Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big test for Beale 09:01 - Oct 29 with 4312 viewswortonranger

I think there’s understandable over-reaction to last night ( only watched on the box this time) so would have maybe felt differently if I’d been there but...
Sometimes it’s just not your night. Brum played well, this time the Ref’s decisions cost us dear ( 2 extraordinary shockers) unlike Cardiff when they went our way.
However, it’s the injuries that bother me. Losing players as early as we did made it hard for Mick and co to manage the game, which is one of his best qualities. Losing one...ok happens , but there were three in the first half. The Norwich game looms large. The squad is starting to look thin and I fear we may rush Willock back too soon and pay the price in November.
Warbs supposedly rarely had a plan B. I think we are going to need one, and a plan C as well!
Big test for Beale on 09:05 - Oct 29 with 3615 viewsozexile

It is a test but he knows what he's doing.
Big test for Beale on 09:19 - Oct 29 with 3536 viewsdaveB

We'll have runs during the season where we'll lose a few games but it's about how quickly you come through it, even if we lose at Norwich we have 3 winnable games after that to go into the world cup on a high.

Been great being top but if we are in the top 6 after that Coventry game it's been an excellent start
Big test for Beale on 09:23 - Oct 29 with 3516 viewscolinallcars

Big test for Beale on 09:05 - Oct 29 by ozexile

It is a test but he knows what he's doing.

He'll have to have his thinking gloves on for the Norwich game.
Big test for Beale on 09:25 - Oct 29 with 3510 viewsbosh67

There is a lack of physicality in the middle in what you call defensive midfield. Only Field is a big bloke. Johansen can put himself about but he pays for it a lot these days. The Dom Ball type player is what we don't have. Tim is a big unit but he's not a play breaker at all. So that for me is the kind of player we are missing. The get the job done ugly against physical teams player. I am sure Mick will have seen this quicker than us and I suspect there will be a move to get a big unit defensive midfielder in.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Big test for Beale on 09:44 - Oct 29 with 3431 viewsjohnhoop

Big test for Beale on 09:25 - Oct 29 by bosh67

There is a lack of physicality in the middle in what you call defensive midfield. Only Field is a big bloke. Johansen can put himself about but he pays for it a lot these days. The Dom Ball type player is what we don't have. Tim is a big unit but he's not a play breaker at all. So that for me is the kind of player we are missing. The get the job done ugly against physical teams player. I am sure Mick will have seen this quicker than us and I suspect there will be a move to get a big unit defensive midfielder in.

I know what you mean Bosh. We could do with a Matt Crooks of our own.
Big test for Beale on 09:53 - Oct 29 with 3384 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thinking about it again this morning one big challenge for the coaching staff is to find a way to beat the press. It looks like teams are going to press us further up the field so we need to be able to pass the ball quickly and - more importantly - show for the ball in the half-spaces to allow for the quick pass.

Very hard to tell last night on the stream, but it looked like we didn't show enough, or show well enough, last night.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Big test for Beale on 10:06 - Oct 29 with 3336 viewsplasmahoop

Big test for Beale on 09:53 - Oct 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Thinking about it again this morning one big challenge for the coaching staff is to find a way to beat the press. It looks like teams are going to press us further up the field so we need to be able to pass the ball quickly and - more importantly - show for the ball in the half-spaces to allow for the quick pass.

Very hard to tell last night on the stream, but it looked like we didn't show enough, or show well enough, last night.

Might not be the style of the team, but if we're struggling to beat the press, kick it long to lyndon, fight for the ball and play from there. The oppositions may then not press so much
Big test for Beale on 10:23 - Oct 29 with 3255 viewsozexile

Big test for Beale on 10:06 - Oct 29 by plasmahoop

Might not be the style of the team, but if we're struggling to beat the press, kick it long to lyndon, fight for the ball and play from there. The oppositions may then not press so much

Exactly what I was going to say. We have to adapt.
Login to get fewer ads

Big test for Beale on 10:37 - Oct 29 with 3207 viewsRed_Ranger

Reading style!
Big test for Beale on 10:40 - Oct 29 with 3190 viewsNorthantsHoop

Think we have to give credit to John Eustace, got his tactics right, Brum kept their shape pretty well pressed and flooded midfield first half and defended with basically 10 behind half way line all match. In the build up to match it was stated that Brum would be comfortable out of possession, but in that 1st 20 mins or so they broke out well and Chong with Hannibal had the midfield sown up.
Big test for Beale on 10:40 - Oct 29 with 3190 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's definitely an option.

Warburton lost quite a few games because we'd not even consider this.

Big test for Beale on 10:50 - Oct 29 with 3150 viewsted_hendrix

The result was an enormous boil on your bottom and a bit of a downer, however I'm not concerned at all and I don't see It as a big test for Beale.
Bit of tweaking here and there maybe and get on with It.
We're not gonna pick up points every game we play anyway.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Big test for Beale on 11:22 - Oct 29 with 3055 viewsdaveB

Big test for Beale on 09:53 - Oct 29 by BrianMcCarthy

It's also about not conceding first in these games where teams press us, they were always going to run out of energy as the game wore on so needed to get through those first 20 mins at 0-0 and grow into the game but were behind so early we seemed to get a bit panicky and desperate
Big test for Beale on 11:28 - Oct 29 with 3026 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Big test for Beale on 11:22 - Oct 29 by daveB

It's also about not conceding first in these games where teams press us, they were always going to run out of energy as the game wore on so needed to get through those first 20 mins at 0-0 and grow into the game but were behind so early we seemed to get a bit panicky and desperate

True.

Big test for Beale on 11:30 - Oct 29 with 3001 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The weird thing is, though we were pretty crap last night, we still had more shots (on and off target), possession and corners. We could have won.

The problem was starting poorly and letting them get a two-goal lead.
Big test for Beale on 13:30 - Oct 29 with 2744 viewsderbyhoop

Birmingham.pressed us well in our half and we didn't play well enough to bypass that press. The first goal was a bit of a fluke, although Seny was partially to blame. 2nd could have been.pulled back for a number of fouls, particularly on Balogun.

The 2 injuries in first half disrupted us more than we'd like to admit.

IMHO, we aren't a top 2 side, but can be a top 6 one. Despite last night.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Big test for Beale on 16:32 - Oct 29 with 2545 viewsgazza1

Every match is a 'big test' for MB and every match is a big test for everyone at the Club.....we are a decent Championship side but so are plenty of other Teams on their day.

Specifically about last nights match.....we did not play well, we got no 'rub of the green', some players were not good at all, the ref had a nightmare, B'ham played quite well as a team.

I'm very disappointed indeed because I have high expectations but in the big picture we are doing good so I am still very positive.
Big test for Beale on 17:46 - Oct 29 with 2405 viewsDamo1962

Big test for Beale on 11:22 - Oct 29 by daveB

This.
Big test for Beale on 19:38 - Oct 29 with 2267 viewsLogman

Point of order.

I said a couple of months ago that dealing with the physical teams could be our Achilles heel but it was correctly pointed out that we managed to beat Boro, Sheff U and Reading. So we can do it.

I agree that we need a slight change of game plan when we play the physical teams away though and that we might need to pack the midfield and play two up front rather than Chair, Roberts and Dykes or some such combination.

I think Beale can do it. So long as we have a couple of playmakers up front the other 8 outfielders can cancel out the physical teams.
Big test for Beale on 20:05 - Oct 29 with 2214 viewsLazyFan

We missed a creative player last night. Sure Chair tried but I noticed they doubled up on him and no one else stepped up.

That's why Chair plays better with Willock as they cannot afford to double up on either as that leaves the other free.

zzzzzzzzzz

Big test for Beale on 20:30 - Oct 29 with 2149 viewsDWQPR

If anything could have gone wrong last night it did.

1. Fluke first goal.
2. Foul in Balogun leading to their second not given.
3. Ref controlling the ball for Brum leading to their second
4. Injury to JCS
5. Injury to Roberts
6. Injury to Johansen who couldn’t be replaced until half time due to the new sub rules, meant he was a passenger for part of the first half.
7. Hannibal should have gone.
8. Missed penalty.

Just wasn’t our night and yet everyone says we played badly which I don’t think we did. Totally dominated the second half and the stats confirm that. It’s a learning curve for Beale and judging by the cut of his jib he’ll learn.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Big test for Beale on 20:33 - Oct 29 with 2143 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Big test for Beale on 20:30 - Oct 29 by DWQPR

If anything could have gone wrong last night it did.

1. Fluke first goal.
2. Foul in Balogun leading to their second not given.
3. Ref controlling the ball for Brum leading to their second
4. Injury to JCS
5. Injury to Roberts
6. Injury to Johansen who couldn’t be replaced until half time due to the new sub rules, meant he was a passenger for part of the first half.
8. Missed penalty.

Just wasn’t our night and yet everyone says we played badly which I don’t think we did. Totally dominated the second half and the stats confirm that. It’s a learning curve for Beale and judging by the cut of his jib he’ll learn.

That's the elephant in the room for me.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Big test for Beale on 20:42 - Oct 29 with 2121 viewsBlackCrowe

We have lost and we will lose again, just as every team no matter their ambitions will. I believe we're in a false position but if we could finish in the playoffs that would be an insane achievement, given my and most our expectations 3.5 months ago.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Big test for Beale on 21:00 - Oct 29 with 2089 viewsNortholt_Rs

Big test for Beale on 11:30 - Oct 29 by Wegerles_Stairs

The weird thing is, though we were pretty crap last night, we still had more shots (on and off target), possession and corners. We could have won.

The problem was starting poorly and letting them get a two-goal lead.

And missing our chances to score….like the peno.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Big test for Beale on 21:30 - Oct 29 with 2051 viewsWatfordR

Look, for all that Brum looked decent in the first half, they've only scored through a fluke and a goal the ref should correctly have stopped them from having the opportunity to take. We had chances in the first half as well, and on another day we go in 0-0 at half time, and nick it in the second half, similar to SheffU.

Similarly, despite Luton having the better of the game, they needed a lucky break to go 2 up, and we could otherwise have had a draw.

As I've said before, we'll need luck with key players staying mainly available, but if that happens, we'll be there or thereabouts at the business end of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024