Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report 07:32 - Sep 4 with 9197 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60809
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 12:31 - Sep 4 with 2325 viewsBklynRanger

One thing I noticed, after Dozzell got subbed he wasn't having a laugh with players and talking up his insane goal like you might expect.

He looked to be really intently focused on following the game.

Whatever switched has been flipped I hope it's been covered in gaffer tape and stays that way.
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 12:32 - Sep 4 with 2326 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 11:43 - Sep 4 by CateLeBonR

Thanks Clive. I was with a mate yesterday who watched the goals and he was well impressed with Paul Smyth’s de facto assist for the second. I think he’s been brilliant since returning and If only Armstrong had finished off that run and cross in the first half.

So just a point on this. By the official way they do assists, Colback laying a four yard pass for Dozzell to then whop one in from 30 yards is an assist, but Paul Smyth carrying the ball down the wing, beating two men out by the corner flag, dribbling it into the area and putting a cross in that caused havoc resulting in a goal is not. Not for me Clive.
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 12:34 - Sep 4 with 2318 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 11:41 - Sep 4 by Silverfoxqpr

Glad someone mentioned that, thought it was just me but quite honestly I was bored stiff sitting in the stand at Southampton last week watching the tippy tappy shenanigans in front of me. No idea or context of their 5-0 loss at the weekend but the score line did make me laugh.

We watched the Sunderland Southampton game in the pub. I've seen three of their five games so far and they've had that coming. Been bailed out against us, Plymouth and Sheff Wed (the three relegation favourites) by goals (often late on) from strikers they paid between 40-50m quid for having spent most of the game fartarsing around trying to be the first team to complete 1000 passes in a game. Smug Martin giving it "the transfer window's different here to my other clubs, we sign players". Fck off mate, and take your muscle fit t-shirt with you. V pleased they got what was coming to them, just a shame it wasn't us that did it when it easily could have been.
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 12:35 - Sep 4 with 2311 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 11:30 - Sep 4 by Burnleyhoop

I think Dozzell had forgotten how to smile. Has had a face like a slapped arse since he came which is hardly surprising with all the stick he has taken.

The turnaround in attitude and performance is truly remarkable and I for one am flabbergasted, but Kudos to him and Ainsworth for putting the work in to get him here. Long may it continue.

Good pointer for certain other players who aren't in the team though. Buy in, get picked. Don't, don't.
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 12:53 - Sep 4 with 2215 viewscpgerber

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 08:26 - Sep 4 by Northernr

Well I still think we're miles short depth and quality wise and it'll cost us through a long winter, but you've got to admire the turn around in the last few weeks from Watford, in every regard.

I think the aim should be to make it to January and take it from there. We start in two weeks time with a basically full and fit squad (assuming Dykes, Cookes & Dunne are back), so have to get through 20 odd games with this squad.

Very do-able and the optimists amongst us might even hope we get through to that unscathed. Then we can look to strengthen rather than replace.

The realists will know better, so perhaps see where we are then and loan/free sign what we need then. No use signing 2 right backs now and in January we find ourselves needing two left backs with no room to do it. (as example)

Who knows, maybe we make a big sell then and other options become available.
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 13:48 - Sep 4 with 2079 viewsA40Bosh

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 11:30 - Sep 4 by Burnleyhoop

I think Dozzell had forgotten how to smile. Has had a face like a slapped arse since he came which is hardly surprising with all the stick he has taken.

The turnaround in attitude and performance is truly remarkable and I for one am flabbergasted, but Kudos to him and Ainsworth for putting the work in to get him here. Long may it continue.

Funnily enough even before I just read this comment I had been watching his ITFC match interviews and I think the face like a slapped arse was just as much in evidence there as it has been since he came to us.

Some of us do have natural RBF, ‘resting bitch face’ and maybe like myself and my youngest daughter he is just guilty of that and combined with him probably not being a natural in front of the camera he comes across as miserable and ‘does not want to be here’.

I hope his Boro performance is the start of a turnaround for him and he has a good season.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 14:21 - Sep 4 with 1983 viewsVancouverHoop

I suspect he's just not the demonstrative type. As it goes Colback doesn't particularly seem to be either. We've got so used to players doing cartwheels and a dance routine when they score any thing less seems mardy.
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 14:26 - Sep 4 with 1974 viewsSAPilgrim

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 12:35 - Sep 4 by Northernr

Good pointer for certain other players who aren't in the team though. Buy in, get picked. Don't, don't.

Actually quite refreshing as an attitude for the players/managers to have. It’s also nice to have a manager willing (not just able) to go to the young lads/backups.I know Warburton’s views on what he had behind the first team, but Ainsworth’s managing to get dozzell firing, put kakay in a system that really works for him, etc. Might just be me but it also seens like he’s taking much more of a role with the DS as well… turned up to their game today, was there last week I’m sure I saw. Buy-in.
Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 14:44 - Sep 4 with 1931 viewsngbqpr

Technically Immaculate Shitpinger is going straight on my John Peel / Gilles Peterson band names list.

While Provocative Polish Eurovision Outlier joins my Fall album titles selection.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 15:21 - Sep 4 with 1850 viewsCamberleyR

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 14:44 - Sep 4 by ngbqpr

Technically Immaculate Shitpinger is going straight on my John Peel / Gilles Peterson band names list.

While Provocative Polish Eurovision Outlier joins my Fall album titles selection.

"And coming up later, a session from Technically Immaculate Shitpinger"

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 15:26 - Sep 4 with 1804 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 14:21 - Sep 4 by VancouverHoop

I suspect he's just not the demonstrative type. As it goes Colback doesn't particularly seem to be either. We've got so used to players doing cartwheels and a dance routine when they score any thing less seems mardy.

Colback was pretty bloody demonstrative when twice in the final minute of the first half, leading 1-0 away from home, we turned our own throw in into sht back passes that put begovic in trouble. He had lots and lots to say about that
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 15:34 - Sep 4 with 1769 viewsHunterhoop

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 15:26 - Sep 4 by Northernr

Colback was pretty bloody demonstrative when twice in the final minute of the first half, leading 1-0 away from home, we turned our own throw in into sht back passes that put begovic in trouble. He had lots and lots to say about that

He and Cook are professionals though. They are leaders on the pitch, which we desperately needed. Two year contracts are longer than we want, but to have around the squad when we have so many inexperienced players and so little cash to sign players in their prime, is probably worth it. Obviously we need to hope their legs hold longer than Johansen and Austin.
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 15:37 - Sep 4 with 1749 viewsLanhoop

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 15:26 - Sep 4 by Northernr

I think we all did. We are generally rubbish at keeping possession from throw-in's. Something needs to be done on the training ground.
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 16:23 - Sep 4 with 1645 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 14:44 - Sep 4 by ngbqpr

Hope you've got 'Coconut Dwarf Assault' on that list? What a great band (I've no idea).
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 16:24 - Sep 4 with 1645 viewsManinBlack

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 12:34 - Sep 4 by Northernr

We watched the Sunderland Southampton game in the pub. I've seen three of their five games so far and they've had that coming. Been bailed out against us, Plymouth and Sheff Wed (the three relegation favourites) by goals (often late on) from strikers they paid between 40-50m quid for having spent most of the game fartarsing around trying to be the first team to complete 1000 passes in a game. Smug Martin giving it "the transfer window's different here to my other clubs, we sign players". Fck off mate, and take your muscle fit t-shirt with you. V pleased they got what was coming to them, just a shame it wasn't us that did it when it easily could have been.

Very true. The disappointment for me was that Southampton look very dodgy in defence and we only managed one goal while losing in the process. Already they have shipped 4 to Norwich and 5 to Sunderland in just five games so they can be got at. A missed opportunity opportunity there for another away win.
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 16:26 - Sep 4 with 1632 viewsngbqpr

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 16:23 - Sep 4 by Silverfoxqpr

Hope you've got 'Coconut Dwarf Assault' on that list? What a great band (I've no idea).

IN

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 16:28 - Sep 4 with 1628 viewsngbqpr

Colback was flippin' everywhere. Never been convinced by him in the past - but watching him up close for 90 minutes...exactly what we need right now tbf.

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 16:28 - Sep 4 with 1623 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 12:35 - Sep 4 by Northernr

I’m assuming you are alluding to Willock and Richard’s Clive, which is fair enough. We know Willock is a far better player than Dozzell, but it appears that Dozzell has realised that through effort and application you are more likely to get in an Ainsworth team than through reputation alone.

I have no problem with that whatsoever. Selection should be on merit and if you want in, apply yourself accordingly because at the moment everyone is indeed, “emptying the tank”.
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 17:04 - Sep 4 with 1545 viewsVancouverHoop

I was really referring to goal celebrations. Plus Colback's willingness to tear into our defenders isn't particularly evident on TV.
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 17:15 - Sep 4 with 1524 viewsMetallica_Hoop

That 'Tina Turner video' line really made me laugh.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 17:23 - Sep 4 with 1490 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Man, you must have loved that!

That's a gigantic hobby horse of yours for years!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 18:21 - Sep 4 with 1353 views_tf_

God, I enjoyed Saturday. Enjoyed the walk to the ground, the bizarre skyline, the wag who said 'no one light a cig' when that petrol smell wafted through, the performance, and as noted elsewhere, being right behind Dozzell's shot. It's moments like that, those tiny moments which keep me going. On the 8th September 1973 my old man, an emigre from Cork City took me to my first game and whilst not falling exacly on the anniversary I thought,'have to go'. Glad I did. Compared to Watford, that was unrecognisable. Deficiencies in depth noted, but we're going to be all right, I really think so.
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 19:59 - Sep 4 with 1194 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 17:23 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Man, you must have loved that!

That's a gigantic hobby horse of yours for years!

Big fan
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 20:05 - Sep 4 with 1166 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The only worry for me is that gap between Kakay and Cook which was exploited numerous times by Boro. They must have gone through 3 or 4 times and against a better strike force we would have been in trouble.
Kakay looks to be out of position on the highlights.

Aside from that, great performance, Dozzell looking the part, and a cracking match report as always.
Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 20:11 - Sep 4 with 1144 viewsCiderwithRsie

Dozzell spectacular arrival drives QPR's latest Riverside wonder - Report on 17:15 - Sep 4 by Metallica_Hoop

That 'Tina Turner video' line really made me laugh.

It was simply the best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024