Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wild Rovers Return Fred 15:13 - Oct 6 with 30794 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mate from neighbouring village, whom I used to sit with at LR, and moi are back to see what all this relegation nonsense is all about and, if required, breathe some life into the old dog.

Resounding display, full of gallic flair and let hi-ho silver lining ring out.

2-1 Rangers 'ave it Monsieur!!
[Post edited 6 Oct 2023 15:19]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:25 - Oct 6 with 7916 viewsderbyhoop

I'm not making ant predictions until I see the teams. We know Begovic is available, Field isn't. Cook and Colback could be crucial.
Not many pundits predicting a home win,but we must manage one some time.

ATM all 3 outcomes plausible.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:50 - Oct 6 with 7863 viewshantssi

Hopefully a repeat of the 4-2 game in 19 before lockdown and games behind closed doors.
We played some scintillating football that day!
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:53 - Oct 6 with 7852 viewsdmm

Many might think this is a make or break game for Ainsworth. I was beginning to think so but according to WLS's Ian McCullough, Ainsworth is not under pressure from the board.

Blackburn have six players out and are on a run of four defeats. Surely this time Rangers.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:54 - Oct 6 with 7843 viewsRangersw12

I'm going for a very optimistic 1 all draw
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:01 - Oct 6 with 7812 viewsMick_S

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:54 - Oct 6 by Rangersw12

I'm going for a very optimistic 1 all draw

We haven’t scored twice in a game for ages.

Jinx.🕺🏿

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:10 - Oct 6 with 7791 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:53 - Oct 6 by dmm

Many might think this is a make or break game for Ainsworth. I was beginning to think so but according to WLS's Ian McCullough, Ainsworth is not under pressure from the board.

Blackburn have six players out and are on a run of four defeats. Surely this time Rangers.

Watched extended highlights of their match against Coventry the other night and they were really unlucky. Had a goal chalked off that should of stood, hit the woodwork a couple of times (as did Coventry to be fair) and generally looked like a good footballing side. Don't get me wrong hope we wipe the floor with them but as ever it'll be hard work to get anything in my opinion given our 'form'.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:19 - Oct 6 with 7743 viewsstantheman10

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:53 - Oct 6 by dmm

Why would Ainsworth be under pressure from the board? it's only October!
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:23 - Oct 6 with 7733 viewsdmm

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:10 - Oct 6 by Silverfoxqpr

Watched extended highlights of their match against Coventry the other night and they were really unlucky. Had a goal chalked off that should of stood, hit the woodwork a couple of times (as did Coventry to be fair) and generally looked like a good footballing side. Don't get me wrong hope we wipe the floor with them but as ever it'll be hard work to get anything in my opinion given our 'form'.

Thanks for that. I've not seen them this season so their form and players out gave me a glimmer of hope. And that glimmer is now a little dimmer.
Login to get fewer ads

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:35 - Oct 6 with 7682 viewsTomS

I get the feeling that both sides will be desperate not to lose and will play according. We can't score, they can't get a result, so unfortunately it has all the hallmarks of a 0-0 borefest.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 16:44 - Oct 6 with 7655 viewscolinallcars

We'll give 'em such a good hiding they'll apply to the EFL to have the rest of this season's fixtures cancelled.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 17:34 - Oct 6 with 7535 viewsHayesender

Been feeling under the weather this week, so gonna give this one a miss. You'll all be pleased to know, the last home game I missed was Watford last season🤞

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 18:33 - Oct 6 with 7463 viewsaston_hoop

Tryng to think of a team for this one with Dozzell being the only fit midfielder. Do we think Paal could move into midfield? Larkeche can start on the left. Or Dixon-Bonner might step in? Dunne and JCS only fit centre backs terrifies me too, don't think we can switch to Kakay in a two if (when) JCS picks up his injury. Can Dunne even do 90 at the moment? Tough one.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 18:41 - Oct 6 with 7450 viewsdmm

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 18:33 - Oct 6 by aston_hoop

Tryng to think of a team for this one with Dozzell being the only fit midfielder. Do we think Paal could move into midfield? Larkeche can start on the left. Or Dixon-Bonner might step in? Dunne and JCS only fit centre backs terrifies me too, don't think we can switch to Kakay in a two if (when) JCS picks up his injury. Can Dunne even do 90 at the moment? Tough one.

I'm wondering if Ainsworth might switch to a 4231 and get more players in the box. I'd like to see Armstrong, Chair and Smyth as the three behind Dykes.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 18:43 - Oct 6 with 7445 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Just landed, feel the buzz.

Kin 'ave it!!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 19:49 - Oct 6 with 7339 viewsBoston

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:25 - Oct 6 by derbyhoop

I'm not making ant predictions until I see the teams. We know Begovic is available, Field isn't. Cook and Colback could be crucial.
Not many pundits predicting a home win,but we must manage one some time.

ATM all 3 outcomes plausible.

You wouldn't happen to have been acquainted with a Richard Hirsh in your Tour de France house selling days? Can't recall where you mentioned home was, but he's an hour and a bit south of Toulouse.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 20:44 - Oct 6 with 7271 viewsDorse

An afternoon of piss-boiling gob-bummery awaits. I may sack this off and do something more fun, like jamming a corkscrew down my schlong.

You heard.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 21:26 - Oct 6 with 7209 viewsManinBlack

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 15:50 - Oct 6 by hantssi

Hopefully a repeat of the 4-2 game in 19 before lockdown and games behind closed doors.
We played some scintillating football that day!

I may be wrong but wasn't the 4-2 game the only time we have beaten our jinx club in the last 20 meetings? The only way we will win is if Rovers score for us with the team we are likely to field. I have lost any belief in us at home.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 23:13 - Oct 6 with 7104 viewsstainrods_elbow

So this is what we've come to, people: our club legend manager and his Rs fan sidekick, seemingly ageing before our eyes from 50 to a bug-eyed, slavering 67, facing his footballing first loves at LR to avert our worst home run without a win since our currently catastrophic club was born 141 years ago!

Symbolism isn't everything, but it's tempting to feel that, if he fails, the means he'll be signing his own managerial death warrant through the machinic meltdown of fate. No pressure then, Gareth!

Meanwhile, the visitors, reportedly, have six players out, only one more win and two more points than us, and roll into town the back of four successive defeats. Gulp!

If we can't make some kind of decent fist of this one, where is the hooped hope?

Prediction: Rs 1, Rovers 0. (Gritty, far from pretty, and a spawny winner off Armstrong's arse at the death.)

Either that, or another ragged defensive disaster, and a riot.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2023 23:16]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 23:32 - Oct 6 with 7077 viewsHoopsie

Notwithstanding we have no attacking threat, no forward plan, no attacking strategy, can’t beat the first man with corners, long throw fail, no or few shots on goal, never seems to score at the loft, not winning at home, you think we got to win this, surely? If not.

I predict a riot at the end of the game, win or lose. A draw will be a relief but will feel deflating

Come on U’Rs

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 00:29 - Oct 7 with 7033 viewsstainrods_elbow

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 18:33 - Oct 6 by aston_hoop

Do I think Paal could move into the midfield? Absolutely, old bean. He's our tippy top scorer and all, and that piece of footballing sorcery alone from our master tacticians at the helm will doubtless catalyse an alchemical turnaround in our fortunes. We could perhaps also deploy Mr Clarke-Salter as a Beckenbauer-esque sweeper, Kakay as a harum-scarum outside right, and Richards as a Stan the Man maverick. Perhaps Mr Kolli could also ask a few of his friends at the Hair Bear Bunch to bring their boots along to make up the numbers?

What could possibly go wrong?
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 0:33]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 00:44 - Oct 7 with 7023 viewslave16

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 00:29 - Oct 7 by stainrods_elbow

Do I think Paal could move into the midfield? Absolutely, old bean. He's our tippy top scorer and all, and that piece of footballing sorcery alone from our master tacticians at the helm will doubtless catalyse an alchemical turnaround in our fortunes. We could perhaps also deploy Mr Clarke-Salter as a Beckenbauer-esque sweeper, Kakay as a harum-scarum outside right, and Richards as a Stan the Man maverick. Perhaps Mr Kolli could also ask a few of his friends at the Hair Bear Bunch to bring their boots along to make up the numbers?

What could possibly go wrong?
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 0:33]

Without seeing the team sheet I'm going for a fourteen all draw when I see it I may reconsider and go for a 1-1 draw with us scoring the equaliser first if we have no cook and colback and a bum squeaker of a 1-0 win if cook and colback play.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 05:58 - Oct 7 with 6940 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Another depressing defeat. A lifeless display, devoid of creativity or intelligence. Jimmy Dunne taking corners, Chair in goal, and playing a 4-0-5 formation as GA decides it will be a good idea to rewild the Loftus Road pitch due to passing on the deck being for wimps.

2-0 to the Rovers.

I thought we'd beat Coventry, so I'm trying the reverse effect here.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 06:51 - Oct 7 with 6911 viewsSpongeParr

It's my sons birthday so can't make the game on Sat. Selling 2 adult tickets in Y block, row L. £30 for the pair. Reply to the post if you are interested. Tickets will be emailed over to you.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 07:53 - Oct 7 with 6823 viewsdistortR

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 23:13 - Oct 6 by stainrods_elbow

So this is what we've come to, people: our club legend manager and his Rs fan sidekick, seemingly ageing before our eyes from 50 to a bug-eyed, slavering 67, facing his footballing first loves at LR to avert our worst home run without a win since our currently catastrophic club was born 141 years ago!

Symbolism isn't everything, but it's tempting to feel that, if he fails, the means he'll be signing his own managerial death warrant through the machinic meltdown of fate. No pressure then, Gareth!

Meanwhile, the visitors, reportedly, have six players out, only one more win and two more points than us, and roll into town the back of four successive defeats. Gulp!

If we can't make some kind of decent fist of this one, where is the hooped hope?

Prediction: Rs 1, Rovers 0. (Gritty, far from pretty, and a spawny winner off Armstrong's arse at the death.)

Either that, or another ragged defensive disaster, and a riot.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2023 23:16]

Correction - Armstrong's 'arse of death'.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 08:51 - Oct 7 with 6742 viewsPaddyhoops

A point will seem like a victory today.
Likely to have no midfield with Field and Colback out
We need to target these games for wins.
Blackburn are in poor form same as Swansea and Coventry.
We garnered 1 point from those two and not expecting much else from this game either.
Gareth loses this one and I’ll expect the crowd to turn.
We’ve gone pretty much a full season with one home win.
It’s not good enough really.
2.1 Blackburn.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024