Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes off? 10:13 - Jun 8 with 29138 viewshubble

Can't see this has been posted on here anywhere:

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:38 - Jun 17 with 5846 viewsjohncharles

Strong and stable my arse.

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:38 - Jun 17 with 5846 viewsjohncharles

Dykes off? on 22:03 - Jun 17 with 5408 viewsjohncharles

Took his goal really well. Don’t comment until you’ve seen it.

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:39 - Jun 17 with 5315 viewscolinallcars

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:38 - Jun 17 by johncharles

Sorry, could you repeat that ?
Dykes off? on 22:52 - Jun 17 with 5271 viewsBrianWilson

We can't replace him with 1 mil or whatever. Think a few clubs will want him. Hopefully hold out for 3 or 4 mil.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Dykes off? on 23:19 - Jun 17 with 5163 viewsHooparoo

Dykes off? on 22:03 - Jun 17 by johncharles

Took his goal really well. Don’t comment until you’ve seen it.

Just saw it. Good poachers goal and the lay off for the winner was class

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Dykes off? on 23:31 - Jun 17 with 5126 viewsLazyFan

Dykes off? on 22:52 - Jun 17 by BrianWilson

We can't replace him with 1 mil or whatever. Think a few clubs will want him. Hopefully hold out for 3 or 4 mil.

There is no holdout or we end up in the BOS or worse Manning situation.

We need to sell him and quick.

zzzzzzzzzz

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:16 - Jun 18 with 5049 viewsHAYESBOY

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:38 - Jun 17 by johncharles

Easy for you to say.......

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 01:02 - Jun 18 with 4989 viewsjohncharles

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:39 - Jun 17 by colinallcars

Sorry, could you repeat that ?

I may have succumbed to the influence of strong drink

Dykes off? on 08:31 - Jun 19 with 4440 viewsozranger

I think this is the best place to put this amidst the myriad of Dykes/Scotland posts. Lots of praise for Dykes and good mentions of QPR in the following.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65941525

Now we just have to convince a few Directors of Football or managers that he is as good as the writer of this article believes. The one thing Dykes is is a team player and one whom the manager knows will play the way the manager wants to.
Dykes off? on 09:58 - Jun 19 with 4189 viewsBlue_Castello

Dykes off? on 08:31 - Jun 19 by ozranger

I think this is the best place to put this amidst the myriad of Dykes/Scotland posts. Lots of praise for Dykes and good mentions of QPR in the following.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65941525

Now we just have to convince a few Directors of Football or managers that he is as good as the writer of this article believes. The one thing Dykes is is a team player and one whom the manager knows will play the way the manager wants to.

That performance in a Scotland shirt must have increased his transfer value, surely it's proof that playing with better players he will get you results, we just need somebody like Sheffield United to go all in like they did with Mcburnie, we won't get that sort of a fee, but if he has to leave we need as much as we can for him...
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 10:00]
Dykes off? on 10:13 - Jun 19 with 4137 viewsQPROslo

Dykes off? on 09:58 - Jun 19 by Blue_Castello

That performance in a Scotland shirt must have increased his transfer value, surely it's proof that playing with better players he will get you results, we just need somebody like Sheffield United to go all in like they did with Mcburnie, we won't get that sort of a fee, but if he has to leave we need as much as we can for him...

Dykes did great at the death of that game and made a huge contribution to Scotland's win. Think we really should hold out for a fair chunk more than what we paid for him. But one of the Norway CB's Østigård the one who screwed up for the 1st goal, was suffering from cramp from before that and probably should have already been substituted. The defensive play for the 2nd was almost non-existent and the Manager is getting a lot of criticism for all his substitions including that of Haaland and Søloth, before the late goals which Norway have a bad habit of conceeding.
Dykes off? on 13:24 - Jun 19 with 3889 viewscpgerber

An option to extend Dykes on higher wages? If he is willing to of course. Would at least, for now, postpone the burning need for a new striker and will make him worth more in January if he does well for us before then.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 13:25]
Dykes off? on 20:18 - Jun 19 with 3547 viewsQPR_John

Dykes off? on 09:58 - Jun 19 by Blue_Castello

Rather than selling Dykes how about and maybe this is a bit drastic getting some better players around him
Dykes off? on 20:59 - Jun 20 with 3199 viewsconnell10

I didn't see anything on the official about Dykes scoring for Scotland , thought they would be all over that! I'm probably reading to much into it.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dykes off? on 09:02 - Jun 21 with 2718 viewsBlue_Castello

Dykes off? on 20:18 - Jun 19 by QPR_John

Rather than selling Dykes how about and maybe this is a bit drastic getting some better players around him

Sorry I'm not in the camp of wanting him sold, I would much prefer we keep him, the problem is its reported in the Press he won't sign another contract, so we're back to Catch 22, we either keep him for another year and he runs down his contract or we take the best offer financially available to the club.
The club can't win whatever they do will be criticised, for Ainsworths sake I hope he stays he's got a bad enough job replacing all the others who have left, how exactly we replace him with a budget of zero is anybody's guess, my post is driven by Clive and Simons posts that we have to get some money in for FFP and not that I want him sold.
Maybe releasing Johanson means we can offer an improved contract but I get the feeling his head has been turned and he can see a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, definitely agree that with better service I feel he can score more goals.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 9:07]
Dykes off? on 09:08 - Jun 21 with 2679 viewsNorthernr

Dykes off? on 08:21 - Jun 23 with 2273 viewskernowhoop

Barry Ferguson, in the Daily Record, on the subject of Dykes:

Rangers may have missed the boat where bringing Billy Gilmour back to Ibrox this summer is concerned. But I genuinely hope they don’t make the same mistake with his Scotland team-mate Lyndon Dykes.

But the more I watch our national team go from strength to strength under Steve Clarke, the more certain I am that Dykes is a ready made Rangers No.9. Put it this way, if I was Michael Beale I’d be all over the big man right now. They’ve already worked together at QPR so the manager knows what he’d be getting if he did bring the Aussie back over the border.

I know there will be some fans rolling their eyes at the thought of it but I don’t care what anyone else says, he’d be an absolute sensation in a Rangers shirt. I remember thinking the same thing when he was at LIvingston and the higher up he goes in the game, the better he’s becoming.

He’s not just a big throw back of a centre forward, although there is no doubt his physicality is one of his biggest strengths. He ruffles defenders up, he wins everything in the air, he knows where the back of the net is and he works his backside off.

But technically, he’s a lot better than most people give him credit for. He can take the ball down and bring others into play — which is exactly the job Alfredo Morelos did for the team when he was fit and looking interested.

So, yes, if I was Beale I wouldn’t think twice because it would be a no risk signing and Dykes would guarantee him 20 goals a season as well as everything else he would bring. There’s a lot of talk of him being linked with Championship clubs like Millwall now he’s going into the final year of his contract at Loftus Road.

For something like £2million? It’s an absolute no brainer for my old team.
Dykes off? on 08:52 - Jun 23 with 2173 viewsdmm

£2m is probably all Grangers would offer for Dykes but I'm sure we could get more for him from a Championship club, or even a newly promoted PL like Luton who've apparently shown interest.
Dykes off? on 12:33 - Jun 23 with 1958 viewskensalriser

Dykes off? on 08:52 - Jun 23 by dmm

£2m is probably all Grangers would offer for Dykes but I'm sure we could get more for him from a Championship club, or even a newly promoted PL like Luton who've apparently shown interest.

I'll say it again - only chance Dykes has of PL football is north of the border.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dykes off? on 15:46 - Jun 23 with 1641 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Because Dykes has entered the final year of his contract and doesn't look like signing a new one. QPR can't afford to let players leave on a free transfer. Moreover, getting better players around him costs money which QPR don't have and therefore have to generate by selling first.
Dykes off? on 16:14 - Jun 23 with 1496 viewsvanrrrr

Dykes off? on 12:33 - Jun 23 by kensalriser

I'll say it again - only chance Dykes has of PL football is north of the border.

On the other hand Kieffer Moore ended up in the PL and Dykes about that level.
Dykes off? on 16:42 - Jun 23 with 1333 viewskensalriser

Dykes off? on 16:14 - Jun 23 by vanrrrr

On the other hand Kieffer Moore ended up in the PL and Dykes about that level.

Moore's stats seem to suggest he's a better player. Dykes has got nowhere near Moore's best haul of 20 in the Championship. For all that I doubt Moore would have played in the PL by transfer rather than promotion.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dykes off? on 16:49 - Jun 23 with 1307 viewsLoyalitat

Dykes off? on 16:42 - Jun 23 by kensalriser

Moore's stats seem to suggest he's a better player. Dykes has got nowhere near Moore's best haul of 20 in the Championship. For all that I doubt Moore would have played in the PL by transfer rather than promotion.

Was about to say the same thing. For Cardiff he scored 25 in just 64 games.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2023 16:50]
Dykes off? on 16:49 - Jun 23 with 1306 viewsCateLeBonR

I guess the one thing we’ve got going for us is that there probably isn’t a team in the country that couldn’t do with another striker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024