Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We won’t go down! 09:03 - Feb 12 with 5200 viewswortonranger

Helmet on!
Amazing how things can look different after a reasonable overnight pause for thought and sleep.
Yesterday I watched on a non - functioning official stream from my spot in Denmark, where despair and gloom seemed natural.
However, having been brave enough to watch the highlights it seems that while I was watching a small revolving disc and rebooting my struggling laptop, I missed all of our best stuff. We were well worth at least a draw and the attitude was good, helped in no small way by Martin ( sorry Clive) who has an important element missing from our too nice bunch.
I sense a big result on Tuesday.
Watch this space!
You R’s!
We won’t go down! on 09:13 - Feb 12 with 3391 viewsStanisgod

I also didnt think we were that bad. Wall are a good well drilled settled side, but yet again defensive frailties.
I didnt think there was a lack of effort at all, we're just not playing well enough, full stop.
Subs needed to be done earlier as Albert is the only player to get down the line and cross and break their rigid back four. 2 down was too late.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

We won’t go down! on 09:23 - Feb 12 with 3353 viewsDejR_vu

The defence is a shambles. Dickie is a real problem. What on earth has happened to him?

We can’t keep a clean sheet so we’re always going to have to score at least two to win a game.

I’m not one that’s particularly critical of NC but he’s got to find a way of getting that defence sorted out. Like many, I’d go back to a back 3/5. Something’s got to change.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

We won’t go down! on 09:57 - Feb 12 with 3236 viewsStreathamRanger

We won’t go down! on 09:23 - Feb 12 by DejR_vu

The defence is a shambles. Dickie is a real problem. What on earth has happened to him?

We can’t keep a clean sheet so we’re always going to have to score at least two to win a game.

I’m not one that’s particularly critical of NC but he’s got to find a way of getting that defence sorted out. Like many, I’d go back to a back 3/5. Something’s got to change.

First goal an absolute shambles from Dickie. The bloke's a liability. He's neither committing to the man on the ball nor getting in a good position to prevent pass for the goal scorer. Horrible defending. Second one is on Laird. Comes steaming in for the header then last minute decided he doesn't quite fancy it and messes it up completely.

First one could be about coaching or just Dickie's horrible form. Second is about attitude. Not the coaches fault if he's pulling out of headers but he can drop him if he's not going willing to get hurt for the cause.

We've got to pick up a couple of wins soon. 8 or 9 points ought to do it. Got to give Critchley at least one pre season, assuming we don't go down.
We won’t go down! on 09:57 - Feb 12 with 3235 viewsessextaxiboy

We gifted them the two goals , first one misplaced pass straight to them 30 yards from goal , half hearted attempt to knock him over . Laird up the pitch which had been our out ball and working well left the scorer free . second a complete balls up , all three going for the headed clearance and then ducking away .
We battered them for the last 15 min and add on time . The Willock injury scuppered going for it earlier . Another 10 min we would have scored again ..... IMO .
We won’t go down! on 10:03 - Feb 12 with 3204 viewsStreathamRanger

We won’t go down! on 09:57 - Feb 12 by essextaxiboy

We gifted them the two goals , first one misplaced pass straight to them 30 yards from goal , half hearted attempt to knock him over . Laird up the pitch which had been our out ball and working well left the scorer free . second a complete balls up , all three going for the headed clearance and then ducking away .
We battered them for the last 15 min and add on time . The Willock injury scuppered going for it earlier . Another 10 min we would have scored again ..... IMO .

Laird was up the pitch but there were three men marking the striker who played the final pass for the goal. Dickie needs to move across and pick him up.
We won’t go down! on 10:03 - Feb 12 with 3200 viewsenfieldargh

It was an improved performance however we are so consistant with following up a reasonable non winning performance with a shambolic performance.

Mackams get an early goal(Jack clarke) n Tuesday and its wash spin repeat.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

We won’t go down! on 10:08 - Feb 12 with 3164 viewsDejR_vu

We won’t go down! on 10:03 - Feb 12 by StreathamRanger

Laird was up the pitch but there were three men marking the striker who played the final pass for the goal. Dickie needs to move across and pick him up.

This 100%. If Laird’s attacking someone has to step over and cover his position. I would have thought it should have been Dickie with Field dropping in to cover the space left behind, if necessary.

It may just be my perception, but we seem to concede more when Dickie is playing and many from his side.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

We won’t go down! on 10:08 - Feb 12 with 3159 viewsPaddyhoops

We won’t go down! on 09:23 - Feb 12 by DejR_vu

Dickie’s confidence is shot to pieces . It was encapsulated by the look on Laird’s face when instead of a quick swift pass he was hoping to get . Dickie lingered on the ball and the inevitable sideway pass to Dunne was the option. Hugely frustrating.
Login to get fewer ads

We won’t go down! on 10:13 - Feb 12 with 3125 viewsconnell10

A lot of grasping at straws here ...we are a shit show. Can't see how that is going to change to be honest .
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 10:15]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

We won’t go down! on 10:15 - Feb 12 with 3111 viewsconnell10

We won’t go down! on 10:13 - Feb 12 by connell10

A lot of grasping at straws here ...we are a shit show. Can't see how that is going to change to be honest .
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 10:15]

Also if that's our main aim We won't go down ...I fear for our season ticket sales next year. Spin that one Mr Hoo,s.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

We won’t go down! on 10:18 - Feb 12 with 3080 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Just seen that Warnock is in the running for the Huddersfield job, so odds on they stay up and reach the play-offs next season.
We won’t go down! on 10:27 - Feb 12 with 3031 viewsjohnhoop

So who in the next run of fixtures we’ve got coming up can you actually see us beating?
Our form for the last three months has been little short of abysmal. We’re now ten points above the drop zone but the bottom three all have a game in hand on us.
I really hope that somehow Critchley can instil some fight and determination into these players because at the moment we may be in sixteenth position but we’re actually in freefall and the consequences of relegation are not going to be pleasant for anyone at QPR.
We won’t go down! on 10:28 - Feb 12 with 3027 viewsDixie_CT

I watched both goals back.

Goal one - Paal under hit a ball down the line which McNamara intercepted and put out for a throw. Paal threw it short to Johansen, who laid it back. Paal then did a feather touch of a pass back to Johansen which Honeyman (busy, impressive, was he on the whiteboard?) easily disrupted.

Paal had a chance to play it to Field but got that wrong and Field lost it to Flemming. At this stage, I thought Field should have taken a yellow card by committing a foul to break up the play.

After this, Dickie has no idea what to do and his indecision meant he made the wrong decision. Dunne and Dozzell would have pressed Fleming enabling Dickie to drop off but he didn’t and gave Watmore (whiteboard?) the freedom of W12 to finish, which he did very well.

To compound Paal’s role, he also plays Watmore onside by dropping deeper than anyone else. Watmore makes a really clever run to get back onside and hold his line but Paal made this possible by the position he took.

I think Laird had popped to see what the new ‘Corner Bar’ was like because he was absolutely no where to be seen. From the moment Paal didn’t make his pass to Johansen, Laird should be busting a gut to get back in. Why his starting position is so high when the ball is on the other side of the pitch is anyone’s guess. Laird looked spent towards the end of the game and not fully match fit.

Goal two - A bit simplier to see the errors. Millwall took a long throw (no surprises here) and the first touch deflected the ball upwards and towards our goal. I think there was an opportunity here for Dieng to come and get something on it. He doesn’t and confusion reigns with two of ours ready to defend it. For some reason, Laird decide the best thing to do is join the melee before making an awful and feeble effort to defend it. Was like watching a juniors game where you encourage them not to be scared of the ball and we shouldn’t expect that from a player making his 50th appearance at Championship level.

Ultimately, it was all very, very, preventable. A bit of leadership, courage, and better positioning, stop both goals with ease. Coachable? Absolutely. Instilling the willingness to be braver? Well that is a harder task.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 11:06]
We won’t go down! on 10:35 - Feb 12 with 2983 viewsstevec

There really shouldn’t be any danger of going down but the sooner the top six or seven breakaway from the rest the better. We need a run of games against sides with nothing to play for, terrible having to think like that but against competitive sides we just don’t look like winning.

Was watching that Millwall side yesterday, talent wise no better than us, but every one of them totally committed to the cause and fighting for each other, a team as one.

It’ll make it tough for Critchley, in terms of talent, but I really believe he’s got to tell Richards, Roberts, Clarke Salter and Balogun they won’t be in the squad whilst he remains as manager. Needs to ask Laird how committed he is to the cause and any hesitation on that, advise him the same.

It’s got to the point where, in terms of desire, I’d only trust about seven or eight of this squad.
We won’t go down! on 10:45 - Feb 12 with 2923 viewsWegerles_Stairs

We won’t go down! on 10:28 - Feb 12 by Dixie_CT

Goal one - Paal under hit a ball down the line which McNamara intercepted and put out for a throw. Paal threw it short to Johansen, who laid it back. Paal then did a feather touch of a pass back to Johansen which Honeyman (busy, impressive, was he on the whiteboard?) easily disrupted.

Paal had a chance to play it to Field but got that wrong and Field lost it to Flemming. At this stage, I thought Field should have taken a yellow card by committing a foul to break up the play.

After this, Dickie has no idea what to do and his indecision meant he made the wrong decision. Dunne and Dozzell would have pressed Fleming enabling Dickie to drop off but he didn’t and gave Watmore (whiteboard?) the freedom of W12 to finish, which he did very well.

To compound Paal’s role, he also plays Watmore onside by dropping deeper than anyone else. Watmore makes a really clever run to get back onside and hold his line but Paal made this possible by the position he took.

I think Laird had popped to see what the new ‘Corner Bar’ was like because he was absolutely no where to be seen. From the moment Paal didn’t make his pass to Johansen, Laird should be busting a gut to get back in. Why his starting position is so high when the ball is on the other side of the pitch is anyone’s guess. Laird looked spent towards the end of the game and not fully match fit.

Goal two - A bit simplier to see the errors. Millwall took a long throw (no surprises here) and the first touch deflected the ball upwards and towards our goal. I think there was an opportunity here for Dieng to come and get something on it. He doesn’t and confusion reigns with two of ours ready to defend it. For some reason, Laird decide the best thing to do is join the melee before making an awful and feeble effort to defend it. Was like watching a juniors game where you encourage them not to be scared of the ball and we shouldn’t expect that from a player making his 50th appearance at Championship level.

Ultimately, it was all very, very, preventable. A bit of leadership, courage, and better positioning, stop both goals with ease. Coachable? Absolutely. Instilling the willingness to be braver? Well that is a harder task.

Says it all that both their goals came from throw-ins. Obviously, one of them was from our throw-in. 🙄

Was furious after that first one as the initial pissing around was right in front of me. A few seconds later and it's in the net. It had been an even contest till then and you're literally handing them a goal on a silver platter. Fill yer boots, lads.
We won’t go down! on 11:07 - Feb 12 with 2844 viewsted_hendrix

Carry on the way we are and we'll go down alright.

On the 22nd Ocober we beat at home (well just about beat at home) Wigan 2-1.

From that crushing victory at home over Wigan on the 22nd October we've played seven further games at home (when I say at home I of course mean fortress Loftus Road) and managed to lose five of them but incredibly hurrah--hurrah we successfully managed to actually gain two points by drawing two games, how fabulous I hear myself say.

On this coming Tuesday night the 14th February our hooped players will fiff and faff about for 97 minutes not quite sure knowing what they're supposed to be doing and lose at home 0-3 to Sunderland, Taylor Richards will come on as a sub in the 60th minute and then be withdrawn in the 62nd minute with a broken toe nail on his big toe on his left foot.

I seriously very seriously fear for our club at the moment.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

We won’t go down! on 11:13 - Feb 12 with 2814 viewsthemodfather

we need 11 pts to get to the magic 50 to stay up, and that seems a long way away. we are in free fall and haven't won in ages, not scoring goals and seem to have hit a wall.
like last season, we were flying, in form then pop! bubble burst and seem flat.
how to motivate us and get a few wins to get confidence back? the fans and support has been amazing .
is it lack of investment from boardroom? yep we have limited funds but did little in the latest window .
We won’t go down! on 11:14 - Feb 12 with 2804 viewsandrew1302

I actually think we might go down. I have been watching QPR since 1968 and i have experienced on several occasions[!] that feeling of collapse. Right now it feels just like that starting as it always seems to with a complete inability to defend. The truth is we are pretty shocking at the back, our midfield is weak especially when Dozzel plays who i do not rate at all and up front we don't seem to have any sense of getting a shot on target. We have Sunderland and Boro during the next week. Get nothing out of those and i think we will be reachable by those below us and we will simply , like so often in the past, show no fight and go down. It is not inevitable but it feels more than possible. The crowd is close to turning and that is the final moment always. And if we do go down i am not sure we are much better than a mid table League 1 side. With all our financial problems it could be even worse. I am sorry but i am very pessimistic. If the next 2 weeks go by without a point i think we will go down. And there will be no points unless we learn to defend as currently we are gifting games away. People have been negative about Martin but he may just do what Dykes doesn't, get into the right positions to score goals. Here again we need to improve our delivery which can be highlighted by our set plays. 9 out of 10 of the balls in are simply dreadful. Sorry but i think we will go down unless Critchley can do something very quickly and if we do go down we will probably be at the level we deserve.
We won’t go down! on 11:16 - Feb 12 with 2792 viewsQPunkR

We won’t go down! on 10:35 - Feb 12 by stevec

There really shouldn’t be any danger of going down but the sooner the top six or seven breakaway from the rest the better. We need a run of games against sides with nothing to play for, terrible having to think like that but against competitive sides we just don’t look like winning.

Was watching that Millwall side yesterday, talent wise no better than us, but every one of them totally committed to the cause and fighting for each other, a team as one.

It’ll make it tough for Critchley, in terms of talent, but I really believe he’s got to tell Richards, Roberts, Clarke Salter and Balogun they won’t be in the squad whilst he remains as manager. Needs to ask Laird how committed he is to the cause and any hesitation on that, advise him the same.

It’s got to the point where, in terms of desire, I’d only trust about seven or eight of this squad.

Where on earth do you get the 7-8 players in this squad that have any desire?!

Imo I can only count Dunne, Chair, Field and maybe a couple of the younglings like Armstrong

QPR - "shit but local"

We won’t go down! on 11:23 - Feb 12 with 2761 viewsRed_Ranger

We won’t go down! on 10:28 - Feb 12 by Dixie_CT

Ive watched both goals back many times.

Goal One - i cant see Paal is playing him onside from the replay. looks like Dickie is , if anyone. Too close to call but looked oFF to me . was directly in line with it at the match and looked off.

Goal Two - Keystone kops.
We won’t go down! on 11:35 - Feb 12 with 2715 viewsdmm

I don't think we'll go down either. Not because of any great resurgence in form, but because even we will get a dozen points in the next 15 games. There are also three teams well below us who arguably are in worse form.

Looking ahead to the summer and next season, we could well be in for a big churn in playing staff with 4/5 loans and 4/5 out of contract players leaving, plus selling 1 or 2 of our prized assets. That's potentially 12 players incoming, although maybe we'll see 1 or 2 youngsters making the step up. Nonetheless, financing these transfers will be a big question facing the board.
We won’t go down! on 12:01 - Feb 12 with 2607 viewsMelakaRanger

We won’t go down! on 11:35 - Feb 12 by dmm

I don't think we'll go down either. Not because of any great resurgence in form, but because even we will get a dozen points in the next 15 games. There are also three teams well below us who arguably are in worse form.

Looking ahead to the summer and next season, we could well be in for a big churn in playing staff with 4/5 loans and 4/5 out of contract players leaving, plus selling 1 or 2 of our prized assets. That's potentially 12 players incoming, although maybe we'll see 1 or 2 youngsters making the step up. Nonetheless, financing these transfers will be a big question facing the board.

I don’t think we will get anywhere near a dozen points. I think we will be lucky to get 5 or 6 from our last 15 games. After all, how have the last 15 games gone? And we are not getting any better.

Our fate lies in the hands of the bottom 4 clubs who currently are just as bad as us. But if a couple of those teams can get 4 or 5 wins from the last 15 matches we are in trouble

Most likely I believe we will end up 4th from bottom
We won’t go down! on 12:32 - Feb 12 with 2510 viewsdmm

We won’t go down! on 12:01 - Feb 12 by MelakaRanger

I don’t think we will get anywhere near a dozen points. I think we will be lucky to get 5 or 6 from our last 15 games. After all, how have the last 15 games gone? And we are not getting any better.

Our fate lies in the hands of the bottom 4 clubs who currently are just as bad as us. But if a couple of those teams can get 4 or 5 wins from the last 15 matches we are in trouble

Most likely I believe we will end up 4th from bottom

If we do end up with getting only 5 or 6 points by the end of the season we'll finish on 44 or 45 points which would have been enough to keep us in the division in 4 out of the last 5 seasons. 4th from bottom would be likely in that scenario.

We've achieved 9 points over the last 15 games so, even if we don't get any better, a final 48 points would see a slightly better finish at around 19th or 20th.
We won’t go down! on 13:24 - Feb 12 with 2360 viewsstanistheman

We won’t go down! on 10:27 - Feb 12 by johnhoop

So who in the next run of fixtures we’ve got coming up can you actually see us beating?
Our form for the last three months has been little short of abysmal. We’re now ten points above the drop zone but the bottom three all have a game in hand on us.
I really hope that somehow Critchley can instil some fight and determination into these players because at the moment we may be in sixteenth position but we’re actually in freefall and the consequences of relegation are not going to be pleasant for anyone at QPR.

We also have to go to Wigan Blackpool & Rotherham so those games could be pivotal to whether we stay up or go down.

I am a bit confident that Martin will score goals for us but the defending needs sorting out.

I would go back to 3 CBs with Field Johansen and Chair in midfield, Lowe and Martin as strikers.
We won’t go down! on 14:01 - Feb 12 with 2257 viewsstainrods_elbow

We won’t go down! on 11:14 - Feb 12 by andrew1302

I actually think we might go down. I have been watching QPR since 1968 and i have experienced on several occasions[!] that feeling of collapse. Right now it feels just like that starting as it always seems to with a complete inability to defend. The truth is we are pretty shocking at the back, our midfield is weak especially when Dozzel plays who i do not rate at all and up front we don't seem to have any sense of getting a shot on target. We have Sunderland and Boro during the next week. Get nothing out of those and i think we will be reachable by those below us and we will simply , like so often in the past, show no fight and go down. It is not inevitable but it feels more than possible. The crowd is close to turning and that is the final moment always. And if we do go down i am not sure we are much better than a mid table League 1 side. With all our financial problems it could be even worse. I am sorry but i am very pessimistic. If the next 2 weeks go by without a point i think we will go down. And there will be no points unless we learn to defend as currently we are gifting games away. People have been negative about Martin but he may just do what Dykes doesn't, get into the right positions to score goals. Here again we need to improve our delivery which can be highlighted by our set plays. 9 out of 10 of the balls in are simply dreadful. Sorry but i think we will go down unless Critchley can do something very quickly and if we do go down we will probably be at the level we deserve.

So you think we might/will/deserve to go down?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024