Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best QPR Goal of All Time 13:40 - Oct 11 with 5465 viewsdaveB

Bit of a break from worrying about the current team I'm doing a video on the best 100 goals of all time but thought it might be worth doing a vote for the top 10 I've selected so the winner is not just my pick.

If you fancy having a vote click on this link
https://www.qprhistory.co.uk/head-to-head/top-10-goals-all-time

Should be a video on there as well showing all 10 goals, loads of others worthy of going in but tried to vary with a few from each decade from 60's to now

Vote will close at the end of October with the videos of all 100 goals online at the start of November

Alternatively just post on here which one you think is the best and Ill add them on
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 14:08 - Oct 11 with 4282 viewsNov77

would have voted for Clive Allen's goal at West Ham, Billy Bonds was so impressed he took the knee.
it's not an option so gone for Wegerle at Leeds

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 14:09 - Oct 11 with 4271 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Voted for Wegerle's.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 14:32 - Oct 11 with 4236 viewsflynnbo

Voted for Gerry's goal in 1975. Liverpool were a top team and we were on the up with some shrewd signings under Sexton with an impressive pre season. A superb team goal which led to our best ever finish with a superb home record and led to Gerry being England's captain iirc. Btw, Mick Leach's goal in that game was pretty special too!
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 14:39 - Oct 11 with 4220 viewsqpr1976

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 14:09 - Oct 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Voted for Wegerle's.

Went with Tricky Trevs 1 in a million strike, but plenty of beauties in that 10.
I miss Adel. 2 of Many great goals from him and possibly the greatest assist & vision I’ve ever had the pleasure to witness, outside of his boot from the dugouts touchline to Routledge to control sublimely and round the keeper to score v Cov City. Genius.
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 14:47 - Oct 11 with 4183 viewshubble

Boy oh boy there are some fabulous goals in there. Tricky's bicycle kick will always be one of my faves, not just because it's a fantastic goal, but because I was directly in line with him when he did it, and I still get tingles remembering the roar from everyone in the ground, Barnsley fans included. Gazza's goal is simply spectacular, Wegerle's is wonderful, Adel's are amazing, but the winner for me is Eze's team goal, a thing of beauty.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 15:13 - Oct 11 with 4126 viewsPaddyhoops

Les’s rocket against Man Utd was superb and loic remys against Wigan was a thing of beauty.
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 15:16 - Oct 11 with 4118 viewsQPRSteve

Too many missing for me. Nothing from Stan or Clive Allen. Where's that goal from Ray Wilkins or the one from Trevor Francis?. How many are we missing because there was no cameras when they were scored?
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 15:22 - Oct 11 with 4097 viewsBluce_Ree

Taarabt vs. Preston is filth. The meg followed by that finish.

Always liked that Falco one also.

Hard to not vote for Trev though.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 16:18 - Oct 11 with 4022 viewsdaveB

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 15:16 - Oct 11 by QPRSteve

Too many missing for me. Nothing from Stan or Clive Allen. Where's that goal from Ray Wilkins or the one from Trevor Francis?. How many are we missing because there was no cameras when they were scored?

about 70/80 years worth of goals missing but thought easier to vote on 10 rather than putting all 100 in for a vote

Is mainly personal preference, I thought the 10 on there were better than the goals you mentioned
[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 16:19]
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 17:02 - Oct 11 with 3952 viewsitsbiga

A few well naughty goals in there. Falco and Tricky for example.
I went with Adel v PNE cuz of the nutmeg.
My memory aint all that it was. Who was it that scored that screamer from the half way line some years back?

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 17:59 - Oct 11 with 3864 viewsTK1

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 16:18 - Oct 11 by daveB

about 70/80 years worth of goals missing but thought easier to vote on 10 rather than putting all 100 in for a vote

Is mainly personal preference, I thought the 10 on there were better than the goals you mentioned
[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 16:19]

I voted for the Eze goal simply because that's a team with Lumley in goal, Cameron and Scowen in midfield, Hugill at CF still putting more passes together in one move than we've probably managed in any half this season. Amazing what you can do with a bit of coaching and some genuine 'buy-in'.

Totally get it's your poll, and tremendous work too. But would it make it a bit fairer to all the goals you've not nominated by limiting it to one strike per player? I don't think either of the Marsh goals were technically as good as the three mentioned by C. Allen, T.Francis or Wilkins, for example. And it's one thing for Marsh and Adel to get out the tricks when they're flat-track bullying Birmingham and Preston North End - it''s another when Les Ferdinand is back-heeling the ball past Paul Ince and smashing the ball into the top corner from 35 yards out against top of the league Manchester United. That's also why the Wegerle and Gerry's goals were so good: they were scored against the best defenders in the land, rather than nutmegging Joe Allen.
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 18:02 - Oct 11 with 3856 viewskernowhoop

In recent-ish times, the Eze goal (after a long pass from Barbet?) at West Brom is worth a mention.
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 19:36 - Oct 11 with 3761 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Gone with Falco. Reasons...

Superb technical skill
In the top division (so not championship level defending)
It was against the scum.
I was there!
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 20:02 - Oct 11 with 3716 viewsSK_hoops

Trevor Sinclair bicycle kick. My favourite ever goal in all of football.
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 20:19 - Oct 11 with 3681 viewsMiss_Terraces

Jamie Pollock, I've already voted hundreds of times, I am not voting again 😉

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 20:30 - Oct 11 with 3668 viewsHAYESBOY

My favourite isn't on there. Matty Phillips v Palace. He is a couple of yards away from the centre circle.
Voted for Tricky. Was there and couldn't believe he went for it.

[Post edited 11 Oct 2023 20:31]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 21:07 - Oct 11 with 3617 viewssouthbrookstreet

Francis v Liverpool a fabulous classy team goal in the top flight
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 21:23 - Oct 11 with 3593 viewsSydneyRs

Trevor Sinclair for me, just unbelievable technique. Never seen a goal quite like that anywhere.
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 21:31 - Oct 11 with 3579 viewsdaveB

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 17:59 - Oct 11 by TK1

I voted for the Eze goal simply because that's a team with Lumley in goal, Cameron and Scowen in midfield, Hugill at CF still putting more passes together in one move than we've probably managed in any half this season. Amazing what you can do with a bit of coaching and some genuine 'buy-in'.

Totally get it's your poll, and tremendous work too. But would it make it a bit fairer to all the goals you've not nominated by limiting it to one strike per player? I don't think either of the Marsh goals were technically as good as the three mentioned by C. Allen, T.Francis or Wilkins, for example. And it's one thing for Marsh and Adel to get out the tricks when they're flat-track bullying Birmingham and Preston North End - it''s another when Les Ferdinand is back-heeling the ball past Paul Ince and smashing the ball into the top corner from 35 yards out against top of the league Manchester United. That's also why the Wegerle and Gerry's goals were so good: they were scored against the best defenders in the land, rather than nutmegging Joe Allen.

I came up with the 10 mainly as being doing top 50 goals of each decade from 70's to 2019 so did the winner and runner of each one apart from Clive Allen goal in the 80's v West Ham which I replaced with the Marsh cup final goal which I thought was a slightly better goal
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 22:02 - Oct 11 with 3520 viewsMick_S

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 20:02 - Oct 11 by SK_hoops

Trevor Sinclair bicycle kick. My favourite ever goal in all of football.

Same here.

Best team goal - Eze v Stoke. That’s on Dave’s 10.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 22:36 - Oct 11 with 3452 viewsDavieQPR

You can't really call it 'Best of all time' only 'The best of the Modern Era'. Cameras weren't around when Bedford or Goddard etc were smashing them in.or when Terry McQuaid hit a 25yd volley from a cross scored away at Luton in November '63 under the sort of weather conditions that would get a modern game postponed. It was also the equaliser in a 4-4 draw.
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 06:55 - Oct 12 with 3361 viewsQPROslo

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 21:07 - Oct 11 by southbrookstreet

Francis v Liverpool a fabulous classy team goal in the top flight

The Gerry Francis goal for me too. Brilliant team effort against a top Club, and the 1st QPR goal I saw live at a game. It was voted goal of the season too if I remember right.
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 07:04 - Oct 12 with 3348 viewsstainrods_elbow

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 15:16 - Oct 11 by QPRSteve

Re your last sentence, that's hardly the pollster's fault is it - or indeed anyone's? What's your point here?

If a goal is scored with no camera there to see it, is it a goal?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 07:35 - Oct 12 with 3326 viewsstowmarketrange

Best QPR Goal of All Time on 07:04 - Oct 12 by stainrods_elbow

Re your last sentence, that's hardly the pollster's fault is it - or indeed anyone's? What's your point here?

If a goal is scored with no camera there to see it, is it a goal?

There were some that were better and were captured on camera,like Phillips against Palace or Dichio against Wolves,but it’s all down to personal preference on which should be in and which shouldn’t be.
That Sinclair goal was the only time so far when I lost my mobile phone as I was celebrating so much.Tom,the steward on the loft told me where it was as everyone was jumping so much it was in danger of getting crushed.
Best QPR Goal of All Time on 08:34 - Oct 12 with 3299 viewsEsox_Lucius

Zamora outside of his boot at WBA and Josh Scowen's worldie in his last game for us are both better than some of those available for selection. IMO.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024