Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trevor Francis 13:20 - Jul 24 with 11210 viewsloftboy

Hope this is bollocks:

Trevor Francis Death – Former Nottingham Forest Footballer Trevor Francis of Birmingham City has been rumored to have passed away at the age of 69. As at the time this report was made the news of his alleged demise has sent shockwaves through the football community and fans around the world. As of now, this information remains unconfirmed, and no official statements have been released by the family regarding Trevor Francis’s passing.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Trevor Francis on 21:29 - Jul 24 with 1681 viewsLblock

Rest In Peace Jasper.

For some reason an interview with him sticks in my mind where he got very excited about Paul Parker

All the best Trev

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Trevor Francis on 22:13 - Jul 24 with 1600 viewsSimonJames

Terrible news! RIP Mr Francis, and thanks for the memories

100% of people who drink water will die.

Trevor Francis on 22:27 - Jul 24 with 1562 viewsRsinWales

When he came to us I was a bit worried he was past his best.

Turned out to be an absolute quality signing. Attitude, endeavour, class and football brain. Boy could he pick and execute a pass. Was a pleasure to watch him play.

As someone else mentioned on this thread, he and Wilkins were quite alike in the way they adapted their game in the latter years of their career. The two of them demonstrated quality like few others I have seen at LR,

Rest in Peace sir.
Trevor Francis on 22:57 - Jul 24 with 1494 viewsCiderwithRsie

Trevor Francis on 13:49 - Jul 24 by paulparker

Oh no
I like Trevor as a player he was outstanding for us
That early part of his managerial reign was probably one of the most excited I’ve been
Spackman
Clarke
Gray
Reid
Paul Wright
Sinton

We were building something with that side , such a shame the wheels fell off so soon
RIP Trev , thanks for Villa, that charlton goal and many more memories

Really glad you said that. I felt the same at the time. All rather forgotten soon after due to the way it ended, and then the very fine reigns of both Don Howe and of course Gerry.

I didn't enjoy the Jim Smith years much at all - despite some great players (Byrne,Banno, Fenwick, Dawes and Neil) I never feet he got us and wasted what he'd inherited. It was Trevor Francis that reignited Rangers for me. Sad how some of those guys you mention - especially Andy Gray and Paul Wright - didn't fulflll their promise with us, but we had some great matches.
Trevor Francis on 23:01 - Jul 24 with 1489 viewsCiderwithRsie

Incidentally, for any younger posters who are taking a look at his goals v Villa and Charlton on video for the first tim, just take a sec to notice that this was a guy playing in the equivalent of the premier League, who came to us on a free transfer.
Trevor Francis on 23:15 - Jul 24 with 1460 viewsHayesender

Chris Bart-Williams gone as well, only 49. Quite ironic that Trevor Francis managed him while at Sheffield Wednesday.

Sad day for football

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Trevor Francis on 23:54 - Jul 24 with 1431 viewsPunteR

Sad news. Superb footballer. Wasn't he the first million pound player?
RIP

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Trevor Francis on 23:57 - Jul 24 with 1428 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Remember the away game at Birmingham in 1974. We had a strong team and I thought we had more than enough to beat them. Trevor Francis ripped us to shreds scoring two himself. We lost 4-0. He had just turned 20. An awesome young player.
Login to get fewer ads

Trevor Francis on 00:26 - Jul 25 with 1401 viewsSydneyRs

Trevor Francis on 22:27 - Jul 24 by RsinWales

When he came to us I was a bit worried he was past his best.

Turned out to be an absolute quality signing. Attitude, endeavour, class and football brain. Boy could he pick and execute a pass. Was a pleasure to watch him play.

As someone else mentioned on this thread, he and Wilkins were quite alike in the way they adapted their game in the latter years of their career. The two of them demonstrated quality like few others I have seen at LR,

Rest in Peace sir.

Same. Thought he was too old but his class was obvious (well, maybe not his penalty taking) from the start. Scored some superb goals for us. One volley v Charlton I think in the cup was ridiculous. Was a shame things later went sour with the Martin Allen thing when he was manager.
Trevor Francis on 00:40 - Jul 25 with 1382 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Trevor Francis on 16:16 - Jul 24 by flynnbo

No mention of us in Sky's report. Nice.

They mentioned QPR on the RTE website and said he had a heart attack 11 years ago but kept fit by power walking daily .
His wife died in 2017 after battling cancer .
RIP they are back together hopefully
Trevor Francis on 01:11 - Jul 25 with 1365 viewscharmr

Played some great football when he was the manager.

Had the pleasure of being allowed into the staduim to tell him after a game that I thought it was the best football I’d seen since Venables. Very chuffed and appreciative.
Trevor Francis on 01:28 - Jul 25 with 1357 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Trevor Francis on 11:09 - Jul 25 with 1212 viewsthemodfather

all this gets me thinking , what a team we had for a few years , shame no cup ever won but some wonderful football, ball to feet, clever stuff, some quality players mixed with youth and experience.
that liverpool 3-2 game , we was 2-1 down and paul wright scored 2 , then was sold? wives running round the directors box and tv lapping it up. trevor was a real talent, he could hold the ball literally on his ankle bone and be ready to go either way and leave the defnder for dust. RIP
Trevor Francis on 12:14 - Jul 25 with 1134 viewspaulparker

Trevor Francis on 16:34 - Jul 24 by izlingtonhoop

Yep. The 3-2 liverpool win!

I'll never forget that afternoon.

Thanks Trev

Particularly remember this evening too...

[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 16:37]

That Liverpool was a massive pressure game for Francis I’m pretty sure that morning Spackman did a piece in the papers about how Francis had lost the dressing room
Allen had left under a cloud , Gray has been and gone and Paul Wright was homesick , it wasn’t looking good for Trev at all
Liverpool were also unbeaten and we were near the bottom , but what a game , Falco completely bossed Hysen that day , I actually felt we should of won by more

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Trevor Francis on 13:02 - Jul 25 with 1063 viewsManinBlack

Very sad to hear this. Both Francis and Wilkins gone too soon. Seems like both cursed as QPR player managers shortening their life spans. Both terrific players on the pitch if not so good as managers. RIP Trev.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024