Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP and Transfer Embargos 06:55 - Aug 5 with 3361 viewsThe_Beast1976

Why is it that we seem to be the only club in the Championship talking ourselves down on account of FFP? As far as I can see, no other club is bothered by it and all seem to be signing players and being fairly upbeat about their chances (even those, such as Cardiff, under transfer embargos - how the fcuk does that even work (signing players whilst under a transfer embargo)?
FFP and Transfer Embargos on 07:00 - Aug 5 with 3333 viewsknocker

Probably because not spending any money because they want to sell up.
FFP and Transfer Embargos on 07:45 - Aug 5 with 3220 viewsPunteR

No other club has been hit with a record breaking fine.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

FFP and Transfer Embargos on 09:24 - Aug 5 with 2990 viewsdistortR

Reading ignored it last year, effectively relegated them.
FFP and Transfer Embargos on 09:50 - Aug 5 with 2924 viewsQPR_John

FFP and Transfer Embargos on 07:45 - Aug 5 by PunteR

No other club has been hit with a record breaking fine.

Nail on Head.

We got the biggest punishment and I imagine if we break FFP again we will get it in the neck.
FFP and Transfer Embargos on 12:40 - Aug 5 with 2679 viewsbaz_qpr

We are already operating like we are under embargo. If we start as anticipated then we might as well break it and gamble on the 6 points because the long term damage to the club in terms of gate receipts fan loyalty, toxicity etc of just accepting a season march towards relegation seems worse to me than strengthening making the right long term investments and more chance of coming back stronger if you go down with the 6 points
FFP and Transfer Embargos on 12:46 - Aug 5 with 2657 viewsMatch82

FFP and Transfer Embargos on 12:40 - Aug 5 by baz_qpr

We are already operating like we are under embargo. If we start as anticipated then we might as well break it and gamble on the 6 points because the long term damage to the club in terms of gate receipts fan loyalty, toxicity etc of just accepting a season march towards relegation seems worse to me than strengthening making the right long term investments and more chance of coming back stronger if you go down with the 6 points

What about the bit where the FA realize it's QPR, scratch around the back of the sofa and find a reason to dock us 15 points instead of 6 because "its our second offence"?
FFP and Transfer Embargos on 12:46 - Aug 5 with 2651 viewskernowhoop

Our 'embargo' is self-imposed, commensurate with a) our loss-making business and b) the financial rules of the EFL.
Taking risks and spending other people's money is, of course, much easier than spending one's own.
FFP and Transfer Embargos on 14:51 - Aug 5 with 2444 viewsAndybrat

Are fans allowed to buy players? Or somehow sponsor them to the tune of say £300K?
Login to get fewer ads

FFP and Transfer Embargos on 14:53 - Aug 5 with 2438 viewsQPR_John

FFP and Transfer Embargos on 12:46 - Aug 5 by Match82

What about the bit where the FA realize it's QPR, scratch around the back of the sofa and find a reason to dock us 15 points instead of 6 because "its our second offence"?

Did you not know as we were originally punished under the old rules they still apply to us. 15 points luxury it will be a £80M fine which the very understanding FL will graciously reduce it to £20M.
FFP and Transfer Embargos on 15:09 - Aug 5 with 2407 viewsJuzzie

FFP and Transfer Embargos on 14:51 - Aug 5 by Andybrat

Are fans allowed to buy players? Or somehow sponsor them to the tune of say £300K?

We already did that with Shittu and Doudou (via the Winton family) and Brentford’s owner went crying to the FL.
FFP and Transfer Embargos on 18:21 - Aug 5 with 2307 viewsLazyFan

I have been thinking about this.
The club constantly states that they will obey the rules and everyone has to follow them. To the extent that I think this message is not just for the fans, its for the the EFL as well.

You see, somewhere down the line the EFL will be forced to make some more special case exceptions (as they already have done multiple times for clubs like Reading) for big cubs as we know they like to do.

I suspect the club is logging all of this, making sure its a whole host of them and in many different ways, waiting until some level of certainty is reached. And then they are gonna sue the EFL hard. In lawyer talk this I think is called a case file, or multiple case files. Enough rope to hang em selves in the court of law (not court of opinion).

The EFL will think they can get away with it again, but it will be such a volume of evidence (which takes time and the EFL continuing to make mistakes), that the EFL will be hammered into admin themselves as a result of a long court case that when the evidence is presented they get caught out time and again.

At which point the clubs pick up the league and tell em to feck off. But that is a long game.
However its a constant message, its presented in a way, that goes beyond the fans. It always looks like a warning to the EFL and other clubs not to take the piddle. It also shows that the club not only played by the rules, but had the clear expectation that everyone else would as well, including the EFL on its own rules.

We shall see...

zzzzzzzzzz

FFP and Transfer Embargos on 18:23 - Aug 5 with 2273 viewsDamo1962

FFP and Transfer Embargos on 18:21 - Aug 5 by LazyFan

I have been thinking about this.
The club constantly states that they will obey the rules and everyone has to follow them. To the extent that I think this message is not just for the fans, its for the the EFL as well.

You see, somewhere down the line the EFL will be forced to make some more special case exceptions (as they already have done multiple times for clubs like Reading) for big cubs as we know they like to do.

I suspect the club is logging all of this, making sure its a whole host of them and in many different ways, waiting until some level of certainty is reached. And then they are gonna sue the EFL hard. In lawyer talk this I think is called a case file, or multiple case files. Enough rope to hang em selves in the court of law (not court of opinion).

The EFL will think they can get away with it again, but it will be such a volume of evidence (which takes time and the EFL continuing to make mistakes), that the EFL will be hammered into admin themselves as a result of a long court case that when the evidence is presented they get caught out time and again.

At which point the clubs pick up the league and tell em to feck off. But that is a long game.
However its a constant message, its presented in a way, that goes beyond the fans. It always looks like a warning to the EFL and other clubs not to take the piddle. It also shows that the club not only played by the rules, but had the clear expectation that everyone else would as well, including the EFL on its own rules.

We shall see...

Interesting. Would love to see it happen.
FFP and Transfer Embargos on 18:25 - Aug 5 with 2267 viewsQPR_John

FFP and Transfer Embargos on 18:23 - Aug 5 by Damo1962

Interesting. Would love to see it happen.

Me too
FFP and Transfer Embargos on 18:58 - Aug 5 with 2118 viewsGloucs_R

Our embargo is all about making the club look profitable whilst the owners try to sell up and recoup what they can.

Covering up their monumental mistakes.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 19:00]

Poll: Are we staying up?

FFP and Transfer Embargos on 19:14 - Aug 5 with 2048 viewsbaz_qpr

FFP and Transfer Embargos on 18:58 - Aug 5 by Gloucs_R

Our embargo is all about making the club look profitable whilst the owners try to sell up and recoup what they can.

Covering up their monumental mistakes.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 19:00]

Bottom of the league getting thrashed every week is unlikely to make the club very appealing to investors
FFP and Transfer Embargos on 19:22 - Aug 5 with 1994 viewsrbee

The Profit and Sustainability Regulations work on a three year cycle. We heavily funded Warburton's attempt at promotion and we funded Michael Beale when he arrived at the club.

The past two seasons overspending has left us painfully short for this season, the third season in the cycle. This is why Profit and Sustainability is a huge problem for us this season and keeps getting mentioned.

However it is basically our own fault, we went for it and failed.
FFP and Transfer Embargos on 19:31 - Aug 5 with 1963 viewsGloucs_R

FFP and Transfer Embargos on 19:14 - Aug 5 by baz_qpr

Bottom of the league getting thrashed every week is unlikely to make the club very appealing to investors

That's not what they are naively hoping for though.

Poll: Are we staying up?

FFP and Transfer Embargos on 19:42 - Aug 5 with 1919 viewsLordPork

Can't help but feel that when that Fine Judgement was passed the accusers should have been wearing a black hanky on their head.

It's effectively killed us off, and if we didn't fully appreciate it then, we do now. I suspect the PL / EFL were more than fully aware of the implications and where it would put us. Draconian as it may seem there's no other course open to them/us than to progress as best we can, relegation being the probably outcome.

In the meantime British Football punches above it's weight when compared to the rest of the world. No matter how much money the Saudi leagues and others throw at it they can't ( currently ) replicate our footballing infrastructure and culture. Meanwhile having screwed us over the Leagues happily sit and watch millions being taken out of "our game" by overseas Agents and commissions.

Current laws and politicians have been lax in keeping up with this loss and since Blair's Government none have tackled the issue whilst making sounds to do so. far easier then, to slap a fine on us than look further into the issue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024