Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes off? 10:13 - Jun 8 with 29106 viewshubble

Can't see this has been posted on here anywhere:

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Dykes off? (n/t) on 17:24 - Jun 8 with 4887 viewsterryb

Dykes off? (n/t) on 17:12 - Jun 8 by VancouverHoop

I thought of the P&S but does Sutton count as London? TBH I really don't know.

As there is The London Borough of Sutton I would think that it does.

I'm not sure, but I suspect it is closer to The City than Croydon is as well, although it wouldn't be by much.
Dykes off? on 17:27 - Jun 8 with 4860 viewsVancouverHoop

Fair enough.
Dykes off? on 18:18 - Jun 8 with 4655 viewsAndybrat

Dykes off? on 15:04 - Jun 8 by Antti_Heinola

we can keep saying this, but it's a huge loss if you don't adequately replace. He's a mid-table standard Championship striker. We have no money. If his 'replacement' is Martin, it's an enormous loss.
It's the same with Dickie, and was gthe same with someone like Bidwell. We limped on for years without a proper, regularly fit LB until we finally got Paal, who must be looking for the first plane out at the moment. You can criticise these players for being 'not good enough' all you want, but there are nuances there. not good enough for what? To win the league? I agree. To be an effective weapon in upper mid table: Dykes, Bidwell, Dickie and others like them have all proven they can be that. That's not easy to replace, especially with our transfer 'skills'.

Huge loss, we only came to realise when he was not around. Not a natural scorer with his feet but a 100% pain in the ass to the oppo. Sort of hoping him and Armstrong would be Scotch and Coke this year, better together. Huge loss especially as Messi going to Inter Miami ( doesn’t look right, doesn’t sound right)
Dykes off? on 22:51 - Jun 8 with 4244 viewsBushman

Regular international forward for £2million 🙄

Hope he does really well wherever he goes pity he's not staying

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Dykes off? on 23:41 - Jun 8 with 4100 viewsconnell10

Billy Sharpe just been released by Sheffield Utd, a ideal replacement and he is on a free. Only 37

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dykes off? on 00:09 - Jun 9 with 4028 viewsBoston

Dykes off? on 23:41 - Jun 8 by connell10

Billy Sharpe just been released by Sheffield Utd, a ideal replacement and he is on a free. Only 37

Connell's available, only 10.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dykes off? (n/t) on 00:14 - Jun 9 with 4027 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Dykes off? (n/t) on 15:33 - Jun 8 by Sharpy36

Of all the London clubs, it`s only Orient and Wimbledon keeping us off rock bottom.

Mustn't forget Charlton too.

I suspect by the time the DoF is celebrating a decade at the club, we'll be even closer to them all. #progress
Dykes off? on 08:11 - Jun 9 with 3776 viewsBluce_Ree

Dykes off? on 15:30 - Jun 8 by DavieQPR

You sell Dykes for £2 million that's straight off the FFP tally. You sign a replacement, for arguments sake, for £2m as this is written off over the course of his contract, say 3 years, it's cost to FFPis only £666.000.
Therefore a straight replacement has deducted £1.32m off FFP.

Are other clubs having to do this level of penny pinching?

It feels like we are constantly trying to cut costs. Hopefully we can find a half decent striker in Lidl's middle aisle soon.

Football feels proper shit at the moment.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes off? on 08:53 - Jun 9 with 3721 viewsdmm

If Dykes does go he'll almost certainly be replaced by a similar target man. I'd be genuinely alarmed if it turned out to be Chris Martin. He did what was asked of him last season but if he's our first choice striker next season I will become a fully paid up member of the 'We're Going Down' guild.
Dykes off? (n/t) on 09:10 - Jun 9 with 3658 viewstoboboly

Of all the London clubs, it`s only Orient and Wimbledon keeping us off rock bottom.

Don't forget Barnet, Tooting & Mitcham and Northwood.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Dykes off? on 09:39 - Jun 9 with 3604 viewsnadera78

I'm generally quite sanguine about selling players entering the last year of their contract, more so given the appaling last 18 months, but Dykes is one of the few whose departure concerns me. As others have said, he's not great but he is a very solid Championship centre forward, who puts himself about and would seem ideal for the way Ainsworth wants us to play. Finding a replacement will not be easy, but finding one on a free transfer will be extraordinarily difficult.
Dykes off? on 09:51 - Jun 9 with 3539 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dykes off? on 11:05 - Jun 8 by colinallcars

He'll be off no doubt. I imagine we'll give Chris Martin another year and see if can help Armstrong develop.

So that's our dynamic duo in waiting - a washed-up bloke who can't run mentoring a raw kid who can't score?

I'm turning cartwheels!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Dykes off? on 09:54 - Jun 9 with 3521 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dykes off? on 15:30 - Jun 8 by DavieQPR

You sell Dykes for £2 million that's straight off the FFP tally. You sign a replacement, for arguments sake, for £2m as this is written off over the course of his contract, say 3 years, it's cost to FFPis only £666.000.
Therefore a straight replacement has deducted £1.32m off FFP.

If it's 'only' £ 666k per season, is it a case of 'better the devil you know'?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Dykes off? on 13:08 - Jun 9 with 3352 viewsQPROslo

Dykes off? on 09:39 - Jun 9 by nadera78

I'm generally quite sanguine about selling players entering the last year of their contract, more so given the appaling last 18 months, but Dykes is one of the few whose departure concerns me. As others have said, he's not great but he is a very solid Championship centre forward, who puts himself about and would seem ideal for the way Ainsworth wants us to play. Finding a replacement will not be easy, but finding one on a free transfer will be extraordinarily difficult.

Agreed. All the more reason to reject this supposed up to £ 2 million bid for him and try to raise interest and better £ offers. The upcoming Euro qualifiers will provide a chance for Dykes to increase interest in him. One of Scotland's games is against Norway here in Oslo, him scoring and Haaland not may help that.
Dykes off? on 13:59 - Jun 9 with 3233 viewsconnell10

Dykes off? on 00:09 - Jun 9 by Boston

Connell's available, only 10.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dykes off? on 14:05 - Jun 9 with 3194 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Dykes off? on 09:51 - Jun 9 by stainrods_elbow

So that's our dynamic duo in waiting - a washed-up bloke who can't run mentoring a raw kid who can't score?

I'm turning cartwheels!

I'm done if Martin is a regular starter next season. I can't see it happening but you never know...
Dykes off? on 14:18 - Jun 9 with 3117 viewsJuzzie

If it's sort of accepted to have non-scoring strikers, what would the reaction be if we signed non-saving goalkeepers?
Dykes off? on 14:21 - Jun 9 with 3095 viewsstevec

If we get £2m for Dykes we’ve done well.

Like Dickie, fair play to the bloke for at least being keen to play, but if he’s our no 1 CF the standard has been set far too low.
Dykes off? on 14:33 - Jun 9 with 3040 viewsBluce_Ree

I say take the money for Dykes. We do like a trier and Dykes deffo has that work effort but we need goals and a 1 in 4 strike rate isn't much of anything.

8 goals and 2 assists for an international (albeit with some well documented medical issues this season) and to be honest he was the Gashmeister at the World Cup.

I get Dowie vibes.

It's not about the money, it's about getting someone with a bit more ability in that position. Strikers thrive on appearances and confidence so hopefully the next guy will get a good run in the side.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Dykes off? (n/t) (n/t) on 14:38 - Jun 9 with 3003 viewsCamberleyR

[Post edited 9 Jun 2023 14:39]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dykes off? on 16:03 - Jun 9 with 2763 viewsqpr1976

Bearing in mind their stance last Summer over their RB and that (allegedly other Champ clubs interest, tell them it’s £2.5m up front in full or FRO. As mentioned above, he is an international regular.
Add ons might be limited, even worthless, but I guess add £1m if promoted and 20% of any sell on fee.

Bearing in mind the teams in next seasons Championship, they’ve only an outside chance of playoffs and I can’t see them winning that. And I genuinely can’t see him being sold onwards for more than £5m even if he doubles his scoring record with us.
Dykes off? on 20:56 - Jun 9 with 2517 viewsdavman

Dykes off? on 08:11 - Jun 9 by Bluce_Ree

Are other clubs having to do this level of penny pinching?

It feels like we are constantly trying to cut costs. Hopefully we can find a half decent striker in Lidl's middle aisle soon.

Football feels proper shit at the moment.

No. just us because our board sanctioned a "gamble" that would take us exactly here if it failed. It wasn't even a good gamble, it would have got us into 6th at best if it had come off. They have shot the budget utterly, removed any ability to upgrade any current contracts and to compete wages wide with 70% of our fellow Championship clubs.

Basically, anyone half decent coming under our radar will mostly be offered better wages by a Bristol C, a Millwall or even a Rotherham (can't believe we could have afforded Hugill, but they can...).

We cursed, you know...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dykes off? on 07:42 - Jun 10 with 2042 viewsGaryBannister86

Dykes off? on 14:33 - Jun 9 by Bluce_Ree

I say take the money for Dykes. We do like a trier and Dykes deffo has that work effort but we need goals and a 1 in 4 strike rate isn't much of anything.

8 goals and 2 assists for an international (albeit with some well documented medical issues this season) and to be honest he was the Gashmeister at the World Cup.

I get Dowie vibes.

It's not about the money, it's about getting someone with a bit more ability in that position. Strikers thrive on appearances and confidence so hopefully the next guy will get a good run in the side.

You really think we can afford to get someone with "more ability" that Dykes?

I'm not saying he's amazing, but in my view he is so underrated by Rangers fans. I honestly don't see the difference between what he brings to the team and that of a Chris Wood or even Wieghorst. None of these guys score as many goals as they should but managers pick them because they bring so much to the side as a whole.

Without Dykes this season, regardless of his goals, we would have gone down.

I hope he stays, realise he won't and wish him all the luck. If he goes to Millwall or wherever I am more interested in getting a 20% sell on, because one half season of scoring 8-10 goals and a panicking Premier League side will buy him for £10m.
Dykes off? on 08:17 - Jun 10 with 1948 viewsDaBurgh

Dykes off? on 07:42 - Jun 10 by GaryBannister86

I'm not saying he's amazing, but in my view he is so underrated by Rangers fans. I honestly don't see the difference between what he brings to the team and that of a Chris Wood or even Wieghorst. None of these guys score as many goals as they should but managers pick them because they bring so much to the side as a whole.

I hope he stays, realise he won't and wish him all the luck. If he goes to Millwall or wherever I am more interested in getting a 20% sell on, because one half season of scoring 8-10 goals and a panicking Premier League side will buy him for £10m.

100% this. Imo
Dykes off? on 08:48 - Jun 10 with 1862 viewsstevec

Dykes off? on 07:42 - Jun 10 by GaryBannister86

£10m?

This is a forward who literally cannot run with the ball at his feet. Three seasons and I cannot remember him running past a defender in possession and score a goal. May have been one at Preston or somewhere a few years back, that was it.

His head is worth about £1m, his work rate somewhere between 500k to £1m. And that’s with a fair wind behind.

£10m, never.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024