Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forwards 17:10 - Oct 21 with 7209 viewsstevec

Over 50 seasons viewing and I’ve never seen a worst bunch of forwards than we have now.

That’s on the board and Ainsworth. Utterly pitiful.
Forwards on 19:15 - Oct 21 with 2009 viewsCateLeBonR

Forwards on 18:13 - Oct 21 by traininvain

Needed a bit more desire from Armstrong. JCS unlucky with the initial effort, it would’ve been some goal.

The ball comes off the post at a funny angle and then takes a deflection so I can forgive Armstrong a slow reaction. Can't be too hard on him about that it's a good challenge by the defender and would have been a goal most other games.
Forwards on 19:15 - Oct 21 with 2009 viewsNortholt_Rs

Forwards on 19:05 - Oct 21 by paulhoop2

For me it all boils down to our alleged head of recruitment Andy belk why he escapes any criticism I don’t no he don’t forget would go to Les with the “options” available but got off Scot free from any criticism. He needs to be dismissed now and we go for a good methodical head of recruitment/ DOF Steve gallen would be my choice or Nick Hammond who did a good job elsewhere

Exactly this…..too many back room staff and all of them are stealing a living. Rip them all out and start again. Ainsworth HAS to go tonight. The man is fkn clueless.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Forwards on 19:29 - Oct 21 with 1943 viewsdavman

Forwards on 17:17 - Oct 21 by mart_Goblin

To let these be the only players we can choose from
Is utterly disgraceful and not acceptable.

And to hear GA say “I’m happy with what I have” at the end of the window boils my piss beyond description. It’s negligence on a huge level

But not negligence that he is directly responsible for...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Forwards on 19:32 - Oct 21 with 1931 viewsdavman

Forwards on 17:31 - Oct 21 by Rangersw12

Don't think it's any worse than when we had dross like Silla , Polter and Nygaard over the years

I may be in the minority but I WAAAAAAAAAY prefer Sylla and Polter to this lot.

Can we go out yet?

Forwards on 19:39 - Oct 21 with 1912 viewsdavman

Forwards on 19:11 - Oct 21 by PBLOCK

Think a certain Charlie Austin might have something to say about that!

Some of the names mentioned Sylla , Polter would be more than welcome right now

Ok Dykes is no World beater and Armstrong is raw as but both are International strikers ok it’s Scotland and Ireland but for me you could have Messi up top and we’d still do not a lot

The players we have are not a Championship winning side but the players we have as individuals are more than capable of holding there for me it’s a big attitude/ mental thing for them and a lack of ideas from the Management

Which is a recipe for disaster

I do not agree the line peddled out about how we have players good enough for this level. The evidence speaks otherwise.

Begovic, Paal, JCS, Cook, Fox, Colback, Field, Dozzell, Chair, er, um, er, um...

That's it isn't it?

I love Paul Smyth, but he is blowing hot and cold; Adomah is past it, Dykes can't score, Armstrong / Kolli far, far too raw, Willock / Richards - not playing / not arsed, Kakay - effort, but incredibly limited, Dixon-Bonner / Duke-McKenna - hahahahahahahahah; Kelman - should have gone in teh summer as he a'int gonna get played, Cannon / Larkeche - unproven.

So no, the squad is nowhere near the required standard. A fin joke of a squad at this level as most of us said at the beginning of the season.

Can we go out yet?

Forwards on 19:57 - Oct 21 with 1875 viewsPBLOCK

Forwards on 19:39 - Oct 21 by davman

I do not agree the line peddled out about how we have players good enough for this level. The evidence speaks otherwise.

Begovic, Paal, JCS, Cook, Fox, Colback, Field, Dozzell, Chair, er, um, er, um...

That's it isn't it?

I love Paul Smyth, but he is blowing hot and cold; Adomah is past it, Dykes can't score, Armstrong / Kolli far, far too raw, Willock / Richards - not playing / not arsed, Kakay - effort, but incredibly limited, Dixon-Bonner / Duke-McKenna - hahahahahahahahah; Kelman - should have gone in teh summer as he a'int gonna get played, Cannon / Larkeche - unproven.

So no, the squad is nowhere near the required standard. A fin joke of a squad at this level as most of us said at the beginning of the season.

I agree past the first 11 the squad is thin

The point I’m trying to make is that I don’t think the players ability is the whole issue

Squads of 98/99 and 2000/2001 had some far worse players

My main thing is that the atmosphere, attitude,application and planning are shot to sh!t

Far bigger issues than the players all being pony it’s far more deep rooted unfortunately
Forwards on 21:03 - Oct 21 with 1775 viewsplasmahoop

This season looks like eclipsing 2001/2002 so far. I didn't think 1998/9 was as bad as 2001/2, but maybe it was more personal experience at games. Either way it's not so much about polishing the turd, but arguing about the texture of the turd
Forwards on 21:09 - Oct 21 with 1770 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Forwards on 21:03 - Oct 21 by plasmahoop

This season looks like eclipsing 2001/2002 so far. I didn't think 1998/9 was as bad as 2001/2, but maybe it was more personal experience at games. Either way it's not so much about polishing the turd, but arguing about the texture of the turd

Sorry I got my seasons mixed up I meant 2001/2002
Login to get fewer ads

Forwards on 21:26 - Oct 21 with 1739 viewsbosh67

The answer is that we have a striker who is rarely fit to play unless it is for Scotland and a kid who is built like Mike Tyson, looks like Mike Tyson, runs like Usain Bolt and has the scoring ability of Bambi on ice.

I know Kevin Gallen gets stick on here but he's been screaming for us to try and get in any kind of striker for the last 3 years. If Dykes, who is kind of a second Zamora type striker is out, which is often we have no one with any experience at all.

The recruitment has been ludicrous in regards to strikers. We couldn't wait to get rid of Chris Martin. He f*cking kept us up in the end.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Forwards on 21:45 - Oct 21 with 1717 viewsplasmahoop

Chris martin knew were the goal was. It may have been a club failure that he was here, and an indigtment of the clubs youth policy. But we would probably have been better with him about. Especially compared to taylor richards
Forwards on 19:28 - Oct 22 with 1530 viewspaulhoop2

Forwards on 19:32 - Oct 21 by davman

I may be in the minority but I WAAAAAAAAAY prefer Sylla and Polter to this lot.

Again my comment regarding belk is the one to blame the players recruiters must come through him surely if not what’s the point in employing him? Look at the coaching staff too far too many on fat wages contributing little. The medial team are a disgrace any other club when changing managers genuinely change back room staff at least once. But likes of gavin ward the dr or Paul hall all still stealing wages

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Forwards on 20:40 - Oct 22 with 1419 viewsCamberleyR

Forwards on 21:09 - Oct 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sorry I got my seasons mixed up I meant 2001/2002

01-02? We had Andy Thomson up front and he was the last striker we had who got 20 league goals. Gallen also came back during that season. Admittedly we also did have dross like Griffiths, Connolly and McEwen on the books as well.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Forwards on 20:44 - Oct 22 with 1404 viewsWestonsuperR

What is hugely frustrating is that this was obvious before the season started and nothing was done, there must have been options to bring someone in even if only on loan.
Forwards on 00:19 - Oct 23 with 1293 viewskomradkirk

I'm sorry to say it but our strikers couldn't finish their dinner never mind goal chances.Might manage a kids happy meal between them.
I thought last season was the worst i'd seen at Qpr but.....please please please prove me wrong.
Forwards on 08:27 - Oct 23 with 1213 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Forwards on 18:25 - Oct 21 by ted_hendrix

Look at it again his reaction Is too slow, a forward or striker or whatever you want to call It must have anticipation as a minimum, he doesn't have that.

He has speed and power no doubt about that but that Isn't enough not In this league anyway.

Will he Improve? I'm not too sure he will, yes I know he Is only young and Is still learning his trade but as you well know we're In the shit In late October and we don't have time to teach players how to score from three metres out from the goal line.

In a nutshell!

That was arguably worse than CW's howler at Birmingham.

What I've seen of him, his finishing is poor; he needs to take chances earlier than he does, and they need to work on him so that he doesn't hit the keeper with his efforts all the time.

Let's face facts: he is nowhere near first team ready and at another proper club, he'd be out on loan instead of leading the line down at the circus.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Forwards on 09:25 - Oct 23 with 1154 viewsflynnbo

Forwards on 21:26 - Oct 21 by bosh67

The answer is that we have a striker who is rarely fit to play unless it is for Scotland and a kid who is built like Mike Tyson, looks like Mike Tyson, runs like Usain Bolt and has the scoring ability of Bambi on ice.

I know Kevin Gallen gets stick on here but he's been screaming for us to try and get in any kind of striker for the last 3 years. If Dykes, who is kind of a second Zamora type striker is out, which is often we have no one with any experience at all.

The recruitment has been ludicrous in regards to strikers. We couldn't wait to get rid of Chris Martin. He f*cking kept us up in the end.

We might as well have gone for Chris Martin as we're obviously not bringing through any youth players and have no recognizable plan for going forward (in both senses of the words). No club worth its salt is going to want to loan us any decent forward players. Martin knows our players, the "management structure" of the club and, more importantly, knows roughly where the goal is. Furthermore, if still available, I wouldn't think he'd be demanding too much in wages and he was even made captain if I remember correctly. Need goals and experience up front this season.
Forwards on 10:21 - Oct 23 with 1103 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Where to start! I have several observations that might sit under one bracket or could just sum up the failings of our club.

Recruitment, training and development. It's sadly not like we aren't trying to recruit players, be it strikers or midfielders etc but our identification of talent is well off. Kelman, Dixon bonner etc I'm not saying they are the answer but clearly they aren't being coached or developed into better players.

The development leagues arent worth it as has been mentioned on many a thread as your opponents might field an U18s team or not be at full strength, so the value of the game is less than playing in an old reserve game against seasoned veterans.

Alot of them are too old and should already be out on loan getting meaningful game time.

The markets we are looking in seam to be wrong aswell, might be a flash in the pan but Newport have picked up Will Evans from the Welsh league and he is scoring for fun in L2 where Kelman couldn't

Coaching?! Are these players being coached to be better or are they just not good enough to begin with. I think Kelman was 19 when we picked him up and offered a 3/4 yr contract? But can we honestly say we have improved him as a player?! Another massive failing.

At most of the top/structured clubs(i know) they have someone who is in charge of looking after the emerging players, tasked with finding them good lower league loans and then managing the structure of that players progress. Surely one of our plethora of coaches could help with that!

I would love to be possitive but the whole structure and setup is amateurish. When teams like Preston find and polish little known names from the Irish leagues or lower down and we have to open Football Manager and sign Begovic/Cook/Colback as we have never heard of someone called Evans etc

[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 10:31]
Forwards on 15:47 - Oct 23 with 945 viewsLogman

In light of how much they cost, their background, I would not have Dykes or Armstrong among my top ten worst strikers to have donned the shirt.

Setting aside 3 or 4 that we signed that didn't even make the 1st team (e.g. Adam Czerkas, Ramkilde, the bloke from Brighton about three years ago) my worst 10 would be :

Stefan Moore
Sammy Koejoe
Tamas Priskin
Rob Hulse
Bob Taylor
Steve Slade
Dean Coney
Macheda
Will Keane
Mark Hateley

Then let's face it, even Bobby Zamora, Andrew Johnson, Devon Whte etc. were pretty shit most of the time and no better than Dykes.
Forwards on 17:24 - Oct 23 with 860 viewsMelakaRanger

Forwards on 19:11 - Oct 21 by PBLOCK

Think a certain Charlie Austin might have something to say about that!

Some of the names mentioned Sylla , Polter would be more than welcome right now

Ok Dykes is no World beater and Armstrong is raw as but both are International strikers ok it’s Scotland and Ireland but for me you could have Messi up top and we’d still do not a lot

The players we have are not a Championship winning side but the players we have as individuals are more than capable of holding there for me it’s a big attitude/ mental thing for them and a lack of ideas from the Management

Which is a recipe for disaster

Oddly I forgot Chaz

So HH and CA have been our only 2 out and out strikers!
Forwards on 21:58 - Oct 23 with 753 viewscolinallcars

The last time we had good strikers, cars had round headlights and wing mirrors.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024