Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thief went ace post match 18:20 - Nov 4 with 8627 viewsFDC

Thief went ace post match on 21:05 - Nov 4 with 1822 viewsdmm

Thief went ace post match on 20:57 - Nov 4 by bosh67

This guy needs time and impressive that they played proper football on the front foot today with an under strength squad.

He speaks well and I really hope he does well.

Much much better football today.

Exactly Bosh. Today's performance suggests Cifuentes is the correct fit for many of our players, not to mention us as supporters. It's extremely early days yet but, after a very dark and gloomy period, there's a little light dawning on the horizon.
Thief went ace post match on 21:06 - Nov 4 with 1822 viewsozexile

What a difference in contrast.
Thief went ace post match on 21:36 - Nov 4 with 1688 viewsLoyalitat

Thief went ace post match on 19:11 - Nov 4 by Logman

Very good. I had a horrible suspicion we might be getting a manager with a poor grasp of English with little tactical acumen like Ranieri or Bielsa at the end but he clearly has very clearly thought out ideas. Looks-wise, he has a bit of a young Ancelotti about him. I wonder if we will see a raised single eye-brow in due course.

Poor grasp of English with little tactical acumen. That more closely encapsulates his predecessor both in word, garbled at best, and absence of discernible tactical nous at this level

Very early days, but there appears to be someone at the helm who is articulate, has clarity of thought in how he wants his team to play, and can convey that message effectively to the players. Still has his work cut out to keep us in this league, as a third of the season has now passed and we are effectively 7 points shy of safety with a group of goal-shy centre forwards at his disposal.
Thief went ace post match on 21:49 - Nov 4 with 1619 viewsstainrods_elbow

Thief went ace post match on 21:36 - Nov 4 by Loyalitat

Poor grasp of English with little tactical acumen. That more closely encapsulates his predecessor both in word, garbled at best, and absence of discernible tactical nous at this level

Very early days, but there appears to be someone at the helm who is articulate, has clarity of thought in how he wants his team to play, and can convey that message effectively to the players. Still has his work cut out to keep us in this league, as a third of the season has now passed and we are effectively 7 points shy of safety with a group of goal-shy centre forwards at his disposal.

This! We CANNOT survive with a front line trio of Kelman, Dykes and Armstrong. I'd be surprised if they manage 10 goals between them between now and the end of the season. I really hope the Board and manager have a recruitment plan for Jan, and don't relegate us for lack of one while posing behind the fig leaf of FFP.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 22:30]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Thief went ace post match on 03:58 - Nov 5 with 1384 viewsFredManRave

Thief went ace post match on 21:49 - Nov 4 by stainrods_elbow

This! We CANNOT survive with a front line trio of Kelman, Dykes and Armstrong. I'd be surprised if they manage 10 goals between them between now and the end of the season. I really hope the Board and manager have a recruitment plan for Jan, and don't relegate us for lack of one while posing behind the fig leaf of FFP.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 22:30]

We absolutely CAN survive with this squad bearing in mind it's the first week in November, our new manager has had 3 days withthe team and based on today's performance has already shown a marked improvement (first goal from Chair this season) and we could be out of the bottom 3 within a week (2 games) of this crazy league.

Not saying it's going to happen that quickly but after the dross we've been served over the last year, why anybody would still want to say we're relegated 3 days into the new managers reign, and the improvements we've seen after 1 game, is completely beyind me.

Embrace the Thief Went Ace!
[Post edited 5 Nov 2023 3:59]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Thief went ace post match on 06:02 - Nov 5 with 1307 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Well that's more like it!
Not happy conceding from a set piece, never said we were unlucky, and it's all about a stable back line so we can flood forward in attack.
Rest of the season is going to be fun.
Thief went ace post match on 08:57 - Nov 5 with 1151 viewsTK1

Thief went ace post match on 19:11 - Nov 4 by Logman

Very good. I had a horrible suspicion we might be getting a manager with a poor grasp of English with little tactical acumen like Ranieri or Bielsa at the end but he clearly has very clearly thought out ideas. Looks-wise, he has a bit of a young Ancelotti about him. I wonder if we will see a raised single eye-brow in due course.

(Insert laughing crying emoji)

Are you saying that Ranieri or Bielsa had "little tactical acumen"?! Even in their "late career" that's gotta be the most crazy-town claim in football message board history.

Marco Bielsa, the most influential coach of this century, Pep's mentor. That guy? Had half a bad season with Leeds, but still got them promoted and finished 9th in first season back in Prem; was fired after losing four on the bounce and 16th. They'd kill for that now. I mean, he's the national coach of Uruguay now and in his most recent match beat Brazil 2-0 in a World Cup qualifier last month so I reckon he's probably still fairly compos mentis, tactically.

Or Claudio Ranieri, the bloke who won the Premier League with *Leicester City*? Not to mention cups in Italy, Spain etc? Yes, he's 72 now but he won promotion to Serie A with a hopeless Cagliari team he took over in January so he's doing OK in his last job, too.

Marti seems like a nice fella and a clever coach. but he's been here under a week so probably a stretch saying he's a better tactician than two of modern' football's most decorated and influential coaches in world football.
Thief went ace post match on 11:03 - Nov 5 with 1014 viewsSimonJames

I like him.
Although, ironically, despite him saying "...I will never be satisfied with a draw,", Hammarby lead their league in draws. (But they do seem to be very difficult to beat).

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Thief went ace post match on 14:05 - Nov 5 with 830 viewsmloclam65

Thief went ace post match on 21:36 - Nov 4 by Loyalitat

completely agree! His grasp of English let alone his grasp of modern football is echelons above that of at least his last 3 predecessors.
What a breath of fresh air!

Never unknowingly wrong

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024