Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity 18:37 - Jan 12 with 27378 viewsnumptydumpty

Next to Glenn Hoddle in queue at Tescos other day

Amazingly mate mine recognised Brian Hanrahan in Moon pub in Shepherd's Bush. 30 years after his famous Falkland BBC news

Saw Tony Meo next to Steve Davis, and randomly only recognised Tony Meo and Mr Steve heard my recognition of his mate as opposed to him !!!

Another friend randomly recognised Statto at Royal Ascot of Skinner and Baddiel fame.

Was sat next Steve Rider at Bracknell rugby game. Of Grandstand 'fame"

Few very z list celebs indeed

Anyone randomly bumped into any mega stars

Remember seeing Alan Ball pop into bookies in Portsmouth to check out his loser. No one said anything.

Saw Colin Jackson 100 metre hurdler in his GB kit at an airport in Milan, looked ridiculously healthy and fit.

Anyone had an exchange with a celeb....

I must be bored !!!! 😴
[Post edited 12 Jan 2023 18:38]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 12:44 - Jan 18 with 2949 viewswestberksr

a few days ago..... Phillip Schofield on the bridge over Chiswick British rail station; lives nearby

he did not jump a queue; kept his head down and didn't look to be in the mood to exchange pleasantries.

there are many more but that one is fresh out of the bag.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 13:12 - Jan 18 with 2869 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 22:21 - Jan 17 by wombat

Ex GF kicked steve coppell in the back of the head at a cinema in Kensington while watching cape fear , he wasn’t happy funnilyenough .

Drove past Sean Connery in Victoria years ago , gutted I didn’t stop
Flew to Dublin with Colin Farrell and the one and only Supervet for a U2 few years back
Flew to Jamaica with raheem sterling and his family , business class really nice guy .
Met Paul Weller in a sandwich shop in soho years ago , block ws a total arrse .
Went drinking in Greenford with the one and only Alan McDonald normally the railway after a game joined by Ian Stewart on the odd occasion .

Rachel stevens at Heathrow before e flew up to a game at Newcasltle , she’s tiny

Got it old to feck off by Paul young near grey at ormand street , he wanted my parking. Space and I wasn vacating it quick enough for him .

Wife had a ambulance called for her by Shirley from Pepsi and Shirley fame now married to one of the Kemp brothers in Rickmansworth

Dad used to work at the bush central line station and knew odd job from thebond movies quiet well .

Paul Young should have put his hat in the parking space.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 13:19 - Jan 18 with 2887 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 12:44 - Jan 18 by westberksr

a few days ago..... Phillip Schofield on the bridge over Chiswick British rail station; lives nearby

he did not jump a queue; kept his head down and didn't look to be in the mood to exchange pleasantries.

there are many more but that one is fresh out of the bag.

I asked the security guard outside the studio who was appearing on Top Of the Pops, he listed all and said "Zwan" I said "who the f'ck are they." He replied "remember the Smashing Pumpkins? Well its the singers new band"

"Ahhh Yeah I liked the Smashing Pumpkin they had some good tunes" (or something similar loudly.)
The security guy suddenly looks right behind me so I turn around and a yard away was Billy Corgan looking straight at me with a big grin on his face.
I nodded and laughed, It's a good job I was complimentary!

Oppps didn't mean to reply!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2023 13:20]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 13:26 - Jan 18 with 2876 viewsPhildo

Once when a bit pssed I called Fergal Sharkey Shergal Farkey by accident. He didn't see the funny side.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 13:34 - Jan 18 with 2855 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 13:26 - Jan 18 by Phildo

Once when a bit pssed I called Fergal Sharkey Shergal Farkey by accident. He didn't see the funny side.

A good shart these days is hard to find.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:01 - Jan 18 with 2793 viewsSpanishranger

Had a quick chat with Matt Le Tis at the Romsey Queens Jubilee street party last year.
Literally bumped into Gary Lineker in Kings Road (coming out of a shop) when he was still with Danielle Bux - she is very pretty close up whilst he was shorter than I expected.
Had breakfast with Claudio Ranieri in 2004 when he was just started his second stint as manager at Valencia and was staying in the same hotel as me. He was charming and incredibly knowledgeable on football.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:14 - Jan 18 with 2769 viewsHamptonR

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 08:24 - Jan 13 by urrrrssss

I've Played Darts with James Cagney !!!

I would really like to hear more about this.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:27 - Jan 18 with 2736 viewsMoonshineSteve

Got chatting to a bloke in a pub after a gig and the conversation turned to the band Altered Images. I was explaining lots of things about them to him. Turned out he was the drummer.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Login to get fewer ads

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 08:02 - Jan 19 with 2571 viewsRs_Holy

just remembered another 2...

Sally Gunnell, M&S checkout Sunbury... around 1990... she was really thin

Sharon Davies, BurgerKing in Kingston... around 1988... Having lunch with some mates "Look at her (sat down eating), she really looks like Sharon Davies"... "Nah can't be, what would she be doing in Burger King"... on leaving said restaurant noticed big poster stating 'Official opening of store today by Sharon Davies'... :)
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 14:45 - Jan 19 with 2448 viewsA40Bosh

I'll exclude the long list I have stood next too or near in clubs, hotels or restaurants when I worked in IT for a private members club group in central London as that is not fair and probably breaches GDPR more importantly -other than when I was working in Dean St, on the same day, and within an hour or so of each other, I walked passed "Gwen" Stacey's mum in Gavin and Stacey, then a couple of seconds later THE real Bjorn from ABBA, he was tiny and wearing a strange shiny suit. Then later I was sat in a meeting and outside the window on the street talking loudly was Rob Brydon talking to Alexander ('my friends call me Xander') Armstrong.

BA flight to Dublin for work and up the front of business class and they had kept the whole row beside me clear of passengers and at the last minute Pierce Brosnan come on board and sat down. Stood up to get off with him and forgot how tall he was - good looking barsteward.

When I was in sixth form I was going in on the central line one day and Rory Bremner was sat opposite me. Then as I came out of the lift at Holland Park station Martin O'Neill had to check his stride so as not to collide with me as he entered the lift. 5 mins later I came out of the newsagent with my usual breakfast of a KitKat and Ribena carton and I literally bumped in to Mark Knopfler who was going in.

Brother and I were in one of the guitar shops on Denmark St (my brother was sat down playing a Taylor acoustic he was thinking of buying) and Russell Crowe was in there with I presume his son and said "that sounds nice" - I didn't recognise him first when I looked up at him, I just thought "that bloke looks like a really fat and out of shape Russell Crowe".

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 15:15 - Jan 19 with 2406 viewsBedford_R

In New York city walked past the Fargo guy William H. Macy. Complete stranger next to me on the street asked me whether it was him and I said yes.

At a family friends wedding Clive Lloyd was there as a guest.

When I was a kid they filmed some episodes of The Professionals in the local area in Wembley and I got within a few feet of Martin Shaw. I think I was about 12 at the time.

At a funeral for an in-laws husband Iain McKellen was there as the honoured guest. Said hello to him but not much more.

On holiday in Barbados went shopping in Holetown and in the supermarket was Chris Hughton. I looked at him he looked at me and not a word was said.

Going into Loftus Road once I saw Domonic West going into a game with his son. He's from the local area but I'm not sure he's a fan.

Again at Loftus Road saw Michael Gove sat a few rows in front of me with his son at a game. Moved out of his way...

At Loftus Road again saw Hayley McQueen in the SA stand walking through the crowd.
She looks even better in real life.

Again outside at Loftus Road I have seen Colin Salmon twice even though he is a Luton fan..

RMH_R Reborn

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 15:23 - Jan 19 with 2387 viewshubble

Always wanted to meet Colin Salmon, but every time I approached him he slipped past me.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 21:07 - Jan 19 with 2208 viewsqpr_1968

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 15:23 - Jan 19 by hubble

Always wanted to meet Colin Salmon, but every time I approached him he slipped past me.

you could always meet him on a stream.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:00 - Jan 19 with 2127 viewsBoston

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 21:07 - Jan 19 by qpr_1968

you could always meet him on a stream.

Does he smoke?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:53 - Jan 20 with 2012 viewsFredManRave

Walked past londonscottish on the Uxbridge Road before the Luton game.

First time I'd ever met him and ended up having several drinks with him both before and after the 80 minute game.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:58 - Jan 20 with 2000 viewsSydneyRs

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 13:26 - Jan 18 by Phildo

Not sure about this story, but I suppose it could be true.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 07:17 - Sep 5 with 1577 viewsPaddyhoops

Aled jones has been getting his coffee at Neros on Shaftesbury avenue. He had a motorcycle helmet
In his hand.
Pleasant bloke . Said good morning.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 07:47 - Sep 5 with 1508 viewslondonscottish

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 23:53 - Jan 20 by FredManRave

Walked past londonscottish on the Uxbridge Road before the Luton game.

First time I'd ever met him and ended up having several drinks with him both before and after the 80 minute game.

That was a great spot by you. And a great day out.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 07:50 - Sep 5 with 1500 viewsDWQPR

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 15:15 - Jan 19 by Bedford_R

In New York city walked past the Fargo guy William H. Macy. Complete stranger next to me on the street asked me whether it was him and I said yes.

At a family friends wedding Clive Lloyd was there as a guest.

When I was a kid they filmed some episodes of The Professionals in the local area in Wembley and I got within a few feet of Martin Shaw. I think I was about 12 at the time.

At a funeral for an in-laws husband Iain McKellen was there as the honoured guest. Said hello to him but not much more.

On holiday in Barbados went shopping in Holetown and in the supermarket was Chris Hughton. I looked at him he looked at me and not a word was said.

Going into Loftus Road once I saw Domonic West going into a game with his son. He's from the local area but I'm not sure he's a fan.

Again at Loftus Road saw Michael Gove sat a few rows in front of me with his son at a game. Moved out of his way...

At Loftus Road again saw Hayley McQueen in the SA stand walking through the crowd.
She looks even better in real life.

Again outside at Loftus Road I have seen Colin Salmon twice even though he is a Luton fan..

Colin Salmon is 100% QPR. Bumped into him at Charing Cross Hospital around 2010. I’d seen him in the SAR a few times previously after recognising him from playing a copper opposite Helen Mirren. We spoke briefly about the season that was developing under Neil Warnock. Decent bloke.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 08:57 - Sep 5 with 1390 viewsdutch

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 07:50 - Sep 5 by DWQPR

Colin Salmon is 100% QPR. Bumped into him at Charing Cross Hospital around 2010. I’d seen him in the SAR a few times previously after recognising him from playing a copper opposite Helen Mirren. We spoke briefly about the season that was developing under Neil Warnock. Decent bloke.

100% QPR now maybe, perhaps, but definitely Luton in the not too distant past. He's from there. Started going to LR because he lives nearby and his kids wanted to go to a game and maybe got hooked in. But I reckon his blood is a funny orange colour.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 09:38 - Sep 5 with 1310 viewscpgerber

Saw and talked to Mélanie Laurent (played Shosanna in Inglorious Bastards) earlier this year on the train platform in Epernay, waiting for our train to Paris.

Celebreties take the train too, it seems.
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 09:50 - Sep 5 with 1275 viewsngbqpr

Paul Weller, Victoria Station, 1979. I was a massive Jam fan - followed him and his then gf Jill for about half an hour in and out of various shops but didn't get up the nerve to speak.

Andrew Marr on the tube - very short indeed.

Tony Blair literally spilt my pint in a lakeside Scottish pub.

John Cleese at the next table in a Notting Hill restaurant.

Paul Merton shopping in Clapham.

Barack Obama and entourage / security in a fleet of limos in Manhattan.

Brian Clough on several occasions as his 'other son' runs the newsagents near me

Having been lucky enough to work in dance music for many years, I have met many heroes of the Frankie thread...but music celebs beyond the club scene I met:

- Kylie at the water cooler (she was recording in the studios downstairs from our office)
- John Thompson (Fast Show / Cold Feet) at the Brits - shared a pint, top bloke, niiiice
- Tony Wilson and then Feargal Sharkey when working on the former's In the City music conference
- Cliff Richard on my one visit to TOTP

But MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL...had a chat with GK coach Gavin Ward at Wetherby Services last Saturday!

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 09:58 - Sep 5 with 1257 viewsdsw2509

Clive Myrie in the street in Islington

Gordon Ramsay in the local Sainsbury’s

Garret Fitzgerald (while he was Taoiseach) plus family in a Lake District pub

Vladimir Putin (when he was mayor of St Petersburg, in a motorcade in the city)

Olof Palme (Swedish PM) in Beijing (at the Great Wall)
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 10:01 - Sep 5 with 1253 viewsdsw2509

Forgot..

Billie Jean King on an aeroplane (she was going back to NY after a Wimbledon fortnight and I was doing a work trip. Didn’t see her getting on at Heathrow but at JFK we all got up to leave and she was sitting 2 rows behind me (business class).
Ever randomly walked past a celebrity on 10:44 - Sep 5 with 1568 viewshubble

I've got another tale I've just recalled, a two-parter starring the gorgeous Natalie Imbruglia.

Part 1 - late 90s, me and my mate who were a (utterly unsuccessful) songwriting duo at the time, met up with a potential manager at the William IV on the Harrow Road one Friday afternoon. A few minutes into our meeting the entire cast of TFI Friday including Chris Evans and Natalie Imbruglia arrive in the pub, having just finished recording the show I guess. The bar by this time is heaving.

I get up to go and buy a round of drinks with the vague and racy intention of chatting to Natalie, and manage to squeeze myself next to her. As I'm ordering the drinks I look at Natalie and she looks at me and gives me this dazzling smile, and then, I swear, rubs her leg against my leg. Too discombobulated to do or say anything by this unexpected yet delightful moment, my head empties of all and any lines I had planned, I smile dumbly at her and retreat to our table, my head churning over whatever scenario I thought might have been about to unfold.

Part 2 - fast forward a couple of years, and I find myself (I'm trying to make this as succint as possible but it's complex) at the Siddha Yoga temple in King's Cross. Why was I there? Well, I'd met this lovely young lady on a 6-day detox fast run by a friend in her house on St Agnes Place, back of Kennington Park. (Incidentally, Victoria Clarke, then girlfriend, now wife, of Shane McGowan was also on this 'retreat', writing about it for the Standard). Said young lady was into a guru called Gurumayi, head of the Siddha Yoga movement. And they have, or had, a temple in King's Cross.

Anyway, I start dating said young lady, so I thought I'd go along to the temple that she attended, to see what all the fuss was about. On that particular evening, lo and behold, not only was Lulu there, but also Natalie Imbruglia. Right, I think, I've got to say something to her if I get a chance (I'm still harbouring this ludicrous fantasy that she fancies me).

So what happens at these events is that after the lecture, the prayers and the sing-song, everyone takes it in turn to go up to the shrine, bow, prostrate themselves or whatever, before leaving to go downstairs to have some food and drink. As you leave the area of worship, you are given a sweet. I am given a toffee. I head downstairs and see Natalie a couple of people ahead of me. Popping the toffee in my mouth, I manage to edge past the people between us and arrive in the queue for food just behind her. So I'm chewing this very sticky toffee, admiring Natalie's pert behind, and going thorugh potential ice-breakers, when she turns to look at me and gives me a lovely smile. I go to smile back and say something, but my teeth are literally glued together by this fecking toffee. So all I can do is return her smile with a ghastly sort of grin, the effect of which I see reflected in her beautiful eyes. And I just know she's thinking, weirdo. Moment lost, fantasy shattered... needless to say, I never saw her again. Sliding doors? It was never going to happen, was it!

[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 10:45]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024