Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tim Iroegbunam 12:36 - Feb 28 with 7611 viewsstantheman10

Isn't it time we gave him a break from all the grief he is getting.
The lad is 19 and has only made 28 senior appearances for us and Villa combined and because of the hype instilled on him by Prick Bile he was expected to be a wonder kid for us.
As Clive is constantly commenting on, players in this standard need at least to have made 50 appearances in competitive matches to be consistent.
The boy is obviously suffering zero confidence and is playing in a team in terrible form so is it any wonder that he is struggling. In an ideal world he would be taken out of the firing line for a few weeks and used as a sub to try and take the pressure off him.

Tim Iroegbunam on 21:20 - Feb 28 with 1874 viewsdavman

Sheesh. The kid has given up and, the goal aside, which he couldn't miss, he was disgraceful on Saturday as he has been for a good few games now.

A waste of space that isn't even ours.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Tim Iroegbunam on 21:22 - Feb 28 with 1870 viewsHayesender

Dixon-Bonner has been on the bench the last couple of games. Anyone know what sort of player he is?

Or is he just another soft as shite academy baby?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Tim Iroegbunam on 21:28 - Feb 28 with 1860 viewsDorse

Tim Iroegbunam on 21:22 - Feb 28 by Hayesender

Dixon-Bonner has been on the bench the last couple of games. Anyone know what sort of player he is?

Any child of Kerry and Pat should be a decent rush goalie.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tim Iroegbunam on 21:28 - Feb 28 with 1860 viewsterryb

The club & ourselves won't know unless he is actually given time on the pitch!
Tim Iroegbunam on 21:35 - Feb 28 with 1835 viewsFredManRave

Tim Iroegbunam on 14:07 - Feb 28 by Lblock

My God!

If Amos is the answer then Gawd 'elp us!

Mate, maybe the question was;

What's the suname of the singer of the '96 dance classic Professional Widow?

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Tim Iroegbunam on 21:49 - Feb 28 with 1798 viewsmonners1969

Tim Iroegbunam on 13:30 - Feb 28 by Northernr

I'm genuinely starting to think I mistakenly go to a different part of town on Saturdays and watch another team.

The important point here is that we don’t bloody own him - our loan addiction is what is killing this club
Tim Iroegbunam on 22:05 - Feb 28 with 1767 viewsnumptydumpty

Thought he had decent first half and took his goal well

And has been said he is still only 19.

If he was actually our player think he would not get ridiculous abuse on this forum.

For a 19 year old he is doing a reasonable job.

Boo boys always seem to have a bad boy.

There are plenty worse than him in our line up.

Guessing he definitely gets more stick if he has average games as we developing someone else's player. Eze was definitely average at 19.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Tim Iroegbunam on 22:12 - Feb 28 with 1738 viewsdavman

Tim Iroegbunam on 22:05 - Feb 28 by numptydumpty

Thought he had decent first half and took his goal well

And has been said he is still only 19.

If he was actually our player think he would not get ridiculous abuse on this forum.

For a 19 year old he is doing a reasonable job.

Boo boys always seem to have a bad boy.

There are plenty worse than him in our line up.

Guessing he definitely gets more stick if he has average games as we developing someone else's player. Eze was definitely average at 19.

Dozzell and Kakay are the real boo boys here - Timmy gets away quite lightly IMO. No better than Dozzell on this seasons showing in my books. Show pony. When he performed he was miles away from the oppos goal to be dangerous - ZERO assists ZERO goals 'til Saturday. Responsible for at least three goals by not tracking.

Clearly no worse than Dozzell, but I see little to think he's any better.

Still, both of them are far, far better than the workshy lot - Balogun, Laird, Roberts, JCS - utterly disgraceful how they get to draw a wage contributing NOTHING.

Can we go out yet?

Login to get fewer ads

Tim Iroegbunam on 22:13 - Feb 28 with 1738 viewstraininvain

Tim Iroegbunam on 21:20 - Feb 28 by davman

Sheesh. The kid has given up and, the goal aside, which he couldn't miss, he was disgraceful on Saturday as he has been for a good few games now.

Even if he has given up (which i don’t think is fair btw) you still need to address the problem of who starts ahead of him. Take your pick out of the following:

Dozzell - anonymous to the point that you sometimes don’t even realise he’s on the pitch until after half time. At least Tim has a bit of presence about him unlike Dozzell.

Amos - generally unavailable this season but a viable alternative if fit but let’s see how long he’s available this time.

Richards - see above re Amos but even worse. Tim gets stick but at least he’s available week in week out unlike this complete non contributor.

We’re not exactly spoilt for choice. Perhaps that’ll change with the return of Amos but he’s hardly mr reliable.
Tim Iroegbunam on 22:16 - Feb 28 with 1728 viewsaston_hoop

I thought he was supposed to be not dissimilar to Amos in that he presses and carries. Its a shame we can't see more of the B team games really to find out.

On academy lads though, Tim came through the same WBA academy as Sam Field before he was signed by Villa, Jimmy Dunne spent 10 years at Manchester Utd to the age of 19, Chris Willock from Arsenal. Nasty bastards at our level include Ben Pearson (Manchester Utd), Lewis Travis (Liverpool) and Jack Cork (Chelsea). Its perhaps not quite true to say they're all soft because of the environment they learned football, I know we're all very guilty and me included of judging a player well before they've had proper exposure to the adult game. I suppose what I am saying is its all on the individual and the exposure to the game they have once they're with a club like us

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Tim Iroegbunam on 22:17 - Feb 28 with 1724 viewsnumptydumpty

Dozell is million times worse than Tim.

So lazy, dreadful body language and never looks up so the pass is always a short one backwards and bottles challenges too.

Amos clearly can be decent but sadly for us and him, he is permanently injured and think that's always going to be the way for him.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Tim Iroegbunam on 22:20 - Feb 28 with 1713 viewstraininvain

Tim Iroegbunam on 22:12 - Feb 28 by davman

Dozzell and Kakay are the real boo boys here - Timmy gets away quite lightly IMO. No better than Dozzell on this seasons showing in my books. Show pony. When he performed he was miles away from the oppos goal to be dangerous - ZERO assists ZERO goals 'til Saturday. Responsible for at least three goals by not tracking.

Clearly no worse than Dozzell, but I see little to think he's any better.

Still, both of them are far, far better than the workshy lot - Balogun, Laird, Roberts, JCS - utterly disgraceful how they get to draw a wage contributing NOTHING.

Disagree re Dozzell who seems happy to coast through games doing very little to avoid making mistakes. At least Tim shows for the ball and tries to make things happen which is often his undoing while the likes of Dozzell hide.

Case in point, when has Dozzell had any kind of noteworthy impact on a game like Tim did vs Reading at home and Preston away? Both motm performances if I remember correctly.

Tim’s a youngster making mistakes playing in a struggling team but has made contributions this season. Dozzell’s had two seasons with us and I’m afraid he’s a league one footballer.
Tim Iroegbunam on 23:23 - Feb 28 with 1654 viewsdavman

Tim Iroegbunam on 22:20 - Feb 28 by traininvain

Disagree re Dozzell who seems happy to coast through games doing very little to avoid making mistakes. At least Tim shows for the ball and tries to make things happen which is often his undoing while the likes of Dozzell hide.

Case in point, when has Dozzell had any kind of noteworthy impact on a game like Tim did vs Reading at home and Preston away? Both motm performances if I remember correctly.

Tim’s a youngster making mistakes playing in a struggling team but has made contributions this season. Dozzell’s had two seasons with us and I’m afraid he’s a league one footballer.

I'm not going to defend Dozzell on here as he has been poor, but you are being generous saying that Timmy has "made contributions" - two or three moments in a season is not good enough for what we're paying when he is not ours. Even Dozzell got the assist of the season last year v Cardiff (a).

Both extremely poor and under par this season.

Can we go out yet?

Tim Iroegbunam on 00:05 - Mar 1 with 1604 viewstraininvain

Tim Iroegbunam on 23:23 - Feb 28 by davman

I'm not going to defend Dozzell on here as he has been poor, but you are being generous saying that Timmy has "made contributions" - two or three moments in a season is not good enough for what we're paying when he is not ours. Even Dozzell got the assist of the season last year v Cardiff (a).

Both extremely poor and under par this season.

The problem is that ‘our’ players haven’t even been able to contribute two motm performances. I’m talking about Dozzell, Amos, Richards etc. The last two have been MIA most of the season which makes Tim an easy target as he’s been available week in week out.

Tim’s far from perfect and he’s made plenty of mistakes but he’s given more for the team this season than the aforementioned and he doesn’t even have a long term future at the club. What does that say about the others.
Tim Iroegbunam on 05:23 - Mar 1 with 1537 viewsQPROslo

Tim Iroegbunam on 21:20 - Feb 28 by davman

We regularly miss chances like Tim put away Saturday. He struck it perfectly first time hard into the corner, in the small gap between a defender on or near their goal line and the post. We need him and every available player between now and the end of the season, and each and everyone of them need our full support not just at the games but also on these message boards and other social media well. The players are clearly lacking self confidence, and confidence in each other, especially defensively. Building that back up again is Gareth and his coaches/psychologist biggest challenge. All these venomous comments are unnecessary and certainly arent going to help anyones self confidence if they read or hear of this sort of sh*te, which surely they do hear one way or the other.
Tim Iroegbunam on 10:31 - Mar 1 with 1416 viewswombat

Tim Iroegbunam on 21:08 - Feb 28 by Hunterhoop

I’d go 352. That works best with the players available now:

–––––––Dieng
Dickie Gubbins Dunne
Kakay Paal
Field Johansen
Amos
Martin Lowe

Adomah covers Kakay
Richards can cover Amos (Tim too)
Dozzell covers Field and Johansen
Amos could drop deeper and Tim play at 10.
You get 3 centre halves in the pitch to shore up he defence.
You get two centre forwards on the pitch to offer more threat.

I actually think Martin and Lowe are going well suited to playing together as a front 2. Hard to defend high or deep against them.

Obviously ideally Balogun or JCS would be available but they are not, so make do. Gubbins needs to play. We’re losing as it is, and often conceding 3. It can’t get much worse!

id change that and have kakay as a wonger with albert behind him as full back ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Tim Iroegbunam on 11:11 - Mar 1 with 1373 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I'm hoping once Les is gone that Gareth will be able to get in the type of players he needs to make us competitive in this league.

Tim is clearly a talented player but he is far too casual and a luxury we can't afford at this point in time. If he were our own player, it would be understandable but to be developing other clubs' players - and seemingly punished financially if he doesn't play - is crazy.

His immaturity showed in his recent tweet about being pleased to score his first goal and sheepishly mentioning that it was a shame we lost. I get that he's proud to achieve that but he's been part of an appalling run of 1 win in 19, so maybe don't make such a big deal about finally scoring a goal when we've just been turned over again at home.
Tim Iroegbunam on 11:14 - Mar 1 with 1369 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I should add that I totally agree that it's not like we have anyone better to play in midfield - that really is how bad things are at the moment.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:11 - Mar 1 with 1293 viewsderbyhoop

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tim Iroegbunam on 13:23 - Mar 1 with 1278 viewsNorthernr

In his defence, I do think we're misusing him, or have for much of his stay. He's not a defensive central midfielder, he's just not, you only have to look at the goals we've conceded where people run off him - Luton H etc. Dave Mc used to say Faurlin let people run off his back, Iroegbunam lets them run off his front, he wouldn't sense danger if you lit a fire under his foot.

He has shown on occasions - Reading H, Preston A, Blackburn H - an ability to drive forward and create a goalscoring chance or score one himself as he did on Saturday and almost at Deepdale. We've been crying out for that in central midfield for so long, Amos the only one really for five minutes last season showing the ability to get in the box and score goals. The goal on Saturday was a rare example of somebody looking up to cross a ball and not seeing one QPR player in the box versus a goalkeeper and four defenders. We need to use him like this if we're going to use him, particularly now with no Willock or Chair.

Whether he's stopped trying or lost confidence, it once again shows the problem of doing loan deals where you're financially penalised for not picking them - Les admitted in our interview this was the case for some of them this year, and I think it's pretty obvious Tim is one of those given he plays every week regardless. Ideally you'd probably have taken him out for a few weeks after his shocker at Hull, he is only 19 at the end of the day, but we can't do it. Beale spending all summer banging on and on about all these boys he knew that we could get on loan, we've basically gone to Villa arsehole in hand and done a daft deal for what is essentially a child learning the game.
Tim Iroegbunam on 13:42 - Mar 1 with 1204 viewspaulparker

Tim Iroegbunam on 21:08 - Feb 28 by Hunterhoop

I’d go 352. That works best with the players available now:

–––––––Dieng
Dickie Gubbins Dunne
Kakay Paal
Field Johansen
Amos
Martin Lowe

Adomah covers Kakay
Richards can cover Amos (Tim too)
Dozzell covers Field and Johansen
Amos could drop deeper and Tim play at 10.
You get 3 centre halves in the pitch to shore up he defence.
You get two centre forwards on the pitch to offer more threat.

I actually think Martin and Lowe are going well suited to playing together as a front 2. Hard to defend high or deep against them.

Obviously ideally Balogun or JCS would be available but they are not, so make do. Gubbins needs to play. We’re losing as it is, and often conceding 3. It can’t get much worse!

Reaching levels of the 2001/01 team there

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tim Iroegbunam on 13:46 - Mar 1 with 1189 viewsNorthernr

Tim Iroegbunam on 13:42 - Mar 1 by paulparker

Reaching levels of the 2001/01 team there

The big comparisons with that season for me are...

- injuries. Particularly the two best players in the team getting crocked at the same time.
- the fact the previous season had actually gone well after a long period of drek, and we were optimistic we were heading in the right direction.
- reliant on way too many players who knew they wouldn't be there the following season.
- the weird and wonderful collection of mostly crap strikers. We used Ngonge, Peschisolido, Lisbie, Furlong, Crouch, Kiwomya, Koejoe, Thomson and others that season. Ten years time we could be talking about Roberts, Richards, Martin, Lowe, Dykes etc in the same tones.
Tim Iroegbunam on 14:05 - Mar 1 with 1154 viewsLongRanger

He's clearly a talented lad, but reality is 19 year olds do well in teams that are doing well, they struggle in teams that are struggling, I couldn't name 5 who have dragged their team out of a bad patch(forget superstars like rooney, mbappe etc) its just the way it is

We should be renegotiating that ridiculous financial penalty with villa for not playing him, as right now playing him is probably doing him no good at all and not helping us much either
Tim Iroegbunam on 16:49 - Mar 1 with 1073 viewstraininvain

Tim Iroegbunam on 13:23 - Mar 1 by Northernr

In his defence, I do think we're misusing him, or have for much of his stay. He's not a defensive central midfielder, he's just not, you only have to look at the goals we've conceded where people run off him - Luton H etc. Dave Mc used to say Faurlin let people run off his back, Iroegbunam lets them run off his front, he wouldn't sense danger if you lit a fire under his foot.

He has shown on occasions - Reading H, Preston A, Blackburn H - an ability to drive forward and create a goalscoring chance or score one himself as he did on Saturday and almost at Deepdale. We've been crying out for that in central midfield for so long, Amos the only one really for five minutes last season showing the ability to get in the box and score goals. The goal on Saturday was a rare example of somebody looking up to cross a ball and not seeing one QPR player in the box versus a goalkeeper and four defenders. We need to use him like this if we're going to use him, particularly now with no Willock or Chair.

Whether he's stopped trying or lost confidence, it once again shows the problem of doing loan deals where you're financially penalised for not picking them - Les admitted in our interview this was the case for some of them this year, and I think it's pretty obvious Tim is one of those given he plays every week regardless. Ideally you'd probably have taken him out for a few weeks after his shocker at Hull, he is only 19 at the end of the day, but we can't do it. Beale spending all summer banging on and on about all these boys he knew that we could get on loan, we've basically gone to Villa arsehole in hand and done a daft deal for what is essentially a child learning the game.

Agree with all of this but wasn’t Tim taken off vs Hull and didn’t feature for the next couple of games?

Might be mistaken but I seem to recall him being dropped and we looked even sh1tter without him so he was brought back into the team a few games ago.

Probably another damning indictment of our set up / DOF that we’re reliant on a young loanee to this extent due to lack of other options. Richards was a poor signing last summer and Dozzell just isn’t up to it. Perhaps unlucky with injuries re Amos but he’s not show himself to be reliable during his time at the club.

Too often we’re in this situation with emergency loan goalkeepers last season, Chris Martin needed to plug a gap upfront this season and our midfield reliant upon a young loanee whose confidence has been slowly crushed. It’s a pattern and I can’t help but think that the buck stops with Sir Les as DOF.
Tim Iroegbunam on 16:55 - Mar 1 with 1061 viewsNorthernr

Tim Iroegbunam on 16:49 - Mar 1 by traininvain

Agree with all of this but wasn’t Tim taken off vs Hull and didn’t feature for the next couple of games?

Might be mistaken but I seem to recall him being dropped and we looked even sh1tter without him so he was brought back into the team a few games ago.

Probably another damning indictment of our set up / DOF that we’re reliant on a young loanee to this extent due to lack of other options. Richards was a poor signing last summer and Dozzell just isn’t up to it. Perhaps unlucky with injuries re Amos but he’s not show himself to be reliable during his time at the club.

Too often we’re in this situation with emergency loan goalkeepers last season, Chris Martin needed to plug a gap upfront this season and our midfield reliant upon a young loanee whose confidence has been slowly crushed. It’s a pattern and I can’t help but think that the buck stops with Sir Les as DOF.

Well he was a used sub in the next game v Hudds and unused v Millwall but then back. I think ideally, 19 year old in that situation, you take him out for 6 weeks or so. But we can't because of the deal, and because there's nobody else, you're relying on a kid fighting through a bad patch in a bad team having only played 30 games in his life. Less than ideal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024