Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe standing Lower Loft 08:48 - Oct 8 with 7077 viewsHarbour

Tried this last night. Loads of leg room can put seat down before or at half time. I was at back of PL good view. Cracking atmosphere Fans sang constantly and very friendly quite a mix in age group. If you not tried it is worth a go. Well done to the club and fans for getting it up and running. Was noisiest heard at LR for some time and when Lyndon scored the pen place erupted. Will be standing there again.
Safe standing Lower Loft on 09:12 - Oct 8 with 6007 viewsLeedsR

Always thought that particularly that part of the Lower Loft was the wrong place for the family seating area, as with the best will in the world, the atmosphere was never really there. The only good thing about the family area being there was that players could go over and hand kids shirts or sign autographs or pose for selfies etc. I think (from the perspective of someone who didn’t have to move) the change to safe standing was a good thing.

The safe standing area of the Lower Loft was absolutely bouncing last night. The football and the crap ref helped, but it looked and sounded like a proper home end. I’ve stood(!) in R Block for years and since the safe standing was introduced in the Lower Loft, this is the first time in long time that I’ve seen that area seriously and consistently lively. Top effort from the fans there.

Along with the safe standing in R Block, we have the makings of a really noisy section of the ground. The R Block with the Lower Loft last night, inspired by what was going on on the pitch made such a noise that spread through the whole ground and I loved it!!

Definite thumbs for safe standing from me!!
Safe standing Lower Loft on 10:26 - Oct 8 with 5847 viewsGalileo

It looked a great place to be from my vantage point in SAR; fans packed in emitting plenty of noise and after Lyndon gave us the lead the bedlam in that little section remined me of the Loft of many years ago.
Safe standing Lower Loft on 14:28 - Oct 8 with 5622 viewsJames_Paddocks

I'm so glad I made the switch from the Paddocks earlier in the season. There's a real old skool buzz in there. It's not full of stone island clad dickheads either, but a real mixture of folk.

I can also confirm it was 'limbs' central after our pen. I think it's genuinely making Loftus Road that little bit more magical again.
Safe standing Lower Loft on 15:05 - Oct 8 with 5528 viewsQPR_Hibs

Safe standing Lower Loft on 14:28 - Oct 8 by James_Paddocks

I'm so glad I made the switch from the Paddocks earlier in the season. There's a real old skool buzz in there. It's not full of stone island clad dickheads either, but a real mixture of folk.

I can also confirm it was 'limbs' central after our pen. I think it's genuinely making Loftus Road that little bit more magical again.

Are you going to change your username to James Safe Standing Area?

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Safe standing Lower Loft on 15:17 - Oct 8 with 5479 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Safe standing Lower Loft on 14:28 - Oct 8 by James_Paddocks

The atmosphere was electric last night. Safe standing sections are definitely a contributing factor but results and football style are helping too. Also is it just me or is there a lot more younger people around at the moment?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Safe standing Lower Loft on 15:25 - Oct 8 with 5451 viewsMiss_Terraces

I really think it helps the camaraderie in The Lower Loft, due to the fact theres ample space for people to walk past, so it became quite enjoyable rather than the chore it is elsewhere

I can quite easily seeing it sell out just to season ticket holders next season. I absolutely love it in there

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Safe standing Lower Loft on 15:40 - Oct 8 with 5408 viewsstowmarketrange

Safe standing Lower Loft on 15:17 - Oct 8 by CliveWilsonSaid

The atmosphere was electric last night. Safe standing sections are definitely a contributing factor but results and football style are helping too. Also is it just me or is there a lot more younger people around at the moment?

I couldn’t believe how many young fans Reading had last night.The Wetherspoons was full of them,including one who supported Reading because he lived there,but he was also a Chelshite fan.His mate was a Luton fan,and the pair of them are going to wba today to watch them play Luton.
Who says there is no money around for youngsters these days?
Safe standing Lower Loft on 16:03 - Oct 8 with 5361 viewsJames_Paddocks

But Paddocks is my real surname
Login to get fewer ads

Safe standing Lower Loft on 16:47 - Oct 8 with 5239 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Its helped with the atmosphere in the Upper Loft as well. I'm in N block up there so I have the R block to my left, and now the The Loft is starting to get back to what it was below.
The atmosphere last night was rocking. Something about the floodlights and the blue and white hoops, the noise in the last 15 minutes was fantastic. I'm loving this team, you can see the effort everyone of them is giving.
Safe standing Lower Loft on 16:58 - Oct 8 with 5210 viewsToast_R

It was like being back in 1994. Brilliant, the only way to watch now in my opinion.
Safe standing Lower Loft on 19:57 - Oct 8 with 4984 viewshertshoops

I'm one of a group of about ten STs together in PL most of who remembered the Loft as kids ourselves and voted in favour of the safestanding idea when it was first muted

Regular updates from TM in the Conny over the years, and we're finally achieving the kind of atmospheres we remembered all those years ago

Kudos to TM, JG, SL and those at the club that finally listened

Onwards and upwards, You R's
Safe standing Lower Loft on 20:05 - Oct 8 with 4963 viewsHarbour

Yes agree with the comments on here. Forgot to mention big shout out to who ever organised the massive flag we passed across the lower loft helped build the atmosphere. Plus one guy who constantly led the singing in PL particular Captain Jack …big up you guys.
Safe standing Lower Loft on 20:14 - Oct 8 with 4922 viewsNorthernr

Safe standing Lower Loft on 19:57 - Oct 8 by hertshoops

I'm one of a group of about ten STs together in PL most of who remembered the Loft as kids ourselves and voted in favour of the safestanding idea when it was first muted

Regular updates from TM in the Conny over the years, and we're finally achieving the kind of atmospheres we remembered all those years ago

Kudos to TM, JG, SL and those at the club that finally listened

Onwards and upwards, You R's

It's one of the best things the club has done in recent years. It looks and sounds fcking superb. I wonder whether bigger sections of ER would be in favour of having it - Neil SI was in the car to Sheff Utd in the week saying he's loving it over there and it solves the leg room problem instantly.
Safe standing Lower Loft on 20:47 - Oct 8 with 4844 viewsterryb

On a different note, our under the floodlights form this season is impressive!

I've not checked, but I think our record is won 4 ( Hull, Millwall, Sheffield United & Reading) & lost 1 (Blackpool). That is a good selling point for the club in selling midweek tickets!
Safe standing Lower Loft on 21:20 - Oct 8 with 4766 viewsDevon_4_England

The Club have launched a mid-week flexi ticket this season

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/ticket-news/flexi-tickets-300922/

‘the four-game midweek package starting from £99 for adults’
Safe standing Lower Loft on 07:52 - Oct 9 with 4405 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Safe standing Lower Loft on 20:14 - Oct 8 by Northernr

It's one of the best things the club has done in recent years. It looks and sounds fcking superb. I wonder whether bigger sections of ER would be in favour of having it - Neil SI was in the car to Sheff Utd in the week saying he's loving it over there and it solves the leg room problem instantly.

I noticed they have it in the Upper School End, so would love it if they could put it in the Upper Loft as I like to see the whole pitch from higher up. My son is 6 foot so really struggles with the leg room.
Agree, it is the best thing the club have done in years, it was like being back 30 years ago with the singing and noise. The results and football help mind you!
Safe standing Lower Loft on 11:41 - Oct 9 with 4203 viewsMedwayR

What I don't understand is why the club is so willing to spend money on safe standing yet be so stingy in other areas.

I'm not complaining, just baffles me a bit.

Poll: Who’s better?

Safe standing Lower Loft on 11:51 - Oct 9 with 4181 viewsdaveB

I think before we expand it we need to see how it goes over a full season. Big games under the lights when we are playing well and winning the atmosophere has always been good for those, it's the Rotherham at home when your expected to win where it's usually a morgue, it will be interesting to see if those kind of games you see a different atmosphere this season as people get more used to the safe standing. I'm quite hopeful it will get better but is still a bit too early too tell.

I do think expanding the safe standing across all of the Stan Bowles stand is something that would generally help with leg room and encourage people to come, maybe do the back of the upper loft where you have to stand anyway to see anything might be an idea
Safe standing Lower Loft on 22:11 - Oct 9 with 3944 viewsenfieldargh

Safe standing Lower Loft on 11:51 - Oct 9 by daveB

I think before we expand it we need to see how it goes over a full season. Big games under the lights when we are playing well and winning the atmosophere has always been good for those, it's the Rotherham at home when your expected to win where it's usually a morgue, it will be interesting to see if those kind of games you see a different atmosphere this season as people get more used to the safe standing. I'm quite hopeful it will get better but is still a bit too early too tell.

I do think expanding the safe standing across all of the Stan Bowles stand is something that would generally help with leg room and encourage people to come, maybe do the back of the upper loft where you have to stand anyway to see anything might be an idea

I once sat in the back row of ellerslie , think it was V block. When seated I couldnt see the ball if it went higher than head height due to the TV Gantry. So safe standing where the TV gantry is wont work.

Y block would work though abd def add to the atmosphere.

Re school end Reading hardly had anyone in the SS. Do they charge more for it?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Safe standing Lower Loft on 09:33 - Oct 10 with 3686 viewsNushnool

I've been on the back row of the Upper Loft before, and when standing you can't see the opposite goal, so I don't think it would work there.
Safe standing Lower Loft on 11:26 - Oct 10 with 3534 viewsstanistheman

Safe standing Lower Loft on 11:51 - Oct 9 by daveB

Let's see what the atmosphere is like against Wigan on 22nd October, but overall I think it is a good idea to let those who want to stand have a safe standing area. Maybe the club will extend it in the lower loft or even have a larger section in the Stanley Bowles stand to have more noise there to help drown out visiting fans.
Safe standing Lower Loft on 12:42 - Oct 10 with 3406 viewskensalriser

Safe standing Lower Loft on 15:05 - Oct 8 by QPR_Hibs

Are you going to change your username to James Safe Standing Area?

James Rail-Seating would sound almost plausible.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Safe standing Lower Loft on 13:25 - Oct 10 with 3294 viewsPunteR

Safe standing Lower Loft on 22:11 - Oct 9 by enfieldargh

I once sat in the back row of ellerslie , think it was V block. When seated I couldnt see the ball if it went higher than head height due to the TV Gantry. So safe standing where the TV gantry is wont work.

My Reading mate told me it was £37 so didn't bother.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Safe standing Lower Loft on 19:05 - Oct 10 with 3093 viewsbaz_qpr

Safe standing Lower Loft on 22:11 - Oct 9 by enfieldargh

I'm in row Z in W block in the Ellerslie, we've been standing safely for 20 + years. We all just crouch down when we have corner over by the paddocks to see under the gantry. Part of the charm
Safe standing Lower Loft on 13:03 - Oct 11 with 2789 viewsCorbyQPR

Is there a bit of SS in the upper away end? Looked like there were rails there. Never noticed that before..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024