Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things to love about Marti 10:57 - Dec 2 with 10232 viewsbellomatic

1. He can win without flogging our players to death. Amazing to get a win where we rested our best player for 45 mins, and we haven’t racked up exhaustion debt that means we’ll lose the next three.

2. Substitutions that work. What a delight to have two games where our manager out thinks his opposite number. Can’t remember the last time that happened at QPR.

3. Making the squad deeper. Bring new players through and suddenly the squad doesn’t feel quite so thin.

4. What a way with language. ‘Achieving not deserving’ is a great phrase. (Would be interested to know if it a translation from a phrase in Spanish or Swedish.)

Two swallows don’t make a summer and all that, but let’s savour the good times while they last…

Things to love about Marti on 22:29 - Dec 2 with 2879 viewsAirtomoreira

Things to love about Marti on 21:30 - Dec 2 by Hastings_Hoops

How will everyone be feeling IF we win three and draw one of the next four matches?…

Hull (home)
Plymouth (home)
Sheff Wed (away)
Southampton (home)

Because it’s not inconceivable as we stand today.

…that puts us in mid table. Are we looking upwards or over our shoulder going into the Millwall match?

After that we have a write-off with Ipswich away; then four home matches in January against teams we should be beating if we’re playing ok.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 21:37]

No chance Marti will be looking at Ipswich away as a write off!
Things to love about Marti on 22:40 - Dec 2 with 2833 viewscolinallcars

How will everyone be feeling IF we win three and draw one of the next four matches?…

Hull (home)
Plymouth (home)
Sheff Wed (away)
Southampton (home)

…that puts us in mid table. Are we looking upwards or over our shoulder going into the Millwall match?

After that we have a write-off with Ipswich away; then four home matches in January against teams we should be beating if we’re playing ok.

We'll beat Hull if we can keep an even keel
If we lose to Plymouth I'll be on the gin
Can't think of anything for the last two
I'm off up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire.
Things to love about Marti on 00:21 - Dec 3 with 2725 viewsLoftgirl

Hull (home)
Plymouth (home)
Sheff Wed (away)
Southampton (home)

No write-offs with El Grande in charge.
Things to love about Marti on 22:45 - Dec 3 with 2387 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Hull (home)
Plymouth (home)
Sheff Wed (away)
Southampton (home)

Obviously delighted but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Things to love about Marti on 12:59 - Dec 4 with 2201 viewsbosh67

Good little piece on BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67612119

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Things to love about Marti on 11:00 - Dec 5 with 2044 viewsdm97

Listening to his interview with lads at W12 pod. 15 minutes in and it’s immediately obvious how bright this guy is, not just what he says but how he articulates his view (in another language at that) . Very few repeated “you vs yourself” / “fine margins” cliches; talks sense and talks clearly. Must be great and rare to work for a manager like that.

Interested to see how he gets QPR’d…
Things to love about Marti on 11:47 - Dec 5 with 1940 viewsderbyhoop

Hull (home)
Plymouth (home)
Sheff Wed (away)
Southampton (home)

I'm looking for 10 points from December games. It would give us 26 points from 25 games. Gives us a fighting chance.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Things to love about Marti on 17:03 - Dec 5 with 1770 viewsPindarus

The main thing to love about him is that he is the complete antithesis of Ainsworth.
Login to get fewer ads

Things to love about Marti on 18:04 - Dec 5 with 1669 viewsLoyalitat

Things to love about Marti on 17:03 - Dec 5 by Pindarus

The main thing to love about him is that he is the complete antithesis of Ainsworth.

And thank goodness for that.

Watching Notts County twice over the last two international breaks on television against Mansfield and Bradford provided ample evidence that Ainsworth will need to change his parochial view on how the game should be played, as the game has seriously moved on in all divisions.

All of the teams mentioned, played in a manner and intent that was light years ahead of anything served up by Ainsworth during his time at QPR. There are many other sides in the top half of league two whose playing style is the very antithesis of Ainsworth's.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 18:04]
Things to love about Marti on 18:26 - Dec 5 with 1613 viewsBklynRanger

Things to love about Marti on 17:23 - Dec 2 by ParkRoyalR

In the case of Glasgow Rangers,

Half a dozen duds costing in excess of £20 million+ and millions on wages, increasing an already inflated wage bill to the highest in Scotland, reportedly £ 60m+

Beale, according to Rangers fans, has caused long-term financial damage it could take 2 or 3 seasons to repair,

We dodged a massive bullet with that clown, who had the front to turn-up to the Stoke game on Tuesday with Neil Banfield - that bloke's got some brass neck on him!

Beale was there on Tuesday?!

He timed that all wrong didn't he? Must have given his non existent agent an earfull on the drive home.
Things to love about Marti on 19:02 - Dec 5 with 1573 viewsCateLeBonR

Things to love about Marti on 11:00 - Dec 5 by dm97

Listening to his interview with lads at W12 pod. 15 minutes in and it’s immediately obvious how bright this guy is, not just what he says but how he articulates his view (in another language at that) . Very few repeated “you vs yourself” / “fine margins” cliches; talks sense and talks clearly. Must be great and rare to work for a manager like that.

Interested to see how he gets QPR’d…

I was most impressed with his wls interview last week. In the second part Ian McCullough used the phrase "stop starty" talking about Jake Clarke Salter's time here so far. He got it straight off.
Things to love about Marti on 11:39 - Dec 6 with 1372 viewshubble

"Paul Smyth: QPR players 'thriving' under Marti Cifuentes"

The Beeb seem to have fallen in love with Marti as well. Here's their latest piece, I think they've posted at least 4 about him in the last couple of weeks: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67615737

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Things to love about Marti on 11:47 - Dec 6 with 1352 viewsHastings_Hoops

Things to love about Marti on 11:47 - Dec 5 by derbyhoop

I'm looking for 10 points from December games. It would give us 26 points from 25 games. Gives us a fighting chance.

That’s my (cautious) hope. Makes it 1 defeat in 9 / 5 wins in 9.
Things to love about Marti on 11:48 - Dec 6 with 1332 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Things to love about Marti on 11:39 - Dec 6 by hubble

"Paul Smyth: QPR players 'thriving' under Marti Cifuentes"

The Beeb seem to have fallen in love with Marti as well. Here's their latest piece, I think they've posted at least 4 about him in the last couple of weeks: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67615737

We're fast becoming Marti Cifuentes' Queens Park Rangers.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Things to love about Marti on 21:26 - Dec 6 with 1099 viewsthame_hoops

Lee Hoos deserves a lot of credit for this appointment. Well played that man.
Things to love about Marti on 22:04 - Dec 6 with 1047 viewsDiscodroids

Handsome Bloke.

I'm not saying Marti's up there with my number one heartthrob Akos Buzacky, but he's a looker. Not that i'm that way inclined you understand , but this thrice married rugged eastender can spot beauty wherever it lays it's Hat.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2023 22:04]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Things to love about Marti on 09:28 - Dec 7 with 838 viewsBlue_Castello

Hull (home)
Plymouth (home)
Sheff Wed (away)
Southampton (home)

Well I'm going to Ipswich away and I sincerely hope Marti doesn't see the game as a write off and from every interview he's given so far I think he genuinely believes we can win every game before it starts.

When we played Ipswich at home under Ainsworth back in August we lost 1-0 and we definitely had chances in that game a draw was more a fair result, we now have a better Manager, sorry Gareth love you, who is a far better tactician, appears clever on team selection, reactive during games to style of play and strategically uses subs to influence the game, we are getting better even with the squad that some said were rubbish and we should ditch the lot of them.

Ipswich are a class act at the moment because of McKenna, if you analyse their players they are good but have become very good because of the style of play implemented by the Manager, Ie Morsy and Luongo are playing above the level they have produced at most of their previous clubs.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 9:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024