Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gaffer on tonight's win 23:09 - Dec 1 with 4863 viewsbosh67

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/

Early days but it kind of feels like we may have our 'special one'!?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on tonight's win on 23:21 - Dec 1 with 4769 viewsjoolsyp

"I think the plan worked very well - not because I'm a genius but because they are a very good players. That's a fact."

Very modest but I'd like to think we do have a genius on our hands.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 23:30 - Dec 1 with 4685 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Chair and Willock are re-born, Dixon-Bonner has emerged, Larkeche and Kelman are contributing, Paal can play midfield. What is this sorcery? If he can keep JCS fit and get the lesser-spotted Richards playing then he really is the messiah.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 01:18 - Dec 2 with 4512 viewsPunteR

Gaffer on tonight's win on 23:30 - Dec 1 by Benny_the_Ball

Chair and Willock are re-born, Dixon-Bonner has emerged, Larkeche and Kelman are contributing, Paal can play midfield. What is this sorcery? If he can keep JCS fit and get the lesser-spotted Richards playing then he really is the messiah.

Willock starting and Chair in the bench. "F@cking Voodoo Magic Man!"

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gaffer on tonight's win on 18:29 - Dec 2 with 4256 viewsStevenageRanger

Gaffer on tonight's win on 01:18 - Dec 2 by PunteR

Willock starting and Chair in the bench. "F@cking Voodoo Magic Man!"

I like the way you add in the old skool reference after the recent chat
Gaffer on tonight's win on 19:33 - Dec 2 with 4125 viewsJules4367

Not wishing to rain on the parade but reality has to set in ...fabulous result and we played well in the second half but as they said on the commentary, few teams will be as forgiving as Preston for R's first half performance and we could easily be 2 own by half time against other teams. Then we have Dykes madness- he's a liability NOT an asset. Finally the goals were lucky in so far as, the defender and keeper should have covered the Smyth goal and Willock's connectionn 5 yards out was scuffed and the keeper muffed it! Compare those trickles over the line with the goals scored against us and please do not be lulled into thinking we are racing up the league.
It is an improvement, Willock's goal Tuesday was well taken but Dykes' miss and then our defending was abysmal! Our corner taking and set pieces at flawed.
I will take scrappy goals at this stage but it is not sustainable and we need strikers who hit the goal with venom and accuracy and not other players on the nose!
Gaffer on tonight's win on 23:51 - Dec 2 with 3966 viewsbosh67

Gaffer on tonight's win on 19:33 - Dec 2 by Jules4367

Not wishing to rain on the parade but reality has to set in ...fabulous result and we played well in the second half but as they said on the commentary, few teams will be as forgiving as Preston for R's first half performance and we could easily be 2 own by half time against other teams. Then we have Dykes madness- he's a liability NOT an asset. Finally the goals were lucky in so far as, the defender and keeper should have covered the Smyth goal and Willock's connectionn 5 yards out was scuffed and the keeper muffed it! Compare those trickles over the line with the goals scored against us and please do not be lulled into thinking we are racing up the league.
It is an improvement, Willock's goal Tuesday was well taken but Dykes' miss and then our defending was abysmal! Our corner taking and set pieces at flawed.
I will take scrappy goals at this stage but it is not sustainable and we need strikers who hit the goal with venom and accuracy and not other players on the nose!

I don't think anyone would dispute much of this in the cold light of day but where do we get the money to get the players we need? We desperately need another seasoned striker but we have no money. We probably should have kept Martin but we didn't. The squad is what it is and if Marti can keep them believing then we have a chance of escaping this against all odds. The reality is we are 4 points from safety with perhaps only Stoke above us in current free fall. All we can do is grind results out somehow and he's got us playing in a way to do that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gaffer on tonight's win on 00:08 - Dec 3 with 3948 viewsBklynRanger

Looking through this paragraph of joy, you've got goals scored against us that you acknowledge didn't happen, Tuesday night's result and performance rather than Friday's, Dykes being shit when by most accounts he had a good game, a decent sprinkling of patronising mid Atlantic-speak and a desperate plea for the sort of striker we really can't afford. Other than that good post.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 00:08 - Dec 3 with 3944 viewskensalriser

Other than that we're all good though?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Gaffer on tonight's win on 00:47 - Dec 3 with 3899 viewsQPROslo

2 games ago many on here were predicting us relegated because there were no goals in the side. We've just scored 6 goals in 2 games and now you're complaining because a couple of the goals were scrambled home from close range, unsubstainable you say! Shots from distance from Willock were described as unsubstainable a year ago. Føkk me I'll take what we get off Clive Allen's knee if he's still mobile, whatever. The scrambled in goals are great showing we're getting players into the box, Chair going another way. A Dozzell belter or Dykes flying header brilliant. Enjoy them while they happen. Perhaps there are goals in the team, and we've found a Head Coach who can get us scoring them.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 08:19 - Dec 3 with 3699 viewsSpaceman_P

I'm personally happy if it comes of the arse of one of them.... as long as it goes in.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 09:04 - Dec 3 with 3618 viewsQPR_Jim

Gaffer on tonight's win on 00:47 - Dec 3 by QPROslo

2 games ago many on here were predicting us relegated because there were no goals in the side. We've just scored 6 goals in 2 games and now you're complaining because a couple of the goals were scrambled home from close range, unsubstainable you say! Shots from distance from Willock were described as unsubstainable a year ago. Føkk me I'll take what we get off Clive Allen's knee if he's still mobile, whatever. The scrambled in goals are great showing we're getting players into the box, Chair going another way. A Dozzell belter or Dykes flying header brilliant. Enjoy them while they happen. Perhaps there are goals in the team, and we've found a Head Coach who can get us scoring them.

I think the main difference is that we're creating chances when we didn't used to. In the last 2 games we've had players missing sitters and scoring scrappy goals but previously neither was happening because we weren't creating chances. We've lost to scrappy goals ourselves and the opposition has been praised for being determined, it's just a matter of perspective.

I wonder whether we're a few games away from Willock up front with Chair and Smyth off him. We're playing the ball on the floor more so Dykes height isn't too important, so Marti might take the option to swap him for a more clinical player with a bit of flair.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 10:31 - Dec 3 with 3513 viewsQPROslo

Gaffer on tonight's win on 09:04 - Dec 3 by QPR_Jim

I think the main difference is that we're creating chances when we didn't used to. In the last 2 games we've had players missing sitters and scoring scrappy goals but previously neither was happening because we weren't creating chances. We've lost to scrappy goals ourselves and the opposition has been praised for being determined, it's just a matter of perspective.

I wonder whether we're a few games away from Willock up front with Chair and Smyth off him. We're playing the ball on the floor more so Dykes height isn't too important, so Marti might take the option to swap him for a more clinical player with a bit of flair.

I expect Marti will try that perhaps with Armstrong playing. But Dykes gives a fairly mobile physical presence up and down the centre of the pitch drawing in defenders when we have the ball and bolstering us defensively whe we don't, so think he'll remain a regular starter as long as his form remains decent.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 10:36 - Dec 3 with 3496 viewsNorthernr

Gaffer on tonight's win on 00:47 - Dec 3 by QPROslo

Agreed. I didn't think we'd score six before Spring, never mind six in a week.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 11:51 - Dec 3 with 3376 viewsnix

Gaffer on tonight's win on 09:04 - Dec 3 by QPR_Jim

I think it's a bit of a mixture. We are creating more but we've also got people gambling to get there on the end of crosses whereas before we had Dykes in the box and that was about it, unless it was a freekick or a corner.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 11:55 - Dec 3 with 3351 viewsconnell10

You do know this is all gonna go Titso....its what we do!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Gaffer on tonight's win on 12:25 - Dec 3 with 3298 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The goals were identical, Chair whipping it in from our left between their goalie and left back.
I'd say that had been highlighted in training, and executed in the game.
Just as we were not unlucky under GA, just poorly coached, the goals against Preston were not lucky, just well coached.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 14:36 - Dec 3 with 3179 viewshoops_legend

Gaffer on tonight's win on 11:55 - Dec 3 by connell10

You do know this is all gonna go Titso....its what we do!!!

Yes things will look rosy for a bit but something will happen. It’s QPR after all

Marti is amazing
Gaffer on tonight's win on 14:47 - Dec 3 with 3168 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Gaffer on tonight's win on 11:51 - Dec 3 by nix

I think it's a bit of a mixture. We are creating more but we've also got people gambling to get there on the end of crosses whereas before we had Dykes in the box and that was about it, unless it was a freekick or a corner.

We are creating more because we are starting to be relentless in pressing the teams in the danger areas nix which leads to all kinds of nice things.
Not only more chances but Dykes and Armstrong can buzz around the box without being isolated and getting frustrated which led to multiple cards espiceally for SA.
Chair delivered some PL quality crosses and we could have got a 3rd if Dykes anticipated more which will come IMO.
Be keeping teams including goalies pinned in the pressure will ease on our D so we should conceed less and score more
Its all looking bright at the moment thankfully except for the corners of course
Gaffer on tonight's win on 17:18 - Dec 3 with 3048 viewsnix

Gaffer on tonight's win on 14:47 - Dec 3 by CLAREMAN1995

We are creating more because we are starting to be relentless in pressing the teams in the danger areas nix which leads to all kinds of nice things.
Not only more chances but Dykes and Armstrong can buzz around the box without being isolated and getting frustrated which led to multiple cards espiceally for SA.
Chair delivered some PL quality crosses and we could have got a 3rd if Dykes anticipated more which will come IMO.
Be keeping teams including goalies pinned in the pressure will ease on our D so we should conceed less and score more
Its all looking bright at the moment thankfully except for the corners of course

Those things too!
Gaffer on tonight's win on 20:57 - Dec 3 with 2817 viewsgazza1

Stoke & Preston were pretty poor outfits, we were better than the both of them, we did enough to win both games, we are improving, confidence is growing & we appear to have a decent Manager/Coach playing better type of football.

Happy days til Saturday against Hull.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 22:00 - Dec 3 with 2631 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Gaffer on tonight's win on 20:57 - Dec 3 by gazza1

Stoke & Preston were pretty poor outfits, we were better than the both of them, we did enough to win both games, we are improving, confidence is growing & we appear to have a decent Manager/Coach playing better type of football.

Happy days til Saturday against Hull.

Stoke was a difficult game and we had a bit of lady luck on our side. Having got that elusive first home win, the boys were excellent on Friday and made Preston look poor.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 14:15 - Dec 4 with 2419 viewsTheChef

Oh Jules you negative loon cheer up for fks sake.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Gaffer on tonight's win on 13:08 - Dec 8 with 2164 viewsW7Ranger

Kin'ell, tough crowd!

Gaffer on tonight's win on 15:04 - Dec 8 with 2029 viewsqprninja

"Sign a f**king striker!!"..........sigh.
Gaffer on tonight's win on 16:34 - Dec 8 with 1932 viewsderbyhoop

The Rs 1st half at Deepdale was fantastically disciplined. They had 1 (ONE) shot in 45 minutes. OK we didn't create anything but you could hear the crowd getting g frustrated.
I'd love to see us score with a 25 yard piledriver after a 25 pass move, but this is the Championship. 5 yarders at the back post after a cross that cuts out every defender will do nicely.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024