Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we just breach FFP? 13:07 - Jul 30 with 3747 viewsadhoc_qpr

Haven’t posted for ages, but feels like the clubs at a real crossroads now - so honest question, should we just accept we need to breach FFP and strengthen the squad to give us a chance of staying up?

It’s clear we don’t have the ability/nous/connections/a plan to uncover bargains, lower league gems, loans, cheap veteran players to fill a specific role needed to create a squad to compete for survival within FFP.

We don’t have a championship calibre team, let alone a squad currently.

So should we just accept likely relegation and an FFP reset next season, at the risk of free falling down the leagues and spending years in limbo?

Or try and stay up, breach FFP and try and deal with the future transfer embargo’s and financial pain in the future.

No good answers really, but I do half think just breaching FFP like a pretty fair chunk of championship clubs so might not be that bad compared to what we are going through to stay compliant?
Should we just breach FFP? on 13:25 - Jul 30 with 3673 viewsMedwayR

No, just stay in the mix and don't get cut adrift. Then, when the points deductions for teams just above come flooding in we'll stay up by default and then have headroom to strengthen next summer. Faultless plan...

Or we ideally sell someone for decent money and we use that to strengthen the squad, maybe gamble by strengthening now and selling in Jan.

Poll: Who’s better?

Should we just breach FFP? on 13:42 - Jul 30 with 3606 viewsHAMRanger

or, someone needs to have strong words with Eze!
Should we just breach FFP? on 14:18 - Jul 30 with 3521 viewsTomS

Or, we take a leaf out of the elite clubs playbooks and sell players who are past their use-by dates for megabucks to unsuspecting Saudi clubs.
Should we just breach FFP? on 14:18 - Jul 30 with 3521 viewsPunteR

No. Look at Reading. And haven't we already breached with Warburton's 3rd season?
I think we will be digging an even deeper hole. Don't get me wrong, i think everyone involved with QPR has thought the same about just spending and taking a gamble, but we don't have the right people at the club right now to even do that properly.
At this moment in time (i know season hasn't even started yet) i feel the only way we're going to improve over the next few decades is the ownership HAS to change. Has to. They've proved they cant manage a football club. We've gone backwards since they've got here. The training ground they got lucky with after years of chasing Warren Farm. But fairplay they did get their wallets out for that eventually. Imagine that ! A football club with a training ground!
The whole coaching staff from youth upwards has to change, scouts too.
Someone mentioned on another thread that the team and squad we have right now is Ferdinand's legacy and i agree with him to an extent but its not all LF'S fault. The owners have to take some responsibility. The original plan that was set out by Ferdinand was a good one but its just been poorly executed. We need solid foundations at the club as we've seen what spending money does to us. We clearly still have some work to do.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Should we just breach FFP? on 14:27 - Jul 30 with 3465 viewsDavieQPR

For every Reading there is a Birmingham.
Should we just breach FFP? on 14:47 - Jul 30 with 3397 viewsDannyPaddox

Even before the Oxford Shitshow I pondered this. It’s a literal test of the old adage of a player being worth so many points.

As it stands by abiding with FFP it’s quite possible we’re going down anyway. So do we say fcuk ffp and buy players hoping their goals/ midfield expertise/ defence qualities will be worth more than the 6 (?) points we’d be docked?

I guess Reading wrestled with the same quandary when they got Caroll and co. in.
Should we just breach FFP? on 14:50 - Jul 30 with 3363 viewsgazza1

No we should not, it is against the rules.......
Should we just breach FFP? on 15:05 - Jul 30 with 3318 viewsMedwayR

Should we just breach FFP? on 14:18 - Jul 30 by PunteR

No. Look at Reading. And haven't we already breached with Warburton's 3rd season?
I think we will be digging an even deeper hole. Don't get me wrong, i think everyone involved with QPR has thought the same about just spending and taking a gamble, but we don't have the right people at the club right now to even do that properly.
At this moment in time (i know season hasn't even started yet) i feel the only way we're going to improve over the next few decades is the ownership HAS to change. Has to. They've proved they cant manage a football club. We've gone backwards since they've got here. The training ground they got lucky with after years of chasing Warren Farm. But fairplay they did get their wallets out for that eventually. Imagine that ! A football club with a training ground!
The whole coaching staff from youth upwards has to change, scouts too.
Someone mentioned on another thread that the team and squad we have right now is Ferdinand's legacy and i agree with him to an extent but its not all LF'S fault. The owners have to take some responsibility. The original plan that was set out by Ferdinand was a good one but its just been poorly executed. We need solid foundations at the club as we've seen what spending money does to us. We clearly still have some work to do.

I agree we need a change at board level, that doesn't necessarily mean a change of owners but a change of approach is required. However, I'm not sure our owners are capable of changing. If you look at the clubs we should be looking to emulate (Brighton, Brentford) they both have owners who are clued up and executed a plan. Ours don't have that and it shows.

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Should we just breach FFP? on 15:20 - Jul 30 with 3279 viewsJuzzie

We breach FFP and don’t go up = massive massive problems
We breach FFP, go up, then they’ll just wait until we come down again (whether after one season or five) = massive massive problems (points deductions probably, knowing a fine won’t have the same effect)

Either way it’s not really an advisable thing to do.
Should we just breach FFP? on 16:29 - Jul 30 with 3090 viewsQPRConor2000

No, we would be paying the price for years to come.

We dont want to get back into trouble again.
Should we just breach FFP? on 16:41 - Jul 30 with 3052 viewsMytch_QPR

If you look at the sort of clubs we should model ourselves on - Brentford, Luton, Burnley for example - they have made a plan and then stuck with it. Everyone follows the plan - if it takes longer than anticipated or hit some bumps in the road they still stick with it.

We've ripped up plans and started again on numerous occasions. We nearly had it with Warburton. Perhaps, in hindsight, we should have stopped the spending and told MW to like it or lump it. He may still be here and our finances might be healthier.

Anyway, Heston is a start. We have to swallow the bitter pill of previous overspends and hope that the squad find a collective spirit to surprise us and grind out some performances. It may be a case of taking a major step back and going again.

We're all dreading it - but we've already got our tickets sorted out for August, right?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Should we just breach FFP? on 16:51 - Jul 30 with 3020 viewsthompsonridd

I reckon we could be Bury's gate yesterday when were in the 9th tier
Should we just breach FFP? on 17:56 - Jul 30 with 2876 viewsBushRanger82

If I was a billionaire co-owner of QPR, I would have ignored any attempt to sabotage my attempts to pull this club up by it's boot straps.
Should we just breach FFP? on 00:02 - Aug 1 with 2574 viewsHooping_Mad

Does FFP have any small print, exceptions, possibilities for some creative accounting? Maybe create a shell company and sell it Jordan Archers shoulder at an overinflated price.....

Can we plead insanity?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Should we just breach FFP? on 00:57 - Aug 1 with 2540 viewsMatch82

Should we just breach FFP? on 16:41 - Jul 30 by Mytch_QPR

If you look at the sort of clubs we should model ourselves on - Brentford, Luton, Burnley for example - they have made a plan and then stuck with it. Everyone follows the plan - if it takes longer than anticipated or hit some bumps in the road they still stick with it.

We've ripped up plans and started again on numerous occasions. We nearly had it with Warburton. Perhaps, in hindsight, we should have stopped the spending and told MW to like it or lump it. He may still be here and our finances might be healthier.

Anyway, Heston is a start. We have to swallow the bitter pill of previous overspends and hope that the squad find a collective spirit to surprise us and grind out some performances. It may be a case of taking a major step back and going again.

We're all dreading it - but we've already got our tickets sorted out for August, right?

"We've ripped up plans and started again on numerous occasions. We nearly had it with Warburton. Perhaps, in hindsight, we should have stopped the spending and told MW to like it or lump it. He may still be here and our finances might be healthier."

This. This is absolutely what we should have done. Up till that point LF and particularly Hoos, were doing a good job in my opinion. That was the tipping point for everything to start going wrong.
Should we just breach FFP? on 00:58 - Aug 1 with 2537 viewsSydneyRs

Given our previous I reckon we'd be hit harder than other teams if we did, making relegation a certainty anyway. This season isn't going to be fun but if we somehow survive then it gets a bit easier.
Should we just breach FFP? on 05:47 - Aug 1 with 2479 viewsstowmarketrange

Should we just breach FFP? on 15:20 - Jul 30 by Juzzie

We breach FFP and don’t go up = massive massive problems
We breach FFP, go up, then they’ll just wait until we come down again (whether after one season or five) = massive massive problems (points deductions probably, knowing a fine won’t have the same effect)

Either way it’s not really an advisable thing to do.

Didn’t Leicester and Bournemouth cut a deal with the FL over their breaches of FFP?Could we not cut the same sort of deal?
Should we just breach FFP? on 10:59 - Aug 1 with 2354 viewsQPR_John

Should we just breach FFP? on 05:47 - Aug 1 by stowmarketrange

Didn’t Leicester and Bournemouth cut a deal with the FL over their breaches of FFP?Could we not cut the same sort of deal?

No we are QPR remember. The FL gave us a massive fine then changed the rules to lessen the financial punishment before our case was finished but still went ahead. They are hardly likely to be amenable to cut a deal.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 11:00]
Should we just breach FFP? on 12:25 - Aug 1 with 2245 viewsHayesender

FFP my arris

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Should we just breach FFP? on 16:51 - Aug 1 with 2095 viewswombat

Should we just breach FFP? on 12:25 - Aug 1 by Hayesender

FFP my arris

two choices ,

buy a cheap foreign club and do a watford and put players through them and loan them to us

get a mega bucks spnserpship deal to help with generated income , so win the lottery tonight and be spondered by freds chippy next season for 20 million quid .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024