Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forwards 17:10 - Oct 21 with 6864 viewsstevec

Over 50 seasons viewing and I’ve never seen a worst bunch of forwards than we have now.

That’s on the board and Ainsworth. Utterly pitiful.
Forwards on 17:13 - Oct 21 with 4877 viewsted_hendrix

We don't have any forwards at all, nor have we had for a long time.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Forwards on 17:16 - Oct 21 with 4842 viewsHoopie

Dykes only wants to play for Scotland.
Armstrong lives life offside, when onside he has no natural strikers instinct.
There are no other strikers worthy of mention.
Forwards on 17:17 - Oct 21 with 4812 viewsmart_Goblin

To let these be the only players we can choose from
Is utterly disgraceful and not acceptable.

And to hear GA say “I’m happy with what I have” at the end of the window boils my piss beyond description. It’s negligence on a huge level
Forwards on 17:17 - Oct 21 with 4807 viewsStanisgod

Everyone but everyone knew we had no fire power, yet we kept signing defensive players.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Forwards on 17:18 - Oct 21 with 4789 viewsLowerloftLad

So what your saying is give Armstrong a new 5 year deal. 🤔 😏

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Forwards on 17:21 - Oct 21 with 4765 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Forwards on 17:16 - Oct 21 by Hoopie

Dykes only wants to play for Scotland.
Armstrong lives life offside, when onside he has no natural strikers instinct.
There are no other strikers worthy of mention.

Hard to know if his reaction was too slow today or just a stunning defensive play to deny the equalizer .His offside adventures are pretty sad at this moment when we are desperate for any chances created.
He was angry being pulled off and Smyth in the middle attacking long balls is pathetic from our managment team
Forwards on 17:22 - Oct 21 with 4762 viewsMelakaRanger

Forwards on 17:13 - Oct 21 by ted_hendrix

We don't have any forwards at all, nor have we had for a long time.

Not since Helgusen have we had an out and out striker
Forwards on 17:26 - Oct 21 with 4736 viewsHoopie

Forwards on 17:21 - Oct 21 by CLAREMAN1995

Hard to know if his reaction was too slow today or just a stunning defensive play to deny the equalizer .His offside adventures are pretty sad at this moment when we are desperate for any chances created.
He was angry being pulled off and Smyth in the middle attacking long balls is pathetic from our managment team

He was slow to react, he then went to side-foot the ball home. A natural striker would have toe poked that in, the defender would never have got there in time.

These are little things that are hard to coach, you either have that instinct or you don't.

What you can coach is the offside rule, for some reason he makes the same mistakes game after game, he is either refusing to learn or not being taught properly (or both)
Login to get fewer ads

Forwards on 17:28 - Oct 21 with 4716 viewsdistortR

Forwards on 17:26 - Oct 21 by Hoopie

He was slow to react, he then went to side-foot the ball home. A natural striker would have toe poked that in, the defender would never have got there in time.

These are little things that are hard to coach, you either have that instinct or you don't.

What you can coach is the offside rule, for some reason he makes the same mistakes game after game, he is either refusing to learn or not being taught properly (or both)

Dykes and Armstrong are both strikers who are on their heels in the box.
Which is a shame.
Forwards on 17:31 - Oct 21 with 4693 viewsRangersw12

Don't think it's any worse than when we had dross like Silla , Polter and Nygaard over the years
Forwards on 17:34 - Oct 21 with 4667 viewsHoopie

Forwards on 17:28 - Oct 21 by distortR

Dykes and Armstrong are both strikers who are on their heels in the box.
Which is a shame.

Wayne Gretzky quote "A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be." It is true for many sports including football.
Forwards on 17:35 - Oct 21 with 4647 viewsgazza1

Forwards on 17:31 - Oct 21 by Rangersw12

Don't think it's any worse than when we had dross like Silla , Polter and Nygaard over the years

Rank forward players but better than what we currently have.......
Forwards on 17:36 - Oct 21 with 4636 viewsstevec

Oh I think it is.

I couldn’t stop taking the piss when Polter was here but he’s a step up from the dross we’ve got now.

Even Sylla and Nygaard could get in the right place to score from time to time.
Forwards on 17:39 - Oct 21 with 4591 viewsmart_Goblin

Oh I do . The goal stats tell you it is .

They were pretty poor …but this is another level.

It’s not just the strikers though …no one creates anything anyway. The whole lot are just shit.

Fed up with it now
Forwards on 17:57 - Oct 21 with 4495 viewstraininvain

Lack of strikers and Willock an unused sub again after extending his contract during the summer.

Dead wages on both Willock and Richards that could’ve been used on a striker. Incompetence from the top down.
Forwards on 18:01 - Oct 21 with 4449 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sylla could blow a bit hot and cold, but had a decent scoring record for us, actually, considering Ollie often used him off the bench. Sylla up front for us right now would be bliss.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Forwards on 18:03 - Oct 21 with 4428 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Given the paucity of options, Ainsworth has to start making use of what scraps he does have his disposal, starting with rekindling the Illy and Willy partnership.
Forwards on 18:08 - Oct 21 with 4397 viewsBakes

I know he’s old, I know he’s a bit of a prat but Charlie Austin scores this with his eyes closed

The defender has made 10 yards before SA has decided which foot to use, just stab at it and it’s in, it doesn’t need to be finessed from 1 yard

[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 18:10]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Forwards on 18:13 - Oct 21 with 4355 viewstraininvain

Forwards on 18:08 - Oct 21 by Bakes

I know he’s old, I know he’s a bit of a prat but Charlie Austin scores this with his eyes closed

The defender has made 10 yards before SA has decided which foot to use, just stab at it and it’s in, it doesn’t need to be finessed from 1 yard

[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 18:10]

Needed a bit more desire from Armstrong. JCS unlucky with the initial effort, it would’ve been some goal.
Forwards on 18:25 - Oct 21 with 4301 viewsted_hendrix

Forwards on 17:21 - Oct 21 by CLAREMAN1995

Look at it again his reaction Is too slow, a forward or striker or whatever you want to call It must have anticipation as a minimum, he doesn't have that.

He has speed and power no doubt about that but that Isn't enough not In this league anyway.

Will he Improve? I'm not too sure he will, yes I know he Is only young and Is still learning his trade but as you well know we're In the shit In late October and we don't have time to teach players how to score from three metres out from the goal line.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Forwards on 18:56 - Oct 21 with 4165 viewsBushRanger82

Worst squad I have ever seen at Rangers. No defenders of any great note, will have to wait and see if Cannon bucks the trend.
No strikers of any great note.
Can't defend. No goals in it. This club is destined to get relegated this season. Destined.
Forwards on 19:00 - Oct 21 with 4141 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What about 98/99 season? Worst in my lifetime.
Forwards on 19:05 - Oct 21 with 4112 viewspaulhoop2

For me it all boils down to our alleged head of recruitment Andy belk why he escapes any criticism I don’t no he don’t forget would go to Les with the “options” available but got off Scot free from any criticism. He needs to be dismissed now and we go for a good methodical head of recruitment/ DOF Steve gallen would be my choice or Nick Hammond who did a good job elsewhere

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Forwards on 19:11 - Oct 21 with 4059 viewsPBLOCK

Forwards on 17:22 - Oct 21 by MelakaRanger

Not since Helgusen have we had an out and out striker

Think a certain Charlie Austin might have something to say about that!

Some of the names mentioned Sylla , Polter would be more than welcome right now

Ok Dykes is no World beater and Armstrong is raw as but both are International strikers ok it’s Scotland and Ireland but for me you could have Messi up top and we’d still do not a lot

The players we have are not a Championship winning side but the players we have as individuals are more than capable of holding there for me it’s a big attitude/ mental thing for them and a lack of ideas from the Management

Which is a recipe for disaster
Forwards on 19:12 - Oct 21 with 4054 viewsNed_Kennedys

And to think some on here were slagging off Andre Gray: how we miss a natural goal scorer.
Very poor decision not to get a loan striker in for the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024