Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? 16:29 - Oct 7 with 11505 viewsted_hendrix

Honestly?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 11:37 - Oct 8 with 1710 viewsdaveB

Warnock would come
Chris Wilder was after the Reading job and was at Watford so he'd come if offered it

Plenty of others as well, they won't be short of applicants
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 11:41 - Oct 8 with 1679 viewsMick_S

Rooney leaves DC United by mutual consent.

Merry-go-roundtastic.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 11:43]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 12:07 - Oct 8 with 1582 viewsDejR_vu

The one, and only, silver lining to this absolute sh1t show is that we have fallen so far, and are so bad, anyone even marginally better will be a breath of fresh air. Weirdly, if we had made the Ainsworth and Critchley appointments the other way round, I think Critchley would have done much better than he did, just by virtue of player buy-in, in following someone as bad as Ainsworth rather than someone the players had been besotted with.

Now watch the owners find the love-child of Paul Hart and Alan Mullery.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 12:08 - Oct 8 with 1573 viewsHamptonR

I agree with Ted, beggars cant be choosers, but Pardew would be a massive no from me.

As are the list of ex players who were playing legends, we currently have one of them.

Warburton didn't see eye to eye with Les, they had different agendas, perhaps with Les gone, he may consider it.
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 12:09 - Oct 8 with 1570 viewstraininvain

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 11:41 - Oct 8 by Mick_S

Rooney leaves DC United by mutual consent.

Merry-go-roundtastic.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 11:43]

Rumour is Rooney to 6th place Birmingham to replace Eustace because their owners want a bigger name. I’d have Eustace back in a heartbeat.
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 12:12 - Oct 8 with 1556 viewseghamranger

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 12:09 - Oct 8 by traininvain

Rumour is Rooney to 6th place Birmingham to replace Eustace because their owners want a bigger name. I’d have Eustace back in a heartbeat.

Just reading that, and why would the owners want that when they are doing ok.

However they are American.

Happily have Eustace as he has done well there
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 12:12 - Oct 8 with 1555 viewshubble

Rumblings on twitter (I know, but anyway) that Eustace is about to be ousted in favour of Rooney. If that scenario is true, there's a potential candidate.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 12:19 - Oct 8 with 1539 viewsDejR_vu

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 12:08 - Oct 8 by HamptonR

I agree with Ted, beggars cant be choosers, but Pardew would be a massive no from me.

As are the list of ex players who were playing legends, we currently have one of them.

Warburton didn't see eye to eye with Les, they had different agendas, perhaps with Les gone, he may consider it.

I can’t imagine Warburton thinks a great deal of the owners. Having destroyed everything he spent three years putting in place I’d be surprised if he was prepared to come back to this mess.

Same could be said of Warnock, the difference being Warnock’s age and aspirations, and the fact his reputation is such that it probably wouldn’t be tarnished if he couldn’t keep us up.

I’d take either in a heart beat, but think, if we have any chance of getting either, it’s more likely to be Warnock, especially now Fernandes has gone. It would probably be our best chance, and would buy 9 months to start sorting the mess out behind the scenes.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 12:30 - Oct 8 with 1506 viewsHoopsie

Will warnick come? Will Warburton come? Will eustace come?

All former QPR. All left with some grudge didn’t they?
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 12:31]

Poll: At this moment in time, whatever the situation, your thoughts on Chris Willock

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 12:31 - Oct 8 with 1500 viewsBklynRanger

Pardew might have been there as a possible DoF option.
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 12:36 - Oct 8 with 1469 viewskensalriser

I'm sure there will be candidates who weren't previously at QPR.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 12:45 - Oct 8 with 1435 viewscharmr

Wayne Rooney was banned in Maryland/DC area from watching his son play. The league banned him. Never heard that before in 12 years involved in soccer here.
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 12:48 - Oct 8 with 1422 viewsthompsonridd

Warburton or Furlong?
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 12:53 - Oct 8 with 1400 viewsQPunkR

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 12:36 - Oct 8 by kensalriser

I'm sure there will be candidates who weren't previously at QPR.

What sorcery is this??

QPR - "shit but local"

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 13:03 - Oct 8 with 1368 viewsted_hendrix

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 11:37 - Oct 8 by daveB

Warnock would come
Chris Wilder was after the Reading job and was at Watford so he'd come if offered it

Plenty of others as well, they won't be short of applicants

*Plenty of others as well, they won't be short of applicants*

When asking what Manager would want to come here I'm looking at It as an atractive or at a minimum a not too bad a job with half a decent squad and what I would call a half decent chance of 'building something' at a well run club.

We do not come under those categories.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 13:33 - Oct 8 with 1307 viewsBlackCrowe

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 13:03 - Oct 8 by ted_hendrix

*Plenty of others as well, they won't be short of applicants*

When asking what Manager would want to come here I'm looking at It as an atractive or at a minimum a not too bad a job with half a decent squad and what I would call a half decent chance of 'building something' at a well run club.

We do not come under those categories.

I've heard the Rooney to Brum speculation too. Eustace would be a perfect option but i doubt he'd think the same.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 13:36 - Oct 8 with 1294 viewsGaryBannister86

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 13:33 - Oct 8 by BlackCrowe

I've heard the Rooney to Brum speculation too. Eustace would be a perfect option but i doubt he'd think the same.

I would be very happy with Eustace or Warbs but I am reminded of that (brilliant, of course) scene in Blackadder the Third when Blackadder is trying to find someone rich to marry the Prince.

He rules a likely candidate out "because she's met him".

I fear we will need someone who doesn't actually realise what a sh*tshow we are.
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 13:36 - Oct 8 with 1292 viewsBklynRanger

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 13:33 - Oct 8 by BlackCrowe

Eustace would have to interview us, and he'd have every right to
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 13:37 - Oct 8 with 1288 viewsdaveB

would have thought Eustace is going to Glasgow Rangers rather than sacked
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 13:40 - Oct 8 with 1277 viewsBushRanger82

Got to admire the optimism of our fan base.

I have been going to Rangers since about '71, and I really can't remember our squad being as poor as this current one. There's very few goals in it, and our defenders can barely defend.
Yet, we think there just might be a fairy Godmother who with just a shake of his magic wand, can make things better.
Even the 'better' players, aren't that much better.

There's a dirty joke in this post, isn't there?
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 13:46 - Oct 8 with 1262 viewsmart_Goblin

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 13:40 - Oct 8 by BushRanger82

I have been going to Rangers since about '71, and I really can't remember our squad being as poor as this current one. There's very few goals in it, and our defenders can barely defend.
Yet, we think there just might be a fairy Godmother who with just a shake of his magic wand, can make things better.

I certainly don’t think there is a ‘fairy godmother’…but I do believe that someone with some nous and experience might be able to get these players playing in a way that suits them better that gets us to create chances and become more solid.

And that it’s worth a try …otherwise we’ll go down with a pathetic wimper . We might anyway but it’s worth a try surely ?
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 14:24 - Oct 8 with 1206 viewsBklynRanger

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 13:40 - Oct 8 by BushRanger82

I don't think it's optimism, if anything I think it's justifiable pessimism.

Ainsworth, as good a bloke as he is, has now proven himself not up to it and has to go. You just can't keep your job after that yesterday, and if he does it says more about our self respect and level of financial desperation as a club than anything else.

Who we get once he goes is the next question. I have no idea.
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 18:02 - Oct 8 with 993 viewsDiggertheMole

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 17:15 - Oct 7 by Rs_Holy

Seriously tho if GA walks then I would appoint Andy Sinton til the end of the season… knows the club inside out, played to a very high standard , has managed before and you know he will give it 110%…

...and,from his commentaries, he is not scared of calling a spade a spade regarding performances. I am only worried that like Ainsworth - a club icon, Sinton will be faced with such a mountain to climb that his legacy as a club legend will be poisoned. I think Warburton would come back, his experience having chastened his views; I'd love Warnock back but it's a long way down to the farm in Cornwall and he'd need a razor-sharp number two.
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 20:13 - Oct 8 with 901 viewsMonkey_Roots

Why are we so obsessed with the devil we know??

Again, I’m quoting/paraphrasing another poster (can’t remember who) - we have an uncanny ability to cast our net far and wide, in our search for a manager, only for the net to fall at our feet.

We can go outside of the QPR family.
What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 20:31 - Oct 8 with 850 viewsNed_Kennedys

What Manager Would Wan't To Come Here? on 20:13 - Oct 8 by Monkey_Roots

Why are we so obsessed with the devil we know??

Again, I’m quoting/paraphrasing another poster (can’t remember who) - we have an uncanny ability to cast our net far and wide, in our search for a manager, only for the net to fall at our feet.

We can go outside of the QPR family.

This is just not true: off the top of my head recently we have appointed Redknapp, Hughes, Hasselbank, McLaren, Beale, Critchley: none of which had any QPR connections at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024