Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham team news 19:27 - Nov 2 with 11869 viewsderbyhoop

Steve Cook likely to be involved. Dunne back from suspension. So we'll have 2 recognised CBs.
Dozzell & Colback both suspended but Marti says it gives others opportunities. Could that include Willock? Plenty of fans creaming themselves about that, despite the impression that he either doesn't trust his hamstrings, can't be bothered, or both.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rotherham team news on 19:46 - Nov 2 with 6945 viewsBoston

Fank gawd, four nuffink to us it is then.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rotherham team news on 20:13 - Nov 2 with 6815 viewsWatford_Ranger

May not be a popular opinion but I like Field in defence. Not really an option now after Dozzell and Colback’s various brain farts. Dixon-Bonner seems to have overtaken Duke and while I rate neither I rate Duke higher.

I assume Clarke-Salter is hibernating for Winter. That was a nice couple of weeks of work. In which case I suppose it has to be…

Cannon-Kakay-Cook-Dunne-Paal

Somewhat terrifying.
Rotherham team news on 20:33 - Nov 2 with 6724 viewsHAYESBOY

As Marti seems to like a back 4 then maybe Kakay can do a job for the team in the middle of midfield? I would even consider dropping Chair into a middle 3. With Willock starting higher up.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Rotherham team news on 20:35 - Nov 2 with 6708 viewsaston_hoop

Since he loves a 4-3-3, perhaps it can be

GK - Begovic
RB - Cannon
CB - Cook
CB - Dunne
LB - Paal
DM - Field
CM - EDB
CM - Ilias Chair
RW - Smyth
LW - Willock
CF - Dykes

Edit - not sure why I went full name for Chair but I'm leaving it on there now
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 20:35]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Rotherham team news on 20:41 - Nov 2 with 6635 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He says he has played three at the back before. It will be very interesting if he does on Saturday.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rotherham team news on 20:52 - Nov 2 with 6549 viewsLazyFan

Rotherham team news on 20:33 - Nov 2 by HAYESBOY

As Marti seems to like a back 4 then maybe Kakay can do a job for the team in the middle of midfield? I would even consider dropping Chair into a middle 3. With Willock starting higher up.

Yeah, I had that thought about Ozzie.

As he can sometimes carry the ball, he might be able to play DMC, win it and then carry it 15 yards into the oppo half before laying it off to Chair or this other person called Willock.

I think that's worth a go. If that does work, then he would also be useful as a 6th defender if we have to defend a lead (please no laughing).

zzzzzzzzzz

Rotherham team news on 20:56 - Nov 2 with 6532 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rotherham team news on 20:52 - Nov 2 by LazyFan

Yeah, I had that thought about Ozzie.

As he can sometimes carry the ball, he might be able to play DMC, win it and then carry it 15 yards into the oppo half before laying it off to Chair or this other person called Willock.

I think that's worth a go. If that does work, then he would also be useful as a 6th defender if we have to defend a lead (please no laughing).

God, i can't think of many worse things than ossie in midfield!

Interesting comment about Dixon-Bonner above. I've seen v little of him, but every time I have I've been cautiously impressed: quick feet, quick and intelligent passing. I wonder if he might be one Cifuentes works with a bit.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 20:57]

Bare bones.

Rotherham team news on 20:58 - Nov 2 with 6518 viewsTK1

Rotherham team news on 20:35 - Nov 2 by aston_hoop

GK - Begovic
RB - Cannon
CB - Cook
CB - Dunne
LB - Paal
DM - Field
CM - EDB
CM - Ilias Chair
RW - Smyth
LW - Willock
CF - Dykes

Something like this formation, but I reckon he may play some jazz and pick the most technically gifted players available - so there may be some crazy stuff like Richards as an 8, or Willock in midfield and Kolli playing at the expense of Smyth (whose touch when he came on Saturday was ooh-boy). Maybe not away at Rotherham, but also...maybe? And I bet that sort of thing happens fairly soon. He keeps talking about keeping the ball and so he's going to pick the players who like having it most of all and give it to their own players, not necessarily the players who like it ahead of them like Smyth and Armstrong.

But I may be totally wrong on that.
Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham team news on 21:02 - Nov 2 with 6479 viewsTK1

Rotherham team news on 20:56 - Nov 2 by Antti_Heinola

Interesting comment about Dixon-Bonner above. I've seen v little of him, but every time I have I've been cautiously impressed: quick feet, quick and intelligent passing. I wonder if he might be one Cifuentes works with a bit.

Kakay in midfield is a hard no from me. If there was a full back in midfield you'd be better off with Paal in there and Larkeche at LB, keeps the ball players in the team. But I'd be amazed if he does that.
Rotherham team news on 21:03 - Nov 2 with 6470 viewsHoopsie

I want to see

- a squad rejuvenated and reinvigorated ready for the challenge and prove to the manager and fans they got something in them

- a game plan, a real plan to attack, to have possession of the ball, to attack the space, to regain the ball quickly

- do not concede in the first 30 minutes

- score some goal

- the away fans to be loud and proud

- a manager bounce

- some luck our way

It is a tough ask but we need to hit the ground running, at least the players to show the hunger and willingness to act upon what the manager wants

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Rotherham team news on 21:03 - Nov 2 with 6470 viewsCamberleyR

Rotherham team news on 20:35 - Nov 2 by aston_hoop

GK - Begovic
RB - Cannon
CB - Cook
CB - Dunne
LB - Paal
DM - Field
CM - EDB
CM - Ilias Chair
RW - Smyth
LW - Willock
CF - Dykes

That'd be my choice as well.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rotherham team news on 21:06 - Nov 2 with 6439 viewsaston_hoop

Rotherham team news on 20:58 - Nov 2 by TK1

Something like this formation, but I reckon he may play some jazz and pick the most technically gifted players available - so there may be some crazy stuff like Richards as an 8, or Willock in midfield and Kolli playing at the expense of Smyth (whose touch when he came on Saturday was ooh-boy). Maybe not away at Rotherham, but also...maybe? And I bet that sort of thing happens fairly soon. He keeps talking about keeping the ball and so he's going to pick the players who like having it most of all and give it to their own players, not necessarily the players who like it ahead of them like Smyth and Armstrong.

But I may be totally wrong on that.

On that basis, I wonder if Alex Aoraha is a name that comes into contention. Always looks very good for the dev squad, is a good technical central midfielder. Small and lightweight of course, but then that doesnt seem to stop him. Plus Cifuentes has talked up youth. Would offer far more at the base of a midfield than Kakay or SDM. I'll reserve judgement on EDB though, haven't seen enough of him

Rotherham team news on 21:10 - Nov 2 with 6405 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rotherham team news on 21:03 - Nov 2 by Hoopsie

I want to see

- a squad rejuvenated and reinvigorated ready for the challenge and prove to the manager and fans they got something in them

- a game plan, a real plan to attack, to have possession of the ball, to attack the space, to regain the ball quickly

- do not concede in the first 30 minutes

- score some goal

- the away fans to be loud and proud

- a manager bounce

- some luck our way

It is a tough ask but we need to hit the ground running, at least the players to show the hunger and willingness to act upon what the manager wants

And I know it's an away game, but can we have a goal at the Loft End?

No more excuses!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rotherham team news on 21:17 - Nov 2 with 6340 viewsessextaxiboy

Rotherham team news on 20:56 - Nov 2 by Antti_Heinola

I thought he played very well when he came on last Sat . He seems like a Marti player
Rotherham team news on 21:21 - Nov 2 with 6313 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rotherham team news on 21:17 - Nov 2 by essextaxiboy

I thought he played very well when he came on last Sat . He seems like a Marti player

I think there's something there, but as i say, you're the first other person i've seen say it, and i haven't seen much of him!

Bare bones.

Rotherham team news on 21:22 - Nov 2 with 6307 viewslassel

Not relevant to Rotherham but I also suspected Aoraha, EDM, Bala, Talla and possibly the mythical Pedder might be of interest to Marti at times this season.

Kakay and Armstrong I expect to be quickly loaned out as far from LR as it’s possible to get…..Buckie Thistle are doing well in the Highlands so possibly there.
Rotherham team news on 21:26 - Nov 2 with 6287 viewsAndybrat

Rotherham team news on 20:41 - Nov 2 by BrianMcCarthy

He says he has played three at the back before. It will be very interesting if he does on Saturday.

Agree Brian, option of Cannon in midfield with Ozzie RB if they play 4 at the back?

Steve Cook starting is massive
Rotherham team news on 21:27 - Nov 2 with 6275 viewsHastings_Hoops

Rotherham team news on 20:13 - Nov 2 by Watford_Ranger

May not be a popular opinion but I like Field in defence. Not really an option now after Dozzell and Colback’s various brain farts. Dixon-Bonner seems to have overtaken Duke and while I rate neither I rate Duke higher.

I assume Clarke-Salter is hibernating for Winter. That was a nice couple of weeks of work. In which case I suppose it has to be…

Cannon-Kakay-Cook-Dunne-Paal

Somewhat terrifying.

You’d think that ‘salt-Clarker’ would be getting all hot under the collar about being managed by a ball playing coach and would be first to show for it?
Rotherham team news on 21:28 - Nov 2 with 6264 viewsaston_hoop

For what its worth, Paal played CM in the Netherlands too, would mean Larkeche at LB where we might finally be able to judge him in his actual position!

Rotherham team news on 21:30 - Nov 2 with 6229 viewsHastings_Hoops

Rotherham team news on 20:41 - Nov 2 by BrianMcCarthy

He only said that at his interview to get the job
Rotherham team news on 21:35 - Nov 2 with 6167 viewsdmm

Rotherham team news on 21:21 - Nov 2 by Antti_Heinola

I think there's something there, but as i say, you're the first other person i've seen say it, and i haven't seen much of him!

I'm another who thinks Dixon-Bonner looks promising and should certainly be ahead of Duke-McKenna in the pecking order.
Rotherham team news on 21:39 - Nov 2 with 6139 viewshoopedmonkey

Rotherham team news on 21:06 - Nov 2 by aston_hoop

On that basis, I wonder if Alex Aoraha is a name that comes into contention. Always looks very good for the dev squad, is a good technical central midfielder. Small and lightweight of course, but then that doesnt seem to stop him. Plus Cifuentes has talked up youth. Would offer far more at the base of a midfield than Kakay or SDM. I'll reserve judgement on EDB though, haven't seen enough of him

I don't think you can label Aoraha small or lightweight, picking up on your and lassel's posts perhaps

GK
Cannon,Cook,Field,Pall
Aoraha, Chair, Dixon-Bonner
Willock,Dykes,Bala/Kolli
Rotherham team news on 21:43 - Nov 2 with 6107 viewsessextaxiboy

Begovic

Cannon Cook Dunne. Larkeche

Dixon Bonner. Field. Paal

Willock Chair

Dykes
Rotherham team news on 21:49 - Nov 2 with 6055 viewsHastings_Hoops

Rotherham team news on 21:43 - Nov 2 by essextaxiboy

Begovic

Cannon Cook Dunne. Larkeche

Dixon Bonner. Field. Paal

Willock Chair

Dykes

Get a sneaky 12th man in there… clever
Rotherham team news on 21:53 - Nov 2 with 6037 viewsaston_hoop

Rotherham team news on 21:39 - Nov 2 by hoopedmonkey

I don't think you can label Aoraha small or lightweight, picking up on your and lassel's posts perhaps

GK
Cannon,Cook,Field,Pall
Aoraha, Chair, Dixon-Bonner
Willock,Dykes,Bala/Kolli

He's not huge or built really, none of this is a criticism though. More a point that he's not the physically dominant type but easily has the raw technical skills that Cifuentes might want to work with. I hope he does, always impresses me

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024