the manner in which Warbs was sacked, and thought it a bad move. Overall, and aside of the February dip, thought Warbs did well for us.

My concern was that QPR hadn't managed to appoint back-to-back managers who were 'successes' for 30 odd years. However, Beale isn't so much a breadth of fresh air among many awful people in football, he's a hurricane.

Beale isn't just an upgrade on the likeable Warbs, he's head and shoulders better than pretty much all around him. So well done the Board for a triffic top-top appointment.

Not sure how long we'll have Beale for, so cherish him. I'm very confident he'll leave us in a far better state than we've been for a long time and I wouldn't be surprised if he had input in his replacement.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 09:48 - Sep 23 with 2679 viewsdaveB

Beale has a touch of the Holloway's about him, he doesn't seem to know where he is going with an answer and will jump around with random musings but he's fascinating to listen to and has unbelivable self confidence,I'm sure we'll knock that out of him but he's someone I could listen to for hours.
Mick Beale interesting comment. on 10:43 - Sep 23 with 2600 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 09:48 - Sep 23 by daveB

Beale has a touch of the Holloway's about him, he doesn't seem to know where he is going with an answer and will jump around with random musings but he's fascinating to listen to and has unbelivable self confidence,I'm sure we'll knock that out of him but he's someone I could listen to for hours.

Good comparison!

I like listening to him too, but so far I take nothing he says as fact. He's as likely as not to contradict himself the nest day.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 16:23 - Sep 23 with 2230 viewskensalriser

As with all managers I pay far more attention to actions and results than words. I don't really care what they say (within reason). Being wheeled out for interviews is a requirement of the job and sometimes they have to say something when there's nothing to say. Beale is new to the PR game and likes to talk; in time he'll learn how to play it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 16:58 - Sep 23 with 2179 viewsdmm

Mick Beale interesting comment. on 16:23 - Sep 23 by kensalriser

As with all managers I pay far more attention to actions and results than words. I don't really care what they say (within reason). Being wheeled out for interviews is a requirement of the job and sometimes they have to say something when there's nothing to say. Beale is new to the PR game and likes to talk; in time he'll learn how to play it.

Beale really does like to talk. I was at the U21s at LR today. From where I sat I could see Beale easily in the top notch seats in SAR. Some of his assistant coaches were with him plus a couple of others and every time I looked over Beale was talking away with them throughout the game.
Mick Beale interesting comment. on 17:22 - Sep 23 with 2134 viewsstainrods_elbow

i'd say hes nothing like Holloway (who I loved more than I necessarily respected) - Beale is far more measured, astute, thoughtful, tactically aware and coherent. As well as passionate.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024