Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday morning sofa sanity 10:19 - Apr 2 with 2295 viewswortonranger

Where’s that tin hat?
1. Wasn’t at the game. Watched from Denmark. Was as fed up as everyone else.
2. There’s a serious need for cool heads here.
3. Actually we played slightly better in some respects.
4 generally defended well
5 Balugan had a decent 85 minutes
6 players were coming back from long lay offs. Obvious rustiness.
7 Willock and Chair looked much more like their old selves ( albeit in limited time)
8 We are far from down and there are points to be had in every fixture if we can stay in the game
9 I understand collective disgust at perceived bad attitudes but we are stuck with them for the next few weeks
10 So we must stick with them with positive passion ( as I heard many doing yesterday). This is a collective effort guys so let’s get behind the team and pick up the pieces when we know what league we are in next time around. We’ll still be there won’t we?
Sunday morning sofa sanity on 10:24 - Apr 2 with 2226 viewsJames_Paddocks

The standard of that match would've offended the lower reaches of League 1.
Sunday morning sofa sanity on 10:27 - Apr 2 with 2195 viewspaulparker

“Let’s get behind the team “

We have mate , and they show fcuk all fight to get out of this mess that they helped create
Wigan, Blackpool & Birmingham are woeful and we lost to all 3 without any effort, drive or commitment, that dressing room is pathetic and toxic , the last set of players we had like that was with Redknob and before that Olly with the team of 2000-01
Whatever league we are in next year we need a massive overhaul, DOF , coaches & players a lot of them need showing the door
I trust Ainsworth to find us some gems but I don’t trust this board not to fcuk things up again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 10:32 - Apr 2 with 2148 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 10:27 - Apr 2 by paulparker

“Let’s get behind the team “

We have mate , and they show fcuk all fight to get out of this mess that they helped create
Wigan, Blackpool & Birmingham are woeful and we lost to all 3 without any effort, drive or commitment, that dressing room is pathetic and toxic , the last set of players we had like that was with Redknob and before that Olly with the team of 2000-01
Whatever league we are in next year we need a massive overhaul, DOF , coaches & players a lot of them need showing the door
I trust Ainsworth to find us some gems but I don’t trust this board not to fcuk things up again

Don't forget Rotherham. Four six-pointers under Ainsworth and we've deserved to lose them all. He's looking like the worst appointment made under these owners, which is really saying something. Dreading Good Friday already - we could be crucified.
Sunday morning sofa sanity on 10:56 - Apr 2 with 2038 viewsted_hendrix

Good luck to anybody who can pick any positives from yesterday.
We have seven games left and as far as I can see If all seven games were against the current bottom club Wigan we'd probably end up losing all seven games conceding a penalty In each game.
It goes on and on and on.
Nothing has changed and nor will It.
Our fans have stuck with this rabble through thick and bloody thin and what makes It worse Is one of our so called players had the f ucking cheek at the end of the game to insult our fans whilst another one of our so called hypochondriac players was asleep In the changing room having a nice rest.
As far as I'm concerned the whole lot of them players (players LOL) can get f ucked, enough already.
Roll on bloody August when we can do It all again.
As for the here and now, there Is no here and now.

Useless bastards.

Weekend wrecking useless bastards.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 12:29 - Apr 2 with 1861 viewsDorse

There is a positive to take from this: the fans HAVE stuck with the team even if though it has let them down. I know we're weaker than warm Carling in plastic cups but the fans are still putting themselves in harm's way every damned week.

They deserve campaign medals for this season. I propose the FAM (Fleetwood Away Medal) or the Critchley Cross (for those who attended all his games).

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 12:47 - Apr 2 with 1810 viewshubble

I don't get the 'must' in the OP. Why must we stick with them? I don't think that's sofa sanity, I think that's sofa insanity. Keep doing something you really don't enjoy so that maybe you can enjoy something in a hypothetical future that doesn't exist.

Similarly, why is there a need for cool heads? What's wrong with venting your anger? Which is healthier? At the end of the day, it's all about choice. You can choose to be angry, or upset, or cool-headed, but none of those postions are prerequisites for success of the team on the pitch. That is pretty much out of our control. Of course a positive crowd can lift a team, but come on, there's supporting your team and then there's masochism. And the way things have gone this season, you're advocating for masochism!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 13:12 - Apr 2 with 1754 viewsessextaxiboy

Since New Year we have averaged nearly 15500 for home games(around 85% capacity)

The loyal away support numbers are holding up despite some long trips and living costs going up .

I think the support has stuck with them and has been let down badly
Sunday morning sofa sanity on 13:15 - Apr 2 with 1735 viewsNorthernr

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 13:12 - Apr 2 by essextaxiboy

Since New Year we have averaged nearly 15500 for home games(around 85% capacity)

The loyal away support numbers are holding up despite some long trips and living costs going up .

I think the support has stuck with them and has been let down badly

Same. I'm amazed the support has held up to the extent it has in both number and mood. Yesterday was the first time it really turned, and even then only at full time. Even at Blackpool the crowd stuck with them.
Login to get fewer ads

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 13:24 - Apr 2 with 1713 viewsPaddyhoops

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 13:15 - Apr 2 by Northernr

Same. I'm amazed the support has held up to the extent it has in both number and mood. Yesterday was the first time it really turned, and even then only at full time. Even at Blackpool the crowd stuck with them.

I wonder what the figures are for Friday crowd wise . I should imagine being holiday time it will be near enough full from our point of view .
Question is can we go ten minutes without conceding. If we can who knows?
If we can’t I can hear “ a sack the board” coming through very quickly.
Sunday morning sofa sanity on 13:32 - Apr 2 with 1667 viewscharmr

I miss going to football, the atmosphere, an adventure of sorts with long term friends etc.

Watching it many thousand miles away on a lap top and witnessing the poorest of poor standard of football is a hard watch.
Sunday morning sofa sanity on 14:15 - Apr 2 with 1600 viewsdavman

Not sure I stuck with them at Blackpool.

At 2 down, I was angry, at 3 Apoplectic, but then at 4 numb and I've felt pretty much the same since then.

It is an awful feeling. As soon as Balogun got off his deathbed to first lose a footrace, then lose the ball, then lose his head, I felt that was it. Their back four spent 10 minutes giving the ball back to us and did not get excited as it was inevitable we would not score. The only other time I felt emotion was whenever Gavin f-in Ward made a decision and then when Paal (who I think has been pretty poor bar 3 or 4 games this season) got to the byline and produced his "cross".

I guess this numbness is something like depression. QPR just make me shrug my shoulders. Nothing I can do can change anything at the club, so it is what it is; I have other things I can influence that demand my energy.

Desperately, desperately sad though.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 14:52 - Apr 2 with 1528 viewsSonofpugwash

Buying a ticket to watch this shit show is the footballing equivalent of buying a book in order to burn it.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 15:10 - Apr 2 with 1482 viewswortonranger

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 12:47 - Apr 2 by hubble

I don't get the 'must' in the OP. Why must we stick with them? I don't think that's sofa sanity, I think that's sofa insanity. Keep doing something you really don't enjoy so that maybe you can enjoy something in a hypothetical future that doesn't exist.

Similarly, why is there a need for cool heads? What's wrong with venting your anger? Which is healthier? At the end of the day, it's all about choice. You can choose to be angry, or upset, or cool-headed, but none of those postions are prerequisites for success of the team on the pitch. That is pretty much out of our control. Of course a positive crowd can lift a team, but come on, there's supporting your team and then there's masochism. And the way things have gone this season, you're advocating for masochism!

I chose the wrong word there in “ must”. I guess Im thinking what the best way is to get through to the end of the season for the club in order that we have got something to look forward to.. which I think is the great appeal of supporting a “ proper” team like we all do. I recognise that we all have different versions of what that “ fix” means in practice. Whilst I may be clutching at straws I’ll admit that a season in division 1 offers some appeal, provided we are still enough of a club to be able to win more than we lose and provide some games that are enjoyable to watch.
Sunday morning sofa sanity on 15:14 - Apr 2 with 1454 viewsBoston

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 10:32 - Apr 2 by Wegerles_Stairs

Don't forget Rotherham. Four six-pointers under Ainsworth and we've deserved to lose them all. He's looking like the worst appointment made under these owners, which is really saying something. Dreading Good Friday already - we could be crucified.

It could be a long day.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 15:25 - Apr 2 with 1414 viewsBoston

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 12:47 - Apr 2 by hubble

I've gone for despondency.

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 16:06 - Apr 2 with 1356 viewsBoston

Sunday morning sofa sanity on 13:32 - Apr 2 by charmr

I miss going to football, the atmosphere, an adventure of sorts with long term friends etc.

Watching it many thousand miles away on a lap top and witnessing the poorest of poor standard of football is a hard watch.

Simple solution, just listen to the commentary. Explain to your work mates, who don't speak English as a first language, the subtle nuances unappreciated by those unfamiliar with audio coverage. Gently describe how unfair the rules of the game are in Britain if a third division side has the temerity to win a major trophy, how this is held against you for generations and how incompetant people are then allowed to administer the day to day running of the club.
By the final whistle, regardless of the scoreline, they're all cheering for us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024