Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke Reflection 22:31 - Nov 28 with 9682 viewsbluenwhite10

Wow we all went through the ringer tonight as we saw the best and worst of Rangers. I thought when we missed the opportunities at 1-0 when Dykes missed the one on one and Dixon Bonnir Mia controlled the ball and I could be wrong I think Chair missed it that it was not going to be our night when we failed ti clear the corner and they equalised. The 10mins or so after the sending off was Rangers at their worse as we did not seem to know how to play against 10 men and you could not see the spare man on the pitch and when Stoke went in front it kind of summed Rangers up at the moment. Willock was disinterested we seemed to be bringing all 11 players back to defend free kicks and corner, but we got a break and good finish from Dykes to level it and fair play and well done to Larkeche for not diving in and committing a needless fail with a player going nowhere and for hassling never giving winning the ball and putting the ball in the danger zone for all of the people Ben Pearson who has been over the years a complete moaning so and so over the years in the Refs ears to slice one into his own net. Still felt nervous against 10 at 3-2 but Willock took his goal well to put the icing on the cake to give us a 4-2 win that honestly nobody expected at 2-1 down. Steve Cook played well bring the ball out of defence and making some timely tackles and blocks but my MOM tonight might be a strange one back Jack Colback showed his experience keeping the ball moving and driving Rangers forward … On a positive Clarke-Salter looked good when he came on a should start in front of out of sorts Jimmy Dunne at Preston. Well done also Marti for the changes which seemed to work and I would also start Cannon instead of Kakay who did nothing really wrong but Cannon is an upgrade. Come on you R’s
Stoke Reflection on 22:34 - Nov 28 with 7008 viewsBlackCrowe

Gosh, different eyes...i thought Colbeck was so laboured and sub-standard. Agree with most of the rest of it though - delighted for Dykes and Willock, could be a turning point for them. And yes champagne moment was Larkeche, guts and determination and skill at the end there, fab stuff.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Stoke Reflection on 22:38 - Nov 28 with 6915 viewsMick_S

Stoke Reflection on 22:34 - Nov 28 by BlackCrowe

Gosh, different eyes...i thought Colbeck was so laboured and sub-standard. Agree with most of the rest of it though - delighted for Dykes and Willock, could be a turning point for them. And yes champagne moment was Larkeche, guts and determination and skill at the end there, fab stuff.

Colback was decent tonight; by Christ he’s itched my tits recently, maybe the boss has had a word.

We need him.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Stoke Reflection on 22:50 - Nov 28 with 6736 viewsStanisgod

Pound to a penny he misses the xmas games suspended again.Walking yellow card.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Stoke Reflection on 22:54 - Nov 28 with 6683 viewsLanhoop

Collback was the best player on the pitch in the 10 minutes or so before he went off. Before that, meh!
Stoke Reflection on 22:56 - Nov 28 with 6660 viewsbluenwhite10

In fairness to Colback tonight his yellow was a tactical one to prevent a one on one but yes I expect him to be breaking up for Christmas soon.
Stoke Reflection on 22:59 - Nov 28 with 6581 viewsHAYESBOY

Thought EDB was our best player first half. For their second its between Colback and Cook for not shutting down the shot.
I thought Colback was ok but EDB had a better game and I thought he was unlucky to come off.
Nice to see Willock score ands smile again.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Stoke Reflection on 23:00 - Nov 28 with 6573 viewsloftboy

8 yellows for Stoke (9 including the one for the red) got to be fined for that surely?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Stoke Reflection on 23:00 - Nov 28 with 6573 viewsbullythebear

My worry is we’ve used up all our wild cards tonight. Penalty, red card for us, Willock goal and to cap it all a Ben Pearson own goal. Probably wont get another thing all season 😂
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke Reflection on 23:08 - Nov 28 with 6439 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stoke Reflection on 22:54 - Nov 28 by Lanhoop

Collback was the best player on the pitch in the 10 minutes or so before he went off. Before that, meh!

I thought he was very good in that period as well.

Overall, he played well tonight. He let Burger go for the second goal, though. Having said that Burger did well to cut across his own man so that Colback couldn't follow, but Colback had lost the battle at that stage. Cook was far, far too slow to come out as well.

Thought Cook was excellent again tonight, but on Saturday he ruined it with a stupid booking and tonight he marred it with his part in that goal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Stoke Reflection on 23:10 - Nov 28 with 6404 viewsPaddyhoops

Lower loft was a a joyful place tonight. Thought we were decent first half. Should’ve have had two more . We looked dreadful when they went down to ten.
Cannon gave us some extra impetus and Colback finally started to look the player we know he can be .
Cook was my man of the match and hopefully this will kick start our season.
Like to know people’s thoughts on Smyth? He can be a threat but he constantly gives the ball away and his crossing is so poor. An enigma.
Willocks confidence will have taken a huge shot and what a brilliant finish. I
Stoke Reflection on 23:10 - Nov 28 with 6386 viewsWegerles_Stairs

No way we win that match under Ainsworth. Nice to see us having so many shots. Cannon looked different gravy for me and offers so much more than Ossie going forward. Fair play to Dykes after missing that chance - his pen was good and it was a lovely second goal. Brilliant battling by Larkeche for the winner and Chrissy's was the icing on the cake. I was confident before the match, a bit less after 60 minutes, but playing positively will always get its rewards, rather than that rope-a-dope bullshit we did earlier in the season. Onwards and upwards!
Stoke Reflection on 23:14 - Nov 28 with 6336 viewsAntti_Heinola

Stoke Reflection on 23:08 - Nov 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought he was very good in that period as well.

Overall, he played well tonight. He let Burger go for the second goal, though. Having said that Burger did well to cut across his own man so that Colback couldn't follow, but Colback had lost the battle at that stage. Cook was far, far too slow to come out as well.

Thought Cook was excellent again tonight, but on Saturday he ruined it with a stupid booking and tonight he marred it with his part in that goal.

Second goal, I'm sorry, but while he should have been closed down, the goal was down to Paal, doing an overhead kick to no one without looking. Dreadful stuff, I have no idea what he was thinking. Thought he looked much better in midfield later on actually.

Bare bones.

Stoke Reflection on 23:21 - Nov 28 with 6216 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stoke Reflection on 23:14 - Nov 28 by Antti_Heinola

Second goal, I'm sorry, but while he should have been closed down, the goal was down to Paal, doing an overhead kick to no one without looking. Dreadful stuff, I have no idea what he was thinking. Thought he looked much better in midfield later on actually.

True, too. Should have put it in touch if he was in doubt.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Stoke Reflection on 23:30 - Nov 28 with 6123 viewsRed_Ranger

Marti's subs. Wow! Unusual but totally effective. Changed the game. Take a bow . Thank you. I haven't felt so good for a long long time.
Stoke Reflection on 23:36 - Nov 28 with 6055 viewsdaveB

The changes he made won us the game imo
Clarke Salter was excellent when he came on, Cannon was basically a winger and created panic. Willock looked lost and disinterested when he came on then after the 2nd goal came to life and did well, for me it's a confidence and fitness issue with him, that goal could be massive

Even the Larkeshe change with Paal in midfield was inspired, been a long time since a manager won us a game from the bench

Thought Colback was good first half but like the team was poor after the break until we got back to 2-2 then he did really well in that spell

Smyth's pace again caused them real problems but his crossing has to improve

Dykes, how you miss that chance and then score that goal is mental
Stoke Reflection on 23:42 - Nov 28 with 5974 viewsdmm

Cifuentes did everything he could to win the game. From the 73rd minute, we had just one midfield player, Colback, as he threw on players to attack the game. He then took off Colback in the 88th minute and told Larkeche to play high, which quickly got us the third goal. I know Chair and Paal filled in the CM slots, but we ended up without a midfield player on the pitch and almost everyone pressing forward. And it worked. Love it!
Stoke Reflection on 23:59 - Nov 28 with 5863 viewsParkRoyalR

Stoke Reflection on 23:42 - Nov 28 by dmm

Cifuentes did everything he could to win the game. From the 73rd minute, we had just one midfield player, Colback, as he threw on players to attack the game. He then took off Colback in the 88th minute and told Larkeche to play high, which quickly got us the third goal. I know Chair and Paal filled in the CM slots, but we ended up without a midfield player on the pitch and almost everyone pressing forward. And it worked. Love it!

And he called 3 or 4 players over during breaks in play (Colback, Chair & Smyth I clearly recall) and was giving them updated instructions as to what he was changing and what he now wanted them to do, so different to his predecessor.
Stoke Reflection on 00:03 - Nov 29 with 5822 viewsJAY

Colback pretty for average for me. His style of play completely typified by him only being interested in the man rather than attacking the ball for the corner they scored from
Stoke Reflection on 00:03 - Nov 29 with 5819 viewsrobith

Stoke Reflection on 23:36 - Nov 28 by daveB

The changes he made won us the game imo
Clarke Salter was excellent when he came on, Cannon was basically a winger and created panic. Willock looked lost and disinterested when he came on then after the 2nd goal came to life and did well, for me it's a confidence and fitness issue with him, that goal could be massive

Even the Larkeshe change with Paal in midfield was inspired, been a long time since a manager won us a game from the bench

Thought Colback was good first half but like the team was poor after the break until we got back to 2-2 then he did really well in that spell

Smyth's pace again caused them real problems but his crossing has to improve

Dykes, how you miss that chance and then score that goal is mental

Loved Cannon.

What was interesting about him was vs Bristol City, Paal clearly did not trust Willock to either track back, or get back, so never overlapped with him.

Cannon not only took on advanced positions, he communicated very frequently to Willock what he was doing, and what he expected Willock to do as a consequence. He basically bullied him into coming forward, playing passes. He looked like an absolute baller
Stoke Reflection on 00:06 - Nov 29 with 5783 viewsrobith

Been a long time since I've left Loftus Road thinking "there'll be a lot of lads deleting tweets in the morning"

Still a lot of issues- we were often outplayed by a 10 man team - but the relief of fighting back and getting the job done is massive. It's only Stoke, we're still adrift but God that felt massive. I hope Marti can use it as a turning point
Stoke Reflection on 00:14 - Nov 29 with 5722 viewsmart_Goblin

Stoke Reflection on 00:03 - Nov 29 by JAY

Colback pretty for average for me. His style of play completely typified by him only being interested in the man rather than attacking the ball for the corner they scored from

Yeah I would have to agree. Game of opinions of course but he didn’t do much for me. No surprise that when he comes off we go on to win the game . On the flip side I still think EDB is our best option going forward from midfield yet we looked more effective when he came off too so who bloody knows
Stoke Reflection on 00:14 - Nov 29 with 5720 viewsCateLeBonR

I’m not going to get into the highs and the lows and what was good and bad on the pitch tonight. That is what watching a game of football is meant to be like. Contorted faces of blue and white joy surrounding me, fcking brilliant.

Good night all.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 0:15]
Stoke Reflection on 00:23 - Nov 29 with 5643 viewsessextaxiboy

Halfway through the second half I was ready to accept we were going down , a goal start through a penalty , a missed sitter , a red card for them then going a goal down , I was ready to hold my hands up .... then hopefully the season turned , a brilliant night , still buzzing .
Stoke Reflection on 00:25 - Nov 29 with 5634 viewsHunterhoop

Stoke Reflection on 00:23 - Nov 29 by essextaxiboy

Halfway through the second half I was ready to accept we were going down , a goal start through a penalty , a missed sitter , a red card for them then going a goal down , I was ready to hold my hands up .... then hopefully the season turned , a brilliant night , still buzzing .

We rarely agree. But “ditto”. Same feeling.
Stoke Reflection on 00:25 - Nov 29 with 5632 viewsDejR_vu

No goals in this team apparently

No goals in Ainsworth’s team, but that’s because we only ever had two shots on target, at best, per game. 19 shots tonight, 9 on target, and 4 goals. Who’d have thought putting a team out to try and score goals might result in some goals being scored? Genius.

Long way to go, that was laboured and nervy, we had the rub of the green, tried to throw it away anyway, but we’d have lost that under Ainsworth. The team Cifuentes inherited was on the floor the way it had been set up, the results, and constantly being told everyone was better than us and we were lucky to be playing in the same division as everyone else. We’ve gone from an absolute abomination to a win, two draws and a single defeat in Marti’s first four games. That’s pretty solid and given the mess he inherited shouldn’t be underestimated.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024