Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The last ever Beatles song 20:14 - Nov 1 with 9016 viewsbosh67

Out tomorrow... 61 years on from the start. you don't want to rush these things.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The last ever Beatles song on 22:59 - Nov 1 with 5423 viewsSimonJames

I really like the new Rolling Stones album.
Can't believe Mick can sound like that at age 80.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 23:00]

100% of people who drink water will die.

The last ever Beatles song on 00:08 - Nov 2 with 5332 viewsMetallica_Hoop

While we're waiting. My Favourite Beatles track.

Actually this too.

[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 0:30]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The last ever Beatles song on 00:32 - Nov 2 with 5313 viewsDannyPaddox

I heard this recently and I loved it but then realising it’s made by a machine … a fcuking algorithm (algorithim’s are the devil’s work) it left me with a dead chill feeling pessimistic about the future.

The generations of the future will be able to hear anything they want … for instance Geroge Formby singing the Beatles. Ah that’s been done already; Oasis.

Still, the future generations will be able to hear anything they want but it won’t be real and it won’t do them any good.

Or will it?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 7:42]
The last ever Beatles song on 00:45 - Nov 2 with 5304 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The last ever Beatles song on 00:32 - Nov 2 by DannyPaddox

I heard this recently and I loved it but then realising it’s made by a machine … a fcuking algorithm (algorithim’s are the devil’s work) it left me with a dead chill feeling pessimistic about the future.

The generations of the future will be able to hear anything they want … for instance Geroge Formby singing the Beatles. Ah that’s been done already; Oasis.

Still, the future generations will be able to hear anything they want but it won’t be real and it won’t do them any good.

Or will it?

I listened for 10 secs and thought 'Nirvana'

Not in a Buddist sense.

Doh. I get your point now,
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 0:54]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The last ever Beatles song on 01:27 - Nov 2 with 5285 viewsSydneyRs

Saw Paul McCartney play in Brisbane last night. 81 and played for 3 hours. Great show.
The last ever Beatles song on 14:13 - Nov 2 with 5067 viewsNov77

Just listened to it, really wanted to like it, but unless it’s one that slowly grows on you, I thought it was just ok.
Thought McCartney’s vocals would be higher in the mix, but it sounds more of a Lennon solo effort.

Apparently Lennon’s last words to McCartney before he died was “think of me, now and then”, so I understand why McCartney was so keen to release this, just don’t think it adds much to their body of work, and it’s never going to live up to the expectation of fans either.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The last ever Beatles song on 14:34 - Nov 2 with 5028 viewsstowmarketrange

The last ever Beatles song on 14:13 - Nov 2 by Nov77

Just listened to it, really wanted to like it, but unless it’s one that slowly grows on you, I thought it was just ok.
Thought McCartney’s vocals would be higher in the mix, but it sounds more of a Lennon solo effort.

Apparently Lennon’s last words to McCartney before he died was “think of me, now and then”, so I understand why McCartney was so keen to release this, just don’t think it adds much to their body of work, and it’s never going to live up to the expectation of fans either.

Looking at the get back dvds it’s plain to see that McCartney was the only one interested in doing much in the last phase of the Beatles as a band.It looked like Ringo didn’t want to lose his meal ticket,but John and George certainly didn’t look interested enough to keep them all together.
I think Lennon wrote a song about Paul mentioning about how do you sleep at night,so I don’t think there was much friendship left once they’d split up.

I wish I’d been a couple of years older so that I could’ve appreciated them more when they were together rather than after they’d gone their separate ways.I also wish I hadn’t copied Pete Townsend and smashed my toy Beatles guitar as a stroppy 6 year old kid.
The last ever Beatles song on 15:11 - Nov 2 with 4960 viewsdmm

Here it is...

Not the best Beatles song by a long way, but it's still amazing to hear it.
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:14 - Nov 2 with 4957 viewsQPR_John

The last ever Beatles song on 14:13 - Nov 2 by Nov77

Really looking forward to it but not the best. Think it sounds like somebody trying to do an impression of Lennon. If that’s the best AI can do then there’s not a lot to worry about
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 15:18]
The last ever Beatles song on 15:20 - Nov 2 with 4928 viewsqprxtc

The last ever Beatles song on 00:32 - Nov 2 by DannyPaddox

Or will it?

All the Beatles you need to hear happened from 1962 - 1970. I heard Free As A Bird a few times in 1996, never listened to it since. I'm in no hurry to hear this latest 'new' one.

The past is more exciting than the future to me. Loads of things to look forward to back there. Stuff i never read, listened to or watched. Either dismissed or wasn't ready for.

The future just seems a bit meh.

And pointless.
The last ever Beatles song on 15:24 - Nov 2 with 4917 viewsCamberleyR

The last ever Beatles song on 14:34 - Nov 2 by stowmarketrange

Looking at the get back dvds it’s plain to see that McCartney was the only one interested in doing much in the last phase of the Beatles as a band.It looked like Ringo didn’t want to lose his meal ticket,but John and George certainly didn’t look interested enough to keep them all together.
I think Lennon wrote a song about Paul mentioning about how do you sleep at night,so I don’t think there was much friendship left once they’d split up.

I wish I’d been a couple of years older so that I could’ve appreciated them more when they were together rather than after they’d gone their separate ways.I also wish I hadn’t copied Pete Townsend and smashed my toy Beatles guitar as a stroppy 6 year old kid.

Even if John didn't have much enthusiasm for still remaining a Beatle, Lennon and McCartney were still okay with each other in The Beatles' death throes, I think the Get Back film shows that.

It only became nasty after Paul issued his leaving statement after releasing his solo debut album in April 1970 as Lennon had already left but was keeping it quiet for now so that got his back up.

Secondly Paul suing the other three in December 1970 to officially end the group and thirdly Paul's 'Too Many People' on his 'Ram' album in 1971 John took very personally which was why 'How Do You Sleep' got written.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 15:25]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The last ever Beatles song on 16:09 - Nov 2 with 4848 viewsToast_R

This last ever release from the original Queen lineup only took 30 years to complete.

The last ever Beatles song on 16:35 - Nov 2 with 4790 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Just watching Get Back on Disney + and the band had clearly had enough, I think they were exhausted by it all. Paul looks like the driving force as he had taken on the management after Epstein died, so he probably felt some responsibility to them all.
George seemed to have a big inferiority complex as he compared himself to Clapton. And Ringo just kind of sat there doing very little, yet he comes across as the most approachable.

When they are just jamming it is magical to watch.
The last ever Beatles song on 16:36 - Nov 2 with 4788 viewsPunteR

Meh.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The last ever Beatles song on 17:02 - Nov 2 with 4743 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Got to say that this is rather underwhelming.
The last ever Beatles song on 17:24 - Nov 2 with 4716 viewsted_hendrix

I'll buy It and It can join my collection of every other record they ever made.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The last ever Beatles song on 17:34 - Nov 2 with 4699 viewsR_from_afar

61 years, eh? If The Stone Roses get wind of that, they'll reform and really take their time over their next platter.

A great excuse to dig out my favourite Beatles cover. I can't think the Fab Four ever imagined one of their tunes being blasted out like this. "No one was saaaaaaaaaaaaaaved!"

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The last ever Beatles song on 18:04 - Nov 2 with 4659 viewsjohann28

Sounds to me like exactly what it is - a Lennon solo piece (and a rather average one at that) rather than a Beatles track. It's definitely quite haunting to hear John's voice but for me I can't help feeling that George was right and should have been left well alone.
The last ever Beatles song on 18:16 - Nov 2 with 4624 viewsjohann28

McCartney was undoubtedly the driving force from 1967 onwards, with both John and George progressively less interested - John because of his usual general laziness, and then heroin addition and love/hate relationship with music, himself and everything else, and George because he considered himself (with some justification) undervalued. It's amazing that they produced as much as they did from Pepper onwards, and for that we have (largely) McCartney to thank (not that he got any at the time, or since).

Their relationship went through a fair few incarnations in the 70s. It's true there was some fairly bitter exchanges (both public and, one assumes, in private) in the early 70s, but this had largely healed by the mid-70s, when they met each other quite frequently, particularly when John had got out of Yoko's clutches and had gone off with May Pang. Once John had decided to give up recording and stay at home to look after Sean, there was much less contact, and John by all accounts didn't take too kindly to the McCartneys just turning up unannounced (John once said in an interview that 'he (Paul) was hurt by that, but I didn't mean to'. Once John had begun recording again in 1980 there was much more contact again - with apparently hour-long conversations once Paul had found a way to get round the ever-present portcullis that was Yoko. He's never revealed the substance of these, but at least it seems highly likely that they were on pretty good terms by this point.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 18:21]
The last ever Beatles song on 18:45 - Nov 2 with 4558 viewsderbyhoop

The last ever Beatles song on 01:27 - Nov 2 by SydneyRs

Saw Paul McCartney play in Brisbane last night. 81 and played for 3 hours. Great show.

I hope he had someone else doing the singing, as he hasn't been able to sing properly for 25 years.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The last ever Beatles song on 19:03 - Nov 2 with 4522 viewsjohann28

The last ever Beatles song on 18:45 - Nov 2 by derbyhoop

I hope he had someone else doing the singing, as he hasn't been able to sing properly for 25 years.

Well, I'd say that, the fact he can sing at all is not far short of miraculous, and i hope i look as good as he does at 81!!! On a more serious note, I'm pretty sure that those, young and old, who come to see him live would much rather hear his authentic live voice rather than a pre-recorded backing track (as favoured by some contemporary performers).
The last ever Beatles song on 19:35 - Nov 2 with 4461 viewsbosh67

It's a beautiful piece of music but I have to say a rather low key, maudlin way to sign off.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The last ever Beatles song on 19:53 - Nov 2 with 4433 viewsrbee

The last ever Beatles song on 01:27 - Nov 2 by SydneyRs

Frankie Valli on his Farewell Tour is the US aged 89, he will be 90 before the tour finishes. He does lip synch a few songs though.
The last ever Beatles song on 19:57 - Nov 2 with 4425 viewsrbee

The last ever Beatles song on 16:35 - Nov 2 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Just watching Get Back on Disney + and the band had clearly had enough, I think they were exhausted by it all. Paul looks like the driving force as he had taken on the management after Epstein died, so he probably felt some responsibility to them all.
George seemed to have a big inferiority complex as he compared himself to Clapton. And Ringo just kind of sat there doing very little, yet he comes across as the most approachable.

When they are just jamming it is magical to watch.

I think The Beatles slowly fell apart after Brian Epstein died, they lost cohesion and direction, very much like our team!

Like the 'new' single, better than Free As A Bird but that's not too difficult.
The last ever Beatles song on 20:13 - Nov 2 with 4389 viewsstowmarketrange

The last ever Beatles song on 19:57 - Nov 2 by rbee

I think The Beatles slowly fell apart after Brian Epstein died, they lost cohesion and direction, very much like our team!

Like the 'new' single, better than Free As A Bird but that's not too difficult.

Nobody kept them in check the way Epstein did,and I suppose Paul had to become more of the leader if they were to carry on together.It seems that a lot of their better songs in the late 60’s had Paul singing the lead vocals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024