Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes off? 10:13 - Jun 8 with 29139 viewshubble

Can't see this has been posted on here anywhere:

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Dykes off? on 17:27 - Jun 23 with 2661 viewsaston_hoop

Not in any way a like-for-like replacement, but Burnley are pressing hard to take Zian Flemming off of Millwall, £10 million or so. Would certainly mean Millwall have money in the bank if they want to come back and offer for Dykes. So on that basis, would want a good fee from them

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dykes off? on 17:42 - Jun 23 with 2551 viewsNorthernr

Dykes off? on 08:21 - Jun 23 by kernowhoop

Barry Ferguson, in the Daily Record, on the subject of Dykes:

Rangers may have missed the boat where bringing Billy Gilmour back to Ibrox this summer is concerned. But I genuinely hope they don’t make the same mistake with his Scotland team-mate Lyndon Dykes.

But the more I watch our national team go from strength to strength under Steve Clarke, the more certain I am that Dykes is a ready made Rangers No.9. Put it this way, if I was Michael Beale I’d be all over the big man right now. They’ve already worked together at QPR so the manager knows what he’d be getting if he did bring the Aussie back over the border.

I know there will be some fans rolling their eyes at the thought of it but I don’t care what anyone else says, he’d be an absolute sensation in a Rangers shirt. I remember thinking the same thing when he was at LIvingston and the higher up he goes in the game, the better he’s becoming.

He’s not just a big throw back of a centre forward, although there is no doubt his physicality is one of his biggest strengths. He ruffles defenders up, he wins everything in the air, he knows where the back of the net is and he works his backside off.

But technically, he’s a lot better than most people give him credit for. He can take the ball down and bring others into play — which is exactly the job Alfredo Morelos did for the team when he was fit and looking interested.

So, yes, if I was Beale I wouldn’t think twice because it would be a no risk signing and Dykes would guarantee him 20 goals a season as well as everything else he would bring. There’s a lot of talk of him being linked with Championship clubs like Millwall now he’s going into the final year of his contract at Loftus Road.

For something like £2million? It’s an absolute no brainer for my old team.

Be interesting if that did came to pass because Beale did not rate him at all when he got here and spent much of last summer angling for a way/person to replace him.
Dykes off? on 17:43 - Jun 23 with 2541 viewsNorthernr

Dykes off? on 16:14 - Jun 23 by vanrrrr

On the other hand Kieffer Moore ended up in the PL and Dykes about that level.

Funny you should mention Moore because he was our first choice when we bought Dykes, and we thought we had him out of the wreckage at Wigan. It was one of those where we had the transfer piece written up and rerady to go, was travelling down for medical, £1m, great deal. Last minute Cardiff came in with an offer that blew ours out of the water.
Dykes off? on 18:07 - Jun 23 with 2409 viewsJuzzie

Dykes off? on 17:42 - Jun 23 by Northernr

Be interesting if that did came to pass because Beale did not rate him at all when he got here and spent much of last summer angling for a way/person to replace him.

Didn't Beale also say he wouldn't come in for any of our players?
Dykes off? on 18:45 - Jun 23 with 2223 viewsLazyFan

Dykes off? on 17:43 - Jun 23 by Northernr

Funny you should mention Moore because he was our first choice when we bought Dykes, and we thought we had him out of the wreckage at Wigan. It was one of those where we had the transfer piece written up and rerady to go, was travelling down for medical, £1m, great deal. Last minute Cardiff came in with an offer that blew ours out of the water.

Was it More for Moore?

I thought it was the same money (as why pay more?) and Moore decided he wanted Cardiff as it would help his international career, which it did as he started playing for Wales much more often soon after.

It was all about playing for Wales and playing for Cardiff obviously helped that,

zzzzzzzzzz

Dykes off? on 19:02 - Jun 23 with 2113 viewsStanisgod

Dykes off? on 18:07 - Jun 23 by Juzzie

And you would believe the lying sh*te,, pkus Dykes is probably Scottish Ptem level anyway.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Dykes off? on 19:58 - Jun 23 with 1950 viewsderbyhoop

And your daft enough to believe anything Beale says?
Next you'll tell is Boris Johnson never lies.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dykes off? on 20:11 - Jun 23 with 1904 viewsNorthernr

Dykes will be the fcking Rangers captain by August then.
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes off? on 20:35 - Jun 23 with 1809 viewsDorse

Well, that's good enough for me. Top man.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dykes off? on 16:56 - Jun 26 with 1387 viewsflynnbo

Dykes off? on 17:12 - Jun 26 with 1259 viewsPunteR

Dykes off? on 16:56 - Jun 26 by flynnbo

Those trainers are rank.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dykes off? on 17:26 - Jun 26 with 1175 viewsGloucs_R

Great news and I think he'll do well under Ainsworth.

Still need another senior striker though and I don't mean Paul Smyth?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dykes off? on 18:21 - Jun 26 with 1034 viewsJuzzie

Errrr, I never said I believed him. It was actually a kind of rhetorical question!
Dykes off? on 18:51 - Jun 26 with 968 viewshubble

Dyndon Lykes it.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024