Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TF It's over - Match Thread 12:53 - May 7 with 29124 viewsdavman

So I might be the only one who can't make tomorrow, so let's start a pointless Match Thread.

The team selection will be interesting. Ainsworth intimated that players who have not had minutes will get some, but who?

Willock maybe, but why play him now? Roberts? Only if we really are going to be signing him. Richards? Again, if we're signing him anyway, what's the point now? Armstrong? Most probably? Drewe? Had time, not good enough IMO. JCS - got to prove he can do 90 without incidence, surely? Owens? Hahahahahahahahahaha.... Mahoney? Maybe if Seny is off? Those "stars" (stop laughing at the back) in the B team? Dozzell / Johansen - possibly, but Ainsworth ball doesn't work well for them.

Or is it all a bluff and we get a 4-4-2 with Dykes and Martin upfront?

I think it'll be huff and puff and a defeat to finish our record breaking home form we've seen this season...

Have fun all you lucky people who will be there...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:50 - May 8 with 2009 viewsqprd

pls take off martin in the second half... cant take watching another ball trampoling off his head
TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:50 - May 8 with 1987 viewsGloucs_R

This is hard to watch. Absolutely no threat at all. Walking pace.

Poll: Are we staying up?

TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:51 - May 8 with 1979 viewsBrianMcCarthy

HT.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:52 - May 8 with 1895 viewsThaiHoop

TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:44 - May 8 by Toast_R

Given up on the stream, too much buffering.
Now watching Millwall giving Blackburn a good going over

The one Metallica posted is working perfectly, try that one 😊
TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:53 - May 8 with 1849 viewsSK_hoops

Millwall 3-1 up with 29% possession. They've obviously watched our last two games.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:53 - May 8 with 1839 viewsandrew1302

Well i don't know a lot but virtually every touch by Martin and Adomah were awful. Ainsworth says they are great but to me you can see why BC let Martin go and Adomah is simply well past it. We have no pace up front and unfortunately also noone who can control the ball. They are 15th and look streets ahead of us. Let us hope something is said in the break as more of that would be depressing.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:54 - May 8 with 1814 viewsDorse

Gone flat as a plate of piss since the goal. Gaz needs to remind them why they're here.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:54 - May 8 with 1809 viewsqprd

think qpr were unlucky to go behind when they did... having said that, its been absolutely pathetic since we conceded. totally flat

chris martin has been atrocious. ineffective, sloppy... surprise surprise from a player who barely could cut it at bristol city earlier this season- cant continue to keep flogging a dead horse

dykes was decent... amos energetic

honestly, its hard to tell who else has played well b/c we've been on the ball so little

adomah has been finding himself on the ball a lot and in the middle of things... but hes clearly spent

chair has been marginalised in this system, which is a shame...
Login to get fewer ads

TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:57 - May 8 with 1730 viewsMatch82

Not the best. At least there's some effort but not much in the way of quality. Even game though, City aren't much better.

Might be the camera angle but was there a hint of offside in their goal? The scorer seemed way closer than any of our players to the goal and it looked like it was hit forward. Haven't seen it mentioned though so perhaps someone was playing him on from the other side.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:57 - May 8 with 1722 viewsdavman

TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:50 - May 8 by Gloucs_R

This is hard to watch. Absolutely no threat at all. Walking pace.

That's the frustrating bit for me. After today they get two months off. We can use FIVE subs. Fcking run yourselves into the ground to try to get something back. They have succeeded in killing the game since Albert's assist and we do not seem to be doing anything about it. Get in their faces, make it difficult for them, but no chance of that with this band of "the right sorts" we religiously recruit.

How bad is Adomah though? Shocking half in line with his recent performances. If he genuinely loves the club, walk away in the summer please along with 80% of that squad.

Woeful individuals.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:57 - May 8 with 1713 viewsQPRSteve

Awful stuff to watch. No midfield yet again. Poor old Chair is isolated whenever he gets the ball. Albert needs hooking for Willock and Martin also needs to come off - either to add another body in midfield of to bring on Lowe.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:59 - May 8 with 1667 viewsMalintabuk

Well.........that was pretty much business as usual for us, not very good.
Even before the goal we never really looked that composed. Bristol are without doubt a fair way ahead of us. As I thought that midfield we have out is woeful, Amos, Uncs are basically non existent in there, and I wish Uncs had stayed non existent after that horrendous attempt of a clearance
So after that we did nothing and we seem to have regressed back to where we were a few weeks back. No real ideas, no real direction and Pearson is light years ahead of GA in this game
What to do, well if you hook both Uncs and Amos and brought me on I think I would improve us. We have to change from this 4-4-2 as we are so narrow in this banks of 4 and being picked off wide
Must bring Lowe on for Uncs and if Jo Jo can be @rsed bring him on as well. Willock as gone so not a lot of sense bringing him on, but you never know he might want a swansong with us
All in all pretty grim
TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:59 - May 8 with 1665 viewsted_hendrix

Millwall and Coventry currently In the play-offs, there but for the grace of whatshisname.

Lets call the whole thing off or name me a club In this league that would have Albert Adomah In the starting line up.

Nothing personal against Adomah you understand but strewth next season Is gonna be major tough unless we perform miracles In the close season.

Let It end please.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:59 - May 8 with 1641 viewsstainrods_elbow

TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:47 - May 8 by distortR

As Bristol City realise just how much space is available to them on the wings.

A few flurries, and we looked a bit freer and happier before they scored, but, overall, we flattered to deceive with a tired, tried and mostly failed side. Nothing on target, barely 30% possession, and a 12th defeat at HQ this season one half away unless we can do what we don't do and score at the Loft end for once in a blue moon - its shocking really.
Where's the new blood? If GA's selection was an attempt to reward the team for not sinking, what's in it for us fans?

Sadly, Albert shouldn't be starting and needs a taxi with our best regards - I'd hook him at h/t to save his blushes.

One commendable if flukey win at Burnley, and an excruciating three points at Stoke, shouldn't give us any more than a grimace of grim satisfaction that we're staying up by the skin of our teeth. Most of these players just aren't good, sharp or fit enough, and I only hope we have some head room for investment and a head coach with the cojones to purge the patient.

We don't need evolution - we need a revolution!
[Post edited 8 May 2023 16:02]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:00 - May 8 with 1662 viewsBurnleyhoop

Laird and Paul the best of a sorry, pitiful, mediocre bunch. If Willock can’t get into this team he must have seriously pissed Ainsworth off. Surely must be fit by now.

Thank God there is only 45 mins to go before we are put out of our misery.

Awful, truly awful season.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:04 - May 8 with 1556 viewsqprd

i injured my ankle playing cricket ystd so gave away my tickets... offered them to a mate for free, but somehow feel bad for having subjected them to this

would encourage everyone to watch the crowds when they zoom in for throw ins... so many, angry disappointed fans, many with arms crossed...

if we lose this 1-0 or 2-0 with this lineup, everyone will go home miserable... if we had lost 1-0 or 2-0, but we saw the likes of aroha or pedder or gubbins running around for 20, 30 mins, i think a negative result wouldve been a lot better to stomach... instead, the fans who endured so much this season get to watch chris martin play head tennis with the supporters in the paddocks...

so much for looking to the future...
TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:05 - May 8 with 1522 viewsBrianWilson

If only Armstrong was fit we might at least get some entertainment...Stick Dixon Bonner on....sure, why not? Willock too.
[Post edited 8 May 2023 16:06]

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:06 - May 8 with 1503 viewsQPRSteve

Cannot believed he hasn't made any subs.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:07 - May 8 with 1480 viewsE15Hoop

TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:00 - May 8 by Burnleyhoop

Laird and Paul the best of a sorry, pitiful, mediocre bunch. If Willock can’t get into this team he must have seriously pissed Ainsworth off. Surely must be fit by now.

Thank God there is only 45 mins to go before we are put out of our misery.

Awful, truly awful season.

I don't think there's been anything to choose between the two sides. Adomah's slip is obviously really poor. Was that overconfidence, lack of concentration or something else?
Personally, I would bring Lowe on, as his hold up and lay game is really good and fits how we're playing. Willock would be an obvious choice as well, as he would keep the ball so much better than so many of the others. Otherwise, I feel our lot have given as much as they can.
TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:09 - May 8 with 1430 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Martin heads over. Nice cross from Adomah.

TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:10 - May 8 with 1413 viewsdistortR

TF It's over - Match Thread on 15:59 - May 8 by Malintabuk

Well.........that was pretty much business as usual for us, not very good.
Even before the goal we never really looked that composed. Bristol are without doubt a fair way ahead of us. As I thought that midfield we have out is woeful, Amos, Uncs are basically non existent in there, and I wish Uncs had stayed non existent after that horrendous attempt of a clearance
So after that we did nothing and we seem to have regressed back to where we were a few weeks back. No real ideas, no real direction and Pearson is light years ahead of GA in this game
What to do, well if you hook both Uncs and Amos and brought me on I think I would improve us. We have to change from this 4-4-2 as we are so narrow in this banks of 4 and being picked off wide
Must bring Lowe on for Uncs and if Jo Jo can be @rsed bring him on as well. Willock as gone so not a lot of sense bringing him on, but you never know he might want a swansong with us
All in all pretty grim

No sense whatsoever in Willock being on the bench.

Which should ensure he comes on and scores
TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:11 - May 8 with 1399 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Started the second half with a bit of zip.

TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:13 - May 8 with 1317 viewsqprd

martins control today has been godawful
TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:14 - May 8 with 1274 viewsVancouverHoop

Eeek! Martin just misses
TF It's over - Match Thread on 16:15 - May 8 with 1972 viewsandrew1302

3 headers from Martin all useless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024