Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shameless Brown nosing thread 12:38 - May 10 with 8297 viewsloftboy

A huge thank you to Northern R AKA Clive for the sterling work again this season, most of it must have felt like pissing in the wind.
The reports and previews genuinely have laugh out loud segments.
Hope this season hasn’t put you off Clive, keep up the good work and thanks again.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 12:42 - May 10 with 6131 viewsozexile

Thanks Northern all the way from Oz. You keep us all in the loop down here. Enjoy your holiday, you've earnt it.
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 12:59 - May 10 with 6052 viewsSuffolkHoop

Couldn't agree more. As an exiled fan in the Midlands I value Clive's reports and previews immensely. They keep my love and connection with QPR going.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 13:00]
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 13:04 - May 10 with 6007 viewsderbyhoop

Just hope that the horrendous collapse hasn't put Clive off for ever.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 13:16 - May 10 with 5986 viewsWirralHoop

I rarely post but read loads, was lucky enough to hug Clive at Turf Moor (and everyone else around us) when we scored the winner.

You’re a genius my friend and bring smiles to our supporters all over the world.

Thank you
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 15:50 - May 10 with 5788 viewsqpr_1968

christ knows how he does it, especially after all the crap we've watched this season.....
hats off to him......and as the saying goes, it must be like polishing a turd every week.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 15:53 - May 10 with 5775 viewsdannyblue

Another very grateful reader. Thank you Clive.
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 15:55 - May 10 with 5766 viewsPhildo

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 15:50 - May 10 by qpr_1968

christ knows how he does it, especially after all the crap we've watched this season.....
hats off to him......and as the saying goes, it must be like polishing a turd every week.

most seasons we are polishing a turd - this year was a full inside and out valet

Thanks mate
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 16:02 - May 10 with 5756 viewsNorthernr

Cheers guys.

Toughest one yet as Greg Wallace would say.... The geography of the league this year... QPR's remarkably consistent crapness essentially meaning I had to write the same thing every week and find different ways to do it... having to bash the club and the team that I love so consistently (they deserved it) is horrible contrary to those who think I secretly enjoy it... and that weird little group of trolls I've accumulated over the years who are so obsessed with the editor of one of the QPR websites they have to register multiple anonymous message board or Twitter accounts to try and make him feel like sht...

The support on here and via the Patreon and the community on the message board keeps me and the site going and is the lifeblood of it. The Patreon has been an absolute lifesaver in so many ways, without it I would have had to jack this in, if not last summer then certainly now.

I'll do a proper list of thank yous and a few final thoughts on the other side of the end of term reports which I'm working on now - lucky me. But in the meantime so many people have said nice things over the last few days and you need to know it is massively appreciated because there have been several "what the fck am I doing here" moments in the last few months.
Login to get fewer ads

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 16:06 - May 10 with 5728 viewsTheChef

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 16:02 - May 10 by Northernr

Cheers guys.

Toughest one yet as Greg Wallace would say.... The geography of the league this year... QPR's remarkably consistent crapness essentially meaning I had to write the same thing every week and find different ways to do it... having to bash the club and the team that I love so consistently (they deserved it) is horrible contrary to those who think I secretly enjoy it... and that weird little group of trolls I've accumulated over the years who are so obsessed with the editor of one of the QPR websites they have to register multiple anonymous message board or Twitter accounts to try and make him feel like sht...

The support on here and via the Patreon and the community on the message board keeps me and the site going and is the lifeblood of it. The Patreon has been an absolute lifesaver in so many ways, without it I would have had to jack this in, if not last summer then certainly now.

I'll do a proper list of thank yous and a few final thoughts on the other side of the end of term reports which I'm working on now - lucky me. But in the meantime so many people have said nice things over the last few days and you need to know it is massively appreciated because there have been several "what the fck am I doing here" moments in the last few months.

Cheers Clive for all your output this season, above and beyond.

As for the end of term reports I wouldn't put too much effort into them - the players clearly didn't!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 16:11 - May 10 with 5710 viewsessextaxiboy

Thanks Clive , We are lucky to have a pro journo running the site , as others have said some genuine laugh out loud moments when we all felt like sobbing into our beer .
Weirdly looking forward to following the summer fire sale and rebuild on here .
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 16:43 - May 10 with 5670 viewsqpr_1968

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 16:02 - May 10 by Northernr

Cheers guys.

write the same thing every week and find different ways to do it....

love it....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 16:51 - May 10 with 5643 viewsJuzzie

The whole troll/multiple accounts thing is just weird, really fking weird. Get a life, at the end of the day it's just a bloody football match.
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 16:54 - May 10 with 5618 viewsDorse

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 16:51 - May 10 by Juzzie

The whole troll/multiple accounts thing is just weird, really fking weird. Get a life, at the end of the day it's just a bloody football match.

It's when the multiple accounts start having conversations between themselves that it starts to get really odd. There usd to be a couple that would regularly do it about 5 years ago.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 16:57 - May 10 with 5615 viewskingshill

Can only agree with the sentiments written by others.
2 things we lead the country at:-
The Community stuff
We have the best match reports bar none

Everything else is pretty crap at the moment so Clive thanks for the gallows humour, it's worth it's weight in gold.
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 17:15 - May 10 with 5547 viewsterryb

Clive's match previews & reports are right up there as the highlights of the season.

Other contenders being meeting up with friends for the game, attending the Ale Faurlin evening (having a long chat with Clive & Simmo) & the applause on 14 minutes on Saturday.

Thanks for the write ups. Have a good break & do your best not to think about this club for a while!
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 17:29 - May 10 with 5507 viewsDWQPR

It’s about time you published end of season annuals complete with pre-match preview and post match reports. To much of a genius scribe for them to be forever lost in the wilderness of cyberspace.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 17:41 - May 10 with 5487 viewsdaveB

yeah he's alright I suppose but I still think he should have given Rob Dickie a 5 rather than a 4 in the match ratings in one of his match reports

Enjoy your summer Clive, you've earned a break
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 17:43 - May 10 with 5477 viewsstevec

I’ve inadvertently mentioned LFW to various non supporting QPR bods over the years, not mentioned you directly, but a similar comment comes up from those who’ve had a peep, ‘the bloke who runs the site is a very good writer’.

High praise indeed really, as you’d invariably look at another teams fan site with taking the piss in mind rather than looking for anything decent.

Anyway, keep up the good work.
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 17:43 - May 10 with 5478 viewsRanger_1969

Another happy reader here Clive, please keep going. Your previews and reports are a joy to read.

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 18:39 - May 10 with 5388 viewsloftboy

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 16:54 - May 10 by Dorse

It's when the multiple accounts start having conversations between themselves that it starts to get really odd. There usd to be a couple that would regularly do it about 5 years ago.

And was absolutely hilarious when they forgot which one they were meant to be and ended up arguing with the self under the same username.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 18:55 - May 10 with 5358 viewsOldPedro

Thanks Clive for the previews (match, refs, opposition) and reports as well as running the message board. Very much appreciated - enjoy your summer break (if you get one).

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 18:58 - May 10 with 5346 viewsted_hendrix

Ditto all of the above.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 19:23 - May 10 with 5265 viewsShotKneesHoop

Clive.... Your reports lighten up whatever dross has been served up on the pitch.

I reckon the worse the R's perform, go sick, lie down, go missing, get cramp, leave it to someone else.. the better your report.

And now you do video reports!!! When asked what you thought of QPR directors, your clip below says it all.

[Post edited 10 May 2023 19:25]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 19:46 - May 10 with 5205 viewsDorse

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 18:39 - May 10 by loftboy

And was absolutely hilarious when they forgot which one they were meant to be and ended up arguing with the self under the same username.

You know, I am actually Bluce, Simmo, DannyPaddox and Loftboy.

Shit.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 20:06 - May 10 with 5165 viewsJamesB1979

Your pre and post match reports are second to none in my view. Be good if you and Charlie were on the qpr podcast more in my view and doing some interviews with key men at the club. And any change of an Adel interview on the patreon?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024