Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth 21:19 - Feb 4 with 9314 viewsdamienhoops68

Mentioned this a couple of weeks ago he is well out of his depth of and was told I was being to haisty. Really who thinks that still.
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 21:31 - Feb 4 with 5466 viewsOutintheOrne

I still think you're being hasty. I also think Critchley is up to it and will turn it round.
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 21:32 - Feb 4 with 5456 viewsaston_hoop

I think a lot of people can see that Critchley isn't the problem here. The problem is the structure around the club has been badly managed, specifically player recruitment. I think we have made good signings, unfortunately, we have also allowed managers to make their own signings which isn't really how a DoF structure should work. Critchley struggling to get a tune out of Beale's squad while for instance, Edwards gets a tune out of Luton's squad, should be no surprise. One side is a hybrid of players for different managers, one is a side built for Luton football club. Well run clubs don't have this issue. Look at Brighton, new boss, same team. If Thomas Frank finally disappeared so far up his own arse that he managed to convert himself into pure energy, his replacement would do the same. QPR is not set up like this, it simply has to be though to compete. So I don't blame Critchley.

I do worry though that Sir Les saves himself and hires a 'pashun' merchant, we win a few games and in 1 years time when they go the same way as Ollie and Schteve, but with a squad of players from a couple of managers, we will be in exactly the same place. To compete, we need to be like these other teams and look long term. Too many fans either don't see it or don't want it, maybe even I'm just talking bollocks. But its how I see it
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 21:34]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 21:37 - Feb 4 with 5415 viewsbosh67

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 21:32 - Feb 4 by aston_hoop

I think a lot of people can see that Critchley isn't the problem here. The problem is the structure around the club has been badly managed, specifically player recruitment. I think we have made good signings, unfortunately, we have also allowed managers to make their own signings which isn't really how a DoF structure should work. Critchley struggling to get a tune out of Beale's squad while for instance, Edwards gets a tune out of Luton's squad, should be no surprise. One side is a hybrid of players for different managers, one is a side built for Luton football club. Well run clubs don't have this issue. Look at Brighton, new boss, same team. If Thomas Frank finally disappeared so far up his own arse that he managed to convert himself into pure energy, his replacement would do the same. QPR is not set up like this, it simply has to be though to compete. So I don't blame Critchley.

I do worry though that Sir Les saves himself and hires a 'pashun' merchant, we win a few games and in 1 years time when they go the same way as Ollie and Schteve, but with a squad of players from a couple of managers, we will be in exactly the same place. To compete, we need to be like these other teams and look long term. Too many fans either don't see it or don't want it, maybe even I'm just talking bollocks. But its how I see it

I think you see it spot on.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 21:55 - Feb 4 with 5312 viewsCateLeBonR

Yeah I was discussing this earlier with someone.

Good, well run football clubs don't need great managers.
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 22:05 - Feb 4 with 5208 viewsswitchingcode

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 21:32 - Feb 4 by aston_hoop

You still need a competent head coach no matter how well the club is set up.
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 22:14 - Feb 4 with 5162 viewsslmrstid

On what basis is a man who has already managed in this league, successfully, and worked at a club much, much, much bigger, out of his depth at QPR?

Plenty of reasons for concern across the whole club, but to just blindly type "out of his depth" because we're not winning games is lazy.
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 22:22 - Feb 4 with 5101 viewsessextaxiboy

Yep , thats the way I see it .
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 22:31 - Feb 4 with 5051 viewsaston_hoop

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 22:05 - Feb 4 by switchingcode

You still need a competent head coach no matter how well the club is set up.

Sure, we all remember Dean Smith fondly, but one step at a time. I personally think we do have a good coach so lets at least work backwards and stop with the 'out of his depth' stuff.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 22:43 - Feb 4 with 5023 viewsGloucs_R

NC has a completely different playing style to the previous managers and we don't have the players, yet, to play the way he wants us to! His style is, longer term, more suited to a club of our size and budget.

Personally, I think he needs time and the opportunity to build his own team. He's a pressing, width, working hard for one another manager, that's not what this team is about.

However, I think he's being a little stubborn and should maybe try 3 at the back as that's what seems to work for us.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 23:18 - Feb 4 with 4840 viewsHuckerMOTM

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 22:14 - Feb 4 by slmrstid

On what basis is a man who has already managed in this league, successfully, and worked at a club much, much, much bigger, out of his depth at QPR?

Plenty of reasons for concern across the whole club, but to just blindly type "out of his depth" because we're not winning games is lazy.

Oh yeah?

Tell me about those Halcyon days when, in his only season managing at this level, he finished 16th...

It's far too early to write him off but if you're going to make out we've got one of the best managers in the country at the club you're talking nonsense too.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 23:21]
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 23:33 - Feb 4 with 4757 viewsstainrods_elbow

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 23:18 - Feb 4 by HuckerMOTM

Oh yeah?

Tell me about those Halcyon days when, in his only season managing at this level, he finished 16th...

It's far too early to write him off but if you're going to make out we've got one of the best managers in the country at the club you're talking nonsense too.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 23:21]

If 16th was how he finished last time out, I can see why he was shoo-in for the QPR hot seat!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 23:34 - Feb 4 with 4786 viewsChrisNW6

I think you are a bit harsh as it was Mick Beale getting a tune out of MW squad. Critchley needs more time, and I think the DOF is looking for consistency in our managerial selection.
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 23:37 - Feb 4 with 4775 viewsAntti_Heinola

By any measure, he is clearly a very good coach, with years of experience under his belt and achieved success wherever he's been. Whether that translates as success with us in the long term is yet to be seen. But he's certainly not out of his depth. This team, bar a brief period earlier this season, has been struggling for a year. The time to judge will be around next Christmas. Whether he'll get that long is another thing, and I'd also say he needs to pick up some wins very quickly.

Bare bones.

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 23:39 - Feb 4 with 4748 viewsBoston

Let's give him another ten minutes before we call for his head.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 23:45 - Feb 4 with 4718 viewsDamo1962

Nothing bollocks about that. Sums up perfectly the difference between us and better run clubs. We may as well stick with Critchley and see what happens long term. If we are still floundering around the Championship this time next season...then we can review the situation. I am as impatient as others are, to see our club flourish again - I have just learned to be pragmatic about the situation. I don't like it, but there isn't any alternative ATM. On another note, just getting a site, and the go ahead for a new stadium...would transform the club. I'm sure of that much.
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 07:08 - Feb 5 with 4480 viewsThe_Beast1976

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 23:45 - Feb 4 by Damo1962

Nothing bollocks about that. Sums up perfectly the difference between us and better run clubs. We may as well stick with Critchley and see what happens long term. If we are still floundering around the Championship this time next season...then we can review the situation. I am as impatient as others are, to see our club flourish again - I have just learned to be pragmatic about the situation. I don't like it, but there isn't any alternative ATM. On another note, just getting a site, and the go ahead for a new stadium...would transform the club. I'm sure of that much.

So, the majority of the comments above appear to suggest that we are a badly run club. If that's the case, then who do the same people commenting consider is to blame for that? Should that person (or those persons) be sacked or resign?

My own view is that someone at executive level (be that LF or someone else on the board) has made, and continues to make, a complete mess of things. How else can we still be in such a sorry state?
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 08:07 - Feb 5 with 4362 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Totally agree with this. You either have a DoF who oversees everything (transfers, academy etc) or you don't. We currently have a weird hybrid system where the club says one thing, buy low sell high, pathway for academy players, young squad blah blah blah, but the do the exact opposite. Namely waste money on players; Bonne, block the pathway with useless loans, or bring in a managers ex players he knew from before; Balogan, Ball etc.

If we actually stuck to what we said we would probably be in a much better place.
Critchley is not the problem.
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 08:23 - Feb 5 with 4311 viewsRs_Holy

Come on then Damien, who is out there who will take on the head coaches roll at this basket case of a club and do a better job than the current one??? Please be realistic!
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 08:53 - Feb 5 with 4210 viewsNorthantsHoop

Afraid Neil Critchley is about as inspiring as a cold old day in Uddersfield. Regardless of all the issues with the other bloke, we just look a team with no cohesion and playing strategy and I expect the players are about as inspired by him as I would be sitting in that dressing room. Thought we should have gone for an interim appointment someone like Chris Wilder until the end of the season and see how it goes and looked for a new manager and coaching team over the Summer. I just can't see Critchley working out, still I will just grin and bear it from my seat in the upper loft and watch the draws play out in front of us and hope for a win or two before the end of the season.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 8:56]
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 08:58 - Feb 5 with 4195 viewsManinBlack

Arsenal fans didn't think Arteta was the right choice but look at them now. He was given a bit of time which we need to give Critchley. Perhaps Corberan and Carrick have made an instant impact at Albion and Boro is their clubs are better run. Totally agree with Aston Hoop.
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 09:23 - Feb 5 with 4105 viewsRs_Holy

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 08:58 - Feb 5 by ManinBlack

Arsenal fans didn't think Arteta was the right choice but look at them now. He was given a bit of time which we need to give Critchley. Perhaps Corberan and Carrick have made an instant impact at Albion and Boro is their clubs are better run. Totally agree with Aston Hoop.

Better run, bigger squads… and some proper strikers.
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 10:48 - Feb 5 with 3920 viewsHuckerMOTM

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 23:37 - Feb 4 by Antti_Heinola

By any measure, he is clearly a very good coach, with years of experience under his belt and achieved success wherever he's been. Whether that translates as success with us in the long term is yet to be seen. But he's certainly not out of his depth. This team, bar a brief period earlier this season, has been struggling for a year. The time to judge will be around next Christmas. Whether he'll get that long is another thing, and I'd also say he needs to pick up some wins very quickly.

If he was 'a very good coach' he wouldn't be at QPR.

He's a coach who some have identified as having potential as a manager but on this thread we have fans saying he's had success at this level -when he has managed for just a single season in this division and finished 16th - and people talking about him as if he's one of the best young managers in the country.

You've got people saying that the club are the problem, you've got people saying that he's out of his depth but I'd like to throw in the possibility that some of our fans have expectation levels far and above reality.

If we've got the perfect storm of all 3 occurring at the same time we've got serious trouble.

NC is mostly untested as a manager and we simply don't know enough about him to make bold statements either way. Stuart Houston was considered one of the best coaches in the country when we gave him the manager's job and he couldn't replicate his success as the former....
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 10:52 - Feb 5 with 3902 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I do feel for Critchley as he was given a hospital pass but eight games without a win (including a shambolic cup exit) is poor. Two home games coming up though, against a side we beat comfortably earlier in the season and a newly promoted side. I do fear for him if we don't get a win soon because Les will push him under the bus to secure his own position, like he did Warburton.
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 11:59 - Feb 5 with 3776 viewstraininvain

Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 08:53 - Feb 5 by NorthantsHoop

Afraid Neil Critchley is about as inspiring as a cold old day in Uddersfield. Regardless of all the issues with the other bloke, we just look a team with no cohesion and playing strategy and I expect the players are about as inspired by him as I would be sitting in that dressing room. Thought we should have gone for an interim appointment someone like Chris Wilder until the end of the season and see how it goes and looked for a new manager and coaching team over the Summer. I just can't see Critchley working out, still I will just grin and bear it from my seat in the upper loft and watch the draws play out in front of us and hope for a win or two before the end of the season.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 8:56]

Problem is that with our financial situation I doubt Wilder is going anywhere near the job on a five year contract let alone a short term deal till the end of the season.

As we’ve just seen in January, the club barely has the financial headroom to make one loan signing so it’s not exactly an attractive proposition to potential managers and I doubt we could pay them enough either. Particularly the likes of Wilder who are used to having one of the biggest budgets in the league.

That leaves the club choosing between the likes of Critchley and Ainsworth. Maybe they got it wrong with Critchley but he deserves more time and let’s not pretend that Wilder was ever a realistic possibility.
Said about critchley a few weeks ago out of his depth on 12:11 - Feb 5 with 3737 viewsgolborne

There’s a whiff of Goodison around here…
The club are doing exactly what they’ve said their plan is, apart from the bringing players through- but let’s face it, there’s nothing there that looks anywhere near as good as our loans. Loans we need, as we’re skint. Balogan being the exception, but wart faces fortunes changed when he came in. Anybody remember the first 4-5 games? Simply put, he’s our best, and most commanding central defender by some distance.
I think on better days most agree we have a solid set of players, but unfortunately a lot evolves around three of them. One, our only leader, has been injured through much of this run. Another has missed a large chunk of the season due to injury and not being fully fit, which resulted in a lack of form and now confidence. Throw Balogan into the mix, and even Amos who was our highest scoring midfielder last year and for me what you have is a low budget squad unable to paper over the cracks when they appear (board can’t fix that with empty pockets and investment going into new facilities). So we have the players when fit. No manager with a threadbare squad can take losing their best players for a quarter+ of the season, so we can’t blame him/them, so let’s now blame the board for running out of magic dust.
And for whoever mentioned boro and West Brom as well run clubs..ffs have you not seen the money they’ve squandered on poor players. West Brom are on the brink if they don’t get back to the prem before the parachute money runs out, and I don’t understand how boro’s chairman keeps them afloat without breaking the rules. I know they had a couple of cameos in the Prem, but they’ve been spending proper money for the past 10 years+. Oh and Luton was so well run they ended up out of the football league. They’ve done really well to get back to where they are, but mostly by signing a couple of decent strikers through that period. The rest of the squad are just bullies that the Welsh imp brought into play a certain way. You can keep that, thank you very much! I’ll wait for our players to get fit. Incidentally, massive improvement in midfield yesterday with the return of our leader, so fingers crossed there, and I saw more encouraging signs of Willock yesterday, too. Amos is on the bench, so just need the French fella off the sofa now. circumstance can be cruel at times, I really don’t understand why it needs to be somebody’s fault all the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024