Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shameless Brown nosing thread 12:38 - May 10 with 8510 viewsloftboy

A huge thank you to Northern R AKA Clive for the sterling work again this season, most of it must have felt like pissing in the wind.
The reports and previews genuinely have laugh out loud segments.
Hope this season hasn’t put you off Clive, keep up the good work and thanks again.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 20:15 - May 10 with 1541 viewsPunteR

Thanks for all the reports Clive. Tough gig atm. Sorry you have to put up with the trolls and apologies you've had deal with bolshy tw@ts like me on occasions. Also apologies to PinnerPaul as i went a bit OTT. (Not that he can see this..lol) Been a really frustrating season but the fans in general have been great all things considered.
Keep up the good work Norf.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 20:29 - May 10 with 1496 viewsKiwi76

Cheers from NZ Clive.
End of season debrief set down here and our Kiwi group largely brought together via this site.
Group is full of miserable buggars so will be a fun lunch with so much to be angry about.
Enjoy your break
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 20:42 - May 10 with 1471 viewspaulhoop2

Would like to echo everything that has been said as QPR supporters we really are lucky to have you Clive. People I know that support other clubs all say they enjoy this one and look forward to honest reports on their team too. Such a shame your man Woolmer retired lol at least you have Keith left! Hopefully once you are rested you might have another Patreon done? Keep up the good work mate should really be inducted to forever rss along with Dave Thomas.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 20:54 - May 10 with 1452 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks as ever, Clive, and thanks to you all.

This site is my main link to my second family. It means a lot to me that I can keep in touch, and that it can also be fun.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 21:10 - May 10 with 1418 viewsnix

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 19:46 - May 10 by Dorse

You know, I am actually Bluce, Simmo, DannyPaddox and Loftboy.

Shit.

I'm sure you're me as well???

Anyway Clive thanks so much. Sometimes you're practically the only thing keeping it bearable being a QPR fan.

It's been a hell of a year and I'm glad it's over. It's been gruelling. I can't imagine what it's been like for you.

Have a great summer. And thanks again for all you do.
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 21:33 - May 10 with 1374 viewsbullythebear

Rare poster but avid reader here Clive. Sincere thanks for lightening the heavy load this season. Still made me laugh after every bloody horror show. We’re lucky to have you. Hope you get a bit of a break this Summer.
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 22:05 - May 10 with 1314 viewsQPunkR

I think most of us share the same dark sense of humour which is why a) we support fkn QPR and b) we keep coming back here for your superlative match reports, Clive. But not a one of us could consistently put our vitriol into such poetic and Simpsons-centric prose as the main man.

I was unfortunate enough to be there on Monday but moved to Switzerland five years ago, meaning I get to watch us live very rarely, thankfully. I watch avidly (and with ever increasing self hate) all matches on the Club stream but what really connects me to QPR, other that my mates back home (who are mostly tw@ts tbf) is this site and Clive’s mental scrivings. I’ve never met you in person Clive, but heartfelt and sincere thanks for all you do. You’re a better man than us to put this together and definitely a better man than that entire shower of donkey dung that turned out for us this season

QPR - "shit but local"

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 22:16 - May 10 with 1285 viewsHugey

Yep, massive thanks to you Northern. We are lucky to have you.

I regularly find myself quoting you to anyone who will listen.

Most recently the shooting dogs in Chernobyl at a 5 year olds party line - absolutely spot on!
Login to get fewer ads

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 22:18 - May 10 with 1281 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Thanks from me to Clive. Reading your reports and this website is part of the ‘fun’ of supporting the Rs.
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 22:39 - May 10 with 1251 viewsLongRanger

All been said already, but great work, really appreciate it, sometimes harsh but always fair.
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 22:47 - May 10 with 1229 viewsAndybrat

Thanks Clive, Mrs Andybrat says thanks to as your reports get me out of that dark place ( not Feltham) we all seemed to inhabit this season. It’s only football isn’t it? No is the answer and your pen and paper contributions add to the amazing memories we all have, which is why we carry on going and will next season. My Dad would have loved your write ups, best compliment I can make….. Andy
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 22:52 - May 10 with 1217 viewsdistortR

Just to echo all the above. The writing is brilliant, and it's also a social place, helping me to keep in touch with the likes of Brian and Karl, and reuniting me with friends from decades ago, like Oregan fella.
[Post edited 10 May 2023 22:55]
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 23:18 - May 10 with 1163 viewsnumptydumpty

You do well Clive and you are most definitely a pro.

Classic dark gallows humour this season.

But yes we all greatly appreciate your dedication to the cause....

Sure writing up after another doom riddled display the last thing you ideally wish to be doing is to remind yourself how bad we have been.

Been on the site for period of time now myself and like others appreciate the banter and the chance to write our own nonsensical analyses of the horror shows on offer.

Lets hope next season we will all be talking about much more positive displays and the dark humoue is not required !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 23:46 - May 10 with 1142 viewsjoe90

Thank you!

The previews/match reports are a big part of my QPR experience and are much appreciated. This board too, it's full of characters and a good range of views. Never have we needed each other more than this season!
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 07:36 - May 11 with 989 viewseastside_r

Not sure that I can add to what has already been said but I have been ‘with Clive’ for over 20 years going back to his early Rivals days and the body of work is truly astonishing. I am one of his biggest fans.

Have you ever read any other club’s fan output in comparison? If so you will realise what a talent Clive has and yes, how lucky we are to have him. I have been concerned on occasions that he would jack it all in and I sense it’s been a tough few years for one reason or another.

On and off the pitch this has been a very bad one for QPR and therefore also for everyone who cares about it.

Keep up the swearing and the oblique pop culture references.

There a lot of us who need this as much as you do.
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 08:21 - May 11 with 934 viewsslmrstid

Thank you for another season Clive and it was nice to meet you at the Fans Forum last year. Like others I share tidbits of the funnier bits with non-QPR supporting friends of mine and they all find it funny.

Enjoy your Summer, hope next season is kinder for all our sakes!
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 08:34 - May 11 with 923 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Cheers for all your hard work Clive.
Your reports are always very well written and witty. It has felt attritional for me this season so God knows what it must have felt like for you, having to then write about it all in detail and modify us lot on here!.
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 10:00 - May 11 with 868 viewsloftus77

Yep - as always, thanks very much Clive. I don't know how you do it all, particularly the depth of knowledge and research which is always both astounding and outstanding. I always love the Away Days reports too for their perfect measures of humour, melancholy and detail. Thank you.
[Post edited 11 May 2023 10:01]
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 10:08 - May 11 with 856 viewsrobith

It's real lightening in a bottle - a writer of that calibre with this level of fandom for a club that so readily serves up this source material.

I would also add that whilst I imagine it is also a pain in the arse, the site is incredibly well moderated and I find it a source of interesting and varied conversation.

The Patreon interviews and the tactical analysis have also been fantastic additions to the content output, thank you for organising them
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:38 - May 11 with 823 viewsBrisbaneR

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 10:38 - May 11 with 822 viewsBrisbaneR

It’s all been said but I have to add my thanks for keeping us exiles in touch with the action on the pitch and the feelings in the stands. I’m glad the Patreon helps, I’d be happy to pay a bit more too if it was an option. The site and what you do here is too valuable to lose, so don’t be shy about calling out if you need extra support to keep it going.
It’s through me sharing your writing, as well as my own reminiscing, that my kids want to come to Loftus Rd with me next time we’re over. You’re fighting the good fight Clive, I look forward to buying you a Peroni and shaking you by the hand.
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 11:18 - May 11 with 781 viewsmonners1969

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 16:02 - May 10 by Northernr

Cheers guys.

Toughest one yet as Greg Wallace would say.... The geography of the league this year... QPR's remarkably consistent crapness essentially meaning I had to write the same thing every week and find different ways to do it... having to bash the club and the team that I love so consistently (they deserved it) is horrible contrary to those who think I secretly enjoy it... and that weird little group of trolls I've accumulated over the years who are so obsessed with the editor of one of the QPR websites they have to register multiple anonymous message board or Twitter accounts to try and make him feel like sht...

The support on here and via the Patreon and the community on the message board keeps me and the site going and is the lifeblood of it. The Patreon has been an absolute lifesaver in so many ways, without it I would have had to jack this in, if not last summer then certainly now.

I'll do a proper list of thank yous and a few final thoughts on the other side of the end of term reports which I'm working on now - lucky me. But in the meantime so many people have said nice things over the last few days and you need to know it is massively appreciated because there have been several "what the fck am I doing here" moments in the last few months.

I'll maintain my Patreon support mainly because I have shares in Peroni and Avanti.... keep going bud - I see very few games live now due to coaching duties - but love this forum and the depressing reading...
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 11:25 - May 11 with 778 viewssoops

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 11:18 - May 11 by monners1969

I'll maintain my Patreon support mainly because I have shares in Peroni and Avanti.... keep going bud - I see very few games live now due to coaching duties - but love this forum and the depressing reading...

Echoing all of the above, and the reason I’m happy to support in a tiny way with the Patreon subscription. To use a Clive-ism - producing some of those reports this season must have been akin to “shitting out a full sized snooker table” so thanks for the efforts/haemorrhoids on our behalf.
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 11:29 - May 11 with 771 viewshoops_legend

Yes absolute legend you are Clive. I enjoy the reports and would read those every week whereas sometimes I would pass on the highlights when I miss the match and see another meek surrender

I will susbscribe to patreon next season!
Shameless Brown nosing thread on 11:30 - May 11 with 771 viewsmonners1969

Shameless Brown nosing thread on 11:25 - May 11 by soops

Echoing all of the above, and the reason I’m happy to support in a tiny way with the Patreon subscription. To use a Clive-ism - producing some of those reports this season must have been akin to “shitting out a full sized snooker table” so thanks for the efforts/haemorrhoids on our behalf.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024