Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We won’t go down! 09:03 - Feb 12 with 5293 viewswortonranger

Helmet on!
Amazing how things can look different after a reasonable overnight pause for thought and sleep.
Yesterday I watched on a non - functioning official stream from my spot in Denmark, where despair and gloom seemed natural.
However, having been brave enough to watch the highlights it seems that while I was watching a small revolving disc and rebooting my struggling laptop, I missed all of our best stuff. We were well worth at least a draw and the attitude was good, helped in no small way by Martin ( sorry Clive) who has an important element missing from our too nice bunch.
I sense a big result on Tuesday.
Watch this space!
You R’s!
We won’t go down! on 14:09 - Feb 12 with 1307 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I'm reasonably confident that we have enough in the tank to avoid relegation but a big improvement on yesterday's performance is required to get over the line.
We won’t go down! on 14:35 - Feb 12 with 1265 viewsandrew1302

Stainrods elbow i think we might go down and if we do we will have deserved to. A lot i think depends on how good Critchley is. He is already getting a lot of flak but difficult to judge if it is his methods or the players who are at fault. Yesterdays goals were a mess where it is difficult to blame other than the players. More generally i think there is something more fundamental wrong at the club really around the signing of players. Bonne, Dozell etc etc etc . Why do we have to spend big money on these players? Who thought it was a good idea? Les is a striker , surely he looked at Bonne? Did he decide we should spank £2m on a player that the whole crowd knew within 90 minutes was League 1. Too many mistakes in this area which is a bit of a history with QPR . Wilkins use of Ferdinand money as an example. What is the point of being an Academy 2 club as players can still be poached? All that money to lose a starlet for 50k? Why not be an Academy 1? Lots of questions around the running of the club and generally i think there need to be changes here. We cannot afford to make big mistakes signing players who are just not going to make the grade at this level. It is the whole structure of the club that has got us into this position and Fernandes and Ruben need to be ruthless with some of their friends.
We won’t go down! on 14:55 - Feb 12 with 1243 viewsstevec

We won’t go down! on 11:16 - Feb 12 by QPunkR

Where on earth do you get the 7-8 players in this squad that have any desire?!

Imo I can only count Dunne, Chair, Field and maybe a couple of the younglings like Armstrong

Well you might think I’m being a bit generous but aside of the 4 you mention thought Dickie (desire is there, it’s the form that’s gone), Martin (old and well past his best, but always a pro), Paal (he’s decent and tries to keep his head up) and there was an eighth although his name escapes me at the mo.

Fair point though.
We won’t go down! on 15:12 - Feb 12 with 1211 viewsOldPedro

We won’t go down! on 13:24 - Feb 12 by stanistheman

We also have to go to Wigan Blackpool & Rotherham so those games could be pivotal to whether we stay up or go down.

I am a bit confident that Martin will score goals for us but the defending needs sorting out.

I would go back to 3 CBs with Field Johansen and Chair in midfield, Lowe and Martin as strikers.

The problem at the moment with 3 at the back, is that how often are Clarke-Salter or Balogun fit and available at the moment? If one of them was fit and available, then we could go 3 at the back, but that's not looking likely at the moment.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

We won’t go down! on 15:18 - Feb 12 with 1203 viewsBurnleyhoop

We won’t go down! on 11:16 - Feb 12 by QPunkR

Where on earth do you get the 7-8 players in this squad that have any desire?!

Imo I can only count Dunne, Chair, Field and maybe a couple of the younglings like Armstrong

I honestly think Martin might be the saving of this team. We badly need a talisman, the emphasis being on “man”. He could be the leader on the pitch we have been so badly missing. Knows where the onion bag is as well.
We won’t go down! on 15:25 - Feb 12 with 1180 viewsPinnerPaul

We won’t go down! on 11:35 - Feb 12 by dmm

I don't think we'll go down either. Not because of any great resurgence in form, but because even we will get a dozen points in the next 15 games. There are also three teams well below us who arguably are in worse form.

Looking ahead to the summer and next season, we could well be in for a big churn in playing staff with 4/5 loans and 4/5 out of contract players leaving, plus selling 1 or 2 of our prized assets. That's potentially 12 players incoming, although maybe we'll see 1 or 2 youngsters making the step up. Nonetheless, financing these transfers will be a big question facing the board.

Pretty sure we won't need 51 points, 48 should do it.
We won’t go down! on 15:28 - Feb 12 with 1167 viewsPinnerPaul

We won’t go down! on 14:35 - Feb 12 by andrew1302

Stainrods elbow i think we might go down and if we do we will have deserved to. A lot i think depends on how good Critchley is. He is already getting a lot of flak but difficult to judge if it is his methods or the players who are at fault. Yesterdays goals were a mess where it is difficult to blame other than the players. More generally i think there is something more fundamental wrong at the club really around the signing of players. Bonne, Dozell etc etc etc . Why do we have to spend big money on these players? Who thought it was a good idea? Les is a striker , surely he looked at Bonne? Did he decide we should spank £2m on a player that the whole crowd knew within 90 minutes was League 1. Too many mistakes in this area which is a bit of a history with QPR . Wilkins use of Ferdinand money as an example. What is the point of being an Academy 2 club as players can still be poached? All that money to lose a starlet for 50k? Why not be an Academy 1? Lots of questions around the running of the club and generally i think there need to be changes here. We cannot afford to make big mistakes signing players who are just not going to make the grade at this level. It is the whole structure of the club that has got us into this position and Fernandes and Ruben need to be ruthless with some of their friends.

Because players can still be poached from an Academy 1 - we get a little more money, but that's it.

That's one question answered at least!
We won’t go down! on 15:42 - Feb 12 with 1134 viewsWegerles_Stairs

We won’t go down! on 15:12 - Feb 12 by OldPedro

The problem at the moment with 3 at the back, is that how often are Clarke-Salter or Balogun fit and available at the moment? If one of them was fit and available, then we could go 3 at the back, but that's not looking likely at the moment.

Will JC-S be fit on Tuesday? Seems unlikely. Balogun is done - don't think we'll see him again.
Login to get fewer ads

We won’t go down! on 15:56 - Feb 12 with 1110 viewsDejR_vu

We won’t go down! on 15:12 - Feb 12 by OldPedro

You would assume that JCS might grace us with his presence occasionally. Otherwise, I’d try Kakay in as the third CB.

We have to do something with that defence. The goals yesterday, the Hull free-kick. We’re just giving goals away.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

We won’t go down! on 16:08 - Feb 12 with 1086 viewsNorthernr

We won’t go down! on 15:25 - Feb 12 by PinnerPaul

Pretty sure we won't need 51 points, 48 should do it.

51 has only been required in five of the last 26 seasons in this division.

If we need 51 this year we'll be going down IMO. There's nothing in this team at the moment makes me think they're remotely capable of putting that on the board.
We won’t go down! on 16:11 - Feb 12 with 1081 viewsPinnerPaul

We won’t go down! on 16:08 - Feb 12 by Northernr

51 has only been required in five of the last 26 seasons in this division.

If we need 51 this year we'll be going down IMO. There's nothing in this team at the moment makes me think they're remotely capable of putting that on the board.

Not quite so pessimistic but needing another 12 WOULD scare me a bit!
We won’t go down! on 16:23 - Feb 12 with 1059 viewsBushRanger82

I don't think we'll go down, either.

But, it'll be a damn close shave, that's how it looks to me right now.
We won’t go down! on 16:35 - Feb 12 with 1038 viewsBoston

You are what your record says you are.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

We won’t go down! on 16:44 - Feb 12 with 1023 viewsCamberleyR

We won’t go down! on 12:01 - Feb 12 by MelakaRanger

I don’t think we will get anywhere near a dozen points. I think we will be lucky to get 5 or 6 from our last 15 games. After all, how have the last 15 games gone? And we are not getting any better.

Our fate lies in the hands of the bottom 4 clubs who currently are just as bad as us. But if a couple of those teams can get 4 or 5 wins from the last 15 matches we are in trouble

Most likely I believe we will end up 4th from bottom

The bottom three have won 6, 7 and 7 games from their first 30. Fourth bottom Cardiff have won 7 from 31 . They are all averaging less than a point a game and on course to hit 42/43 for the season.

Teams in the bottom three or four by this stage generally won't start hitting near playoffs form. If we can't cobble together a couple of wins and a couple of draws from our last fifteen then we will fully deserve to go down.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

We won’t go down! on 16:49 - Feb 12 with 1009 viewsLowerloftLad

I think we will have a much clearer picture by 5pm Saturday after the boro game.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

We won’t go down! on 18:19 - Feb 12 with 925 viewsMelakaRanger

Agreed. The club is far too “nice” both on and off the field.

The board need to be totally ruthless at the end of the season. Everyone from Hoos, Sir Les and down. And the players too. No hostages!
We won’t go down! on 18:33 - Feb 12 with 898 viewsManinBlack

We won’t go down! on 18:19 - Feb 12 by MelakaRanger

Agreed. The club is far too “nice” both on and off the field.

The board need to be totally ruthless at the end of the season. Everyone from Hoos, Sir Les and down. And the players too. No hostages!

Maybe us fans are too nice too. Rubbish displays but little jeering from the stands. No protests in or outside the ground about how the club is run or any sack the board or Les banners on display. If this was Everton, Southampton, Newcastle or any host of other clubs the fans would be demonstrating about 1 win in 16.

While I get the FFP excuses it is the same for everyone regarding the rules and similar size clubs like Millwall and Luton are in the play off mix. No sulking from Luton players from a manager walking out on them. Our precious lightweights clearly have no character or backbone and melt under pressure.

Our recent home form and failing to win in 15 of 16 matches played is a disgrace yet we suck it up with no protest. Other than the top two, the clubs in this league are bang average yet we can't beat them, we can barely score a goal kicking towards the Loft. I can understand one win in 16 if we were in the Premier league but this league? Bloody Hull, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Blackpool and the like who are woeful and we seem incapable of winning. The only reason our poor display at Huddersfield got us a point was because it was a rare occasion we scored first. Fall behind and its game over...
[Post edited 12 Feb 2023 18:36]
We won’t go down! on 18:36 - Feb 12 with 891 viewsdigswellhoop

well said ny freind we are 💩💩 14 at best
cant remember apert fro sta mrash etx whe haven't had a better squad weve got flair players great keeper but no one to gell them from board down theres no cohesion
as for players they don't care they get paid what ever haappen
We won’t go down! on 19:47 - Feb 12 with 838 viewsenfieldargh

We won’t go down! on 16:44 - Feb 12 by CamberleyR

The bottom three have won 6, 7 and 7 games from their first 30. Fourth bottom Cardiff have won 7 from 31 . They are all averaging less than a point a game and on course to hit 42/43 for the season.

Teams in the bottom three or four by this stage generally won't start hitting near playoffs form. If we can't cobble together a couple of wins and a couple of draws from our last fifteen then we will fully deserve to go down.

another thing about the QPR virus is that when we play teams our stagnant performances and play only goes to spur on our opposition.

This demise could be the boost one of the bottom three needs to set their sights on.

Sadly it only needs a win and a draw to help break that vison incentive for the strugglers but I cant see this team actually managing to get 3 points again this season so bum squeak time for sure

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

We won’t go down! on 19:47 - Feb 12 with 838 viewsRuislipHoop

I don’t understand why we have any form of Academy,surely the cost of operating it out ways the benefits we get from it.CR has been employed since 2015,how many Academy players have come thru to the 1st team squad or been sold at a profit.
We won’t go down! on 20:05 - Feb 12 with 797 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We won’t go down! on 19:47 - Feb 12 by RuislipHoop

I don’t understand why we have any form of Academy,surely the cost of operating it out ways the benefits we get from it.CR has been employed since 2015,how many Academy players have come thru to the 1st team squad or been sold at a profit.

30 is the answer to the last question.
We won’t go down! on 20:18 - Feb 12 with 765 viewsRuislipHoop

We won’t go down! on 20:05 - Feb 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not sure that 30 answers the question.4 Academy players every year on average,really ? But does that equate to running an Academy.
We won’t go down! on 21:38 - Feb 12 with 699 viewsNorthernr

We won’t go down! on 20:05 - Feb 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

You have to go through some pretty spectacular mental gymnastics to get to 30 though. Deshane Dalling, Aaron Drewe, Murphy Mahoney, Bettache, Gubbins, Oteh, Owens all have to be counted to get you there, and nobody in their right mind would count these kids as successful graduations from youth team to first team, or a graduation from youth team to first team at all - more, in fact, indicative of the failure.
We won’t go down! on 22:32 - Feb 12 with 635 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We won’t go down! on 21:38 - Feb 12 by Northernr

You have to go through some pretty spectacular mental gymnastics to get to 30 though. Deshane Dalling, Aaron Drewe, Murphy Mahoney, Bettache, Gubbins, Oteh, Owens all have to be counted to get you there, and nobody in their right mind would count these kids as successful graduations from youth team to first team, or a graduation from youth team to first team at all - more, in fact, indicative of the failure.

30 shite players is better than 0 players shite or otherwise.

We quickly forget the fifteen year gap between Langley and Lumley or whatever it was.
We won’t go down! on 23:26 - Feb 12 with 578 viewsE17hoop

We're 33/1 to be relegated, with 10 teams shorter than us.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024