Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI 07:00 - Nov 6 with 13306 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Players we got excited about that never really got going. 343 and generationally biased:

Lumley

Curtis
Mancienne
Shimmin

Ledesma
Parejo
Parrett
Ward

German
Armstrong
Hitchcock

[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 7:06]
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 07:13 - Nov 6 with 6338 viewsGaryBannister86

Leon Jeanne
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 07:36 - Nov 6 with 6270 viewsPhilmyRs

Way too early for Armstrong to be there but have to say all the other names on the list definitely worthy entrees although perhaps a little harsh on Mancienne.
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 08:02 - Nov 6 with 6180 viewsloftus77

Justin Channing
Esteban Granero
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 08:03 - Nov 6 with 6185 viewsJamesB1979

Samba Diakite
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 08:11 - Nov 6 with 6156 viewsMrSheen

Zelic (c)

Leroy Fer and Matt Phillips disappointed, but busting a gut in training, no doubt.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 8:13]
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 08:12 - Nov 6 with 6152 viewsEsox_Lucius

He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 08:02 - Nov 6 by loftus77

Justin Channing
Esteban Granero

Channing went downhill rapidly once Kenny Samson got him into gambling.
I'd throw Richard Paquette into that list too.

The grass is always greener.

He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 08:19 - Nov 6 with 6116 viewsdmm

Mark Hately immediately springs to mind
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 08:22 - Nov 6 with 6108 viewskingsburyR

He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 08:03 - Nov 6 by JamesB1979

Samba Diakite

This.....

He was like Patrick Viera for six weeks.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 08:34 - Nov 6 with 6063 viewsShotKneesHoop

He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 08:22 - Nov 6 by kingsburyR

This.....

He was like Patrick Viera for six weeks.

After that - he was as effective as Patrick Moore.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 09:03 - Nov 6 with 5982 viewsdaveB

Kevin Kingsmore was hyped up but don't think he ever played for us in the end
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 09:13 - Nov 6 with 5960 viewsrbee

Shabazz Baidoo and Doudou both promised much early in their QPR careers but unfortunately faded. Doudou rarely passed the ball.
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 09:20 - Nov 6 with 5939 viewsChrisNW6

Ledesma, I thought I'd witnessed the second coming that night against Carlisle. What a hatrick and what a disappointing career.
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 09:37 - Nov 6 with 5866 viewsCamberleyR

Dean Neal.

8 goals in his first 12 games in the 80/81 season, thought we had the new Clive Allen. Didn't seem to play after that initial burst for some reason, can't remember why and then six months later was sold to Tulsa Roughnecks in the NASL.

He had a decent spell at Millwall a few years later.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 09:46 - Nov 6 with 5816 viewsCateLeBonR

Jimmy Smith
One Size?
Petter Vaagan Moen
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 9:47]
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 09:50 - Nov 6 with 5794 viewsflynnbo

He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 09:37 - Nov 6 by CamberleyR

Dean Neal.

8 goals in his first 12 games in the 80/81 season, thought we had the new Clive Allen. Didn't seem to play after that initial burst for some reason, can't remember why and then six months later was sold to Tulsa Roughnecks in the NASL.

He had a decent spell at Millwall a few years later.

Thought he was a very good player and was sorry to see him leave.
Dougie Freedman is another one.
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 09:51 - Nov 6 with 5780 viewsterryb

For me Aramide Oteh & Stefan Bailey from this century, Alan Glover when I was young!

I would query that Parejo "never really got going". Hasn't he played in European finals (not Champions League) & been in the Villarreal team for years?
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 09:53 - Nov 6 with 5766 viewsflynnbo

Here’s one for the kids- Barry Wallace.
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 10:13 - Nov 6 with 5679 viewsCamberleyR

Micky Walsh.

Was quite pleased when we signed him from Everton in the death throes of the 78/79 relegation season as he'd been a very good striker for Blackpool previously albeit in the second division.

He started off decently enough with a few goals but unfortunately for him two things conspired at the same time, the manager changed a few months after he signed and Docherty didn't fancy him at all, plus Clive Allen burst onto the scene. He seemed to hang around the next two seasons but hardly played and was then sold to Porto.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 10:18]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 10:41 - Nov 6 with 5610 viewsguitarzan

The bloke we signed from Saffron Walden, can’t remember his name. Had one brilliant season then went back to non league football
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 10:43 - Nov 6 with 5601 viewsflynnbo

He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 10:13 - Nov 6 by CamberleyR

Micky Walsh.

Was quite pleased when we signed him from Everton in the death throes of the 78/79 relegation season as he'd been a very good striker for Blackpool previously albeit in the second division.

He started off decently enough with a few goals but unfortunately for him two things conspired at the same time, the manager changed a few months after he signed and Docherty didn't fancy him at all, plus Clive Allen burst onto the scene. He seemed to hang around the next two seasons but hardly played and was then sold to Porto.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 10:18]

Peter Eastoe. I was very excited when we signed him. The same was with Leighton James and Gordon Hill but it soon became apparent that their best days were behind them
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 10:44 - Nov 6 with 5599 viewsSK_hoops

He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 10:41 - Nov 6 by guitarzan

The bloke we signed from Saffron Walden, can’t remember his name. Had one brilliant season then went back to non league football

Stuart Wardley. Funnily enough his name was the first that popped into my head too. Just looked up his stats and he only scored 3 goals for us that season. Granted, I was pretty young, but thought he scored way more than that.
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 10:47 - Nov 6 with 5594 viewsSK_hoops

Also, Jamie Cureton.
He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 10:50 - Nov 6 with 5582 viewsHAYESBOY

Simon Osbourne.

Smells like a trout farm in here

He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 10:57 - Nov 6 with 5570 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mark Dennis - what a player when not naughty!

Tony Simmonds - One for the future, Venables first signing if memory serves.

Gordon Hill - Another for him, but I think he arrived after family problems.

Mike Fillery - Hacked Chelsea fans off, and never really did it.

Tommy Langley - See Fillery above, but was very poor for us.

Paul Wright - Scored a brace in a season opener against Palace...drifted after that.

Chris Samba - He was mustard at Blackburn, anonymous for us; a very 'odd' signing!

Mike Sheron - When the fans of the selling team are laughing at you, then you know you've got a plum!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 10:57 - Nov 6 with 5569 viewsngbqpr

He’s Not The Messiah He’s A Very Naughty Boy XI on 10:43 - Nov 6 by flynnbo

Peter Eastoe. I was very excited when we signed him. The same was with Leighton James and Gordon Hill but it soon became apparent that their best days were behind them

Ditto David McCreery

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024