Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seasonal Affective Disorder 14:53 - Nov 13 with 3509 viewsLogman

Anyone else suffer from this ?

For me the onset starts around the first Saturday in August and usually finishes on the first weekend in May

Anyone else get the autumn/winter/springtime blues ?
Seasonal Affective Disorder on 15:23 - Nov 13 with 3404 viewsguitarzan

My SAD affects me slightly differently. I’m excited and optimistic about things come August but by September I’m down in the dumps and can’t wait for June when I can start to enjoy life again. It hits me hardest on Saturdays for some reason
Seasonal Affective Disorder on 15:31 - Nov 13 with 3370 viewsPaddyhoops

Never suffered from it but as you get older the winters don’t half stretch out. The first daffodils arriving are a signal of better things to come. Problem is your wishing your life away then.
Sympathy to any one who suffers.
Seasonal Affective Disorder on 16:47 - Nov 13 with 3212 viewsLogman

I think the fact that the 4 seasons mirror our lives make it a bit harder. When we're new borns we're hibernated but then everything around us develops when we become springtime chicks. Then in the summer of our lives we want to go out all day long when the sun is shining and the nights are hot. I'm in the autumn of my life and it's tough. Was out running this morning on Clapham Common and noticed the power of nature as all the leaves were fallen and the ground was covered in a sheen of water in preparation for its annual cleansing.

I'm dreading the winter of my life but am planning to move to hotter climes to put if off for a few years.

Any more thoughts ?
Seasonal Affective Disorder on 16:58 - Nov 13 with 3165 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Just wish they would stop mucking around with the clocks. Leave them alone, all this moving them forward and back one hour.
It takes me a good couple of weeks to get back my sleep pattern.

Embrace the winter. Pint in a warm pub, roast dinners, warm pyjamas and a thick duvet. Wants not to love!

Plus we soon hit the shortest day, December 22nd, so the days start to get longer. And Xmas!
Seasonal Affective Disorder on 17:05 - Nov 13 with 3143 viewsdmm

Have you tried taking vitamin D? We get much of our vitamin D through sunlight and so the reduction in sunlight during autumn and winter means we may become deficient in D. Many people diagnosed with SAD have low vitamin D levels and doctors may prescribe vitamin D supplements.
Seasonal Affective Disorder on 17:26 - Nov 13 with 3096 viewsted_hendrix

Bad news In the Winter Months Is bloody bad news, bad news when the sun Is shining and It's reasonably warm with a blue sky is something along the lines of Hmmm yea okay we'll deal with It.

Every March there will be two days of sunshine for about 6 hours and there's a wind free spot In the garden where you can stand for about 30 odd minutes and take in the rays of the sun before the sun disappears around the corner of the garage.

You can't beat those moments of natures magic you just can't.

Sadly well f uck this planet for good one day.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Seasonal Affective Disorder on 17:31 - Nov 13 with 3079 viewsLimehouseR

Seasonal Affective Disorder on 17:05 - Nov 13 by dmm

Have you tried taking vitamin D? We get much of our vitamin D through sunlight and so the reduction in sunlight during autumn and winter means we may become deficient in D. Many people diagnosed with SAD have low vitamin D levels and doctors may prescribe vitamin D supplements.

This.
But also make sure you get the high dose tablets otherwise it's a little bit pointless. I now take one a day between October and April. A day out in the sunshine is more than enough to top your levels up but those are now few and far between and you are usually covered up in the cold weather anyway.
Failing that take a two week holiday in December somewhere sunny to top up your D levels!

My mum suffered with this and I think I can now look back over the last 5-10 years as I have got older and it seems to now affect me too. When I have felt particularly down in the dumps and lacking energy it always seems to have been Jan/Feb/Mar, perhaps when the lack of sunlight has caught up with me. Or perhaps, like people have suggested it coincides with the usual season slump we have at this club!
Seasonal Affective Disorder on 17:37 - Nov 13 with 3056 viewsBoston

Seasonal Affective Disorder on 17:26 - Nov 13 by ted_hendrix

Bad news In the Winter Months Is bloody bad news, bad news when the sun Is shining and It's reasonably warm with a blue sky is something along the lines of Hmmm yea okay we'll deal with It.

Every March there will be two days of sunshine for about 6 hours and there's a wind free spot In the garden where you can stand for about 30 odd minutes and take in the rays of the sun before the sun disappears around the corner of the garage.

You can't beat those moments of natures magic you just can't.

Sadly well f uck this planet for good one day.

Where d'ya live Ted, Stonehenge?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Seasonal Affective Disorder on 17:40 - Nov 13 with 3047 viewsHooping_Mad

Hopefully our season will now be affected in a new way with the Cif He'll clean house and all will be well again.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Seasonal Affective Disorder on 17:43 - Nov 13 with 3036 viewsBoston

Seasonal Affective Disorder on 17:40 - Nov 13 by Hooping_Mad

Hopefully our season will now be affected in a new way with the Cif He'll clean house and all will be well again.

He's a little ray of sunshine in our life.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Seasonal Affective Disorder on 17:54 - Nov 13 with 3021 viewsR_from_afar

I often have a feeling of dread in late August as the British summer ebbs away, although there is usually the imminent boost of a holiday at that time of year, because we usually go away for the first two weeks of September.

In late August, I start looking out for that first morning when it's chilly early on, heralding the end of summer.

I'm not badly affected by SAD, though, and even brief exposure to some sun on a December day will give me a lift.

Since I have got into visiting, and growing, wildflower meadows, there has been another seasonal "hit" to deal with, because most of those meadows will be mown in July. It's a shame to see them cut down but it's all part of the cycle and for traditional meadows, most flowers will have finished flowering by then anyway.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Seasonal Affective Disorder on 20:10 - Nov 13 with 2802 viewsguitarzan

Have I misinterpreted the spirit in which the original post was written.
Seasonal Affective Disorder on 22:24 - Nov 13 with 2608 viewsnumptydumpty

Seasonal Affective Disorder on 20:10 - Nov 13 by guitarzan

I work two reasonably stressful jobs and doing some extra curriculur study currently but the most stressful, depressing part of the week is mainly on the Saturday between the hours of 3pm and 5pm.

My presence at these times is attending a compulsory event that gives me no joy and creates very dark times.

Why do I continue with this nonsense - one of life's unanswered questions !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Seasonal Affective Disorder on 23:16 - Nov 13 with 2537 viewsHooping_Mad

He either has it for 9 months of the year or he's on the wind up

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Seasonal Affective Disorder on 23:42 - Nov 13 with 2513 viewsloftboy

I deliver people’s shopping, you can’t see the bastard door numbers after 4:00, and half our customers are remote farms in deepest Norfolk and Suffolk, roll on June.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Seasonal Affective Disorder on 13:17 - Nov 14 with 2266 viewsLogman

Yes, sorry, for the mixed messages. I'd wanted to post about SAD but thought that might be a bit depressing on it so put the football slant on it. Not sure if that made it better or worse.
Seasonal Affective Disorder on 14:09 - Nov 14 with 2168 viewsguitarzan

A bit of humour never makes things worse
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024