Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes off? 10:13 - Jun 8 with 29137 viewshubble

Can't see this has been posted on here anywhere:

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Dykes off? on 08:59 - Jun 10 with 6174 viewsSonofpugwash

Lyndon who?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Dykes off? on 09:15 - Jun 10 with 6120 viewsLoyalitat

Dykes off? on 07:42 - Jun 10 by GaryBannister86

You really think we can afford to get someone with "more ability" that Dykes?

I'm not saying he's amazing, but in my view he is so underrated by Rangers fans. I honestly don't see the difference between what he brings to the team and that of a Chris Wood or even Wieghorst. None of these guys score as many goals as they should but managers pick them because they bring so much to the side as a whole.

Without Dykes this season, regardless of his goals, we would have gone down.

I hope he stays, realise he won't and wish him all the luck. If he goes to Millwall or wherever I am more interested in getting a 20% sell on, because one half season of scoring 8-10 goals and a panicking Premier League side will buy him for £10m.

I'm sorry, but that's wishful thinking.

Have you seen Wood's premier league record with Burnley: nearly 50 goals in just 144 games. a key reason why they stayed in the premier league for 5 years. Leeds in the championship: 41 goals in just 83 games. He is vastly superior to Dykes and if Burnley had kept him, I understand why he was sold, they may well have stayed in the premier league.

Lyndon's a great trier, but in his three years with us, he hasn't been able to muster more than 8 goals in open play. That's hardly progress when compared to forwards bought by other clubs in this league for at least half of the £2million we paid for Dykes, yet have markedly improved all facets of their game within a shorter timeframe than Dykes' three years with us. Gyokeres and Adebayo immediately spring to mind. Both of whom were equally as raw as Dykes when they first joined their current clubs.

I'd happily take the money and look at alternatives such as the Blackpool striker, Jerry Yates, who managed an impressive 14 league goals and 1 in the FA cup for a relegated side last season.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2023 12:26]
Dykes off? on 11:58 - Jun 10 with 5824 viewskensalriser

Dykes to the Premier League for 10m? The English Premier League?

I'd better buy a lottery ticket and call Salma Hayek for a date.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dykes off? on 12:33 - Jun 10 with 5708 viewsChiswickRs

I've not seen it reported at all, but a Rangers fan I was talking to on a train to Edinburgh on Friday was absolutely sure that Rangers are buying Dykes.

Can't see it myself, not a Beale player?
Dykes off? on 12:48 - Jun 10 with 5624 viewsCateLeBonR

Dykes off? on 12:33 - Jun 10 by ChiswickRs

I've not seen it reported at all, but a Rangers fan I was talking to on a train to Edinburgh on Friday was absolutely sure that Rangers are buying Dykes.

Can't see it myself, not a Beale player?

Honest Mick said in an interview posted on here a while back that he wouldn’t be going to QPR to sign any players.

(Cough, cough)
Dykes off? on 13:03 - Jun 10 with 5549 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I'm not saying he's amazing, but in my view he is so underrated by Rangers fans. I honestly don't see the difference between what he brings to the team and that of a Chris Wood or even Wieghorst. None of these guys score as many goals as they should but managers pick them because they bring so much to the side as a whole.

I hope he stays, realise he won't and wish him all the luck. If he goes to Millwall or wherever I am more interested in getting a 20% sell on, because one half season of scoring 8-10 goals and a panicking Premier League side will buy him for £10m.

Whether the club can get a superior replacement or not is largely irrelevant. Lyndon has rejected the club's renewal offers and is now entering the final year of his contract. To achieve a decent return and ease the FFP burden he simply must be sold this summer. Simples.
Dykes off? on 15:13 - Jun 10 with 5252 viewsBoston

Dykes off? on 13:03 - Jun 10 by Benny_the_Ball

Whether the club can get a superior replacement or not is largely irrelevant. Lyndon has rejected the club's renewal offers and is now entering the final year of his contract. To achieve a decent return and ease the FFP burden he simply must be sold this summer. Simples.

Y'ep, I like Dykes, sure, doesn't put the ball in the net enough, but causes disruption, gives us a presence up front.
Acid test...not interested in extending his tenure, not scoring enough in our system(whatever that is?), to fight to hold on to. So he must move on for whatever we can get for him. Anything over two million would be the best score we ever got from him.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dykes off? on 15:47 - Jun 10 with 5147 viewsBluce_Ree

Can we afford someone better? Probably not. But is he all that? Probably not.

Whenever QPR get terrible we end up developing a soft spot for players that try hard but aren't all that good. See Bignot or Bircham as examples of that.

But look, I get it. There is no better option available to is because we're a total f*ck up that is cursed to always get things wrong. It's easier to accept I guess.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes off? on 16:02 - Jun 10 with 5116 viewskitkev

the nesbit deal has gone through for us, so cant us pursuing dykes now.

think he wants back to scotland so hibs might be a shout for him now
Dykes off? on 21:25 - Jun 10 with 4782 viewsGloucs_R

He will go to Rangers for two and a half million

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dykes off? on 07:45 - Jun 11 with 4432 viewsdmm

Dykes off? on 21:25 - Jun 10 by Gloucs_R

He will go to Rangers for two and a half million

It wouldn't surprise me if he did. The shyster's word about him not going there means nothing. I think the only clubs in Scotland that would be able to afford Dykes are Grangers or Celtic.
Dykes off? on 08:24 - Jun 11 with 4366 viewsLoyalitat

Dykes off? on 16:02 - Jun 10 by kitkev

the nesbit deal has gone through for us, so cant us pursuing dykes now.

think he wants back to scotland so hibs might be a shout for him now

If Nisbet is given time to settle into the championship and isn't beset by more injuries, then I believe that you potentially have a good forward who finishes well and with either foot. He has the ability to complement your two main goal scorers from last season.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2023 8:44]
Dykes off? on 07:59 - Jun 12 with 3853 viewsGaryBannister86

Dykes off? on 11:58 - Jun 10 by kensalriser

Dykes to the Premier League for 10m? The English Premier League?

I'd better buy a lottery ticket and call Salma Hayek for a date.

Good luck with that, although Salma is closer to 60 than 50 now so maybe there is a chance?

My point isn't that someone would buy Dykes now for £10m in the PL. I'm saying that if he goes to a decent club, he gets some form going in the first half of the season, it's happened before that big centre forwards with average scoring records, and in fact who can be average all round, can go for silly money to desperate sides.

So I'm saying the sell on is important.
Dykes off? on 08:13 - Jun 12 with 3808 viewsLoyalitat

Dykes off? on 07:59 - Jun 12 by GaryBannister86

Good luck with that, although Salma is closer to 60 than 50 now so maybe there is a chance?

My point isn't that someone would buy Dykes now for £10m in the PL. I'm saying that if he goes to a decent club, he gets some form going in the first half of the season, it's happened before that big centre forwards with average scoring records, and in fact who can be average all round, can go for silly money to desperate sides.

But he's nowhere near as good as the two players you compared him to in your original post: Chris Wood and Weghorst. Wood was averaging a goal every other game at championship level for Leeds, and better than 1 in 3 in the premier league for Burnley. That's way above average and so was his overall game when he played regularly.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2023 8:18]
Dykes off? on 08:33 - Jun 12 with 3741 viewsGaryBannister86

Dykes off? on 08:13 - Jun 12 by Loyalitat

But he's nowhere near as good as the two players you compared him to in your original post: Chris Wood and Weghorst. Wood was averaging a goal every other game at championship level for Leeds, and better than 1 in 3 in the premier league for Burnley. That's way above average and so was his overall game when he played regularly.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2023 8:18]

Well personally I think Wood and WIeghorst are absolute pony, but I get your point.

However, Wood has gone for £25m hasn't he? So even if Dykes is 40% as good......
Dykes off? on 11:01 - Jun 12 with 3511 viewsCamberleyR

Dykes off? on 09:15 - Jun 10 by Loyalitat

I'm sorry, but that's wishful thinking.

Have you seen Wood's premier league record with Burnley: nearly 50 goals in just 144 games. a key reason why they stayed in the premier league for 5 years. Leeds in the championship: 41 goals in just 83 games. He is vastly superior to Dykes and if Burnley had kept him, I understand why he was sold, they may well have stayed in the premier league.

Lyndon's a great trier, but in his three years with us, he hasn't been able to muster more than 8 goals in open play. That's hardly progress when compared to forwards bought by other clubs in this league for at least half of the £2million we paid for Dykes, yet have markedly improved all facets of their game within a shorter timeframe than Dykes' three years with us. Gyokeres and Adebayo immediately spring to mind. Both of whom were equally as raw as Dykes when they first joined their current clubs.

I'd happily take the money and look at alternatives such as the Blackpool striker, Jerry Yates, who managed an impressive 14 league goals and 1 in the FA cup for a relegated side last season.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2023 12:26]

Yates mightn't be a bad shout but if you look at his record it appears to be very streaky. Prior to scoring in that 6-1 annhilation against us he'd scored once in his previous twenty games. Can you imagine the stick he'd get on here if he went on that sort of run with us?

After scoring against us he then proceeded to get five in his last six which maybe slightly flattered his record a bit. Some also might question signing him as he's done well in a relegated team as we've been burnt before like that with Bonne and Cousins.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dykes off? on 16:23 - Jun 12 with 3064 viewsOakR

Dykes off? on 08:33 - Jun 12 by GaryBannister86

Well personally I think Wood and WIeghorst are absolute pony, but I get your point.

However, Wood has gone for £25m hasn't he? So even if Dykes is 40% as good......

Didn't Newcastle massively overpay at the time as they were near the bottom, so it completely shafted Burnley League and made their chances of staying up much better?

At the end of the day, players are only worth what people are prepared to pay for them.

Whilst I think he makes a difference to our overall play , I think that is an easier trait to replace than goal scoring etc. I'm fine if he goes and fine if he stays, but if not signing an extension best get some money for him now.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Dykes off? on 11:25 - Jun 13 with 2595 viewsQPR_Hibs

Glasgow Rangers have agreed a £3.5 million fee to buy a striker called Sam Lammers from Atalanta and are also believed to be close to a £5 million deal to bring in Cyriel Dessers from Cremonese (he is also a striker.)
I would hazard a guess that they won't need Lyndon as well.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Dykes off? on 11:42 - Jun 13 with 2516 viewsHayesender

Dykes off? on 11:25 - Jun 13 by QPR_Hibs

Glasgow Rangers have agreed a £3.5 million fee to buy a striker called Sam Lammers from Atalanta and are also believed to be close to a £5 million deal to bring in Cyriel Dessers from Cremonese (he is also a striker.)
I would hazard a guess that they won't need Lyndon as well.

I thought GR were supposed to be skint?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Dykes off? on 11:44 - Jun 13 with 2505 viewsconnell10

Dykes off? on 11:42 - Jun 13 by Hayesender

I thought GR were supposed to be skint?

That's Beale the bullshitters smooth talk easing the purse strings , it won't end well I hope !!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dykes off? on 11:57 - Jun 13 with 2404 viewskensalriser

Dykes off? on 07:59 - Jun 12 by GaryBannister86

Well, so am I, had to keep it marginally realistic.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dykes off? on 18:49 - Jun 17 with 1804 viewseghamranger

Goal and an assist.

Must increase his value massively
Dykes off? on 20:38 - Jun 17 with 1472 viewsjohncharles

Took his goal really well. Don’t comment until you’ve seen it.

Strong and stable my arse.

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:38 - Jun 17 with 1469 viewsjohncharles

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:38 - Jun 17 with 1468 viewsjohncharles

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024